Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?
At least PPJ finally followed through on falling on his sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Jeffrey and koala need to be de modded

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

foobardog posted:

Oh, this also explains why Benghazi 2 said something about information she had gained a few days ago.

gently caress, 2020 is going to be the dumbest hellyear yet

in retrospect, why she was perma'd

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

boredsatellite posted:

why is this entire thing so dumb

Trump

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Accordion Man posted:

It's also probably why they didn't want to give CSPAM its own mods because you guys would whistleblow the gently caress out of them.

tbf how would anyone normal handle being told about it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pog boyfriend posted:

they made me promise not to leak any posts and also when i was made a mod they had apparently rebooted some of the threads so that i couldnt see what they were talking about. and then i found out about this, tonight. what the hell

christ

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

At this point if I was in charge I would roll back like, every mod decision that's happened in the last like two months and just politely beg if we could just pretend it's like november 25th and all this other stuff didn't happen.

just give in to all the smaller demands from there

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
The thread is back by the way. Locked, but in cspam

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

they made me promise not to leak any posts and also when i was made a mod they had apparently rebooted some of the threads so that i couldnt see what they were talking about. and then i found out about this, tonight. what the hell

eyyy

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

mods know

Grymauch
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i love my dead trans forums

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

tbh knowing what mods knew, and when, is pretty important if we're to trust or respect them at all

At this point, I'm not sure how that could be done without opening the mod forums or getting all new mods

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
free fyad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
piss pij jrandad

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
C-SPAM: Better drama isn't possible

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

the skyline was beautiful on fire
all twisted metal spinning upwards
everything washed in an orange haze
I said kiss me you're beautiful
these are truly the last days
you grabbed my hand and we fell into it
like a daydream
or a fever

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Whitenoise Poster posted:

At this point if I was in charge I would roll back like, every mod decision that's happened in the last like two months and just politely beg if we could just pretend it's like november 25th and all this other stuff didn't happen.

just give in to all the smaller demands from there

Bring back fishmech you say?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

The Muppets On PCP posted:

tbf how would anyone normal handle being told about it

oh gosh its just such a great honor to be made a mod of the something awful forums, i would never dream of leaking your bullshit

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

this guy is so powerful he's posting while probated (???)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

gbs should not tolerate posters who even joke about defending accused nazis

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

i just want to quickly state that ppj perma banning himself not only wasn't necessary, it is the consequence of a series of terrible decisions made by the moderation team over the last few weeks.

The administration has not acted in good faith, not engaged in good faith, and just done whatever the gently caress it felt like. Whenever a forum would get out of hand, we'd get a few paragraphs of "oh here you go now go away and shut up" and it was loving absurd.

Here's the reason this matters:

This is a community. We exist in this community. Some of us care deeply about other members of this community. With your total ineptitude, you have shattered portions of OUR community. My friends are gone. They can't or won't come back, and it is completely and totally because of your actions. We stay and get angry because we WANT to be here, and we want to work with moderators who engage with us in good faith and are part of the community that we built.

If you can't understand that, and its clear that basically none of you do, then you need leave. And now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thug Lessons posted:

I'm constantly amazed at how you guys can't even enjoy winning.

this perspective makes sense if you thought this was about "winning" in the first place

it wasn't

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

absolutely #1, especially since the knee-jerk mod/admin reaction clearly tells us that they literally all knew for months or years lmfao

Mods knew.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

littleorv posted:

Imagine letting the power of being a mod go to your head so much you think going undercover in a nazi discord is a great idea

i still have a hard time believing the story he and jeff and KM threw out. too much of it is just unnecessarily complicated, plus that sun tzu person putting another nail in the coffin

it seems far more likely that ppj was just posting in a nazi discord, someone else caught wise, and the whole fable spun up out of necessity to justify what ppj was doing

like he couldn't provide even one example of his "operation" successfully unmasking a nazi on our forums

EDIT:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

i just want to quickly state that ppj perma banning himself not only wasn't necessary, it is the consequence of a series of terrible decisions made by the moderation team over the last few weeks.

The administration has not acted in good faith, not engaged in good faith, and just done whatever the gently caress it felt like. Whenever a forum would get out of hand, we'd get a few paragraphs of "oh here you go now go away and shut up" and it was loving absurd.

Here's the reason this matters:

This is a community. We exist in this community. Some of us care deeply about other members of this community. With your total ineptitude, you have shattered portions of OUR community. My friends are gone. They can't or won't come back, and it is completely and totally because of your actions. We stay and get angry because we WANT to be here, and we want to work with moderators who engage with us in good faith and are part of the community that we built.

If you can't understand that, and its clear that basically none of you do, then you need leave. And now.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

for admin eyes only, for real lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Oh yeah, I didn't even consider that angle of it lol. That guy's existence literally proves that PPJ's infiltration wasn't actually accomplishing anything.

ok yeah that is pretty funny

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/622449417181462531/663875096993202202/garfield1.mp4

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
mods knew mod snoo

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Spooky

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I love that they thought PPJ making that announcement with the Coupons mod coming in behind him dropping the hammer on dissenters would at all quell the situation

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

mods ran a literal iran contra with funds siphoned from KM's tacky TGRS patreon

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

lmao informant

they really think they are cops

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
If we could figure out how to boil water using forums drama, we could end global warming tomorrow

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

so like ppj literally thought it was a good idea to post that, ppj literally thought it would be a good idea to get a sockpuppet (?!) or friendly mod to start week-probing people, and ppj literally thought it would be a smart idea to start shutting down threads and memory holing them

this is so incompetently handled im almost convinced he might be a spook b/c of the history of d&d moderation

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

why is this entire thing so dumb

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
every mod and admin involved with this should be removed from their positions and everyone probated or banned from calling them out should have their punishments overturned.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Several days ago I was begging for QCS to be reopened but now I think its a pretty good role model for the rest of these forums

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im afraid at this juncture the only solution is to remod McCaine and give him full authority to crush the forces of reaction beneath the tank treads of norwegian twink communism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

:justpost: