Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Cuba havinga secret sonic weapon that they used to give low grade diplomatic staff a headache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ikanreed posted:

Cuba havinga secret sonic weapon that they used to give low grade diplomatic staff a headache

that turned out to be crickets lmao

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wasn't funny then either

Hillary losing was pretyt tight

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Hillary lost to Trump

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
alright fellas, let's use some game theory to explain why bernie ruined hillarys chances of winning

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Halser posted:

Hillary lost to Trump

i mean, imagine if she'd just lost to marco rubio or something, that would just be lame

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If there was a civil war and the boers lost they could still incinerate the victors.

A conservative-leaning columnist visited a bunch of white South Africans during the '80s and came away basically ready to run guns to the Zulus so they could Isandlwana again but with automatic weapons.

Was this "Into Whitest Africa" by P J O'Rourke?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

babypolis posted:

still in the trump era its pretty quaint to think something as silly as a bad photo op could at one point ruin a campaign

It could ruin a democratic campaign.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Krazyface posted:

Hillary losing was pretyt tight

It was certainly funny

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

LastInLine posted:

Cuba has got to be the cushiest state department gig there is.

No diplomacy to deal with ever. Beautiful tropical island digs

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
https://mobile.twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/1061864358635077633?lang=en

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Flavius Aetass posted:

none of those types became good

he's gone into full libertarian whackadoo conspiracy territory, which is normally chuddy as gently caress but he's so far in that he's no longer really politically identifiable. I expect him to go all in on whoever picks up the chud mantle from Trump

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

LastInLine posted:

According to a study Canada commissioned last year it's even better. The noise was crickets, but the people may very well have been exposed to neurotoxins...

...as a result of increased fumigation by the embassies themselves.

So not only did we get owned by a bug, any harm was self-inflicted.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

christmas boots posted:

we get owned by a bug

And yet people try to claim Adam Friedland is a bad leftist

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Bush kept us safe©️

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I posted this one two years ago

quote:

Keith Olbermann confidently retires with an article proclaiming that there's no way the Trump presidency will survive past early 2018.
https://www.gq.com/story/keith-olbermann-my-work-is-done

quote:

Why I Think Trump Is Finished (And My Work Is Done)
After 187 episodes—and nearly half a billion views—Keith Olbermann signs off.

BY KEITH OLBERMANN
November 28, 2017

I am confident now, even more so than I have been throughout the last year, that this nightmare presidency of Donald John Trump will end prematurely—and end soon. And I am thus also confident that this is the correct moment to end this series of commentaries.

The important stuff first.

There are seven routes in front of Trump. Each, inevitably, ends in his impeachment or resignation.
The 7 are
-Mueller makes a deal with Flynn and proves a Trump-Russia collaboration
-Mueller gets Trump et. al. on obstruction of justice and is impeached and removed
-Trump resigns or is sold out by people who have dirt on him
-Republicans impeach of remove Trump to save their own asses
-25th amendment
-Democrats win the house in midterms and sway 25 Republican votes in the Senate
-Sexual assault victim comes forward with tangible evidence

quote:

even freight trains rushing at him. He might avoid a few. He might avoid six of them. He’s not going to dance his way out from under all seven. And we, I think, should try to put ourselves in the mindset of those Americans who knew Richard Nixon was guilty-as-hell after John Dean finished testifying on June 27, 1973 but were left wondering if there would ever be a way to prove it, and were left listening to a majority of the country saying Dean was lying, and were left watching nearly the entirety of the gullible news media saying this was nonsense: ‘Why would a president, even one as crazy as Nixon, ever do this, and more importantly even if he were somehow guilty how would he ever be dumb enough to leave any evidence of his guilt?’ And 16 days later it turned out virtually everything in the Oval Office had been taped and the ballgame was over even though it would last another 13 months.

Well this ballgame is also over. And I don’t think it’s going to last another 13 months.

And so this series is over.

Azathoth posted:

he's gone into full libertarian whackadoo conspiracy territory, which is normally chuddy as gently caress but he's so far in that he's no longer really politically identifiable. I expect him to go all in on whoever picks up the chud mantle from Trump
my favorite was him, on his show Conspiracy Theory, angrily shaking the chain link gate at the HAARP facility, screaming into the intercom that he's a veteran navy seal and former governor and demanding to be let in. the person on the intercom calmly and politely told him that the facility wasn't staffed for tours and that he was welcome at the annual open house event.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
hearing about people who were watching keith olbermann in 2005 hooting while pumping their fists in the air every time he calls gwb 'sir'

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

every time john oliver dropped a sick burn on Trump like calling him "Drumpf" and liberals acting like his entire career was done

and still calling him "Drumpf" after 4 years.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

Bush kept us safe©️

ah, the ppj of presidents

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Rich Sanchez's anti-semitic meltdown

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Keith Olbermann

All of it

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
mohammed bonesaw man

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Echo Chamber posted:

Rich Sanchez's anti-semitic meltdown

I hate the Jews Murty

aww geez Rich

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

every time john oliver dropped a sick burn on Trump like calling him "Drumpf" and liberals acting like his entire career was done

john oliver, giddy, begging trump to run for president

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Dreylad posted:

john oliver, giddy, begging trump to run for president

oh yeah lmao

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

every shitlib who rolled their eyes at chuds calling obama barfsack ocrumbo now call trump drumpf or cheeto without a hint of self-awareness

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I don't even hate JO but god drat that poo poo was embarrassing

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
When Crown Prince Dipendra of Nepal was crowned king as he convalesced from a self-inflicted gunshot wound incurred after he committed a Chris Benoit style massacre of his entire family. He died three days or so into his reign lol

This was in 2001

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

GalacticAcid posted:

When Crown Prince Dipendra of Nepal was crowned king as he convalesced from a self-inflicted gunshot wound incurred after he committed a Chris Benoit style massacre of his entire family. He died three days or so into his reign lol

This was in 2001

looked this up and wiki says he was right-handed but shot himself in the left temple, and they did no forensic analysis whatsoever, so that's hilarious too

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

GalacticAcid posted:

This was in 2001

The Nepali Army refused to support the monarchy because it was unwilling to take up arms against its own civilians, saying it was "a police matter," so the monarchists had to make an armed police force ala the US.

The PRC armed the monarchists to help them suppress the Maoists.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
five years ago at this time, the overwhelming favorite to win the republican nomination was Jeb Bush

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Tulip posted:

The Nepali Army refused to support the monarchy because it was unwilling to take up arms against its own civilians, saying it was "a police matter," so the monarchists had to make an armed police force ala the US.

The PRC armed the monarchists to help them suppress the Maoists.

:thunk:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Zoran posted:

looked this up and wiki says he was right-handed but shot himself in the left temple, and they did no forensic analysis whatsoever, so that's hilarious too

i always figured that was everyone involved agreeing on a convenient lie because whoever killed him is high enough up in the line of succession that whatever conspiracy theories come from the cover-up are way less harmful than the inevitable "killed the crown prince to assume the throne himself" conspiracy theory that would surely have arisen if all the facts were known

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Remember when someone found that video of AOC dancing and thought it would be super embarrassing for her

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Joe the Plumber wasn't actually a plumber

his name was samuel wurzelbacher and not only was he not a plumber, he was basically just telling stories about how he was totally going to buy a plumbing business even though he didn't have money to do it and probably didn't know how to run it anyways. he then ran for congress in ohio and only got 23% of the vote in the general.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

LastInLine posted:

several of the people who complained it were also examined and diagnosed with light brain damage as a result of exposure to it. i don't think crickets cause brain damage so it raises the question of whether the government just made that poo poo up or a few cuban embassy workers all just happen to have brain damage for some reason.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Andrea Dworkin threatened to murder Allen Ginsburg for hitting on her underage nephew

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

several of the people who complained it were also examined and diagnosed with light brain damage as a result of exposure to it. i don't think crickets cause brain damage so it raises the question of whether the government just made that poo poo up or a few cuban embassy workers all just happen to have brain damage for some reason.

They made up the brain damage because they were embarrassed they made such a fuss about crickets.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

They just hired people with preexisting brain damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

taqueso posted:

They just hired people with preexisting brain damage.

maybe the ambassador smacks people on the face when he's upset