Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

tote up a bags posted:

I can't tell who the victim in the royals story is but Piers Morgan wrote an article in which he made HIMSELF the victim because Meghan wouldn't be friends with him after she met more famous people

I died and I'm in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

is it weird in the UK for 60 year old straight men like piers to care about royal gossip poo poo this much?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

tote up a bags posted:

I can't tell who the victim in the royals story is but Piers Morgan wrote an article in which he made HIMSELF the victim because Meghan wouldn't be friends with him after she met more famous people

Thanks for taking him off our hands, btw.

no takesies backsies

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Polo-Rican posted:

what's up with brexit? over here in america i haven't heard a peep about brexit in months and i can't find any news on it. hard brexit on the 31st? any talk of it being delayed again?

Withdrawal on the 31st, negotiations to "avoid" crashing out with no deal throughout the remainder of the year, crashing out with no deal on the 31st of next year.

Boris actually got Brexit done, by which I mean he's not actually going to do anything and it's gonna be a huge shitshow, but he told the press to stop using the word "Brexit" and they're not going to drill into how he's doing nothing else, so it's a win for him.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Farm Frenzy posted:

is it weird in the UK for 60 year old straight men like piers to care about royal gossip poo poo this much?

imagine not caring about who your rulers gently caress
Paradise

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

this is why nobody takes your little fairy tale-rear end country seriously anymore

Microcosm of britishness:

there's plenty good about Britain too though

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 18:07 on Jan 9, 2020

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lmao at Harry and Meghan corncobbing their racist relatives

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The only thing that makes sense is keeping their kid away from Andrew.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Private Speech posted:

there's plenty good about Britain too though

Well that stuff will get sold off to American business interests so

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Withdrawal on the 31st, negotiations to "avoid" crashing out with no deal throughout the remainder of the year, crashing out with no deal on the 31st of next year.

Boris actually got Brexit done, by which I mean he's not actually going to do anything and it's gonna be a huge shitshow, but he told the press to stop using the word "Brexit" and they're not going to drill into how he's doing nothing else, so it's a win for him.

Imagine winning a huge majority over your "Get Brexit Done" slogan then instead of working to get a decades worth of trade agreements sorted out in only 12 months you swan off to the Bahamas for a few weeks.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

The important thing to understand about Boris is that he is very lazy. This means he will either agree to all the EU demands or leave without a deal, because negotiating is too much hard work.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

marktheando posted:

The important thing to understand about Boris is that he is very lazy. This means he will either agree to all the EU demands or leave without a deal, because negotiating is too much hard work.

Also those are the only two things that can be achieved in 12 months.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/jessmcguire/status/1215085239497703424?s=21

as an American I only watch the BBC to see how we’re viewed in the rest of the world but from over here it seems like they are making a way bigger deal out of Meghan and her Husband leaving than anything about Andrew.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE

https://twitter.com/Sovereigniho/status/1215135924708892673

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

as an American I only watch the BBC to see how we’re viewed in the rest of the world but from over here it seems like they are making a way bigger deal out of Meghan and her Husband leaving than anything about Andrew.

“a wet rock covered in racist barbarians”

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Bust Rodd posted:

the funny thing is that the BBC foreign coverage is actually more progressive then the domestic one, for the most part

it's also run by/for foreign affairs and doesn't have the same even-handed mandate

makes you think

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1215325066218680322

well, here comes hell

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Looking forward to the Brexit civil war, now that the royal family can be represented by two rival claimants to the throne. Anything less would simply be a disappointment, given all the buildup.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

What did they even pass? Was this that really dumb thing they were dealing with before the election or is this a new freshly repackaged turd of some kind.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The day of Brexit is fast at hand

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Looking forward to the Brexit civil war, now that the royal family can be represented by two rival claimants to the throne. Anything less would simply be a disappointment, given all the buildup.

Harry is a bastard, it's a choice between pathetic soft weak German William and the true King Franz, Duke of Bavaria

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

marktheando posted:

Harry is a bastard, it's a choice between pathetic soft weak German William and the true King Franz, Duke of Bavaria
A great twist for next season.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Farm Frenzy posted:

Piers is extremely mad at Meghan for apparently snubbing him at some awards do or a dinner or something. And I do mean *extremely* mad

https://twitter.com/youwouldknow/status/1215329629730418688

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

What did they even pass? Was this that really dumb thing they were dealing with before the election or is this a new freshly repackaged turd of some kind.

We just leave and go into a transition period. Now we try and make trade deals and get hosed over by everyone only the getting hosed over bit is actually a bonus for Boris and his friends so they have no incentive to get good deals at all.

The system works.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys should show some gratitude to Boris for finally getting it done and over with

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The War of the Gammons.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
hear me people of Britain: lol.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Polo-Rican posted:

what's up with brexit? over here in america i haven't heard a peep about brexit in months and i can't find any news on it. hard brexit on the 31st? any talk of it being delayed again?

please, we no longer use the b word in polite company

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I'm just surprised they were able to stay that still for so long

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/teacherjon77/status/1215543814993129472

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Piers is extremely mad at Meghan for apparently snubbing him at some awards do or a dinner or something. And I do mean *extremely* mad

https://twitter.com/youwouldknow/status/1215329629730418688

oh. lmao

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

I was listening to the radio on the way home last night and they had a call in program about this and some people are f u c k i n g insane with their conspiracy theories. I thought we had mostly escaped the weirdness and mental gymnastics of Q, but no, it seems that Meghan has a cunning plan where she is going to take Harry to America where she will seduce him(?) and pull him away from his family and then divorce him for reasons probably because she is a vapid whore apparently which in reality means that she is a PoC and my God I hate humanity.

Edit: They all vote.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Dravs posted:

I was listening to the radio on the way home last night and they had a call in program about this and some people are f u c k i n g insane with their conspiracy theories. I thought we had mostly escaped the weirdness and mental gymnastics of Q, but no, it seems that Meghan has a cunning plan where she is going to take Harry to America where she will seduce him(?) and pull him away from his family and then divorce him for reasons probably because she is a vapid whore apparently which in reality means that she is a PoC and my God I hate humanity.

Edit: They all vote.
She gets half of England if she divorces him. She needs to do this fast while she can get a decent price for it.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
It seems that through Boris or Meghan you're going to end up under US control, so let's get Brentrance done.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

looking forward to the NHS brought to you by Blue Cross/Blue Shield

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You can keep the NHS if you put Trump on the throne.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Bust Rodd posted:

the British press is thoroughly tamed and would get sued into the ground if they talked about Andrew's pedophilia in anything but the gentlest of ways

Harry married a brown foreigner, it's open season.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/annastewartcnn/status/1215188376275554304

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lindsay Graham ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

christ