Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

There was one time when I realized you were Finnish and I asked if you go to the FCF events!

Since you never answerd I figured you either didn't care or like then, or lived too far away to go to the shows lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Guess I didn't get what you meant, because I've never heard of FCF before. Are they any good?

E: This is getting off-topic though. Is there a thread for talking about obscure euro promotions or something?

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

extradite THIS! posted:

FCF sometimes does have some issues with matches being given way too little time. I guess the Ioni vs Vallu match was nothing special, then?

I mean, IONI/Vallu was good, I just didn't think it was HM worthy. Still, best IONI singles match maybe ever with some serious set up to Karhula/IONI probably at Omega. Also, Shemeikka/Vallu at the next WSL :woop:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Guess I didn't get what you meant, because I've never heard of FCF before. Are they any good?

E: This is getting off-topic though. Is there a thread for talking about obscure euro promotions or something?

FCF... is good!

There's the Eurograps thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863610

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the best show of the week is on tonight my friend

Imagine saying this on Wrestle Kingdom week

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

BTF posted:

Also, Shemeikka/Vallu at the next WSL :woop:

:eyepop:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Chris Brookes vs. Miyako Matsumoto - Gake no Fuchi Pro Wrestling Gakeppuchi Snow White 2020 (1/4)

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/7863

If you don't have DDT Universe forums poster Johnny Landmine's thread should convince you

https://twitter.com/johnnylandmine/status/1214190389751500800?s=19

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

BTF posted:

Not going to bother with throwing more HMs and MOTYCs to WK matches, so I'm just going to nominate Finnish matches no one will see.

FCF Jatkosota, January 5th
HM: Shemeikka vs Jami Aalto
HM: Stark Adder(c) vs Vili Raato vs Jessica Love - Frank Andersson Nordic Wrestling Championship

Both were short and sweet but packed with action. Aalto/Shemeikka was extremely fun cruiserweight match. The three way barely got any time (six bloody minutes, com on) but filled those minutes with intensity. Love is just murder and I'm hoping she stays around for most of the year,

Is there ANY way to watch these in the States?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

super macho dude posted:

Is there ANY way to watch these in the States?

Nope. Maybe sometime next year when they get around to uploading something from this show on YouTube.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

Screw you guys I'm going MOTYC

MOTYC: EVIL/Shingo vs. Ishii/Goto, NJPW New Year's Dash, 06/01

loving ridiculous amount of BEEF

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
2/1
Stardom New Years Stars 2020 Night 1
AZM & Kagetsu vs Stars (Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid)

A real fun tag match which features some silly spots, a lot of Starlight Kid being bullied by AZM & Kagetsu. The internet is telling me that AZM is just 17 & I know Joshi often start ludicrously young (Rina in the opener is 13 for goodness sake) but how the Christ can you be 17 and have 6 years experience? This is silly. And there's me being impressed that Jay White is just 27. It's good fun anyway

Makes me sad that Kagetsu is retiring soon

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 8, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Chris Brookes vs. Miyako Matsumoto - Gake no Fuchi Pro Wrestling Gakeppuchi Snow White 2020 (1/4)

If you don't have DDT Universe forums poster Johnny Landmine's thread should convince you

Seconding! Chris Brookes is subscribing to the Kenny Omega way of getting over in Japan. He's going to be big one day, I swear

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Finishing out Kingdom night 2

MOTYC: Ibushi vs. White
HM: Jericho vs. Tanahashi
MOTYC: Naito vs.Okada

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is there a spreadsheet for the 2019 list? Would love to see what was the most votes for WMOTY (I assume it was HIAC)

I keep a spreadsheet of all the votes (I used to do it all through a Word Document which was insane and stupid and dumb, I changed that around March last year) but once I get to 7 votes (5 for WMOTY) I stop recording the votes so I couldn't say which got the most votes, sorry.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

OK friends, Wrestle Kingdom is done. There is no wrestling until Friday so take this chance to watch one of the matches of the year so far, Kento Miyahara vs Jake Lee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XUM1bqZjfo

If you need an intro, okay. Kento Miyahara is the Triple Crown Champion. He won it in October 2018 & this is his 8th defence. He's the ace of All Japan, he's charismatic and an amazing wrestler and he can be a cocky prick sometimes but the fans love him. He's also just 30 years old & in his 4th reign with that belt. Jake Lee is the same age & initially debuted for AJPW in 2011, but he got hurt & ended up going into MMA after just 10 matches. He returned in 2015 so he's not as experienced as you'd expect. As time has gone on a lot of hope was placed on the shoulders of Lee as the future, and he can be an extremely good wrestler but a major thing holding him back is his fire, or rather his lack of it. But in 2019 they faced in the Champion Carnival finals, 1 night after Lee had to win a block match with Joe Doering & then a block decider with Naoya Nomura. Kento won but it was a breakout moment for Lee, just getting to the finals and then going 27+ minutes with the Best of the Best. After that they rematched in the finals of the Royal Road (AJPW's New Japan Cup equivalent) in early autumn, this time Lee got the win but it was flat. Lee just went back to lacking the necessary fire to be convincing. But he won so he got a title shot in October, this was almost as good as the Carnival, Lee held up his end and it felt like a fight.

So why is Lee facing Kento again? Well the real reason is despite undercards getting more fun, the Junior Division looking healthier than a while, the top of the card is thin. But the kayfabe reason is that on the final night of the Real World Tag League Lee & Nomura beat Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi with Lee pinning Miyahara. It was a great match & one of the best tag matches I've seen outside of NOAH or Dragon Gate in 2019. Of course they then lost the finals to Violent Giants which is a big loving "WHY?" but that's not so important. Lee pinned the champ and gets rewarded with a title shot at the 2nd AJPW show of the year.

Yeah I'll go MOTYC for that as well

Kento needs to do a PWG or the G1 or some AEW to become a big international star this year.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Technically from last year, but this was just uploaded to YouTube so thought I'd share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSvmn4z9VY8

The commentary is getting smoother. "Right now Lulupencil's going for high risk...but in fact everything's a risk for her..."

Also Lulupencil debuted a new move, the no-drop dropkick

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Kento needs to do a PWG or the G1 or some AEW to become a big international star this year.

Kento doing a BOLA would be loving amazing.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

SatoshiMiwa posted:

the only downside is that it would lead to a tiresome discussion initiated by a buncha smarks who'd want him to abandon all japan to contract with either new japan or aew

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

A Kento or Jake Lee G1 in the vein of the Marufuji/Nakajima G1 a few years back would rule

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

3rd this one. The ref bump sequence early on was my favorite part. This match was a trip and took an insane turn near the end. Also Brookes did not go easy with those chops of his on Matsumoto good god. Brookes in Japan is one of my favorite things that I loosely follow and need to follow more.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
3/1
DDT New Year Special 2020!
Chris Brookes vs Masato Tanaka

Fun match under 10 minutes with a fun angle at the end featuring the DDT mascot whose name I can't remember. Pokotan apparently.

HM
3/1
DDT New Year Special 2020!
KO-D Tag Team Titles
Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki & Soma Takao) (c) vs Nautilus (Naomi Yoshimura & Yuki Ueno)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 9, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WMOTY: Riho (C) vs. Kris Statlander for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Dynamite 1/8

A terrible clusterfuck of bad booking. Neither Riho nor Kris are to blame for this dreadful poo poo, they deserved so much better.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTY: Riho (C) vs. Kris Statlander for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Dynamite 1/8

A terrible clusterfuck of bad booking. Neither Riho nor Kris are to blame for this dreadful poo poo, they deserved so much better.

Yeah I agree that was the first AEW title match that really didn't click for me

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm disappointed by it, but a two star match is not close to a WMOTYC.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Punch McLightning posted:

I'm disappointed by it, but a two star match is not close to a WMOTYC.

Usually two star matches from AEW are MOTYCs, so it should swing the other direction

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Midnightghoul posted:

Usually two star matches from AEW are MOTYCs, so it should swing the other direction

how dare you

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

OK friends, Wrestle Kingdom is done. There is no wrestling until Friday so take this chance to watch one of the matches of the year so far, Kento Miyahara vs Jake Lee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XUM1bqZjfo

MotYC, nth. That was quite good.

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
HM: Jurassic Express vs. Best Friends, AEW Dynamite, 1/8
HM: Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs. Private Party, AEW Dynamite, 1/8

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

There were bits of good wrestling but that doesn't make up for Brandi's commentary + the awful interruption + the knowledge the distractions were taking away from a likely outstanding match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

PantherWill posted:

HM: Jurassic Express vs. Best Friends, AEW Dynamite, 1/8

I'll second this, loved the energy in this match and how it got the crowd and the commentary ramping up in excitement as it went along.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

I guess you're the numbers expert

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

lmfao

Animal Crackers
Jun 11, 2012
AEW Dynamite 8/1

HM: Kenny Omega and Adam Page vs Private Party

WMOTYC: Riho vs Kris Statlander

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ns/noms

sportsgenius86 posted:

: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Jericho, NJPW WrestleKingdom 14 Night 2, 1/5

HM:Mox vs. Lucha Lance NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2

HM: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Tetsuya Naito (C) for the IWGP Heavyweight AND Intercontinental Championships - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Shingo Takagi & EVIL - NJPW New Year Dash 1/6

BEEF BEEF BEEF FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE BITTER END ALL BEEF ALL THE TIME SO MUCH loving BEEF!

hm

Jerusalem posted:

brandi gives a masterclass in putting something under

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Nth just for Brandi's commentary alone. The fact that they almost redeemed themselves from the overbooking and then went back to bad is kind of impressive and that's why they deserve this spot here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WMOTYC: Riho vs. Kris Statlander, AEW Dynamite, 08/01

Never let Brandi near a live mic again

HM: Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs. Private Party, AEW Dynamite, 08/01
HM: Cody/Dustin Rhodes vs. Lucha Bros, AEW Dynamite, 08/01
HM: Jurassic Express vs. Best Friends/Orange Cassidy, AEW Dynamite, 08/01

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

WMOTYC: Riho vs. Kris Statlander, AEW Dynamite, 08/01

Never let Brandi near a live mic again

HM: Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs. Private Party, AEW Dynamite, 08/01
HM: Cody/Dustin Rhodes vs. Lucha Bros, AEW Dynamite, 08/01
HM: Jurassic Express vs. Best Friends/Orange Cassidy, AEW Dynamite, 08/01

nth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Have to nth this one since I was adamantly posting WMOTYC nominations for WWE in late 2019.

Only time I've ever considered turning off Dynamite since it started.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Rarity posted:

Screw you guys I'm going MOTYC

MOTYC: EVIL/Shingo vs. Ishii/Goto, NJPW New Year's Dash, 06/01

loving ridiculous amount of BEEF

finally caught this and loving NTH.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
From Wrestle Kingdom:

1/4