Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WatermelonGun posted:

why do people use the same internet name everywhere? is it some hosed up form of branding? like my name on grindr is definitely not watermelongun

My username on various other platforms is actually Vincent K. McMahon. Because that is my real name.

Spikegal posted:

What's your most shameful gaming secret?

I don't give a poo poo about beating bosses pure on Souls games. I'll fight them with as many other players as the game lets me.

Also, I don't care about beating a game pure either. I'll cheat my rear end off as long as it doesn't bother other players.

I was once featured in an article on Kotaku about EVE Online. That's about the height of my prestige as a human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Edit - Nevermind, not gonna bring this up in this chill thread.

Edit 2 - You guys should go check out the sumo thread. The January tournament starts this weekend (1/12/2020). It's kinda neat.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 8, 2020

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
If I’m playing an RPG with a console (as in, ~), you better loving believe I’ve got max stats and all the perks I want pretty much right away.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm a boomer who uses his real name as his internet name everywhere but here

I must reiterate that this, the pro wrestling subforum, is the only pure subforum here. An oasis in the desert.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My irl name is Strenuous Manflurry, btw

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NienNunb posted:

I'm a boomer who uses his real name as his internet name everywhere but here

I must reiterate that this, the pro wrestling subforum, is the only pure subforum here. An oasis in the desert.

This is actually the combat sports subforum that tolerates the pro wrestling threads.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WatermelonGun posted:

why do people use the same internet name everywhere? is it some hosed up form of branding? like my name on grindr is definitely not watermelongun
my twitter name is a different but equally dorky computer pun

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Today I found out that I have borderline high cholesterol and I’m now horribly freaked out.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Spikegal posted:

I don't give a poo poo about beating bosses pure on Souls games. I'll fight them with as many other players as the game lets me.

Also, I don't care about beating a game pure either. I'll cheat my rear end off as long as it doesn't bother other players.

I really don't care about Final Fantasy.

I use walkthroughs all the time, I do not care one bit about going in blind.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I own a copy of Akiba's Trip.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChrisBTY posted:

I own a copy of Akiba's Trip.

if that's the one where you have to knock the clothes off the vampires, I also own a copy.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Beta Bard I think it was you who recommended to me like two months ago that I read Exhalation by Ted Chiang, well the library just got it in for me and I'm gonna dig into it today

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Today I found out that I have borderline high cholesterol and I’m now horribly freaked out.

Errr, this is awkward, but are you my girlfriend? Because that is exactly the situation today with my girlfriend.

I guess I'm going to start eating healthy :negative:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
legend of the river king is one of the best games of all time, but still pales compared to actual fishing, the best game

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

dromal phrenia posted:

Errr, this is awkward, but are you my girlfriend? Because that is exactly the situation today with my girlfriend.

I guess I'm going to start eating healthy :negative:

No way lol. I am independent

Yeah I really need to start cutting out carbs ABD STICK WITH IT :negative: I just can’t quite tell if it’s the carbs that’s giving me high cholesterol, or if it’s dietary fat. I need to know the answer or I’m gonna freak the gently caress out!!!!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there are some dark souls bosses that i thought were harder with extra people. because of the health boost they get. but if you hang back and try to let your guests do the work until someone does manage to mostly solo it for you then this doesn't apply. I like to summon friends because they want to be summoned. that's why they put their sign down there on the ground like that. especially "Sun Brothers" or anyone who receives a reward for helping. i want to play elden ring very badly and if it's not enough like dark souls i'm going to be upset. I want to play more dark souls areas, enemies, and bosses. Argh!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've tried Souls and Souls-like games so many times and very few of them are satisfying to me. Its mostly because I struggle to get to that level where I can really start clowning on non-boss monsters.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

legend of the river king is one of the best games of all time, but still pales compared to actual fishing, the best game

Me and my dad go fishing at the lake after dinner most spring/summer nights, it's the sport of kings

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’ve topped 10,000 hours in soccer management aims

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Me and my dad go fishing at the lake after dinner most spring/summer nights, it's the sport of kings

hell yeah i pissed my dad off last summer by getting really high and drunk at the river and catching more fish than him (one)

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Oh poo poo we just witnessed a goon breaking up with another goon via thread post! :sever:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:laffo:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah I really need to start cutting out carbs ABD STICK WITH IT :negative: I just can’t quite tell if it’s the carbs that’s giving me high cholesterol, or if it’s dietary fat. I need to know the answer or I’m gonna freak the gently caress out!!!!!

The answer is eat what you want and die young if that’s the way the cards are dealt. Life’s short, treat yo’self :btroll:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I left one of my wives via mail from the courts, that went well(no it didn't).

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jiro posted:

Oh poo poo we just witnessed a goon breaking up with another goon via thread post! :sever:

i live for the drama, am nourished by it

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Ragnarok the Red posted:

The answer is eat what you want and die young if that’s the way the cards are dealt. Life’s short, treat yo’self :btroll:

this is actually not the answer

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i very rarely trek outside of this particular subforum but holy cow how long has the rest of SA been on fire for

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i very rarely trek outside of this particular subforum but holy cow how long has the rest of SA been on fire for
Over a month at this point

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I hadn’t been in FYAD in years and Lowtax’s announcement made me do a :stare: in shock while simultaneously going “...yeah, I could see FYAD spiraling down that particular unfortunate rabbit hole.”

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

STONE COLD 64 posted:

its like that town that has had an underground fire raging for years but it has only recently been noticed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

my favorite part of forums drama are the blank uncomprehending stares of people when I try to explain it to them. At least this time I can say there was a secret cabal of nazis.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Spikegal posted:

I'm really quite bad at games and play everything on easy because I'm there for the experience rather than the challenge.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

hell yeah i pissed my dad off last summer by getting really high and drunk at the river and catching more fish than him (one)

Fishing With Dads Is The Same

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Spikegal posted:

i cheat in Crusader Kings 2 and Stellaris by giving myself either endless soldiers or invincible ships. i love everything about those games except for the military combat poo poo. and i can't just hire a general to manage wars for me in the games, so i make it easy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I, for one, am very shocked that the Nazi containment forum turned out to be full of Nazis!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
my shameful gamer secret or w/e is i dropped over $100 on a copy of MvC2 for the PS2 on ebay because I just wanted a copy so bad but couldn't find one at any local store even preowned.

Then they announced they were coming out on XBLA and PSN the week after I bought it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lamuella posted:

I'm really quite bad at games and play everything on easy because I'm there for the experience rather than the challenge.
this is definitely me now i have a adult life and other interests and such

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Spikegal posted:

Sometimes when I can't beat a final boss I'll just Youtube the ending and pretend that I beat it.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
If you’re struggling with cholesterol and weight I heartily recommend The Obesity Code by Fung. I’ve lost fifteen pounds since September and kept it off.

It’s about insulin. Insulin makes you gain weight! Science y’all. So it talks about what raises insulin levels, insulin resistance (which directly contributes to the ability of our bodies to “set” a body weight, like you would set a thermometer), and how to lower insulin levels and insulin resistance.

It recommends fasting regularly, cutting out all added sugars, moderating protein intake, and eating diets high in healthy fats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

cheating in games is loving cool.