Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Araxxor posted:

Love to see Pokemon joining in on the classic "let's cut out content and sell it as paid DLC" Nintendo has been doing with the Switch.
This is the kind of stuff that happens when games don't go up in price.

Although Mario Odyssey is apparently doing the exact opposite where they sold a complete game and now I wish they hadn't so I can pay for more

Waltzing Along posted:

Wait...so the direct wasn't about new stuff? It was just some more Pokemon?

Wow. The year starts with a plop.
The Pokemon stuff... Is new? What is this post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Splash
May 30, 2011

I'll never say hole again.

The Bloop posted:

Yes, this particular Pokemon Direct was just about Pokemon
Oh, wait, was that what they were complaining about? It was specifically advertised as a Pokemon Direct.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
At least you can still be traded the re-added Pokémon if you don’t want the DLC. That’s neat

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Araxxor posted:

Love to see Pokemon joining in on the classic "let's cut out content and sell it as paid DLC" Nintendo has been doing with the Switch.

At least it's an improvement from the Pokemon status quo of having to buy a totally separate full-priced re-release to get extra content :shrug:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
The way they described those new zones, as big open areas where you can fully control the camera and go where you like and explore and find cool stuff, honestly sounds like what people were hoping Sword and Shield were going to be.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ve checked out of Pokemon until it gets a full reboot as Pokemon of the wild.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

repiv posted:

At least it's an improvement from the Pokemon status quo of having to buy a totally separate full-priced re-release to get extra content :shrug:

Predatory practices are still predatory practices.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Araxxor posted:

my friend have you ever heard of these games called
Pokémon Yellow
Pokemon Crystal
Pokémon Emerald
Pokémon Platinum
Pokémon Black and White 2
Pokemon Z
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

The way they described those new zones, as big open areas where you can fully control the camera and go where you like and explore and find cool stuff, honestly sounds like what people were hoping Sword and Shield were going to be.

finally the boys in the Pokemon Lab have achieved like Dragon Quest 8 Overworld tech

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

How many levels in Yoshi's CW feature that awful mecha?

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

How many levels in Yoshi's CW feature that awful mecha?

Just one! And it will still make you want to kill yourself!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Looking forward to reviving discussion on how Pokémon is actually the worst franchise of all time.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Dell comin for the switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gWqmZ05kq8

You come for the king......

I don't care how big the screen is, that controller looks uncomfortable AF.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Araxxor posted:

Predatory practices are still predatory practices.

:thunk:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bad posters are still bad posters.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I mean those look like 2 substantial additions with a lot of new stuff to do and you don't even need to buy them to have trade access to the new pokemon but yeah sure, predatory

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The claim of cut content is bullshit since they didn't even start development of the content until they completed the base game.

The Splash
May 30, 2011

I'll never say hole again.

Looks like the Mystery Dungeon DX demo is live if anyone else wants to preload it:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-rescue-team-dx-switch/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What kind of stuff is in the Pokémon expansions anyway

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Literally all DLC is finished content that was maliciously cut out of the main game and put behind a paywall. I have a very good understanding of game development.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1215310554857975808

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

John Romero's Gonna Make You His Switch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is there Buckethead dlc?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Augus posted:

Literally all DLC is finished content that was maliciously cut out of the main game and put behind a paywall. I have a very good understanding of game development.

nintendo dlc is good and trash mon is the best pokemon ever created

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Thom P. Tiers posted:

nintendo dlc is good and trash mon is the best pokemon ever created

people who don’t like Trubbish and Garbador are scum and I will destroy them

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Augus posted:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Augus posted:

True

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Araxxor posted:

Weren't people calling this months ago? And being told "nu uh there's no way they would add more Pokemon ever"?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
At least they’re not selling them at least. They’re selling the option to catch them

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Len posted:

Weren't people calling this months ago? And being told "nu uh there's no way they would add more Pokemon ever"?

hatty posted:

At least they’re not selling them at least. They’re selling the option to catch them

The old Pokemon aren't included in the DLC, they're coming in an update for everyone.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wow the thing that has happened with every single Pokemon game released happened again with this one, only this time it costs $30 less. loving Nintendo!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Gripweed posted:

The old Pokemon aren't included in the DLC, they're coming in an update for everyone.

So it's even better because they aren't selling you the new old Pokemon they're just giving then out.

But that doesn't change the fact that any suggestion of Pokemon being added in later was met with "NO MORE EVER" and a screed about Mareep

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Augus posted:

fact

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Hey how do I stop sucking at Into the Breach?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Montalvo posted:

What's your main problem, meaning 'in which way do you suck, specifically?'

Personal question, I know.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

That's awesome! I might actually download Doom now.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
https://twitter.com/dbMisadventure/status/1215299169163845632?s=20

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Montalvo posted:

in my case it was play a dozen times badly then it clicks and you demolish and 100% the game

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

Yes, this particular Pokemon Direct was just about Pokemon

It wasn't about the good Pokemon game! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's your main problem, meaning 'in which way do you suck, specifically?'

Personal question, I know.

In a multitude of ways but when it comes to Into the Breach I usually have a very hard time with map control and keeping the grid powered. I can usually make it past the first island but barely, and on subsequent islands I either get killed or just take one too many hits to the buildings. I'm usually unable to kill off more than a handful of enemies, so on most maps I am constantly scrambling to mitigate damage, rather than being on the offensive.

e: also Stardew Valley is on sale for 10 bucks on the e-shop https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/stardew-valley-switch/