Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
So happy I don’t have to keep track of Internet people anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

why does anyone care about posting that much jfc

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

because SA is unironicly a large part of many posters daily lives, mine included

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GD_American posted:

So happy I don’t have to keep track of Internet people anymore

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

never stop posting

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

CSPAM is horrible. Like I appreciate that their is organizing going on and people use it for a lot of different reasons, but all the loving posts of LMAO or emptyquote are poo poo. Is there a browser add-on that makes it more intelligible or something?

I always assumed it was just Laissez’s Fair all over again and have stayed away from it. And really everything else in Debate and Discussion too.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

CSPAM has been kinda the defacto QCS since that subforum closed from fyad drama

Not sure why QCS is still closed, seems pretty straightforward to reopen and punish helldumping there.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 8, 2020

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Posting this in what I think is the most appropriate thread.

First, loving :lol: that PCOS_Bill was Aran and at least one mod knew. If you don't know, Aran was one of the first ever permas and is the founder of Something Sensitive.

If you're not up on the forums drama, last night former and now permabanned d&d mod party planes jones was found to have been a very active participant on a bunch of nazi and alt-right discords. Koalas March and Jeffrey of YOSPOS both responded that they knew and PPJ was running deep cover to keep an eye on extreme groups. He then self-permabanned.

I have no idea what is going on but I used to get probated for calling PCOS a Nazi.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Midjack posted:

I always assumed it was just Laissez’s Fair all over again and have stayed away from it. And really everything else in Debate and Discussion too.

I've always thought this too. Is this not the case?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Smiling Jack posted:

I have no idea what is going on but I used to get probated for calling PCOS a Nazi.

and that was the guy who owned something sensitive and had been banned for being a nazi during the helldump heyday. I still don't know why he was allowed to continue posting for years.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mr. Nice! posted:

and that was the guy who owned something sensitive and had been banned for being a nazi during the helldump heyday. I still don't know why he was allowed to continue posting for years.

mods knew

lot of people who are horrible are allowed to stick around, even after they get permabanned multiple times. boggles the mind

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

the gently caress is something sensitive?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Smiling Jack posted:

a place banned people go to, to complain about sa

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Smiling Jack posted:

A site dedicated to making GBS threads on SA for being too sensitive. It’s run by PCOS Bill and you can get achievement badge/icons by stuff like being a stormfront member or trolling a mod into loving up and abandoning the site and stuff.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The dumbest thing was that PCOS Bill was an unrepentant racist troll, but what finally got him perma’d was saying Kat Denning had gross boobs or something.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Some C-SPAM threads (Elon Musk, political self-ownage) are very good. Lots of them are not because they've been self-radicalizing themselves for years and have a real major blindspot for tankie and other related "anti-imperialist" talking points. I'm fully expecting them to turn on Bernie any day now.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

mlmp08 posted:

The dumbest thing was that PCOS Bill was an unrepentant racist troll, but what finally got him perma’d was saying Kat Denning had gross boobs or something.

I'll never understand how he didn't get banned from TFR for the poo poo he did.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I thought he did get banned from TFR for a while, but other posters complained to Cyrano or Lincoln's Wax and they let him back in.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

For real.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Some C-SPAM threads (Elon Musk, political self-ownage) are very good. Lots of them are not because they've been self-radicalizing themselves for years and have a real major blindspot for tankie and other related "anti-imperialist" talking points. I'm fully expecting them to turn on Bernie any day now.

It's this.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Brute Squad posted:

I thought he did get banned from TFR for a while, but other posters complained to Cyrano or Lincoln's Wax and they let him back in.

He was a 30-day probe on site for a long time but Cyrano let him back into the fold.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Calling C-SPAM an echo chamber is an understatement. It's like they're collectively constructing their own delusional worldview through aggressive repetition and cognitive failure.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Yeah. Seeing the conspiracy theories spawn and grow up in real time is bizarre and unsettling.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It great when its not actually a conspiracy at all. Just idiots trying to hide poo poo.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

He was a 30-day probe on site for a long time but Cyrano let him back into the fold.

he can be too trusting.

picking through the leper's colony, I found a PCOS re-reg that got perm'd a year and a half ago. They made the PCOS->Aran connection then.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861485&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post485502588

I'd say mods knew, but the shear amount of brainworms required to keep this all in line has to be exhausting. This site is way too big for any mod or admin to know what's going on in every corner and keep track of every poster.

McNally is a saint.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Brute Squad posted:

McNally is a saint.

You take that back!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

McNally posted:

You take that back!

Saint suck!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mr. Nice! posted:

Saints suck!

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

McNally posted:

You take that back!

how about a class act? great loving guy?

realtalk, I don't envy what you've been having to wake up to on these forums over the past month.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Man forums drama is loving weird

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Also true.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

beanieson posted:

Man forums drama is loving weird

ok ms beanie

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Smiling Jack posted:

ok ms beanie

I’m painfully out of the loop these days

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

I'll never understand how he didn't get banned from TFR for the poo poo he did.

TFR was extreme radical centrism where if you talked about anything at all political they'd just give you a sixer even if you were calling out someone for being racist

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

TFR was extreme radical centrism where if you talked about anything at all political they'd just give you a sixer even if you were calling out someone for being racist

Whoa, calm down with the political poo poo

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

mlmp08 posted:

lol it's always the uncomfortable truths

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
CSPAM is indeed radical nihilist and/or leftist but you can easily see the process for how they got there since 2016. it mostly ended up that way as a reaction to d&ds swings between conservative and liberal centrist posting that was enforced under the moderation. calling it an echo chamber isnt quite accurate

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

beanieson posted:

I’m painfully out of the loop these days

same

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

M_Gargantua posted:

CSPAM is indeed radical nihilist and/or leftist but you can easily see the process for how they got there since 2016. it mostly ended up that way as a reaction to d&ds swings between conservative and liberal centrist posting that was enforced under the moderation. calling it an echo chamber isnt quite accurate

CSPAM is radical nihilist because in 2016 Trump sleazed his way into power and made the world into a much, much more lovely, evil place. No one who really cares about that and/or is getting directly hurt has any meaningful power to fight back. Here, at least, you can talk about it, yell about it, and be around people like you. But that's all second best to fighting for and getting something. CSPAM is angry and wants to fight. That's all. And the reason isn't here. It's out there, in real life.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I enjoy many threads in Cspam, but left wing places in general can get slogany and group thinky, cspam most definitely included. I used to find that intolerable rather than just annoying but then the past several years happened and I realized the left had been right about almost everything while I was being a dumb smug lib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
C-SPAM's idea that D&D swings conservative is loving hilarious.