Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Whaaaaaaaat is happening?

TV Zombie posted:

again...what happened?

time to log off from the internet for a bit. All this is confusing and stressful.

The TLDR is Party Plane Jones (D&D mod) has been called out for months over questionable behavior towards CSPAM. This led to them being told not to go into CSPAM and moderate it (think SAS mods loving around and being petty in RR). Then this continued to be an issue and ppl kept demanding PPJ answer for their lovely behavior eg. probating Benghazi 2 for calling a (at the time) mod of Tabletop Gaming an idiot in D&D for thinking a billionaire is actually telling the truth about "not paying for access to a candidate" after a big multi hundred thousand dollar dinner was held for that candidacy. Anyway it eventually led to Koalas March posting about hownactually PPJ is doing good things because they have been secretly tracking nazi ex-goons on discord etc and giving mods a heads up about "attacks" (while somehow also missing all the FYAD stuff). Someone the posted screens of PPJs posts on discord where they posted gore videos from Brazil laughing at them on allegedly nazi sympathetic doscords etc. so people started to heavily mock PPJ and the mods who stood up for him until PPJ posted a detailed post about how they've been an "undercover" spy to catch nazis etc on discord. People also mocked this because PPJ was posting on discord under their SA name so their spying was pretty terrible. PPJ also changed their avatar to Christoph Walz from Inglorious Basterds as another cheeky form of condescension towards CSPAM. Then they decided to permaban themselves.

Thats about the gist of it.

Oh and PPJ was a mod picked by R Guyovich who also turned out to be a genocide denier who got outed when CSPAM got pissed at him for going into CSPAM and starting poo poo with the regulars there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i ring fit adventure and i killed my legs on my first day, thanks

none of the other subforums matter tbh and they should all be deleted. Combat sports and wrestling are the only things that matter.

video games too i guess??? they're pushing it though

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Mekchu posted:

The TLDR is Party Plane Jones (D&D mod) has been called out for months over questionable behavior towards CSPAM. This led to them being told not to go into CSPAM and moderate it (think SAS mods loving around and being petty in RR). Then this continued to be an issue and ppl kept demanding PPJ answer for their lovely behavior eg. probating Benghazi 2 for calling a (at the time) mod of Tabletop Gaming an idiot in D&D for thinking a billionaire is actually telling the truth about "not paying for access to a candidate" after a big multi hundred thousand dollar dinner was held for that candidacy. Anyway it eventually led to Koalas March posting about hownactually PPJ is doing good things because they have been secretly tracking nazi ex-goons on discord etc and giving mods a heads up about "attacks" (while somehow also missing all the FYAD stuff). Someone the posted screens of PPJs posts on discord where they posted gore videos from Brazil laughing at them on allegedly nazi sympathetic doscords etc. so people started to heavily mock PPJ and the mods who stood up for him until PPJ posted a detailed post about how they've been an "undercover" spy to catch nazis etc on discord. People also mocked this because PPJ was posting on discord under their SA name so their spying was pretty terrible. PPJ also changed their avatar to Christoph Walz from Inglorious Basterds as another cheeky form of condescension towards CSPAM. Then they decided to permaban themselves.

Thats about the gist of it.

Oh and PPJ was a mod picked by R Guyovich who also turned out to be a genocide denier who got outed when CSPAM got pissed at him for going into CSPAM and starting poo poo with the regulars there.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll take that comedy 6er with the Colby Covington crying blood pic as the reason now.

Thanks and god bless.

Edit - its this pic

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 8, 2020

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lowtax should just kill the whole forums since that's where this will eventually just go tbh

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I hope not :( i waste so much downtime on here in between crap i gotta do

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i feel refreshed, like i wanna post goatse or something

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hell yeah something awful dot com i live for this.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The Nazi Mod Spy Plan is straight up one of the stupidest loving things I've ever seen on these forums. Holy jesus it's just so stupid on such a phenomenal number of levels. The whole thing is just like an onion made of poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

at the risk of taking away some fun, if you were ever mad about DoctorGonzo being allowed to re-register then this is significantly worse. power users were and still are aggressively for the idea of a moderator palling around with nazis and blending in with them for an indefinite period of time in order to get some of the nazis' secret accounts here banned even though there weren't many or possibly any that were actually legitimately unknown beforehand. the judgment shown across the board and the futile attempt to bury it should be extremely concerning if you value your safety online against nazis as I know many people on here do.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i dont want SA to close. reddit is poo poo and i'd rather not have to join a million specific discords for my dumb interests thanks

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach’s go to empty room…

Cockroache’s Anarchist

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

be extra careful from now on. Don't ever trust anyone except for me.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The Nazi Mod Spy Plan is straight up one of the stupidest loving things I've ever seen on these forums. Holy jesus it's just so stupid on such a phenomenal number of levels. The whole thing is just like an onion made of poo poo.

i honestly cant imagine how infuriating it must be as someone who actually is confronted with this poo poo offline. like itd be so loving comical if it werent disgusting.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

me as well even if i have laughed at some fyad posts before

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cavauro posted:

Hiw can you trust that I trust you?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Everyone needs to take the oath of being trustworthy or you should never trust them. you can begin now and be judged by the current administration of trustworthy users: Cavauro, yea ok

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cavauro posted:

power users were and still are aggressively for the idea of a moderator palling around with nazis and blending in with them for an indefinite period of time in order to get some of the nazis' secret accounts here banned even though there weren't many or possibly any that were actually legitimately unknown beforehand. the judgment shown across the board and the futile attempt to bury it should be extremely concerning if you value your safety online against nazis as I know many people on here do.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I can guarantee you that this insanity was as much of a surprise to me as any of you, and I had no loving idea PPJ was doing anything like this, and I assume most of the other mods didn't have a clue either.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I can't speak for anybody else, but I can guarantee you that this insanity was as much of a surprise to me as any of you, and I had no loving idea PPJ was doing anything like this, and I assume most of the other mods didn't have a clue either.

if you don't want to get into it's understandable, although you'll still be mod scum forever, naturally, BUT; did mods just think he was doing some poo poo to find the Bad Nazis or wtf? (ed: which btw none got banned from his wonderful work lol) and all the new discord poo poo is just out of the blue? it's a really weird situation

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

That's my assumption though it seems like a lot of mods did also know. Jeffrey knew which is a problem. This entire thing is insane and I'm baffled as to how no one thought it was a good idea.

We've had our disagreements J-Ru but holy poo poo you're a legitimately good mod. This whole thing is insane.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

yea ok posted:

i honestly cant imagine how infuriating it must be as someone who actually is confronted with this poo poo offline. like itd be so loving comical if it werent disgusting.

It's just so, I don't even know, naive I guess? Just like comically childishly so?? As someone who's been doing this irl for literal decades now; it's the feeling one might get watching a 4 old picking up a fully loaded machine gun. That's the best analogy I come up with that doesn't involve me saying things that would probably get me banned.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

yea ok posted:

did mods just think he was doing some poo poo to find the Bad Nazis or wtf?

Unless he was talking to people privately or through the mod discord (I'm not on it), then no, I can't think of anything that suggested this was going on.

yea ok posted:

you'll still be mod scum forever, naturally

Naturally. :hai:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
there's probably some mods that just dont interact that much with mot of the big mod stuff and legit had no idea what was going on. I know Hulkamatt really didnt bother with forums wide poo poo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, from what I can suss out from the mod posts this was a clique of mods. And an admin. An admin being in on it feels like a huge problem.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am unable to press my stamp of trustworthiness seal onto any posts at the moment, but the comments made by Jerusalem are currently being reviewed in a positive light.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Another successful Goon Project™

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i like how his undercover identity was himself. why didn’t he just pretend to be nurge or some poo poo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Sweet J-Ru never betray us.

I can't calm down so I'm gonna vent more. We would always have these disingenuous little loving snakes try to sneak their way in. Any that offered to 'spy' was a cop calling rat literally 100% of the time. The ones that were actually walking away from their hate cut ties with the offending groups, they listened, they talked, they apologized. They made amends and stayed away from their former pals for good. This whole thing is just so loving baffling and the absolute wall of silence we're being fed is beyond absurd.

THEY LET A KNOWN NAZI FEED THEM "INFO" THAT RESULTED IN NO ACTION AND MADE HIM A MOD WITH THE POWER TO PUNISH MINORITIES LIKE WHAT EVEN IN THE WORLD F U C K

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, the worst spy is the person who volunteered to spy for you.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, the worst spy is the person who volunteered to spy for you.

The loving disguise trick that Bugs Bunny used to try and trick a mentally impaired Fudd actually worked on these mods. And then mass 7-day probating people who go "wtf" without any other mod input. And after all the FYAD, poo poo admin, LGBT (with heavy emphasis on the T) posters suffering doxxing and harassment...

gently caress yall.

Just gently caress.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

quick update.

Jerusalem posted:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

welcome to the trust circle. we'll be sending your invite shortly.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

yea ok posted:

THey didn't even ask me, and I'm the most beloved of all

If it was a voting thing I would vote for you

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
it seems like all the mods knew, and the reason i wasn't modded, was because frankly, i hate nazis. probate me for saying that if you must.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I know it's the fashionable thing to do when Mod Drama™ strikes from the heavens, but please J-Ru + Junpai DO NOT STEP DOWN. Junpai has credentials and is brand new, and while J-Ru has had the occasional gently caress-up or blind spot, you can tell that they listen and learn and they do their best to be better going forward!! Which is, imho, the A #1 Heavyweight Champ Most Important Thing when it comes to being a mod.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
anyone who wants to mod anything is not to be trusted, including posters itt

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i wouldnt be caught dead.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i just crave power and want to be feared, like any other human being

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I know it's the fashionable thing to do when Mod Drama™ strikes from the heavens, but please J-Ru + Junpai DO NOT STEP DOWN. Junpai has credentials and is brand new, and while J-Ru has had the occasional gently caress-up or blind spot, you can tell that they listen and learn and they do their best to be better going forward!! Which is, imho, the A #1 Heavyweight Champ Most Important Thing when it comes to being a mod.

junpei is one of the secret cabal who knew about PPJ being a godlike spy banning all (none) of the nazis. i'll give the benefit of the doubt and say she got hoodwinked or something, but it's extremely not a good look. i think she's probably too trusting though, but i'm not here to psychoanalyze someone i don't know at all. i hope she'll still be my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Junpei, do the right thing. *holds open hand and makes 'gimme' gestures increasingly desperately*