Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
tired: eating rear end
wired: rear end eating

I'm bringing the Murphy drip back for the 20s.

The consumption of undrinkably strong coffee through a Murphy drip was a common treatment for shock in 1943.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lmao wait is black and tans raelly number one on the music charts i thought that was a joke

hahahahahaha

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

His father is Prince Charles.

And if you bring biology into this you can gently caress off. Charles raised him, hes his father

rofl

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

OwlFancier posted:

In that case probably not unless they were using the helicopter wrong. They try not to do the vietnam thing as a matter of course because it results in a lot of shot down helicopters.

It was a Apache gunship, as the co-pilot/gunner apparantly according to wiki, with him becoming craft commander after Afghanistan. Which I suspect to be wrong as the co-pilot gunner is the senior position normaly, because both are qualified pilots with a set of controls.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Basing paternity on biology is dumb as poo poo.

The royal family is a thousand year old institution that bases paternity on biology.

Therefore we can deduce certain things about the royal family.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
100% they sent him there hoping he'd die

like will was a sirch and rescue pilot not sent off to afghanistan

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Guavanaut posted:

undrinkably strong coffee

scuse me??

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AlexanderCA posted:

It was a Apache gunship, as the co-pilot/gunner apparantly according to wiki, with him becoming craft commander after Afghanistan. Which I suspect to be wrong as the co-pilot gunner is the senior position normaly, because both are qualified pilots with a set of controls.

Oh right thought they meant door gunner. I did have a memory of him being a pilot so that would make more sense.

Also yeah gunner's in charge in a gunship because the clue's in the name.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

baka kaba posted:

scuse me??
You can try to drink the butt coffee if you want.

OwlFancier posted:

Also yeah gunner's in charge in a gunship because the clue's in the name.
But a gunship is a type of helicopter and a gunboat is a type of ship, so why should I expect anything else in the name to make sense?

And why isn't a gunhelicopter a type of boat?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What happens if you buttchug the cat turd coffee?

Other than obviously.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

What happens if you buttchug the cat turd coffee?
civet nationalism

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
By naval logic, every gunship should have a couple of gunboats hanging off it. Typical privileged royals playing on easy mode.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
harry bought the paid dlc

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
andrew bought the paed dlc

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Guavanaut posted:

andrew bought the paed dlc

Downloadable Child?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the only parent harry needs is :thermidor:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Downloadable Child?

dubiously legal copulation

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Gibbo knew.

Seriously though, today has been terrible. I had a leftover Camembert, which I decided to bake so I could dip chips in it. It simply exploded all over the baking tray. And now I find that this vile wench has bewitched our Harry and stolen him away to pagan lands :argh:

Still at least there's only 4 million children in poverty, eh lads.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did you cut the top of it? It'll go pop if you don't.

Also if you cook it in either the little wooden thing some of them come in, or a dish, that helps.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

cool to see the prison service is handling its chronic lack of money well

https://twitter.com/Cambslive/status/1215340117944152065?s=20

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

How the gently caress do you get a suicide vest in prison lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How do you manage to get your hands on explosives but not a knife?

Alternatively is a suicide vest just a knitted jumper at this point?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

marktheando posted:

Provide minors to royalty.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just heard a 2-min segment on the R4 news about the dire state of the NHS without once mentioning the words 'money', 'budget' or 'austerity' lmao

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

marktheando posted:

i had that same reaction - they're fake

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

bump_fn posted:

100% they sent him there hoping he'd die

like will was a sirch and rescue pilot not sent off to afghanistan

I know it's considered cool to hate the Royals in this thread, but Harry literally demanded to be deployed with his regiment on active service because he wasn't going to exploit his privilege to sit on his arse while everyone else went. It's not an uncommon opinion that it's a shame he's the younger son.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

ngl i really want to experience an earthquake about a 7 on the Richter scale

Come down to London and experience the Central Line between Bank and Holborn, it's much the same thing.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Come down to London and experience the Central Line between Bank and Holborn, it's much the same thing.

you forgot the part where it's at least 200 degrees also

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

I believe Oh dear me's referring to the fact that people endorsing RLB for leader are endorsing Burgon for deputy instead of Rayner, i.e. explicitly breaking that ticket. It is weird.

Yes, exactly, thank you.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I don’t think Richard Burgon is dense?? He’s been a consistent and good supporter of Corbyn from day 1, he’s really good on social media

Ok, good. I wasn't doubting his soundness but I thought I remembered people in this thread groaning at his TV performances (I haven't seen any).

Mostly though I'd like to know why people aren't supporting Angela for deputy, I'd have voted for her as leader if she hadn't made way for RLB, and it did seem as though they were going to be a team.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Never liked Barry Gardiner that much, no real reason except gut feeling. Interesting to find out he backed the Iraq war and absolutely loving adores Modi.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Oh dear me posted:

Yes, exactly, thank you.

Ok, good. I wasn't doubting his soundness but I thought I remembered people in this thread groaning at his TV performances (I haven't seen any).

Mostly though I'd like to know why people aren't supporting Angela for deputy, I'd have voted for her as leader if she hadn't made way for RLB, and it did seem as though they were going to be a team.

I asked a very good friend of mine who is quite high up in a union this question and whilst he prefers Rayner (as do I) he thinks that a lot of the people backing Burgon are worried Rayner might be too outspoken as a deputy potentially setting up another Watson situation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I dunno if that would work if they're running on a joint ticket and have compatible politics?

Like the problem with watson is that he's a wasteman, not that he's an outspoken politician.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Julio Cruz posted:

you forgot the part where it's at least 200 degrees also

Can't remember if I posted this before

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/central-line-temperature-london-weather-heatwave

quote:

The London Underground is hot. But nowhere is hotter than the Central line, which is routinely so hot that it exceeds the EU limit at which it is legal to transport cows, sheep and pigs

When much of central London’s Tube network opened in the early 1900s, temperatures in tunnels and at stations were recorded at around 14C. But with nearly 80 per cent of energy dissipated by trains, people and related infrastructure seeping out into London’s clay, it’s been slowly heating up. So much so that the ambient temperature of the clay is now between 20C and 25C. Unlike the Victoria and Jubilee lines, London’s oldest tube lines, and the Central line in particular, suffer from having very few ventilation shafts. And with the Central line cutting a path through some of London’s most densely-populated and expensive postcodes, there are few options for introducing shafts now.

Literally just raising the temperature of the surrounding clay by ten degrees because it's running constantly. The joys of engineering problems for infrastructure over a century old.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
If RLB is further to the left than Rayner though and Rayner openly disagrees with RLB on policy it's another stick to beat the party with that distracts from the Tory poo poo show.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jess phillips has got the 22 nominations required to be in the election jfc

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Bacon Terrorist posted:

If RLB is further to the left than Rayner though and Rayner openly disagrees with RLB on policy it's another stick to beat the party with that distracts from the Tory poo poo show.

RLB and Rayner literally share a flat, I'm pretty sure they can get along.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose posted:

Of course she has, she's the melt extraordinaire.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jose posted:

Every poll has a Jessflips option and it always does well

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

marktheando posted:

RLB and Rayner literally share a flat, I'm pretty sure they can get along.

I know but I'm sure we can all think of friends with similar politics where we might not have the exact same ideas on certain things, there might just be a perception that Burgon is more reliable when it comes to following orders and holding his tongue, I don't know. This is just what I gathered from my friend who is out touring the country talking to a lot of the people doing the endorsements. I'm the same as the thread thinking it wouldnt be a problem and it weird to split the ticket but that's what some of them are trying to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure what the point of having a deputy leader is if they're just going to do what the leader tells them to do.