Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
today my unit received a care package from the children of south bend indiana thanking us for our service. these were some highlights (i have more i want to grab tomorrow)

front:

back:

front:

back:

front (no back):

back (no front):

thanks for writing!

and then my favorite of them all:

front:

back:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

They approached like 4 other Dadchat posters first iirc

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

both the pigs are cross-eyed :3

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Homura and Sickle posted:

today my unit received a care package from the children of south bend indiana thanking us for our service. these were some highlights (i have more i want to grab tomorrow)

Congrats on hearing from Mayor Pete.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sinnlos posted:

They approached like 4 other Dadchat posters first iirc

only four before they settled on mr sterilise-the-darky-jews

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like mods skew younger because of the youthful zeal of wanting to participate and change the system, especially in a political oriented chat forum, as well as the greybeard veteran goons both have a weighter badposting history as well as understand the futility of trying to herd goons not to be terrible

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

luxury handset posted:

i feel like mods skew younger because of the youthful zeal of wanting to participate and change the system, especially in a political oriented chat forum, as well as the greybeard veteran goons both have a weighter badposting history as well as understand the futility of trying to herd goons not to be terrible

You do have a point that the D&D mods have tended to be the youngest group.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
also: younger people tend to have more free time to spend on being forced to read the worst posts and think about them

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

luxury handset posted:

also: younger people tend to have more free time to spend on being forced to read the worst posts and think about them

enough about your daughters painful childhood

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

toby has your number lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

luxury handset posted:

dealing with a bunch of overdramatic 30somethings was weirdly reminiscent of high school for sure

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

exmarx posted:

dealing with a bunch of overdramatic 30somethings was weirdly reminiscent of high school for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrxI_euTX4A

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

esto es malo posted:

enough about your daughters painful childhood

her childhood is wonderful, because all the pain she feels is inflicted on me

i've had to figure out a children's entertainer for her next birthday party and that is, an experience

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

exmarx posted:

toby has your number lol

surprisingly when my boss was going through these and came upon this one i was not the soldier that he turned to and said "this one is clearly for you" and handed it to

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

surprisingly when my boss was going through these and came upon this one i was not the soldier that he turned to and said "this one is clearly for you" and handed it to

lmao

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol QCS opened and the first thread is asking for FYAD back in a roundabout way

can't fault them for speed

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i can't believe the c-spam conspiracy thread was finally closed by a d&d mod... this is tumeke

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

*hands out paper bags* we must be prepared for Zouxes Return. He cannot yet take mortal form, but I assure you his takes have lost none of their potency

drat dude sorry about your av

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

WoodrowSkillson posted:

zoux fuckin still posts all the time he just does not post here as he actually has the integrity to stay gone when he said he would

but he said he was gonna come back after the weekend!!!

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

back (no front):

thanks for writing!

This kid understands war imo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

they even gave him a grief seed

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

saw three hundred posts checking the thread this morning is cspam still shouting attica

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

luxury handset posted:

my interests are niche enough that i can keep a small backlog, it's more that i'm just not watching much tv these days and hardly any movies

due to the flood of Peak Content i think some folks specialize a bit so they can stay informed about trends and developments in a certain sector of media distraction. like, i'm a video game guy, a friend of mine is a book guy (i have no idea how but he reads like ten books a week) another friend of mine is a music guy, i have a friend who focuses on international period dramas, things like that - so when folks find something really exceptional they can recommend it and generally get positive feedback on it rather than everyone sort of fumbling along in there just being a hundred thousand "pretty good" shows, films, albums, books, games, etc.

i just end up rotating my interests every couple of months. like sometimes i'm into guitar stuff, then the next month maybe it's car stuff, then pc stuff.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Berke Negri posted:

saw three hundred posts checking the thread this morning is cspam still shouting attica

not anymore. they've reopened qcs but with an overly complicated 'ticketing' system, which they're sort of making up as they go along and which i'm guessing will fall apart in the next couple of days.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
should have just followed the suggestion to put QCS in RFA so people that post too much in it get cancer

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i'm a bit annoyed b/c i was just about to make a rly good post in the c-spam thread... guess no one will ever see it now :(

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

it was mostly just dadchat golden era style posting from the people of those days just appreciate this for the few days it lats until this thread returns to oblivion

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

pin the thread cowards....or face the mite of a dozen thirty year olds that barely post anymore

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

exmarx posted:

i'm a bit annoyed b/c i was just about to make a rly good post in the c-spam thread... guess no one will ever see it now :(

post it here out of context

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Tesseraction posted:

they even gave him a grief seed

lmao my first thought upon seeing it this morning

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

front:

back:

front:

back:

front (no back):

back (no front):

thanks for writing!

and then my favorite of them all:

front:

back:

what’s happening on the black hole card

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Tesseraction posted:

post it here out of context

i was gonna quote a post from somebody's prewoke period (i.e. <4 years ago) but make it seem like it was by the plane mod, and go 'yikes'

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

exmarx posted:

i was gonna quote a post from somebody's prewoke period (i.e. <4 years ago) but make it seem like it was by the plane mod, and go 'yikes'

not me i hope

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

exmarx posted:

oh yeah that's pretty good

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

exmarx posted:

post the quote where bernie talks about like 14 year old girls first sexual encounters and say it was party plane jones

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if you've ever tried to track doxxers across multiple discords, you know how incredibly fleet of finger they can be

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Actually, you tell racist people they are racist what happens is that they almost always double down. They work TWICE as hard at campaigning, spreading their lies and their bullshit. And if you wrongly accused someone of being a racist, they'll tend to resent you just to piss you off if anything else. And that bullshit then reaches out to more ignorant people, makes them more afraid - and that's when insane things, such as the Leave campaign actually winning (I never even remotely thought it would, because of how utterly retarded that would be), become possible in a democracy.

Like, Jesus H. Christ. I cannot believe you far-left petunias still haven't figured this poo poo out. The more you scream this at them, the more they will double-down on their idiocy and not consider your points of view. Another example of this is the whole Gamergate fiasco, where pretty much every major gaming news outlet published simultaneously articles of how 'gamers are done' and how sexist they were all being. Did that stop them? gently caress no! They went berserk and their idiocy and ignorance spun out of control, to the point where both sides are making everything toxic online about this issue.

To stop this the only thing I can think of is an education system reworked from the ground up, as in how it is done, what the criteria for success are, ect. And I'm not talking about higher education either, that one actually works relatively well against ignorance - moreso the basic school system. Alternatively, I guess you can keep screaming 'racism' on the internet or in people's faces or have special 'sensitivity workshops', that will only tackle the root cause to insanity such as this piecemeal.

yikes!

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

party plane jones posted:

When I see the children of the c-spam posters, I want to smell their scent, and I lose myself

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

well that's definitely not my writing style at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

that's aatrek you can't fool me