Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

i had more trouble with the lynels leading up to calamity ganon than ganon himself. i also suck at botw so theres that. also guardians are really annoying even if you're reasonably good at parrying them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I didn't even fight the lynels in the castle, I used tactical espionage action to get to Big Boss

Those three hours ruined the rest of the game for me. They're so good and going from that to blitzing three bosses straight then Ganon then Ganon again and learning in realtime how to perfect parry the laser ruled.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The camel boss was by far the hardest and dumbest part of the game for me. Everything else was incredible and fun.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Guys, Zelda came out 33 years ago

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Good for her

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Jesus I'm so mad right now.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

So is that why link and zelda don’t bang at the end huh

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rated PG-34 posted:

So is that why link and zelda don’t bang at the end huh

So Link is her best friend, and Ganon is the guy that can't take a hint and thinks he's going to "turn her straight"?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

pixaal posted:

So Link is her best friend, and Ganon is the guy that can't take a hint and thinks he's going to "turn her straight"?

Wait, so practically every Zelda game is Chasing Amy?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yes but with somehow a worse understanding of sexuality.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've always struggled with BotW controls, only just realised there's an option to switch cancel and jump in the main menu and it feels much more intuitive

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I've always struggled with BotW controls, only just realised there's an option to switch cancel and jump in the main menu and it feels much more intuitive

Yeah i was switching back and forth between that and splatoon a lot when i played through and oh boy the jump button

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

It’s the first thing I did when starting the game. Feels much better.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

the cartoon is Who's The Boss

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Bulgakov posted:

haha I forgot stuff like that ever existed

its so much funnier when ur villagers are willing to just arbitrarily flame u...i understand why they changed it (like the resetti thing) but it would be so nice if there was some way 2 get it back thru age-gating or whateve

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
really generic question but are there any good classic dungeon crawling-type JRPG recommendations on the Switch

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can you cite an example?

There are a bunch of JRPGs and maybe even more dungeon crawlers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I mean like the first person, grid map "blob" party based ones, as close to the Wizardry games as possible basically lol

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Feels Villeneuve posted:

really generic question but are there any good classic dungeon crawling-type JRPG recommendations on the Switch

Labarynth of refrain and I think Mary Skelter 2 are the only ones right now. And I'm with you. Really what we should get are Vitas for this.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

My thanks to that one guy who has constantly posted about how awesome BroForce is.

I finally started it with a buddy and I was losing my mind throughout the first level about how amazing it was. The perfect Bro-Op game.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What the hell man? Thunderblight Ganon took me literal hours to beat but I just beat Windblight Ganon on my first try hahaha

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

What the hell man? Thunderblight Ganon took me literal hours to beat but I just beat Windblight Ganon on my first try hahaha

BOTWs difficulty curve is backwards, it only gets easier as you progress. It took me ages to beat the first boss I went for, but then I steamrolled the other three and ganon on the first attempt :shrug:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I decided to get back into Bloodstained since they patched it, and I was enjoying my hour or so with it, until it just crashed and lost a bit of progress.

Aaaand now it won't boot up at all. gently caress this poo poo! I really wanted to play this game on the Switch too!

BisterdDave fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 9, 2020

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

My thanks to that one guy who has constantly posted about how awesome BroForce is.

I finally started it with a buddy and I was losing my mind throughout the first level about how amazing it was. The perfect Bro-Op game.

That annoying goon is me and I’m glad you’ve seen the light on how good Broforce is in co-op. It’s seriously my favorite co-op game of all time.

There is another level pack coming soon as well. The devs have posted videos on twitter and whatnot.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
How is the Cities Skylines port for the Switch? I seem to recall people saying it would chug a little and had general performance issues, but something at the back of my head is saying the devs claimed they would keep working on it? Did that ever happen?

I kind of want some proper lying in bed chilling stuff and Cities seems perfect. Or maybe Everything. You can basically make that play itself...

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That annoying goon is me and I’m glad you’ve seen the light on how good Broforce is in co-op. It’s seriously my favorite co-op game of all time.

There is another level pack coming soon as well. The devs have posted videos on twitter and whatnot.

Sweet Jesus this the kind of news I come in here to read about. I would have never known. Hype level: Nin10BRO.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Is there a consensus best Ethernet adapter or can I buy a knockoff from amazon?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Biodome posted:

Is there a consensus best Ethernet adapter or can I buy a knockoff from amazon?

Any of these: https://reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5xnzxr/psa_gigabit_3rd_party_lan_adapters/

They are all based on the same generic chipset as the official adapter and work identically.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
I'm glad broforce goon got his moment in the sun

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It was all worth it

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The last time I played Broforce was about 3-4 years ago. Any major changes since then?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

edith finch was a really nice experience imo

especially for one buck! god bless u, target :patriot:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So I turned on my Switch for the first time today for some FFX right before I go to sleep and got a notification that an update for Super Smash Bros Ultimate downloaded. The night before the Pokemon Direct. :thunk:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Detective No. 27 posted:

So I turned on my Switch for the first time today for some FFX right before I go to sleep and got a notification that an update for Super Smash Bros Ultimate downloaded. The night before the Pokemon Direct. :thunk:

It was just for support for some new amiibo.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ah. I guess someone would have datamined it and got the cat out of the bag by now if it was something more.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I'm enjoying Starlink a lot, but I'm a sucker for Ubisoft open-world tower-climbing incremental upgrade collectathons, and this is one of those with the added novelty of being IN SPACE oh and hey it's Starfox! I just wish the game did a better job at the outset of explaining things to you, feels like in-game mission tutorial stuff just barely gives you the basics and the rest is buried in database menu entries.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got the Master Sword :whatup:

Now I just need to somehow get more rupees so I can buy more flame elixirs so I don't burn to death in the volcano area.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Rageaholic posted:

Now I just need to somehow get more rupees so I can buy more flame elixirs so I don't burn to death in the volcano area.

Follow the volcano road, you won’t regret it

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Rageaholic posted:

As with everything in BotW there's a few ways around that problem, and yours is the most expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The last time I played Broforce was about 3-4 years ago. Any major changes since then?

Yes they completely changed the engine (went from unity to unreal I believe) so that they can expand it more and build more things into it. This resulted in performance increases across the board.

Since 3 or 4 years ago there are a bunch of new characters they have added, and depending on how far back you go, there is an entire new campaign taking place in hell that you may have missed

New levels and bro’s coming soon

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 9, 2020