Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

not caring here posted:

Trump hasn't made a tweet in 24 hours and it concerns me.

Hopefully he's just comatose after whatever drug cocktail they had him on today wore off.

Its gonna be real weird in a post-Trump world when we look back at what we all assumed/joked was happening but have confirmation that it was for real.

Like, yeah, we could all tell something was amiss but no one did anything about it or checked on it or anything.

At least when JFK and Hitler were all hopped up on poo poo, they at least presented a reasonable front in public. This poo poo is just barely hiding in plain sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I can't wait till he shits his pants on stage before wandering off into the streets of DC, and all the CHUDs insist that it was a brilliant owning of the libs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stravag posted:

Jesus gently caress this is such a goddamn shitshow

America.txt

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Starting to sound like the GOP is turning on its own, like a coked up mob family under indictment.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
That’s just Rand’s semi-annual fake stand for civil liberties/libertarianism.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Patware posted:

yeah i really can't get on board with the idea of post history = doxxing = permaban. probes for being obnoxious, sure. a creepy thing to do? probably. but if you don't want something brought up don't post about it in this very forum

Isn't digging through post history for that poo poo what helldumping, which is against the rules, is?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

RFC2324 posted:

Isn't digging through post history for that poo poo what helldumping, which is against the rules, is?

Yup.

My understanding is that helldumping is a ban, doxxing is a perma.

But sometimes people will accidentally say doxxing when they mean helldumping because they're somewhat similar.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Rand Paul is a million times better at blue balling liberals than Collins and Murkowski.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Eulogistics posted:

Ummm, did you forget why Zaphod Beeblebrox survived it? Trump would get out the exact same way.

E:fb

yeah, he was actually in a simulated copy of the universe created specifically for him and therefore was the most important person in it. the only real person, in fact.

e: what I'm saying is, fair point, you could be right

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 9, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'd feel better about rand paul if he didnt violate the NAP with his grass clippings

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rand is super scared that we're going to start using drones on inbred home schoolers. You know, his constituents.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'd feel better about rand paul if he didnt violate the NAP with his grass clippings

“You’re violating the NAP! You’re violating the NAP!” I continue to cry as Greek Punks beat me senseless with yard waste bags.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

At least he cares* about them which is rare these days

*maybe

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
gently caress Rand Paul. He's not even the semi tolerable kind of libertarian who is pro gun, pro gay, anti war on drugs, neutral abortion kind. At least those kind of libertarians are somewhat intellectually honest or internally consistent, even if they are idiotic "TAXATION IS THEFT HURPADERP."

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bored As gently caress posted:

gently caress Rand Paul. He's not even the semi tolerable kind of libertarian who is pro gun, pro gay, anti war on drugs, neutral abortion kind. At least those kind of libertarians are somewhat intellectually honest or internally consistent, even if they are idiotic "TAXATION IS THEFT HURPADERP."

quote:

Applying our theory to parents and children, this means that a parent does not have the right to aggress against his children, but also that the parent should not have a legal obligation to feed, clothe, or educate his children, since such obligations would entail positive acts coerced upon the parent and depriving the parent of his rights. The parent therefore may not murder or mutilate his child, and the law properly outlaws a parent from doing so. But the parent should have the legal right not to feed the child, i.e., to allow it to die. The law, therefore, may not properly compel the parent to feed a child or to keep it alive. This rule allows us to solve such vexing questions as: should a parent have the right to allow a deformed baby to die (e.g., by not feeding it)? The answer is of course yes, following a fortiori from the larger right to allow any baby, whether deformed or not, to die. (Though, as we shall see below, in a libertarian society the existence of a free baby market will bring such "neglect" down to a minimum.)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There's absolutely nothing that they are incapable of convincing themselves that "DUH FWEE MAHKET" can fix, it's really, really amazing. I saw some poo poo about it "fixing" incels during their brief period of popularity in our regularly scheduled mass shootings. We just needed a free market of sex and the problem would be solved, easy peezy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bird food bathtub posted:

THEN loving DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOU SPINELESS REPUBLICAN gently caress

He's a Utah senator. That will not happen. The state doesn't want it to happen, and he won't get as wealthy if it happens.
:stare:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 9, 2020

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

if helldumping's a ban, ban it is, for sure

perma, though, and calling it doxxing, ehhh...

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

McNally posted:

Yup.

My understanding is that helldumping is a ban, doxxing is a perma.

But sometimes people will accidentally say doxxing when they mean helldumping because they're somewhat similar.

The two perma'd posters were digging up b4tbg's 10 year old posts in an ask/tell thread and going "oh, you work for <MIC contractor>? no wonder you're a lovely transphobic rear end in a top hat." It was clear that those posts got dug up to intimidate and shame him for what he did for a living outside the forums.

b4tbg made some real lovely and ignorant posts in TG, but what those posters did was a ban+30 minimum, compounded by doing it to a mod, and two days before Christmas. Especially seeing as a TG poster literally googled his name and posted his patents in later thread and tried to claim that that wasn't doxxing either.

I feel there's an important material difference between "you made this post, you're a loving rear end in a top hat" and "you made this post, you're a loving rear end in a top hat, and here's how to find you in the real world". First one can be hell dumping, depending on context. Second one is absolutely doxxing and should be treated harshly.

Sorry, I got real strong opinions about doxxing. Watching goons try to equivocate about reposting things that have real world consequences for other goons really grosses me out.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'll definitely grant that i haven't read the threads in question and there's definitely a context point that can get crossed. i've just been seeing it flying around that any helldumping is being called doxxing and calling for a perma

once post history is being used to explicitly call out details and goes into other stuff like you've just outlined, yeah, absolutely gently caress that

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
People were absolutely posting his name, how to find his name, and what his profession was and how to find out in the fascism and 40K threads in TG. Not all of the posts/posters that got tagged deserved permas imo, but there was legit doxxing going on.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 9, 2020

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
See, I didn't know all them details. That makes sense with the Perma. But when the trickle down policy is retold as "quotes from this very own forum is doxxing". The original case study is forbidden because lol it's doxxing, but without a reconstruction there can't be any lessons learned about it.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
When drama hits a certain tier it is probably worth either tuning out or having to check everything to a too intensive degree. No guarantees you get any idea of what actually happened.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The new thread title is A+ :discourse:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Brute Squad posted:

The two perma'd posters were digging up b4tbg's 10 year old posts in an ask/tell thread and going "oh, you work for <MIC contractor>? no wonder you're a lovely transphobic rear end in a top hat." It was clear that those posts got dug up to intimidate and shame him for what he did for a living outside the forums.

b4tbg made some real lovely and ignorant posts in TG, but what those posters did was a ban+30 minimum, compounded by doing it to a mod, and two days before Christmas. Especially seeing as a TG poster literally googled his name and posted his patents in later thread and tried to claim that that wasn't doxxing either.

I feel there's an important material difference between "you made this post, you're a loving rear end in a top hat" and "you made this post, you're a loving rear end in a top hat, and here's how to find you in the real world". First one can be hell dumping, depending on context. Second one is absolutely doxxing and should be treated harshly.

Sorry, I got real strong opinions about doxxing. Watching goons try to equivocate about reposting things that have real world consequences for other goons really grosses me out.

yup, thats doxxing and deserves a perma. gently caress that noise. as someone else said, the story being told is that all they did was talk poo poo about where he works and got perma'd for doxxing

thanks

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
There's a bit more to it than that.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Dwanyelle posted:

There's a bit more to it than that.

Sure, Beer also made a pretty bad transphobic post in the TG Fascism thread... seven months ago, which he apologized profusely for at the time, an that was accepted by the individual towards whom the comment had been directed. And there was also some other stuff going on with a CSPAM thread getting closed? (That I'm not so sure about and I'd have to look up again)

There's certainly a pretty strong case to be made that Beer wasn't a good mod and should have stepped down anyway (and really should have done so seven months ago when he made that comment in the first place), but at the same time (from my perspective) the response that ultimately stemmed from a pretty dumb post in the Dem Primary thread about the Butt-man's wine cave was wildly disproportionate, and should have never gotten to the level of doxxing to begin with (Which itself was partially due to SA's current mod/admin deficit and the closure of QCS).

sagas within sagas, each dumber than the last

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
Yeah that mod/admin deficit, the whole fyad/qcs drama, there were folks with sa accounts and also off-site accounts doxxing trans folks, admins here being shady about the whole Incident.

I'm in a discord with the banee. This didn't pop up out of nowhere, they'd been dealing with bullshit for over a month by this point.(not excusing them, they did a crime and got the punishment, but it's not like they just up and went after b4tb out of the blue.

The whole thing is a mess.

Dwanyelle fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jan 9, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
For all of the (usually justified) complaints about Pelosi, rank-and-file Democratic Representatives and Senators are bigger, gigantic loving idiots.

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1215294315565588482?s=19

This isn't a hard thing to do: say McConnell is a corrupt fucker, never agree with him on anything ever, then regurgitate Pelosi's talking points. That's literally all that's needed.

Instead, they do this weird loving Stockholm Syndrome bullshit. MAYBE IF WE AGREE WITH TURTLEMAN HE WILL STOP BEATING US

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Mitch McConnell is a bigger threat to America and democracy than literally any other entity or person on earth.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Apparently Mike Lee was raging specifically because the Administration would not confirm that they would seek congressional approval before launching further assassination attempts up to, and including the Supreme Leader of Iran. These people are utterly insane and need to be removed from any sort of power yesterday.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Dwanyelle posted:

The whole thing is a mess.

A lot of things came to a head at the same time in the past month. It's not the first time it's happened on these forums, not going to be the last.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Immanentized posted:

Apparently Mike Lee was raging specifically because the Administration would not confirm that they would seek congressional approval before launching further assassination attempts up to, and including the Supreme Leader of Iran. These people are utterly insane and need to be removed from any sort of power yesterday.

Lmao what the everliving gently caress

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Bored As gently caress posted:

Lmao what the everliving gently caress

@SenMikeLee This extreme hypothetical illustrates as starkly as you could want that Trump recognizes zero constraints on his warmaking authority.

I talked to law professors about that. Some alarming quotes:

https://t.co/az9wkP09U8

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

A Bad Poster posted:

Mitch McConnell is a bigger threat to America and democracy than literally any other entity or person on earth.

Murdoch

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

I've said it before, but he's the Albert Speers of this administration.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, gently caress.

https://twitter.com/krisvancleave/status/1215309192086675459?s=19

Lotta people died on that flight.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Current Event: QCS is now open. Let's see how this goes.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

The dude in charge of that battery is getting a negative NCOER I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'd go on TV and kill myself if I caused that