Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
how you gonna make an "infiltrate (x)" plan with zero logistics or know-how smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
the biggest problem with "infiltrate this hate group" is it involves putting all your trust in a white man and you can never do that

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
All white men are bad

except for me; I’m one of the good ones right???

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm good

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Magic posted:

All white men are bad

except for me; I’m one of the good ones right???

Good thing I'm the kind of white that most whites have historically hated. This immediately makes me a good one.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Mekchu posted:

Good thing I'm the kind of white that most whites have historically hated. This immediately makes me a good one.
I keep trying to remember the name of this ethnic group of white, in Europe, that everyone in Europe hated

Unfortunately googling "ethnic groups Europeans hated" is, you know, a lot of unfortunate results

edit: just to be clear it wasn't Jewish people or any major group you'd remember, just some villages in like northeastern france or something, it came up in some studies on how bonkers racism is

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 9, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm sorry for being so bad. i also squandered some of my privilege by being poor now. i recognize that i have not actually lost any of it, but i am trying to get across that i bet many of you who are not white men would have done great things in my place. i'm going to watch terrace house

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spiderdrake posted:

I keep trying to remember the name of this ethnic group of white, in Europe, that everyone in Europe hated

Unfortunately googling "ethnic groups Europeans hated" is, you know, a lot of unfortunate results

edit: just to be clear it wasn't Jewish people or any major group you'd remember, just some villages in like northeastern france or something, it came up in some studies on how bonkers racism is

Slavs are a group that have regularly hosed with by the rest of Europeans. As have the Romani.

Anyway thats way off topic/a discussion I'd rather not get into. It was just a one off joke. (Which was probably poorly done).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Spiderdrake posted:

I remember what you're talking about, said group was basically an Untouchables kind of situation

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Mekchu posted:

Anyway thats way off topic/a discussion I'd rather not get into. It was just a one off joke. (Which was probably poorly done).
Nah it was a different group, I just can't remember.

I enjoyed your joke but it reminded me of something I've been trying to recall for like two years.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't watch that show i said i was going to go watch because i didn't know the new episode doesn't come out for a few more days. I watched some mandalorian instead. What are you watching?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My life spiral out of control.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Drew McIntyre posted:

i'll just say this. if you to go AGDQ and say you're "speedrunning" "The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth," but you're actually running a version that mods the game to give you two active item slots, the D6, and a game carrying item right from the start, and instead of instantly dying, you get a 45 second timeout, you aren't actually speedrunning The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. and i will complain about this until i am banned from Twitch chat

Somehow this is more depressing than actual nazis. What the gently caress.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Spiderdrake posted:

The ethnic group everyone in Europe hates is the Romani aka Gypsies. It's loving grim.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jerusalem posted:

Also Punished Venom Snake doesn't kill people, he knocks them out and balloons them to his base so he can sneak around choking them out and they thank him for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh8zcbC_Dcw

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

The ethnic group everyone in Europe hates is the Romani aka Gypsies. It's loving grim.

People are very lovely to Romani, to the point where a lot of Roma people will hide their identity. I used to work with a Roma woman who told me that she has an entire "identity" she puts on for going to work. Not just different clothes but a different accent and even different body language, because doesn't trust how people would treat her otherwise.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I loving love your name here. I still laugh when I see it sometimes.

I mean, polyamory is right there. gently caress cheating.

Finally realizing that the mixture of emotions and urges and confusion about the way most relationships seem to work was actually polyamorous tendencies might be the best thing that's ever happened to me tbh. I definitely have some monogamous aspects but I don't understand the way some people monopolize or lock down love and attraction. Also I just realized I may not have told RR I'm poly (I did on Twitter tho) so yeah that's a thing.

Three out of the last four nights or thereabouts I've literally been up all night because my depression and anxiety leaves me unable to sleep. It's a real bitch.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

In about an hour I'm seeing The Lighthouse and after it Cats. Classic horror double feature, first some psychological horror and then body/existential horror

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I thought Awful Block was tonight, not last night. Not that I'd be able to stay up and watch but I get to take my time enjoying the Awful when I get home from work! :woop:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
My wife and I spent a long time establishing our polyamorous boundaries so that we could be in a long relationship with each other, which we both wanted, and we’ve both barely taken advantage of polyamory because we are introverted af and dating is a lot of loving work. I don’t know how y’all do it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't lol. I started dating my wife on April 11, 2004 and got married on Nov 20 2006 and that's been it lol. We were actual high school sweethearts who got together at the tender age of 18. This year will make 16 years of being together.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Any Jazz fans in here? Been really digging Freddie Hubbard's "Backlash" lately, especially the song "Little Sunflower" just really good vibe music with a tinge of the psychedelic.

If anyone is interested in getting into Jazz I recommend Blue Note's compilations, they cover a wide array of artists and styles and usually feature some of the best music of the time. In my mind Jazz is one of the only good American inventions, it's done a lot for me over the years to help with PTSD and anxiety disorders.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I gave up on poly stuff a while ago. Its too much effort for very brief rewards. Hats off to people that can navigate all the bullshit, its not for me. Hell I'm still learning how to navigate my wife's verbal and nonverbal cues, much less add in someone else's.

Plus the nightmares make sharing a bed with more than one person rather hazardous for all involved.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Any Jazz fans in here? Been really digging Freddie Hubbard's "Backlash" lately, especially the song "Little Sunflower" just really good vibe music with a tinge of the psychedelic.

If anyone is interested in getting into Jazz I recommend Blue Note's compilations, they cover a wide array of artists and styles and usually feature some of the best music of the time. In my mind Jazz is one of the only good American inventions, it's done a lot for me over the years to help with PTSD and anxiety disorders.

Jazz is real good I love it. I'm such a philistine because I haven't moved far beyond the classics yet but guys like Thelonious Monk and Max Roach and The Bird all own.

Also everyone should listen to Miles Davis's Bitches Brew at least once, it's loving weird and great.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sun Rah is the goddamn man.

As far as jazz goes I lean more towards the soul and afro-centric styles. Bigger vocals, deeper rhythms, less pretentiousness. I ended up getting into that kidna of stuff thanks to the inappropriately named Acid Jazz music genre that's come and gone.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Lighthouse was loving amazing y’all.

Luckily seeing Cats in two hours so I’ll end the day with a bad taste in my mouth

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

extradite THIS! posted:

The Lighthouse was loving amazing y’all.

Luckily seeing Cats in two hours so I’ll end the day with a bad taste in my mouth

i’m eating a bunch of edibles and going after work

cheers

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cats and Lighthouse were the two most fun experiences I had at the theater last year.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

coconono posted:

Plus the nightmares make sharing a bed with more than one person rather hazardous for all involved.

This. I have enough trouble keeping my wife happy, let alone another person.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

i’m eating a bunch of edibles and going after work

cheers

Nice

I’m just getting a bit drunk woo

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sniper nest Pokemon is truly bizarre

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I love my dead console, Vita to bits even though I don't play it at all anymore and can't beat any of its games. I thought I would buy it for the racy anime games but it's such a good system for games beyond that.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Sniper nest Pokemon is truly bizarre

what

TV Zombie posted:

I love my dead console, Vita to bits even though I don't play it at all anymore and can't beat any of its games. I thought I would buy it for the racy anime games but it's such a good system for games beyond that.

ugh

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you know there's a anime racing game where you are a magical girl that rides other magical girls to fame and glory?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I remember that quest from Fallout: New Vegas

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

the only good pokemon is snorlax and quite frankly he should count as legendary

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Boom - headshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NZDwZbyDus

A long time ago someone posted a parody of this replacing the sniper with Garrus Vakarian and man I wish I could find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dromal phrenia posted:

the only good pokemon is snorlax and quite frankly he should count as legendary

I got like 20 of the fuckin things in my box. Along with a bunch of lvl 70 magikarps.