Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for joking about there being milk in my girlfriend’s new fake boobs?

quote:

I told her that of course I like them. I have always tried not to show that I was slightly repulsed by them, but I guess she isn’t dumb and can pick up on the signals no matter how hard I tried to hide them.
Wow, woman respecter has logged the gently caress on

lady, fill your new boobs full of poison and put it in his cereal or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Puppy Time posted:

Same weirdo.

Sorry for posting something that wasn't new to the thread. I didn't recall that one being posted already.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pinecone Sample posted:

lol what in tarnation

Getting death glares while making jokes about boobs that I alternately describe as "so ridiculous", "slightly repulsive", and "starting to develop an affection for" while eating my cereal.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DACK FAYDEN posted:

lady, fill your new boobs full of poison and put it in his cereal or whatever

She's not a loving X-COM snake, there's no venom in her boobs you weirdo!

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

I wish there was ages on this one.

In my head, the writer is a stereotypical middle aged dude who just has to make the same joke again and again because he legitimately can’t understand why nobody laughed the first time...while his much younger girlfriend is wondering how the hell he keeps making the same dumb joke.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MagusofStars posted:

I wish there was ages on this one.

In my head, the writer is a stereotypical middle aged dude who just has to make the same joke again and again because he legitimately can’t understand why nobody laughed the first time...while his much younger girlfriend is wondering how the hell he keeps making the same dumb joke.

Maybe they're both Boomers in their mid-70's

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's also hard to judge because "looks ridiculous" can mean so many different things. It could be he just thinks they're too big when they aren't really unusual. Or that they are really big and she's pretty petite otherwise, which yes can look ridiculous. Or maybe it has nothing to do with size, and the actual job wasn't done well which is an entire minefield of it's own. Or they look totally normal, no one not in the know would suspect, and he's a doofus.

Lots of ways this can go, but he didn't elaborate at all. Just "they look ridiculous".

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

The Bramble posted:

It's sexist. She would presumably hire a man with the same qualifications. She is rejecting these candidates on the basis of their sex.

Isn't more on the basis of their attractiveness though? She's not eliminating all women.

I realize that's kind of splitting hairs, but that's what I meant when I said maybe not sexist in the strictest definition.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

M_Sinistrari posted:

My (19F) Dad (40s M) has an obsession with buying exotic or illegal animal meat and is why my family fell apart.

Speculation in the comments is there might be some human flesh consumed at some point.

A repost but a good one. I already commented before but forbidden meat dad is 1000% eating human meat in southeast Asia

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Ouhei posted:

Isn't more on the basis of their attractiveness though? She's not eliminating all women.

I realize that's kind of splitting hairs, but that's what I meant when I said maybe not sexist in the strictest definition.

Honestly the funniest part of the whole thing is her utter lack of self-awareness. She's primarily concerned with whether she feels like the potential nanny is younger and prettier than her. It'd be one thing if she mentioned her husband showing an interest in "woman with different body types than mine" or "women younger than me" but she's just projecting her own insecurities. This can go to ridiculous lengths, because if he's gonna cheat on her with a nanny, you can come up with any scenario with any nanny where he's gonna cheat. Cougar nanny? Gay dude nanny that make husband realize he's bi? Who knows!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

M_Sinistrari posted:

Sorry for posting something that wasn't new to the thread. I didn't recall that one being posted already.

It was a while back and definitely worth a repost in case someone missed it the first time. I don't think anyone cares that much about repeats unless they're within the last couple of pages.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Power Khan posted:

Is it normal for 2 year cohabit girlfriend to not wait for you while out with friends?

Read the comments on this one, apparently it was just mainly for OP to vent to himself, because she's actually even worse, like a real total rear end in a top hat.

It pretty much only took one or two comments before he was sure he should dump her

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting my fiancée to strip at my bachelor party?

Clearly the compromise here is to do it, but only if he strips at her bachelorette party. If she’s adamant about it, might as well get some non-cheating handies out of it!

Seriously though, what’s so hard to accept about ‘I wasn’t going to have a stripper at my bachelor party’? Unless the fiancée just really wants to strip for all of his friends, but that’s an entirely different :can:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ayndin posted:

Clearly the compromise here is to do it, but only if he strips at her bachelorette party. If she’s adamant about it, might as well get some non-cheating handies out of it!

Seriously though, what’s so hard to accept about ‘I wasn’t going to have a stripper at my bachelor party’? Unless the fiancée just really wants to strip for all of his friends, but that’s an entirely different :can:

It's apparently the latter.

Edit: derail line about how he doesn't own her body, and it's a huge red flag indicating future abuse.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Puppy Time posted:

It was a while back and definitely worth a repost in case someone missed it the first time. I don't think anyone cares that much about repeats unless they're within the last couple of pages.

And this thread moves faster than most.

When I read the post, I was first thinking 'how bad can it be' since my family does hunt so meat that's not the usual trifecta of beef/pork/chicken isn't strange to me. But when she started to mention primates and all, that was horrifying and then the capper he likely ate her cat was it for me.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for turning off the wifi when my husband camps in the bathroom for extended lengths of time.

My husband and I are the parents of twins who are less than a year old. Anytime my husband SHOULD be doing something with the children ( it's his turn for a diaper, a bottle, even just soothing a fussy newborn) he ALWAYS goes to the bathroom first. We are both on maternity / paternity leave currently.

My husband is on medication that makes him spend a lot of time in the bathroom about an hour after a meal. It's a medication he has been on and off several times over the past year. He is never on it for more than a few weeks, and it does not effect him all the time, but he always claims that is why he is in the bathroom. ( I did ask, the doctor didnt say it was impossible, but highly unlikely. Doc wanted him to come in for a checkup if this was the case and husband said oh it's not THAT bad and refuses to go in )

I would rather let him use the restroom first than have to put down a baby mid task, but over the past couple months he has been spending more and more time in there. He always takes his phone. He is always watching youtube. His average session is 25 minutes in there, often longer, rarely shorter.

It's the most frustrating when it comes time to feed them ( one of the twins needs to be held specifically for health reasons, so I can not double feed ) because we will get up, I will warm up bottles, change one baby bum, get the first one fed, burped, and laid down in their crib, get the other baby changed and be setteling down to feed baby number two before he can be bothered to emerge and figure out why one child has been screaming because they had to watch their sibling eat l, and then the other when cry when they dont get to cuddle at all because I have to immediately set them down to feed the hysterically sobbing child.

Yesterday was a week and a half sence I started truly keeping track, and he, only twice in 10 days, not ditched me to go camp out in the bathroom and let me finish %80 of the childcare.

Today I started a new rule. If he is in the bathroom for more than 10 minutes, I flip the wifi off. He has not spend more than 15 minutes in the bathroom at a stretch today, but is extremely upset. I feel like the fact that without the wifi his uncontrollable toilet issue cleared up rather quickly proves why it needs to be done, but he feels I am being unreasonable, and I need to make sure sleep deprivation isnt makeing me an rear end in a top hat.

TLDR: AITA for turning off the wifi when my husband is in the bathroom for extended periods of time, avoiding domestic and fatherly duties.

Edit: to answer questions that people have been asking.

Yes, I have talked to him about this. 10 days ago we had a conversation about the situation, and he denied how long hes been spending in the bathroom. This conversation is also the one where I proposed he see a doctor.

Yes he has down time. He spends a good deal of time working on his car and plahs diablo about 8 hours straight every day. He spends most of his time on the other side of the house on his PC in his office.

pinned moderator comment:

Be Civil. For the love of all things holy, stop using sexist terms like "man baby."

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
hiding from your kids in the bathroom is a noble parenting tradition

but taking your phone into the bathroom is disgusting because nobody ever washes their phones and if he's clearly doing it to slack off then mac ban his rear end

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

kru posted:

Buttplug blasts out like a crude RPG

Fittingly, as the corpse is earthbound.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Ouhei posted:

It's sexist to assume that the presence of an attractive female will cause the husband to cheat. Either you have a reason to think that and need to talk about it with your husband who is responsible for his own actions, or you need to trust him and not take it out on the women

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Be Civil. For the love of all things holy, stop using sexist terms like "man baby."

lol

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Earthbound is extremely refined, not crude.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for asking my friends daughters boyfriend to photograph me naked???

quote:

I’m a 43 year old woman and my coworker happens to be my friend. Her daughter, who is 21, happened to stop by my work with her boyfriend who is also 21. Turns out he’s a photographer and quite a talented one.

I’ve always wanted to do nude photography so I just decided to straight up ask him if he’d shoot me naked in my basement. Everyone kinda looked at me weird and his girlfriend started laughing. Then her mom (my coworker) told me it was inappropriate for me to ask that since I’m her moms friend and also he does landscape photography and it’s a little rude and overbearing to ask. I turned red and his girlfriend then said “Don’t worry, no ones holding it against you for asking but yeah it’s a little awkward” and her boyfriend was saying “yeah like we don’t even know you but you’re my girlfriends moms friend.”

Our boss overheard and was cringing in the back. Later on, my boss pulled me aside and said it was inappropriate for me to ask that kind of a question especially at work. I’m taking it very personally.

AITA???

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

luxury handset posted:

hiding from your kids in the bathroom is a noble parenting tradition

but taking your phone into the bathroom is disgusting because nobody ever washes their phones and if he's clearly doing it to slack off then mac ban his rear end

Phones are FOR pooping, my dude. That is the intended use case.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Phones are FOR pooping, my dude. That is the intended use case.
Power users can post between unzipping and shaking.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Pinecone Sample posted:

I mean, kudos for just going for it, lady, but yeah you could’ve maybe picked a slightly better spot

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for turning off the wifi when my husband camps in the bathroom for extended lengths of time.
Yes he has down time. He spends a good deal of time working on his car and plahs diablo about 8 hours straight every day. He spends most of his time on the other side of the house on his PC in his office.
One hell of a buried lede there. I assume this manbaby is doing no parenting outside of his bathroom breaks if he has time to play for that long. That or he doesn't have a normal job. Can't imagine being able to game for 8 hours and pull your weight on child rearing for a single baby, let alone twins.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Lol at asking some random kid that takes landscape pictures to photograph you nude. I don't even get how you can be that clueless.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting my fiancée to strip at my bachelor party?
I love everything about this one. Makes me wonder what else sex wise (cause this lady sure seems to have an exhibitionist thing) they have missed. Plus her pushing the idea really takes the usual male bullshit out of the equation into something unique.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Pinecone Sample posted:

Ever since Sears shut down old people don't know where to go to for portraits so it sounds like an honest mistake.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

It's been awhile since there's a story I want an update to but I desperately want to know what happens with Cannibal Dad.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

It's also hard to judge because "looks ridiculous" can mean so many different things. It could be he just thinks they're too big when they aren't really unusual. Or that they are really big and she's pretty petite otherwise, which yes can look ridiculous. Or maybe it has nothing to do with size, and the actual job wasn't done well which is an entire minefield of it's own. Or they look totally normal, no one not in the know would suspect, and he's a doofus.

Lots of ways this can go, but he didn't elaborate at all. Just "they look ridiculous".

I don't think that really matters. If she's happy with her boobs, great. Either he can accept her or he can't, but if he can't, he needs to be grown up about it and end things rather than making snide comments and hoping... what? She'll get the implants taken out? Her boobs will magically change into something he doesn't deem "ridiculous"?

Pinecone Sample posted:

Later on, my boss pulled me aside and said it was inappropriate for me to ask that kind of a question especially at work. I’m taking it very personally.
What does that even mean? Of course it's personal, no one else in the office randomly started soliciting strangers to photograph them naked. Was the boss supposed to put out an email to everyone asking them not to hit up random people passing the office to take nudes? Because I think everyone else had already figured that one out.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
There is a certain sort of person who is reticent to go out and seek services for something from a professional but, as soon as hearing someone within their sphere know/does X, seems to have no problems asking for it as a 'favor', usually for a reduced price or even for free. it's almost like a compulsion, she couldn't stop herself from turning 'this man is a photographer' into 'SO I SHOULD ASK HIM FOR MY SECRET PHOTOGRAPHY DESIRE'

guarantee you she would have asked for a discount based on her 'friendship' with the mom

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

duck trucker posted:

It's been awhile since there's a story I want an update to but I desperately want to know what happens with Cannibal Dad.
Died of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

edit: also the fact that the dude doesn't even do boudoir photography makes this much funnier, "oh you have a camera? let's get naked"

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Garlic??

I'm (24F) not sure my sexually experienced boyfriend (27M) is fit for me because I had only dated narcissists so far and I'm clueless about "normalcy" and setting expectations

quote:

I was abused for years since childhood which influenced me to date 2 charming narcissists in my life which nearly put me in a casket back then. When this time in my life ended, I progressed into going to therapy for two and a half years and now I'm in the best mental state I've ever been in my life, halfway through my prestigious degree which I had never thought I could get accepted for.

To this day though, I'm still suffering from the extreme fear of meeting another narcissist or going through an abusive situation again.

This man I've known since my teenager years—from my time in school—came back into my life as a grown-up, charming, incredibly handsome, funny man that I did not recognize as the emo boy I used to hate back then. After a few dates, I fell in love with him quite deeply, although I did not expect it... Right now, we've been dating for 5 months.

I (will and) want to work in a high earning job. He doesn't.

I want to live in the big city, he wants to be somewhere in a smaller town we had both grew up in.

He's a very sexual person, I'm not so much.

In the back of my mind, I tell myself that after all these years of dealing with narcissists, I'm supposed to know a thing or two about red flags. I noticed my boyfriend has some good and some bad points;

He's very insecure and jealous of other people talking with me, but he's not trying to shun them off or isolate me like my exes.

He's controlling, but in a good way, maybe? He's extremely taking care of me and even helps me around the house claiming he has to set everything under his control, including putting my clothes in order in my closet, putting effort into tidying around my apartment when I'm having a minor depressive episode, which I appreciate to no end.

He can't take critics and has low self esteem. Sometimes he claims "I DON'T CARE" out loud when I try to give him my personal opinion about things, yet he claims "YES, IT'S YOUR OPINION, BUT IT'S UNSOLICITED, SO I DON'T CARE". I wonder sometimes if I'm being too harsh with my critics...

Alcohol-dependant. He has to drink every single evening a whole bottle of red wine, claiming it helps him calm down and sleep better. He is a smoker too, but he's trying to quit for me. I don't drink nor smoke.

He had never gone to college and is going to be working (in my opinion) in a dead-end job as a medical secretary. This one is important to mention because my field is going to be in IT. I'll be earning more than him. I felt like he had tried to sabotage my plans moving to another city to work, saying that if we are going to take it even more serious (to a point of thinking about marriage), there is no chance we'll be living together as a couple at the main city where the IT industry and potential companies I will be working for is mostly at. Basically, he's saying I'm not going to live close to my working place because he doesn't like "big, crowded, noisy cities".

He's very experienced at sex, and I'm not a very sexual person. He likes sex A LOT, to a point where I end up very sore afterward because it takes us hours. Also, if anyone can answer me frankly—does raw sex really smell like garlic? I hadn't experienced it with my past partners, and he claims "raw sex had always been smelling like garlic for him when he had done it raw, as the juices of both partners mix"—though I do NOT smell like that when I'm alone! I feel actually super icky to a point of wanting to throw up after having intercourse with him.

Our intimacy levels are very high, but we don't really share common interests. He was working to earn his bread since he was 16 and claims he hadn't had time for things like video games or watching movies. I admit that I'm much more privileged than him in terms of money and support by my family, which sometimes makes me feel guilty when I speak with him. Most of our time being intimate together is 99% having sex or going out to restaurants (which I admit puts a hole in my wallet... I'm not rich...!) And I wished it could've been more like just chilling together and doing something less physical.

I had forced him to have an HIV test which came up luckily negative. He had sex with a lot of men in hookup apps at the worst time of his life when he also contemplated suicide and had also lived as a homeless.

He takes up a lot of my mental strength. I really want to focus on school, and it ends up almost every single day that we talk FOR HOURS, AND HOURS AND HOURS. I feel like I'm getting addicted to him and it causes me to slow me down and affect my life in college.

He claims he wants to marry me. We've been dating almost 5 months now, but we had known each other since we were 15, so it feels less "overwhelming" for me...

One time, he had an argument with me in the beginning of our relationship about me saying "I'd have loved to date someone working in IT too..." He was VERY angry at me saying this, calling me a superficial person.

I don't know if I should stay. I don't know if what he's telling me is normal. I'm too familiar with abusers and narcissists only and I really feel like I'm giving too much of myself to a relationship that I'm not sure whether is normal or good for me.

The worst part is that I have this WEIRD fear of settling down with someone who is out of my league... I'm so confused and I fear I'm too judgemental and cautious, and in the same time, I'm afraid that if I let go I'll regret, because I love him so much.

I just wish myself the best and I don't know if he is the man with whom I truly wish to be with— and fortunately—get married to.

TL;DR: A man I'm dating is far too sexually experienced than I am while my only experience is with narcissists and I'm afraid he's out of my league because of our life decisions and goals.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tempura Wizard posted:

I assume this manbaby is doing no parenting outside of his bathroom breaks if he has time to play for that long. That or he doesn't have a normal job.

It says in the very first paragraph of the OP that they are both on maternity/paternity leave.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
We hired a nanny recently and a not insignificant number of my male friends asked if the nanny was hot as the very first question in follow-up to the wonderful news we found someone trustworthy who my kids like.

This person will help manage the unsustainable amount of domestic labor we were both doing in rearing two boisterous little kids and we're optimistic she will help us be better partners for one another and more present parents.

Not "who is she?" not "where did you find her?" not "what's it costing you?" not "has it helped?"

No, instead everybody wants to know if the nanny's a smokeshow.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

I'm (24F) not sure my sexually experienced boyfriend (27M) is fit for me because I had only dated narcissists so far and I'm clueless about "normalcy" and setting expectations

What in hell

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Tempura Wizard posted:

One hell of a buried lede there. I assume this manbaby is doing no parenting outside of his bathroom breaks if he has time to play for that long. That or he doesn't have a normal job. Can't imagine being able to game for 8 hours and pull your weight on child rearing for a single baby, let alone twins.

I can't imagine gaming for 8 hours straight when you have infants at home.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ugato posted:

I too want to be the stereotypical sitcom couple that hates each other yet inexplicably stays together

That's the really hot and in style of BDSM these days. Master/slave stuff is so passé.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I [24F] am tired of getting spammed with cat pictures by a friend [26M]. What can I do?

quote:

I have a friend group including someone who lives in a different country with an 8 hour time difference. He works evenings so he can game with us regularly and take part in group chats and texts.

He won’t stop sending pictures of his cat. Look, I get it. Cats are cute and the internet loves them; getting annoyed at cat pictures in texts is petty and stupid and I’d be better off ignoring them. And I have been, for over a year. It won't let up. These texts are in the morning; 6am, when I am still sleeping, and through-out the day when I’m at work. They are between 3-5 every day, never less, and sometimes significantly more. I don’t keep my phone on silent because I have parents in a different country then where I currently live, in poor health, and I need to be available for phone calls regarding this. There is a 6 hour time difference between me and them, so it is important I don’t keep my phone on silent even when I am sleeping. During work hours I might be called for work reasons so I don't mute my phone in the office either (none of my colleagues do).

It’s driving me up the wall insane. I currently have the chat muted, but this does mean I often miss information or see questions too late. I feel it’s impacting my relationship with my other friends, because I am avoiding these cat pictures. What can I do?

Tl;dr I am sick of a friend sending at least 3 cat pictures a day. What can I do, or how can I approach my friend about him driving me insane with his stupid cat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Well clearly talking to him about it is out...hmm...acid to the face?