Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Basically, the only bright side of the situation White Chain’s got herself into is that the people she betrayed are more disappointed than angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Maybe this fight is only three pages or whatever but atm calling this lopsided is slightly too early. White chain has a lot of experience.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

White Chain's going to go predator and enter the self destruct code. In such a way that she won't go to the void to reincarnate again.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://twitter.com/bastard__wing/status/1215100006018867201

I wonder if this is more of an Allison or a Princess kind of sweater

Allison's more of a dumbass, but Princess is all about that exposed midriff

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Oh. Oh. Allicio is a system, then. Getting rather powerful feelings about this.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

habeasdorkus posted:

So, I take back what I said earlier about White Chain giving Allicio a tough fight. Because drat, that was a single, blocked punch that fractured White Chain's forearm.

Yeah, but White Chain knows that now, and will probably stop relying on blocks instead of dodges and deflection.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Lobe posted:

https://twitter.com/bastard__wing/status/1215100006018867201

I wonder if this is more of an Allison or a Princess kind of sweater

Allison's more of a dumbass, but Princess is all about that exposed midriff

I don't think Princess is a lesbian, she seems to be pansupplexual to me.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cat Mattress posted:

I don't think Princess is a lesbian, she seems to be pansupplexual to me.

I wouldn't put it past her to wear it ironically though

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I thought Princess was a guy.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

their gender identity is ambiguous, on second consideration

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Grouchio posted:

I thought Princess was a guy.

Correct, she was a guy when she was an ebon devil named Vladok.

That is no longer the case.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I think gender is pretty fluid for devils isn't it? Like I think I saw somewhere that most blue devils are feminine and most red devils are masculine but like, they often move up and down the tiers so I don't think any of that is set in stone.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I get the impression gender tends to be rather fluid for devils, although as with most things some of them might take to it much more firmly and stubbornly than others. For all we know Vladok was perfectly fine being referred to as a woman.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah the only info we have on Vladok's gender was being referred to as "Grandad" by Oskar, and now Vladok is gone and we have Princess.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Mindblast posted:

Maybe this fight is only three pages or whatever but atm calling this lopsided is slightly too early. White chain has a lot of experience.

this panel doesn't scream "lopsided" to you?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

3 posted:

welp this is the best solomon i have ever drawn and will ever draw, it's all downhill from here:

That is demanding a blunt to be photoshopped in though. Maybe when I get home.

Seriously excellent work

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Niavmai posted:

It says Allicio is capable of damaging White Chain, however, White Chain has a lot more going on than toughness. Like someone else said, she'll know to dodge in future exchanges, which she may very well be capable of. I also don't think she was shooting to kill in her first strikes against Allicio, it's fully possible she is capable of doing a lot more damage.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

"Who is powerful enough to beat who in a fight" is the absolute least interesting thing to me and I'm glad that Abaddon seems to feel the same way. They're all strong as hell, we don't need some scouter power level poo poo going on here

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Look, it is vital that we hash out who will win in a three way fight between Goku, Allicio, and Saitama.

pseudorandom name fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 9, 2020

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Vegeta :colbert:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"Who is powerful enough to beat who in a fight" is the absolute least interesting thing to me and I'm glad that Abaddon seems to feel the same way. They're all strong as hell, we don't need some scouter power level poo poo going on here

Comes with the territory of drawing a prolonged fight, especially when all us nerds get a few days to analyze each page and make predictions. It's true though, the best part of this fight will be the dialogue if it's done well, and if it's done really well the fight and the dialogue will reinforce each other and make the whole greater than the sum if its parts.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Niavmai posted:

Correct! Because it is a fantasy comic fight and this sort of thing is not even remotely uncommon in fantasy comic fights. Coming back from a hit like this happens. Quite a lot.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

pseudorandom name posted:

Look, it is vital that we hash out who will win in a three way fight between Goku, Allicio, and Saitama.

Goku will be beaten to a pulp because Allicio isn't going to wait around for him to power up. Saitama missed the fight because he remembered he had expiring coupons that he needed to use.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the outcome of the fight notwithstanding, white chain's face in that panel definitely says "i have made a dire miscalculation"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

edit: weird doublepost from the past

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 9, 2020

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Saitama is Royalty, discuss

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Just wanna pop in and point out that the text at the bottom of the page also kinda implies white chain's bout to get schooled

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Saitama is Royalty, discuss
Disco Elysium is a story of a man achieving Royalty. Though you play as a curious dumbass instead of a furious one.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Mindblast posted:

Correct! Because it is a fantasy comic fight and this sort of thing is not even remotely uncommon in fantasy comic fights. Coming back from a hit like this happens. Quite a lot.

People don't usually come back from having their arm shattered to win a fight. Difficult to fight when your arm is broken and your enemy is unaffected by being kicked in the face and taking a Buddha Palm from like 2 feet away.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

OgreNoah posted:

People don't usually come back from having their arm shattered to win a fight. Difficult to fight when your arm is broken and your enemy is unaffected by being kicked in the face and taking a Buddha Palm from like 2 feet away.

Are you like... unfamiliar with this genre?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

OgreNoah posted:

Did you read the first round?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Unironically hope White Chain Hulks out and takes the fight to Allicio hard.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It all depends on whether White Chain is capable to channel her own colossal reserves of Dumb Bitch Juice.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Niavmai posted:

To me it shows that White Chain underestimated her student, as she has been doing all along, and is surprised.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

OgreNoah posted:

In these kinds of stories, people come back from having half three whole limbs and half their torso cut off. Haven't you read Battle Angel Alita?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Saitama is not royalty because he is desperately searching for someone who can challenge him rather than thinking of nothing but playing Smash with King

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Begemot posted:

In these kinds of stories, people come back from having half three whole limbs and half their torso cut off. Haven't you read Battle Angel Alita?

That was a p great fight sequence

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Bilirubin posted:

That was a p great fight sequence

It happens like five times if you read Last Order. Winning fights with barely any limbs left is practically Alita's signature move.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I can't believe what I'm hearing, fightonomics are a crucial part of martial arts bullshit and I won't stand for this slander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Really, if anything, Alicio dunking on white chain this hard this early should be seen as evidence of an incoming turnabout