Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

DemoneeHo posted:

[MD] Reckless PTA parents have been emotionally and verbally abusing my adopted son in and outside of school. School is doing nothing because they donate large sums of money to the school.

:murder: :murder: :murder:

If this is real you are doing this wrong. Record everything. Record being kicked out. Record the admissions that donations are basically bribe money. Escalate and keep recording. Collect names of everyone. Bonus points of the school board and/or local politicians are recorded blowing you off. Then turn copies of everything over to a news organization saying you can show systematic bigotry against an adopted child and how the local school system is taking bribes to cover it up and then publish online too with everyone’s names prominently displayed. Make everyone involved pop up in this story as their top Google results. Ruin some political and educational careers.

If they do not suicide then :murder:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Seriously how do people type this sort of thing out and not realize it is such a terrible situation?
My husband [33M] and I [33F] have been together since high school and still can't resolve these sexual problems.

God drat. No, no no nooo. Nope.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for recording my friend’s girlfriend and then exposing her?
My best friend Andrew (23M) and I (23F) have been best friends for over 6 years. We did have a brief stint for a few months last year where we were FWB, but we always talked about how we were better off as best friends so it never turned into a relationship, and that’s exactly how we both wanted it.

Andrew recently started dating a new girl named Kelsey (22F). They’ve been together for about 3 months. Obviously Andrew did not hide anything and was honest with her about how we did have a pure FWB relationship at one point, but that we’re best friends and nothing more. I already know she didn’t like me before, but once learning about the FWB thing, it’s pretty clear that she hates me and doesn’t want me and Andrew to be friends at all.

Andrew and I had a conversation, and I told him that while Kelsey’s actions and hatred towards me is a bit extreme, that as a girl I do understand how it’s uncomfortable if your boyfriend’s had any kind of history with his close female friend and that out of respect for them both I’m going to draw some boundaries between us and that we probably need to change how we are as friends. Andrew disagreed and said we don’t need to change anything bc there’s nothing going on between us, and as a solution told me that we should all three get lunch together so that hopefully Kelsey can see I’m not as bad as she thinks I am. I reluctantly agreed.

Fast forward to this lunch when Andrew goes to the bathroom. Kelsey took this as an opportunity to tell me that I need to back off and that she doesn’t want me in their lives and that she only came to this lunch to make Andrew happy. She accused me of having feelings for Andrew and trying to steal him from her, and said that if I told him about this conversation that she would deny it and then asked “who’s side do you think he’ll take anyways?”. Little did she know I recorded this whole conversation on my phone.

That was a month ago. I didn’t have plans to do anything with the recording and I ended up listening to her and backed off because I didn’t want to cause drama between them. Andrew messaged me yesterday telling me that he’s felt me being distant since that lunch, and said Kelsey had told him that I was rude/mean to her when he went to the bathroom. I got pissed that she lied and sent him the recording and told him to listen for himself.

Apparently he broke up with her, and Kelsey sent me an angry message today via FB telling me that I was such a homewrecker and an AH, that I was a creep for recording her in the first place, and some other choice things.

AITA for exposing the recording/recording in the first place?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I quickdrawed the son of gun who thought they could drive me off my land for the railroad company, before I walk off into the hazy sunset, did I do the right thing?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Seriously how do people type this sort of thing out and not realize it is such a terrible situation?
My husband [33M] and I [33F] have been together since high school and still can't resolve these sexual problems.

girl that's not a sexual problem that's a husband problem. murder him and leave his abusive body under the goddamn floorboards

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Power Khan posted:

My best friend Andrew (23M) and I (23F) have been best friends for over 6 years. We did have a brief stint for a few months last year where we were FWB, but we always talked about how we were better off as best friends so it never turned into a relationship, and that’s exactly how we both wanted it.

Andrew recently started dating a new girl named Kelsey (22F). They’ve been together for about 3 months. Obviously Andrew did not hide anything and was honest with her about how we did have a pure FWB relationship at one point, but that we’re best friends and nothing more. I already know she didn’t like me before, but once learning about the FWB thing, it’s pretty clear that she hates me and doesn’t want me and Andrew to be friends at all.

Andrew and I had a conversation, and I told him that while Kelsey’s actions and hatred towards me is a bit extreme, that as a girl I do understand how it’s uncomfortable if your boyfriend’s had any kind of history with his close female friend and that out of respect for them both I’m going to draw some boundaries between us and that we probably need to change how we are as friends. Andrew disagreed and said we don’t need to change anything bc there’s nothing going on between us, and as a solution told me that we should all three get lunch together so that hopefully Kelsey can see I’m not as bad as she thinks I am. I reluctantly agreed.

Fast forward to this lunch when Andrew goes to the bathroom. Kelsey took this as an opportunity to tell me that I need to back off and that she doesn’t want me in their lives and that she only came to this lunch to make Andrew happy. She accused me of having feelings for Andrew and trying to steal him from her, and said that if I told him about this conversation that she would deny it and then asked “who’s side do you think he’ll take anyways?”. Little did she know I recorded this whole conversation on my phone.

That was a month ago. I didn’t have plans to do anything with the recording and I ended up listening to her and backed off because I didn’t want to cause drama between them. Andrew messaged me yesterday telling me that he’s felt me being distant since that lunch, and said Kelsey had told him that I was rude/mean to her when he went to the bathroom. I got pissed that she lied and sent him the recording and told him to listen for himself.

Apparently he broke up with her, and Kelsey sent me an angry message today via FB telling me that I was such a homewrecker and an AH, that I was a creep for recording her in the first place, and some other choice things.

While this is a variation as the instigator wasn't aware of the protagonist's arsenal, I will accept this into the "someone started poo poo with me while I have access to WMDs, AITA for using them" genre.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Power Khan posted:

:owned:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

What an rear end in a top hat. She wasn't attracted to you because you were a chubby slob, a problem that you chose to fix, and now you're relishing in making her cry because she's attracted to you again? gently caress off and die, idiot.

Nice body shaming. Bigot.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

QuarkJets posted:

What an rear end in a top hat. She wasn't attracted to you because you were a chubby slob, a problem that you chose to fix, and now you're relishing in making her cry because she's attracted to you again? gently caress off and die, idiot.

....Why are you always like this

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
we're supposed to pretend its real and not some fat gently caress's daydream.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Motherfucker posted:

we're supposed to pretend its real and not some fat gently caress's daydream.

it's true until the rocky training montage

I [25f] have recently been diagnosed with an medical condition, my SO [29m] of 2 years thinks I am HIV positive and is being a jerk

they posted an update to this but it was deleted so we'll never know if she dumped his rear end :smith:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
My(19f) parents and friends aren’t being supportive of my decision to take a break from school due to mental health

quote:

I’ve been recently struggling with a lot of issues in my first year of university and have been hurting for a multitude of reasons that have lead to me really getting messed up and ignoring school. I fixed this mess on my own but decided to tell my parents now that I’m taking time of school. This did not go over well, i am frustrated because it’s not their money in wasting I pay my rent and schooling myself. I plan to take the year to get into a good therapy program and really help myself so I can have a more clear mind and really just fix myself. But my parents don’t understand that.

The subject matter of my mental health issues is a very sensitive topic that I’d feel awkward to discuss with my family due to the nature of what it stems from. So not much I can do to make them understand.

My friends (19f) on the other hand think my plan of staying with my boyfriend (46m) next year is the problem and not necessarily that I’m taking of school time. But because my parents are unhappy I can’t stay with them. If I stay with my boyfriend and work on my mental health it’s a lot easier for me.

How can I can their support so I don’t feel like a complete idiot for making this decision

Tl: dr ; friends and family don’t support my decision to take time off of school for my mental health.!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Licarn posted:

My(19f) parents and friends aren’t being supportive of my decision to take a break from school due to mental health

That twist actually startled me, god drat

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Call up A24 cause I got their next bone chilling horror script

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
is the boyfriend her therapist

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You made a typo in the last word, youre missing a space

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

freckle posted:

is the boyfriend her therapist

He's definitely a something-ist

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barudak posted:

You made a typo in the last word, youre missing a space

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

He's definitely a something-ist

:hmmyes:

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
Their entire post history is horrible but I'll just post one title:

Where are the best places to bait creepy men (self.Rapekink)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Power Khan posted:

Going by the title I was expecting op had posted her friend's GF's nudes.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

welcome to hell posted:

reddit

Barudak
May 7, 2007

welcome to hell posted:

Based on the history of human kind, literally anywhere should work.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

welcome to hell posted:

Just imagine I posted a slowly expanding "Yikes" that gradually fills the entire screen.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My family mocks me for using a night light

quote:

Dear Prudence,

I have nearly complete night blindness in one eye. This isn’t debilitating, but it is disorienting when I have to get out of bed and have almost no vision in one eye, so I have a small night light in my room that helps minimize the effects. The problem is my family. I visited them over Christmas and took the night light with me (they know I use it). My brother’s girlfriend thought it was hysterical that a grown man used a night light. She snuck into the room I was in twice and turned it off in the middle of the night. My family took her side and said I was too old to be scared of the dark, that it was a waste of electricity, and I should man up.

I lost my temper, and we fought. I pointed out that I wouldn’t be night blind if they were better parents. They told me I couldn’t throw that in their face for every failure in my life (I haven’t mentioned it in years; it wasn’t their best day as parents, but it was a dumb accident). I drove home to spend Christmas alone with Chinese food. It is obviously ridiculous to cut off your whole family because they think a night light is childish, yet I haven’t answered their calls or read their emails, and I am fine with that. I don’t get angry a lot, but when I do it tends to destroy relationships before I warm back enough to consider fixing things. How do I mend bridges this time when I am still in “Do not speak to me or my night light ever again” mode?

—Night Light License

quote:

I agree that cutting off your family over a single fight about a night light might be hasty, but it doesn’t really sound like that’s the whole story here. It sounds more like there’s a family history of minimizing your night blindness, the accident that caused it (I wish I knew more about this), the perfectly reasonable accommodations you use to make sure you don’t stumble in the dark—all of which sound unbelievably frustrating. And why on earth does their definition of manliness mean you’re supposed to be able to will night blindness away? Sneaking into someone’s room in the middle of the night (twice!) because you think men shouldn’t be allowed to use a lightbulb to help them see in the dark is a ridiculously high-effort form of unkindness. I don’t for a second believe your family members are so deeply committed to reducing their electricity bill, and I’ll bet none of them have any idea how much electricity a night light actually uses over a single evening.

As for mending fences, your parents and your brother’s girlfriend are free to apologize. But I think this time apart might be better spent investigating if there are other incidents in your past where they violated your boundaries, mocked you, or suggested you were less of a man for having basic physical needs or emotional boundaries, and whether this radio silence might be an improvement.

DemoneeHo fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 9, 2020

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My nrighbors are accusing me of having an affair

quote:

Dear Prudence,

My husband and I have lived next door to a middle-aged couple for about 10 years. We have always been friendly with one another until three weeks ago. Suddenly, they started turning their backs on me when I tried to speak to them and giving me hateful looks. We couldn’t understand why until my husband found a note on his truck one morning accusing me of having a long-standing affair and suggesting that he get a DNA test for our son. It wasn’t signed, but we were sure it came from them. A week ago, things escalated when members of their church came to the door with literature on adultery and offers of marriage counseling. It was all I could do not to slam the door in their face, and I am so beyond furious and frustrated at the neighbors.

I have never cheated on my husband, and I am baffled about where this idea came from, as I can’t think of anything I might have done. After the visit from the church, I stormed over to their house to confront them, but they refused to answer the door. I’ve tried several times since, and they won’t acknowledge or speak to me. At this point, I am at a loss about how to continue to live next door to these people. My husband says that we should return the favor and pretend they don’t exist, but that feels like letting them get away with this terrible behavior. What should we do?

—Not a Cheater

quote:

This is baffling and distressing, and I hope you feel free to actually slam the door in the face of any future visitors who try to get involved in your marriage. I understand the impulse to confront them, especially because you’ve had a pleasant (if superficial) relationship for a decade, but their behavior is so bizarre that I don’t think there’s anything you could say to them that would result in a reasonable explanation and an apology. Your primary concern should be for your safety, not for getting them to apologize or explain themselves. If you rent your place, contact your landlord and let them know about the harassment. Keep a record of any notes you receive or visitors who show up at your door in case you need to file a police report. I understand why it might feel like letting them “get away” with something they shouldn’t, but there’s nothing they could do or say that would justify or excuse their behavior of the last few weeks, and it seems safest to give them a wide berth.

DemoneeHo fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 9, 2020

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Licarn posted:

Let me guess. She cannot tell her family about it because one or more of her parents were sexually abusive and she does not want to offend them. :(

Get better and dump the creeper.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

My family mocks me for using a night light

“Stop using those crutches! It makes you less of a man.”

“Maybe you should not have taken a sledgehammer to my leg?”

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

Photoshop pics to make it look like both of them are having affairs and mail them to the other party. Then get popcorn.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
My M[26] ex girl F[23] only speaks to me in a professional way and I would like opinions on why she could be doing that?

quote:

My mom was really rude to her as well when it happened because she was just defending me. Basically my family knew I was playing her. We had a bad break up and we don’t talk. I pretty much accused her of being a stalker and obsessed with me. Which I shouldn’t have but I can’t take it back. We had a conversation a few months ago and I was asking her about things and she said “I’m not sure what you’re referencing but anything going on has nothing to do with me”

Today she message me on Facebook because someone contacted her thinking we were still together and they want me to dj for them. She said “hi hope all is well. (Persons name) contacted me here inquiring about your djing. I told her that I am not sure and that we don’t keep in contact. Honestly I am not sure of the details but her number is in the picture I’ve attached. Thanks” It sounded like a freaking work email! I just responded with a thumbs up and she said nothing back. Why does she speak to me like we communicate professionally? Why would any woman do that?

TL;DR My ex and I had a bad break up and now whenever we speak, she speaks to me as if it is a professional setting. Could she be doing this because she’s still hurt?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Alright boys better put another pot of coffee on, we'll be here all night figuring out this conundrum.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Licarn posted:

My M[26] ex girl F[23] only speaks to me in a professional way and I would like opinions on why she could be doing that?

I am a manipulative shitbag. Why are people keeping emotional distance from me? :iiam:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Dear reddit, my ex girlfriend has stopped living with me, turns down all my date invites, and never has sex with me anymore. What is going on :confused: So confused, please help

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Xenocides posted:

Photoshop pics to make it look like both of them are having affairs and mail them to the other party. Then get popcorn.

Mail them to the church interlopers.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DemoneeHo posted:

Gross. I really want to know what they saw or think they say that caused this. Did a male relative stay over or drop her off?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Motronic posted:

Mail them to the church interlopers.

Thank you. This amendment vastly improves the plan.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Xenocides posted:

“Stop using those crutches! It makes you less of a man.”

“Maybe you should not have taken a sledgehammer to my leg?”

A real man would walk it off.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for eating strawberries at the store before buying them?

quote:

This is something my family does and I've never seen a problem with it before because I always make sure to buy them, even if they're empty. I'm not ashamed of putting an empty container on the belt and buy it even though it was all gone before I got to the register. But my husband says it's a terrible thing to do and I should never do it and he thinks I'm teaching my daughter a terrible lesson.

The instant that really fot him upset with me was a few weeks ago. I lost my debit card and I had to cancel it and order a new one. Well, I didnt get home from work the night before till almost 1 am and I had taken his debit card to get gas so I could go to work. I forgot to give it back to him that night and when we went to the store for groceries, he didnt have his debit card and didnt notice until after we gathered all the groceries we wanted to buy. Well it resulted in me and my daughter sitting by the register and wait while he went home to get his card. He bad to call for a ride because his cars oil was being changed and he couldn't pay for it because of lack of card. So it was an embarrassing situation to deal with to begin with but it took awhile for his ride to get him and for him to get home.

Well, while we were waiting, me and my three year old were getting hungry. It was way passed lunch time and so I cracked open the strawberries and me and her started eating them. Now before you ask, it's a prepriced item. We're paying a set price for the case instead of paying by the pound like you would with other fruits you pack yourself. By the time my husband got back and saw that we had almost eaten all the strawberries, he rolled his eyes at us then checked out.

He waited till we were in the car to tell me that he was upset that we would eat food we hadn't bought yet and that I shouldn't do it anymore, especially with our daughter. That day was bad so I didnt say anything about it except that I was hungry and so was our daughter.

So reddit, AITA for eating fruit that I haven't bought yet even though I have full intentions of buying them?

Always wanted to get inside the mind of these gluttonous sickos

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for eating strawberries at the store before buying them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeplVT4qEZc

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Toxic masculinity is partially blinding your male child and then berating him for needing a night light because you destroyed his night vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Clearly a REAL man would walk around the house in BUDK night vision goggles and blind himself when he accidentally flicks on a light.