Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Jealous of my boyfriend's celebrity crush.

He masturbates to photos of her and is astounded by how he finishes so quickly— 3 minutes— and tells me he finishes when looking at pictures of me in 6 minutes.

why would you tell her this

why would you even keep track :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sorry bud you just rank as a 7-minuter

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Jealous of my boyfriend's celebrity crush.

My boyfriend has a huge crush on Scarlett Johannson. He told me she's his favorite woman and is always talking about how hot she is

I served her in a restaurant once, dude is not wrong. :love:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My boyfriend has a huge crush on Scarlett Johannson. He told me she's his favorite woman and is always talking about how hot she is and is looking at pictures and videos of her. He even said he would cheat on me with her because "it'd be worth it since she's so hot"

He tells me I'm beautiful and that I'm the only one he wants

hmmmm

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Leon Einstein posted:

Today I learned that a person is an rear end in a top hat if they don't care about boomer memes and FB posts.

If you’re at the point where your so is showing you something and without looking you can immediately say “I don’t care” it’s probably time to evaluate and/or discuss your relationship rather than ignoring them

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Hon, I think we need to sit down and talk about our relationship. Specifically, how loving lame you are.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Beachcomber posted:

Slave culture definitely means they're doing bdsm roleplay. Maybe Gor poo poo.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Xenocides posted:

r/relationships: Nobody messes with my pasta drawer

That's basically the current title, also the gently caress is up with Reddit and pasta?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Beachcomber posted:

Hon, I think we need to sit down and talk about our relationship. Specifically, how loving lame you are.

I too want to be the stereotypical sitcom couple that hates each other yet inexplicably stays together

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Mozi posted:

sorry bud you just rank as a 7-minuter

The guy's story reminds me of my first job, right out of Gay Business School. One time I and two other guys were meeting with a prospect who asked me, "Of your two partners here, who do you think you could jerk it to the fastest?" I thought about it for a second and, because I didn't want to lose the sale, I gave an honest opinion.

Well, word got around at the office and pretty soon every guy was coming up to my desk and asking me. I started a rankings board, and the faster people got back to me on requests and emails the higher I'd move them up the board. Pretty soon I was a manager, until I was fired for what was admittedly an extremely sexist ranking system. But it works. Amazon does a lamer version of it with those virtual work games they put in their warehouses.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for not bringing homemade treats to the office Christmas party? And telling of co-workers who expected me to?

quote:

This happened a couple weeks back. I am 22 and I'm one of very few women in my office at work. It's me, one other engineer, and two ladies in HR and administration. It kinda sucks and I wanna get a new job once my 401k is vested

Otherwise, there are a lot of guys. Like 50 or so. Most of them older guys with families

We had a potluck style party, and I was assigned a dessert. Everyone was asked to bring something.

I picked up cupcakes from Aldi the night before the party, and thought that was settled. But when I brought them in, a couple people started giving me some poo poo for not bringing something homemade. Specifically 5 of my male coworkers.

I knew a lot of my coworkers have wives or even daughters who cook for them, like they'll have lunch made every day, and they weren't getting poo poo said about that

I was like "How many of y'all cooked your own stuff for this? Not your wife, not your daughters, you yourself got in the kitchen and did it? Come on, raise your hands. Anyone at this here table put any work into this themselves??" and none of them could.

I was like "cool, well I'm single and unless one of you wants to buy me a mail order bride or some poo poo, don't complain"

I was being facetious, like I honestly don't think it's cool that they all act entitled to do gently caress-all at home, and I would want no part in that life...

But it caused some drama at work, the HR rep got secondhand word that I was comparing people's wife's to mail order brides or something. Stuffs cool now,i explained myself, but it seems like it ruffled some feathers

AITA for how I handled this?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting my fiancée to strip at my bachelor party?

My fiancée and I are getting married in a couple months and my friends told me they are planning a bachelor party. They let me in on some of the details, basically a regular party at one of their houses but with extra booze. No strippers.

My fiancée was talking to me about what was happening at the party and I said nothing too exciting. She then takes the conversation in a completely weird direction and says she should strip at it. I thought she was joking but nope, she wants to strip, in front of my friends, at my bachelor party. Weird as all hell, and I of course said no.

I thought that would be the end of it, but I guess once a conversation takes that strange a turn it might as well keep getting weirder. She the insisted she strip. She said that all bachelor parties have strippers(not really true at all) and that what’s better than your soon to be wife stripping. Well I can think of a lot of things but whatever. I again said no, and said that she’s being really weird.

I don’t exactly know what’s gotten into her but she got upset and said that I’m ashamed of her body. I don’t know where that came from but okay. I said that was wrong, I just don’t want her stripping in front of my friends.

She’s still upset. I have truly no clue what I’m supposed to say here. Was I rude in some way?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
I [26M] asked my boyfriend [20M] if it would be ok if I got a roommate in order to save money. He said “no”.

quote:

To preface this, I have only known my current boyfriend Craig for about a month. I really want things to work out between us, since we live about 30 minutes away from each other, and are able to see each other almost everyday.

Most people like us don’t often get this opportunity, since we both met through a furry dating app (there’s not many to choose from in small town America, and most furry relationships start online first, so it can take several months/years before they are able to meet in person).

We caught feelings for each other fast, since we both feel like outsiders in more ways than one. I’ve only known him for a short time, but what we have is so rare and special, that I don’t want to lose it.

The problem is—I want a roommate; for financial reasons.

I am still going to college, and I work in a coffee shop where I get only slightly above minimum wage. I want Craig to be my roommate, but he wants to continue living with his parents so he doesn’t have to spend money unnecessarily while he’s going to school.

I asked him if it would be ok if I asked some friends of mine (who had already expressed interest in being my roommate) to live with me. Craig immediately got defensive, and grilled me about the potential candidates. I assured him that I would never cheat on him in a million years, but nothing I said could convince him. He told me that he would always hold resentment towards my roommate; and that he couldn’t accept it if someone else lived with me.

Am I being unreasonable here? I seriously just want to save money, and I assured Craig that the roommate would just be a means to an end in order to accomplish that. Am I asking too much of him, too soon? Am I being disrespectful by suggesting something like this so early in our relationship?

TL;DR My boyfriend of 1 month is freaking out after I suggested that I wanted a roommate. Is he being unreasonable, or am I?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Ooh, that's one spicy hypothetical conversation to ruin your marriage!

WIBTA for getting an abortion after my husband dies?

quote:

I’ve been going through a lot recently, so I please try to understand. My husband and I were married 3 years ago and we started trying for a baby 2 years in. We were so ready to raise a family together that we started collecting baby equipment before I was even pregnant. My husband’s family has been very invested as well: coming to my appointments, donating baby clothes, volunteering to babysit down the road, etc. Everybody is being very supportive and I get the impression some of them are even more excited than we are.

On the other hand, my family is practically uninvolved. I am an only child. My mom died when I was young and my dad remarried when I left for college. I’ve never had much of a support structure, so I overwhelmingly appreciate all the love from my husband’s family.

After nearly a year of trying, I finally got pregnant. This was three months ago. We were all so happy. My husband’s family started planning a baby shower, we posted announcements on social media, we all celebrated and wrote down baby names together. It was perfect.

And then, about month later, my husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It went undetected for so long that the cancer is very advanced. We’ve explored available treatment options, but it’s almost certain at this point that my husband will die very soon. He is permanently bedridden and clearly very sick. It’s heartbreaking to see him this way.

I love my husband and I love his family, but I’m not ready to be a single mother. I don’t think I’ll be able to support a child on my own while grieving so much. Our dream was to raise a family together and I feel like that dream has been shattered. Once my husband passes, I intend to terminate the pregnancy.

However, I’m afraid that doing so will alienate me from my husband’s family. They’re the only support I have left and I’m terrified that they won’t want anything to do with me if I go through with this. To make matters worse, my husband has been telling people how he’s not afraid because he will live on through our child. The idea clearly provides him a lot of peace and I don’t think I will ever tell him my intentions. Currently, nobody knows what I plan to do.

I feel strongly about this decision, but I know that none of my in-laws will understand. Am I making the right decision?

Wibta for not wanting to hold on to a dream that’s no longer possible?

Oh. That's no hypothetical! Poor woman.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Serephina posted:

hoooooooooooooly gently caress.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
That's horrible. I don't see why she'd have to tell them she had an abortion, though. Just go no contact for a bit and tell them the stress and grief caused a miscarriage. She doesn't have to tell them poo poo if she's not comfortable raising his child alone or just not able to do so.

Not sure if he'll die in time for all of that, though if she's already 3 months along.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Serephina posted:

I feel so horrible for everyone involved, but as she's already four months pregnant, are there any clinics that perform late stage abortions? I was under the impression that they were generally performed within the first three months. What an absolutely heartbreaking situation.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
So what's the plan if he manages to hold on for longer?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Serephina posted:

Pass it off as a miscarriage from the stress. Your in-laws will drop you like you're covered in ants if they hear you aborted the fruit of their recently deceased son's loins.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

"lol" posted:

He said he's learned to find my features attractive, but i still feel bad.

absolutely brutal

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
In Love With My GF But Going Back To My Wife & Kids

quote:

I (41M) have been with wife (33F) for 15yrs, married for 6yrs with two children (11 and 13) About 6mths ago I began an affair with a woman (40F) I’d met in my local pub about 3 months earlier. I left the marital home, as me and wife were arguing more and more, I did not tell the wife about the affair. I have now fallen in love with my GF and want to be with her, however my wife has found out about the affair and threatened to divorce me for adultery, she has said she wants me to go back home but there are strict terms with this, the children are obviously upset that I’m not there and want me home too (and honestly when I go to visit the children, it’s easy and familiar being back home) So I have agreed provisionally that I will return to them, ultimately ending my affair. But I know I’m going back as this is the right thing to do for my children, I still love my GF and if it wasn’t for the children I would divorce my wife. Do you think I am doing the right thing going back?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That post is just a series of math problems that all have bad solutions

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
it was bad to cheat but if you go back EVERYONE will be miserable, kids included. Though it sounds like the wife will not be conducive to you actually getting to see your kids if you do leave so iunno

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fatkraken posted:

it was bad to cheat but if you go back EVERYONE will be miserable, kids included. Though it sounds like the wife will not be conducive to you actually getting to see your kids if you do leave so iunno

It doesnt sound like he really gives a drat though

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Straight White Shark posted:

why would you tell her this

why would you even keep track :wtc:

I'm more shocked by him saying he "learned to find her features attractive" tbh

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Oh no, my wife has threatened to divorce me over something I actually did! What do?
Did he expect her NOT to divorce him? After he left? What??

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Sloth Life posted:

Oh no, my wife has threatened to divorce me over something I actually did! What do?
Did he expect her NOT to divorce him? After he left? What??

she isn't divorcing him though, IF he goes back. Which is a horrible idea, wife shouldn't make it an option, he shouldn't take it even if it is. Staying with someone you don't like "for the kids" is a horrible idea

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
AITA for sneaking a sandwhich into my grandpa's casket at the end of his funeral?

quote:

Okay so there's some context here, here me out. My grandpa and I used to spend a lot of time together when I was a kid. My mom had a travelling job so I would basically spend my summers with my grandpa when school was out.

One of our traditions was whenever it was time for me to go home, we would have my mom meet us at a particular chicken sandwich restaurant and we would "cheers" our sandwiches together before we left.

After he died, I felt like it would be an appropriate send off for my grandpa for me to "cheers" him one last time, so I took a sandwiche into the viewing the day before he was buried and I put it under his jacket. My plan was to eat MY sandwich the next day at the cemetery after he was buried as kind of like, a final send off.

I guess the next morning one of the funeral home workers smelled it and there was a big drama about it because they assumed someone at the funeral home had done it. When my mom found out she was furious at the funeral home people, and when I explained that it was me that did it thinking it would calm her down, she actually got even more pissed. She swore at me and said I was disrespecting her dad and that I was making light of his death.

The funeral didn't have any more drama after that, but my mom and really nobody else would speak to me. Some of my cousins thought it was funny, but nobody seemed to get that it wasn't trying to be funny, it was actually kind of a serious thing between the two of us.

I ate my sandwich later by myself, but I can't get over everyone's reactions. I feel like I was honoring him in my way, and that I had as much right as anyone to do that. He's my grandpa too.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

quote:

I guess I should clarify, my grandpa is vegan and that's part of why she's mad. I didn't want to put that solely on me since I should have remembered that and he usually would just get like a veggie sandwich. This is why I told her that they had put the sandwich in there if that makes sense.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

welcome to hell posted:

AITA for sneaking a sandwhich into my grandpa's casket at the end of his funeral?

"they assumed someone at the funeral home had done it......I explained that it was me that did it"

"I told her that they had put the sandwich in there"

get yer story straight kiddo

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006

Fatkraken posted:

"they assumed someone at the funeral home had done it......I explained that it was me that did it"

"I told her that they had put the sandwich in there"

get yer story straight kiddo

quote:

I actually talked to her a little bit about it a few minutes ago over the phone and kind of deflected it back to the funeral home a little bit. I said they had said it was okay and I just assumed they had run it by her (not 100% true but I mean, she's grieving). She's going to call them and I think that will help take some of her anger/grief out a little now that she can kind of blame someone who isn't family.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Gramps is gonna get a shock when they check his pockets before letting him into Vegan Heaven

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It really needs to become more common knowledge that you can just go to the funeral home people (or equivalent service providers for other situations) with that sort of request, and that they deal with weird stuff all the time and your idea is unlikely to even make their top 10 of weird ideas.

guarantee you by now multiple people have been buried with like dragon buttplugs inserted and the funeral workers will have handled that respectfully and with a generally "if that's what they would have wanted" attitude although in fairness it will have made the top 10 probably.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Girl I like has the same name as my younger sister, how do I proceed?

quote:

Rarely Dated and got asked out by a random girl.

I 23(M) went out with a 23(F) last week. When things were going really well, she told her name which was the same as my sister's 21(F). I didn't think much to it at that time, didnt want to ruin it by mentioning that my sister has the same name. It got even worst that her deceased brother (cancer) has a name similar to mine (1 letter different but pronounced the same). I panicked and said a made up name and she now addresses me with that.

We had an amazing date, spent the night together and both agreed to meet later this week. She kept in touch the whole week, some days till dawn. I asked my closest friends for help and from reading a part of her messages they say that she is really committed, but they are not sure on what to do.

We both have alot in common and at this point having to change my name would be no problem but I don't know what to do with my sister. I love her (sister) but I don't like her to interfere with our sex life. As I mentioned I don't date often because I get emotionally attached easily and would take weeks, even months to get over someone.

TL:DR : I am a manipulative jerk and didn't mention to my date that she has the same name as my younger sister and mine the same (almost) as her deceased brother.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
My stepmother has the same name as my aunt, there's only so many names going around in any particular culture at once.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

My Lovely Horse posted:

It really needs to become more common knowledge that you can just go to the funeral home people (or equivalent service providers for other situations) with that sort of request, and that they deal with weird stuff all the time and your idea is unlikely to even make their top 10 of weird ideas.

guarantee you by now multiple people have been buried with like dragon buttplugs inserted and the funeral workers will have handled that respectfully and with a generally "if that's what they would have wanted" attitude although in fairness it will have made the top 10 probably.

Don’t a lot of bodies go into the casket with buttplugs in anyway to hold in all the like, gravy

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
My [19M] mom started being more accepting towards my girlfriend [38F] after our daughter was born and I don’t know how to move forward

quote:

I’ve been with my girlfriend for a year and a half. Yes she is a bit older, but we worked hard for our relationship and we have a 3 month old daughter together. When my mom found out that my girlfriend was that much older she flipped out and said that she didn’t want to be around us. I tried talking with her for months and months, but she said she wasn’t supportive of what I was doing.

I did let her know I was expecting a baby but things stayed the same and she had only came to see the baby when she was born. Then she recently invited me over for dinner to talk. She was very nice to my girlfriend this time and she apologized for how she acted. She even offered to let us stay in her guest room. She’s been inviting us over more often and she started being super nice.

Yeah I like that I can talk with my mom again, but I’m not sure how exactly I should reconnect with her. I have talked with my girlfriend and she says she doesn’y mind having my mom around often as long as she keeps being respectful like she is now. I do want to have a good relationship with my mom again, but I don’t know what to say or if I should apologize or whatever.

Tldr: I don’t know how to talk to my mom anymore after she cut me off for months when she found out my girlfriend was much older

quote:

When I started seeing her I was 18 so not a minor and I don’t think my life is changing in a bad way. Yes things have been tough with the baby, but I don’t think my life would get worse at all

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Licarn posted:

Girl I like has the same name as my younger sister, how do I proceed?

This really is the dumbest poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Licarn posted:

My [19M] mom started being more accepting towards my girlfriend [38F] after our daughter was born and I don’t know how to move forward

Gf is absolutely close to the moms age.

Also the I was 18 and a day so it’s not weird excuse.

Oh loving god drat it! It’s right in the title.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Dulce et decorum est pro pasta mori

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Licarn posted:

I thought the mom was 19 for a second there.