Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

Insomnia crew checking in. I still love you guys

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

FluffieDuckie posted:

Thank God!

I'm at work. It's dead as hell. I want to go home and clean. Apartment is a wreck after the whole cold thing.

ulvir

FluffieDuckie posted:

how you get sleep soon

– sincerely, the gmt+1 crew

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

ferroque posted:

pretend i quoted all the other cute animals that were posted today

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

FluffieDuckie posted:

uh suh

alnilam

Good mango

Mode 7

Hello I don't think I've ever posted in BYOB but I'd like to start because an Island of Chill sounds really, really pleasant right now compared to all the grey forums.

I'm on night shift, kicking back, watching AGDQ and I hope you all have a lovely day.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Mode 7 posted:

Hello I don't think I've ever posted in BYOB but I'd like to start because an Island of Chill sounds really, really pleasant right now compared to all the grey forums.

I'm on night shift, kicking back, watching AGDQ and I hope you all have a lovely day.

:coffeepal:

gmornin. dope av

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Mode 7 posted:

Welcome, hello and please share with us stories of past conquests, former glory, crimes and pets!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

Good mango

It's an excellent mango

Goons Are Gifts

Welcome hello & chat!!

Goons Are Gifts

We are currently in a mode of very aggressive chilling, so better sit down and chill with us before we eat the crackers even louder

ulvir

Mode 7 posted:

welcome friend and enjoy your speedruns, i’m looking forward to ~8 days of watching ff8 on and off in between day to day stuff

ulvir

whenever there’s a dull run you can peek this 5 year old classic with some cool and good speed running jokes https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734030

alnilam

Mode 7 posted:

Welcome hello, do you have any cool crimes, hobbies, or pets

ty manifisto

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

ulvir posted:

whenever there’s a dull run you can peek this 5 year old classic with some cool and good speed running jokes https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734030

pro click

Goons Are Gifts

Hey al how have you been lately, how's the little yobber doing??

biosterous

good morning, i am going to go to work, and while at work i might post (!!!)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

ulvir

boss makes a dollar, i make a dime, that’s why i pooppost on company time

Heather Papps

hello friend

Oof

Goons Are Gifts

ulvir posted:

Goons Are Gifts

https://i.imgur.com/MPkcHB8.mp4

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

That things really cool, it looks like a prototype. Needs a sensor to stop if it touches anything while rising up (it might have it, it was moving rather slow too). The rubber band also needs some long term way to be caught when it eventually wears out and the engineer isn't checking it daily for wear and tear anymore. What I'm saying is it's a cool idea and probably could be mass marketed just needs a few tweaks.

sig by owlhawk911

idiotsavant

ulvir posted:

por que no los dos

also a tehcnical question does img vs timg matter because i enjoy revisiting the full splendor of an image in an emptyquote (after all if it deserves to be emptyquoted it deserves to be seen again) but also i don’t want to be rude

alnilam

Goons Are Great posted:

Hey al how have you been lately, how's the little yobber doing??

She turned 1 recently and started walking :kimchi:

ty manifisto

alnilam

idiotsavant posted:

por que no los dos

also a tehcnical question does img vs timg matter because i enjoy revisiting the full splendor of an image in an emptyquote (after all if it deserves to be emptyquoted it deserves to be seen again) but also i don’t want to be rude

Many consider it more polite to timg a quoted image so scrolling through doesn't become cumbersome. In byob we don't really care

Fwiw you know you can click a timg to expand right?

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

I think most folks here are very okay with regular imgs, as long as it doesn't explode the entire page. Usually I see if I post a picture without thumbnailing it, that it doesn't exceed ~900px on any side, as these sizes should work out on most regular screens without scrolling, but anything above might lead to unnecessary scrolling everywhere plus being unable to see the full picture, which defeats the purpose of posting it in full size.
That's just me, however, for phone users on the app it doesn't matter as those get resized anyways and at least for the work crew it probably is better to not have 3000x3000 close ups of puppy eyes sitting on their work computers, so I either resize those myself or just timg them to be safe.

Speaking of puppy eyes
https://i.imgur.com/HNWMaIv.mp4

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

She turned 1 recently and started walking :kimchi:

awmagod I'm probably almost as proud as you are :shobon:

City of Glompton

good morning byob i love the dogs and i also love Mode 7's av hi welcome Mode 7 i hope you enjoy the chill here

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

gmungo all, i'm making a post in byob right now and also sneezing a whole bunch cause there's pollen in the air.

Mode7, which speedruns have you liked this year? I keep popping through the previous days' recordings and watching each one for 5 minutes and then skipping to another. The only one I've watched all the way through was for Amid Evil, and it was pretty fun because the player invited the developers of the game into the chat and they joked around with him and gave out copies of the game. A highlight was one of the devs saying "It looks really cool inside the tower. We spent a lot of time on it." and then the runner saying "Yeah, it does look really cool, but I'm just gonna boost up this wall on the side and skip going inside completely."

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

pixaal

alnilam posted:

Many consider it more polite to timg a quoted image so scrolling through doesn't become cumbersome. In byob we don't really care

Fwiw you know you can click a timg to expand right?

If a thread is really image heavy like every reply is an image and replies are also a bit slow* I like timg since you really don't want to scroll past the 40 giant images you have already seen. We've had a few threads like that in the past, it's polite to go back and edit the timg in if it's leaning that way, but no one is going to ban you or even mention it if you leave them full images!

*because BYOB usually doesn't comment in a thread but in the chat thread if at all

sig by owlhawk911

City of Glompton

i remember back in the day when breaking tables was encouraged and goatse was legal :corsair:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

biosterous

i have heard (but not confirmed) that timg doesn't actually make anything load faster, just makes scrolling more comfortable. confirm/deny?

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

pixaal

biosterous posted:

i have heard (but not confirmed) that timg doesn't actually make anything load faster, just makes scrolling more comfortable. confirm/deny?

It's resized in browser, so yes. If you want to worry about bandwidth you would need to do what image shack did where it made a thumbnail copy of the image at low res that created BB code that when you clicked the image opened the full image in another window / tab.

There isn't anything that does this right now, no one cares about low bandwidth users. You'd have to do it manually which is such a giant pain (it's not difficult just time consuming to do by hand). I'd say let's write a BYOB image hosting site specifically for that but everything on it would die in a few years like every other SA image host.

sig by owlhawk911

ToxicFrog

biosterous posted:

Confirmed, timg still fetches the entire image and then the browser scales it down. This is also why when you click it it expands instantly without needing to load anything -- the browser already has the full-size image.

I habitually timg everything just so that people have an easier time scrolling past my posts if for some reason they don't want to feast their eyes on the cats

pixaal

I used to timg everything, then someone in GBS told me not to because it was a pain in the rear end to expand the images and they always get stuck at forum width if they are texas big. (click the overlayed squares, in the top left, they are the maximize, the image itself brings it to normal in-line)

Now I spend way too much time debating if it's too much a pain to view the timg or if the img takes up too much space.

sig by owlhawk911

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i never timg and no one should

ferroque

Bo-Pepper posted:

i never timg and no one should

Goons Are Gifts

I still love you bopeps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal

I dunno I think the song comic thread is a lot more readable with them as timg it took far too long to browse, especially if you were looking for a specific one. Then again my posts in that thread are like 1080x12,000

sig by owlhawk911