Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Josef bugman posted:

Yeah, I think that I've never seen a reason why QC is actually bad.

The last several months of qc has been about robot loving. There's one comic where an underaged intern has to get permission from her dad to help out giving a robot butt implants, because said robot had a vagina made for itself. Another robot has a bread fetish.

It's so, so very bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

ChubbyChecker posted:

and he has a real doll fetish

Oh my god, this explains so much.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Once Jeph started world building around the robots everything involving them was kinda poo poo.

Also (bizarrely) it took a noticeable downturn the less it's focused around his self insert character.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

How can you be both am archduke and an emperor???

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Well for one, he's white.

No further arguments.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Who What Now posted:

He was an arch Duke and got promoted to emperor.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

Ain't no rule that says you can have only one title, Europeans used to collect titles the way I collected Pokemon cards.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

sinburger posted:

The last several months of qc has been about robot loving. There's one comic where an underaged intern has to get permission from her dad to help out giving a robot butt implants, because said robot had a vagina made for itself. Another robot has a bread fetish.

It's so, so very bad.

See it just feels like more slightly out there sit com stuff. It's not high art and it isn't always great, but it doesn't ever feel malicious

If you don't like it that's fine, but I think it always comes across as "How dare this artist succeed when he doesn't create art I like".

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Who What Now posted:

"Archduke" was a title the Habsburgs made up in the Middle Ages after they got mad about about not being included in the imperial college of prince-electors. It originally was only carried by any Habsburg ruling in Austria and their heirs apparent, but from 1713 on all Habsburg princes and princesses got to wear the title :eng101:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Who What Now posted:

Have you not played Crusader Kings?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Groke posted:

Have you not played Crusader Kings?

:hmmyes:

If you create one of the Archduke titles in the HRE, you're usually a leading candidate for emperor in that game

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
WW3 is probably imminent so the last thing we need right now is an archduke hanging around

Edit: oh god, Iran are going to assassinate the band Franz Ferdinand in retaliation for Soleimani aren't they? :ohdear:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

[with Iranian accent]: Take them out

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: oh god, Iran are going to assassinate the band Franz Ferdinand in retaliation for Soleimani aren't they? :ohdear:

Bad move, they're allied to the Kaiser Chiefs

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Krankenstyle posted:

Wow :lol:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

Heh.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The Kaiser Chiefs only predicted a riot, they couldn't actually perform one themselves.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Anyone got that comic where they summon a union boss who fades away saying "no scaaaaabs"?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Push El Burrito posted:

Anyone got that comic where they summon a union boss who fades away saying "no scaaaaabs"?

Found this in an old version of the thread were someone asked for it and someone else found it in an even older version of the thread.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Sluggo is lit.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Shai-Hulud posted:

Found this in an old version of the thread were someone asked for it and someone else found it in an even older version of the thread.

Hell yeah recursive requests.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shai-Hulud posted:

I really miss Bear and Kitten

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Josef bugman posted:

but it doesn't ever feel malicious

That is a hell of a damning defense. Sure it’s awful trash but I don’t think it ever tried to deliberately talk the readership into suicide.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I really miss Bear and Kitten

It was so good I don't know why that one in particular seems to stick in people's heads I've seen it requested a bunch of times.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It was so good I don't know why that one in particular seems to stick in people's heads I've seen it requested a bunch of times.

For me it was because I needed the bottom 3 panels to respond to someone in a discord.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

mysterious frankie posted:

That is a hell of a damning defense. Sure it’s awful trash but I don’t think it ever tried to deliberately talk the readership into suicide.

I see you are new to webcomics.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

ultrafilter posted:

Sluggo is lit.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Nu Nancy sadly couldn't keep the momentum going and is mostly mediocre by now with the occasional good strip.
That being said, even the worst strips are like 5000% better than that horrible "big titty fritzi, ARE TROOPS, icecream and applepies!!!" Gilchrist abomination.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Sluggo is lit.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Shai-Hulud posted:

Nu Nancy sadly couldn't keep the momentum going and is mostly mediocre by now with the occasional good strip.
That being said, even the worst strips are like 5000% better than that horrible "big titty fritzi, ARE TROOPS, icecream and applepies!!!" Gilchrist abomination.

It's pretty good for something that gets put out three hundred and sixty-five days a year.

I think a lot of comic strip fans (there are dozens of us!) were so happy to see Guy Gilchrist get the boot that there was a bit of the old internet YAAS KWEEN overcorrection and I'd be willing to bet that Olivia Jaimes, as aptly as she handles themes like insecurity and internet popularity, might have been a little creatively paralyzed by that reaction, like, oh, poo poo, I cannot possibly keep living up to this praise.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

bony tony posted:

Sluggo is lit.

Sure was a lol random phrase

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Len posted:

Sure was a lol random phrase

Sluggo is.the name of one of the characters. The "is lit" part is a real thing and was selected to annoy whiny, mostly old people.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Beachcomber posted:

Sluggo is.the name of one of the characters. The "is lit" part is a real thing and was selected to annoy whiny, mostly old people.

Yes I'm aware of that, doesn't change the fact that it's a punchline without the setup

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Len posted:

Yes I'm aware of that, doesn't change the fact that it's a punchline without the setup

The setup was a year of boomers being mad that their comic strip changed for the better

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I get the feeling we're just seeing the start of pop culture realising the money and exposure in being devoted entirely to making boomers mad. It's not like they can be any more openly omnicidal at this point.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Pastry of the Year posted:

It's pretty good for something that gets put out three hundred and sixty-five days a year.

I think a lot of comic strip fans (there are dozens of us!) were so happy to see Guy Gilchrist get the boot that there was a bit of the old internet YAAS KWEEN overcorrection and I'd be willing to bet that Olivia Jaimes, as aptly as she handles themes like insecurity and internet popularity, might have been a little creatively paralyzed by that reaction, like, oh, poo poo, I cannot possibly keep living up to this praise.

She just drags some jokes on forever and when she does some sort of story it also really drags.
I generally agree that its one of the better current strips though.
Like i said, even on weak days shes miles better than Gilchrist. And seeing boomers lose their precious little comic strip to those drat milennials was loving great!

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018