Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Welcome back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

dwarf74 posted:

Welcome back!

YESSSSSS
update on last page btw

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Ash and Pikachu (and two others, I guess?) ride again!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Slaan posted:

You need at least three to party.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Slaan posted:

Wow, what am I, chopped liver?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
lol I forgot about the Lina "Megumin" Inverse compromise.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I forget, am I able to range to a hex without a monster and then AoE onto a target or does at least one target have to be in range?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Additionally, am I able to pop my Mana Potion or is it too late?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Some Numbers posted:

I forget, am I able to range to a hex without a monster and then AoE onto a target or does at least one target have to be in range?

Yes, the "initial" target hex can be empty, as long as part of the AoE hits a monster.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Some Numbers posted:

Additionally, am I able to pop my Mana Potion or is it too late?

I would say you're good to go since we have not started the next Round, same as the Stamina Potion usage so far. Also what Phelddagrif said about the AoE targeting. Also also, since we're talking Spellweaver targeting, Impaling Eruption text says Target all enemies on the path to the primary Target but it never specifies the path has to be a straight line, so you are free to "draw" the path to the Target, in case it wasn't clear.

By the way, everyone has replied so far, so we shouldn't have any awol players; but I'm still waiting for orders from 1 player to update! :)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The card does not specify how to draw it so let's use some common sense.

I propose the path has to follow pulling rules, so each new hex has to be closer to the primary target than the previous one.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Omobono posted:

I propose the path has to follow pulling rules, so each new hex has to be closer to the primary target than the previous one.

This has been directly addressed in the FAQ, you are free to draw whatever wonky path you want. Your proposal would seriously hinder an already lagging card

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Kaza42 posted:

This has been directly addressed in the FAQ, you are free to draw whatever wonky path you want. Your proposal would seriously hinder an already lagging card

Yeah, the card has been FAQ'd since it's not exactly clear.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Omobono posted:

Common sense has no place in game rules.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Fair enough. Bring on the trick shots.

Doesn't that mean that card then effectively reads "attack all enemies in line of sight"?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Orders in!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Omobono posted:

Fair enough. Bring on the trick shots.

Doesn't that mean that card then effectively reads "attack all enemies in line of sight"?

No, because you can only draw the path through 4 hexes.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

No, because you can only draw the path through 4 hexes.

Yeah, you have to start the path in an hex adjacent to you, and the last hex must contain the Target; that leaves you with 2 extra hexes that have to connect the first and the last one.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

That Italian Guy posted:

Yeah, you have to start the path in an hex adjacent to you, and the last hex must contain the Target; that leaves you with 2 extra hexes that have to connect the first and the last one.

It is a good candidate for +1 range though

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'm still a bit rusty it seems and I forgot to turn on my remote machine today...I may be able to get it up and running at a decent time later today (mid afternoon EU time), otherwise we'll have to wait till tomorrow for the update! Apologies for the inconvenience.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Clockwork Cove 5A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Minor Mana Potion, generates FIRE. FIRE is now waning.
"Scenario Special Rules:
"

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand2, Discarded4, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 70 with Impaling Eruption and Cold Fire.
(Hand2, Discarded4, Active0, Lost2)

70. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Some Numbers) posted:

code:
"IMPALING ERUPTION (70) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range4 - Additionally, Target all enemies on the path to the primary Target - XP1 for each enemy Targeted - Generate EARTH - LOSS
BOT: MOVE4"

"COLD FIRE (67) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, see Template - Consume FIRE, +2ATK - Consume ICE, STUN
BOT: LOOT2 - LOSS"
Pikachu (Hand5, Discarded4, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 81 with Relentless Ally and Vicious Ally.

81. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"RELENTLESS ALLY (81) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: Summon Tattered Wolf (HP4, MOVE3, ATK2) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"

"VICIOUS ALLY (86) [Lvl3]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: Summon Swamp Alligator (HP5, MOVE2, ATK3, IMMOBILIZE) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2, Target2 - XP1"
Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 99 with Long Rest and Brain Leech.

99. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
Master Splinter will recover all discarded cards and chose one from the discard pile to LOSE. They will also recover 2HP and refresh all the items that have been SPENT.
SalTheBard you have lost Brain Leech during the Long Rest, please let me know if you want to reroll that!

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Good time to use them boots of speed.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Okay I’m going to shoot and Stun the Ooze and Cannon and then probably skip my second action, intending to Long Rest next round.

Sound good?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Clockwork Cove 5B

- Pikachu is at Boots of Speed! Initiative changed to 91.

70. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Some Numbers) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Cold Fire (top)! Consumes ICE and FIRE. Attacks Ooze 9 for 3 (3base, +1mod ,SHIELD1) damage! Attacks Ancient Artillery 2 for 1 (3base, -2mod) damage! LOSS card!
Ooze 9 is at 4 HP and is STUNNED!
Ancient Artillery 2 is at 6 HP and is STUNNED!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Impaling Eruption (bot)! No action taken.

83. Stone Golems posted:

- Stone Golem 1 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves1 to D5. Trap in D5 activated! Stone Golem 1 suffers 4 trap damage.
Stone Golem 1 is at 7 HP

*91. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Elephant Ambush) posted:

Pikachu discards Vicious Ally! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Ash the Bear focuses Ancient Artillery 5(E)! Attacks Ancient Artillery 5(E) for 4 (2base, +3bonus, -1mod) damage!
Ancient Artillery 5(E) is killed!
- Pikachu uses Relentless Ally (bot)! Moves5 to Pressure Plate (a).

Hey Elephant Ambush your original order (use the top of Vicious Ally as a basic ATK2 if the Artillery was still alive) is not valid, cause you can't COMMAND basic actions (since they lack the COMMAND keyword). I tried to get along with the intent (use Vicious Ally to ensure the Artillery is dead) in a similar way, knowing that only a -2 or a NULL would prevent the Artillery from dying, so we should be good :)

94. Oozes posted:

Ooze 9 loses STUNNED token.

95. Ancient Artillery posted:

Ancient Artillery 2 loses STUNNED token.
Ancient Artillery 3 does nothing!

99. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

Master Splintertakes a Long Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, refreshes all SPENT items, HEALS2 Self. Loses Brain Leech.
Master Splinter is at 9 HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

"Scenario Special Rules:
"

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Note that the top of Cold Fire is NOT a loss.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Narsham posted:

Note that the top of Cold Fire is NOT a loss.

It is kinda weak without at least fire. With both elements it is insane.

By the way I missed the reason for the boots. The only thing that happened between initiative 81 and 91 was the golem faceplanting into a trap, and everything would have happened the same way.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

It is kinda weak without at least fire Ice. With both elements it is insane.
AoE non-loss stun > damage

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I’m planning to Long Rest. How long go you guys want to stay in this room?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Omobono posted:

It is kinda weak without at least fire. With both elements it is insane.

By the way I missed the reason for the boots. The only thing that happened between initiative 81 and 91 was the golem faceplanting into a trap, and everything would have happened the same way.

Yeah, I don't think it changed anything. Also, there's little point to standing on Pressure Plate A, since that only holds open door #1 for other players (and I don't think anyone's coming back to the entrance area).

TIG, the bear was strengthened for its attack and should no longer be buffed.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Omobono posted:

By the way I missed the reason for the boots.

If Megumin had killed the turret, or the bear's normal attack had done the job ; then he'd have been out of range of the golem. Depending on cards and such, the bear could have smacked the turret dead (possibly with a lucky crit), moved to the golem with its regular move and smacked it too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So are just not discussing anything with each other?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm sorry been busy. I don't really have anything this round since I'm long resting

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry been busy. I don't really have anything this round since I'm long resting

That was the last round :P

In fact, I am missing orders for this one :v:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

That Italian Guy posted:

That was the last round :P

In fact, I am missing orders for this one :v:

.... I'm sorry look at me in la la Land.

Will have that into you shortly

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Clockwork Cove 6A

- Cold Fire is not a LOSS card on the Spellweaver. Holy Moly!
- Pikachu's retconned position: hex G7, gains a coin token.
"Scenario Special Rules:
"

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Scurry.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"
Pikachu (Hand3, Discarded6, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 20 with Patch Fur and Spirit Swap.

20. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"PATCH FUR (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect all summoned Allies.
BOT: COMMAND - HEAL4, Self - XP1"

"SPIRIT SWAP (22) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - MOVE2 - XP1
BOT: Swap the position of any two enemies."
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand0, Discarded6, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 99 with Long Rest

99. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Some Numbers) posted:

code:
Lina Megumin Inverse will recover all discarded cards and chose one from the discard pile to LOSE. They will also recover 2HP and refresh all the items that have been SPENT.
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

O this is deeply minor and I might have even said it, but the color-scheme for the cards is super unhelpful for the colorblind fyi.

I’ve been playing the game for coming on 2 years so I could muscle through it, but the color system is useless to misleading to most colorblind people.

(Not knocking you TIG just trying to give helpful feedback ; this is quite probably the best LP I’ve ever seen. Just worried some other colorblind rando who doesn’t know the game will be confused.)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My plan is to stun the golem.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

O this is deeply minor and I might have even said it, but the color-scheme for the cards is super unhelpful for the colorblind fyi.

Mmm you mean in the Spreadsheet (IE: the active/current/discarded/lost color scheme)? Good call, I should probably look at some colorblind scheme to change that and update the conditional formatting to use those.

EDIT: I've tried swapping out to this palette (the one on top), it should accomodate most kinds of color blindness. Let me know how it goes!
- First color is Lost
- Second is Discarded
- Third is Active
- Fourth is Currently being played

The 4th one is a bit difficult to see, but otoh it's probably the least important out of the 4 color codes, so we should be good.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jan 14, 2020

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Where's the plate in the (currently) middle room, again? can Pikachu move into ash's room this turn?

this scenario is tricky with a beastmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I was just going to move up yo tank for you guys and clear Ash's poison but I'm open to other ideas. That cannon shot with splash damage is going to suck.