Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thought about this the other day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I loved sgt Bilko

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Remember when Sean Spicer tweeted out his password twice

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

what the gently caress

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

System Metternich posted:

what the gently caress
I spent a half hour looking for the photo of Bush receiving this note while at a NATO conference in Istanbul, because I remember the contrived PR moment so distinctly. But alas, nothing from Google.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

I wonder how long that McDonald's sat there before the athletes arrived. That stuff has a shelf life of about 10 minutes before its taste and texture just completely transforms into something like cardboard.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Did Bush misremember "let freedom ring?"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

former glory posted:

I wonder how long that McDonald's sat there before the athletes arrived. That stuff has a shelf life of about 10 minutes before its taste and texture just completely transforms into something like cardboard.

Wasn't this because of a strike by White House staff or something

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I think it was govt shutdown due to budget

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Originally it was because of the shutdown.

But then Trump got mocked for it so he doubled down and served fast food to another sports' team anyway even after the shutdown ended and he had full staff again.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

In the early days of the 2003 Invasion in Iraq, when pro-war propaganda was out of control in America and tv pundits were waxing poetic over footage of missiles, Pvt. Jessica Lynch was captured in an Iraqi ambush but not before she reportedly went down shooting in a blaze of glory like some kinda ultra idealistic patriot from an action movie--- except even then it seemed to contrived to be true and oh hey turns out that it was

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

I think about this a lot

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

System Metternich posted:

what the gently caress

I'll say. I can't believe she did the Hydra salute while saying let freedom reign

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

I never noticed the other guy before. I wonder what's going on in his head.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

That's so loving stupid. Saudi Arabia is committing genocide in yemen wtf

And Iran was fighting the Taliban and Al Qeada in Afghanistan in 2001 WTF

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Chris Kyle got shot to death at a shooting range

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Trump is president of the USA

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Inceltown posted:

Trump is president of the USA

its not funny anymore

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Christine O’Donnell having to deny that she was a witch in college

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
before people outside of wisconsin knew sheriff david clarke was a nutjob he used milwaukee county sheriff's dept funds to take out radio ads encouraging people to buy guns and shoot whoever bothers you because the cops would likely never show up and everyone just accepted this as a normal thing for someone to say and do. and then like two years later he killed a baby. Oops!

mystic pimp has issued a correction as of 06:46 on Jan 9, 2020

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

Later, Jesse Ventura took some of the money from his fradulent autobiography from his wife in a defamation settlement.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Tricky D posted:

I never noticed the other guy before. I wonder what's going on in his head.

I wanted to understand more about the Dukakis tank thing and ended up finding this great write-up about it:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2013/11/dukakis-and-the-tank-099119

The caution usually came when some type of costume was involved, and the tank ride is still to this day invoked anytime politicians decline to put hats on their heads—as President Obama did earlier this year when he was handed a Navy football helmet but refused to try it on. (“You don’t put stuff on your head if you’re president,” he said. “That’s politics 101.”)

Really entertaining read.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

is jesse ventura cool now or is he a turbochud? i feel like he can't be in the middle

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

is jesse ventura cool now or is he a turbochud? i feel like he can't be in the middle

none of those types became good

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

GalacticAcid posted:

Chris Kyle claimed that he set up a sniper nest in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina and shot countless survivors, cementing his heroism.

Oh apparently he's quoted in the new CoD game.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
when adam friedland from cum town owned chelsea clinton on twitter

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That whole campaign in 2016 for Stein voters in swing states to "trade" their vote with Hillary voters they never met in non-swing states, probably the dumbest version of tactical voting.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bobby Digital posted:

Christine O’Donnell having to deny that she was a witch in college

rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxJyPsmEask

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
saddam having a supergun, also wmd's

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Meghan McCain calling a jewish cartoonist an antisemite, for saying she is not jewish

(she isnt jewish)

AgentF
May 11, 2009

I don't know maybe I'm just dumb but I never understood why this photo looks so bad, except for the name tag on the helmet. I feel GW Bush could have gotten away with an identical photo shoot no problems.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

AgentF posted:

I don't know maybe I'm just dumb but I never understood why this photo looks so bad, except for the name tag on the helmet. I feel GW Bush could have gotten away with an identical photo shoot no problems.

democrats look pathetic trying to coopt the aesthetics of rabid jingoistic nationalism because they imagine it involves honor or respect but republicans understand its all about being a goosestepping bully

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Strong dweeb energy in any era. "Oh they say I'm weak on defense? Guess I'll go ride a tank! Don't even need to lose the shirt and tie!"

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Tiler Kiwi posted:

democrats look pathetic trying to coopt the aesthetics of rabid jingoistic nationalism because they imagine it involves honor or respect but republicans understand its all about being a goosestepping bully
https://youtu.be/BRPZQ3UEN_Q

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

sleep with the vicious posted:

when adam friedland from cum town owned chelsea clinton on twitter

When he got a invited onto Israeli television to argue about why American Jewish youth didn't like Israel anymore

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

taqueso posted:

its not funny anymore

Wasn't funny then either

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Strong dweeb energy in any era. "Oh they say I'm weak on defense? Guess I'll go ride a tank! Don't even need to lose the shirt and tie!"

still in the trump era its pretty quaint to think something as silly as a bad photo op could at one point ruin a campaign

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wasn't funny then either

funny politics poo poo i just remebered: when most of cspam thought trump was just a funny joke candidate and also secretly leftist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

babypolis posted:

funny politics poo poo i just remebered: when most of cspam thought trump was just a funny joke candidate and also secretly leftist

When the election was happening, I decided to go to sleep instead of staying up all night shitposting because it looked like really boring election and everyone was so certain that Hillary would win. Waking up and seeing Trump's mug with "Winner" text under it was pretty wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhetM6QIY2s