Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
That's hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How would that even be enforceable?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

kaworu posted:

I also wouldn't worry too much about just letting them meet each other immediately. Kittens are a lot less rigid than adult cats when it comes to socializing, and (in my opinion) you don't need to go through anywhere nearly as many steps or be as careful about introductions. Kittens usually get along when you put them together in a positive environment, in my experience, and they are fantastic at entertaining one another and tiring each other out.

With the caveat that this really depends on the temperament of the adult cat to socialization with other cats. I've had some adult cats that don't give a poo poo about kittens and hiss them away if they try to play. I also have an adult cat currently that HATES any adult cat he meets but bonds with + parents any and all kittens. :shrug:

But yeah kittens are a lot easier to introduce to any cat or kitten regardless of the other circumstances. Trying to introduce two adult cats is a nightmare scenario by comparison.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Call the foster group and report back to us with their response. Please.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm gonna be moving in with my girlfriend next month, and despite her strong allergies to cats, she's agreed that my cat can come with, but with stipulations:

- Constant vacuuming - no issue here, plan to do at least weekly
- cat proofing the furniture - need to find a cover for her oddly shaped couch
- combing - for being a short hair, he sheds like crazy. I have a furminator that does wonders but even 4 days in a row of combing him and hair just falls like crazy.

I also have a fancy air purifier I got from Costco that I plan to use. I'll also keep our bedroom door closed at all time (we will have a spare room that he can use that I plan to put his cat tree / litter box / food in).

My questions are:

Is there anything else I should be considering for allergy sufferers besides what I listed above?

My girlfriend also told me to look into professional grooming on a regular basis based on how much he sheds. Has anyone ever done that before? The issue is he's a tuxedo cat with his belly being white, so it shows up on everything. Thankfully he really likes being groomed, and will occasionally let me comb his belly to get the white hair but only in spurts. I'd prefer a groomer to come to our place since like most cats he's awful with traveling, even with gabapentin.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

TMMadman posted:

How would that even be enforceable?

I guess they could sue and get laughed out of court?

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

seiferguy posted:

I'm gonna be moving in with my girlfriend next month, and despite her strong allergies to cats, she's agreed that my cat can come with, but with stipulations:

- Constant vacuuming - no issue here, plan to do at least weekly
- cat proofing the furniture - need to find a cover for her oddly shaped couch
- combing - for being a short hair, he sheds like crazy. I have a furminator that does wonders but even 4 days in a row of combing him and hair just falls like crazy.

I also have a fancy air purifier I got from Costco that I plan to use. I'll also keep our bedroom door closed at all time (we will have a spare room that he can use that I plan to put his cat tree / litter box / food in).

My questions are:

Is there anything else I should be considering for allergy sufferers besides what I listed above?

My girlfriend also told me to look into professional grooming on a regular basis based on how much he sheds. Has anyone ever done that before? The issue is he's a tuxedo cat with his belly being white, so it shows up on everything. Thankfully he really likes being groomed, and will occasionally let me comb his belly to get the white hair but only in spurts. I'd prefer a groomer to come to our place since like most cats he's awful with traveling, even with gabapentin.

It sounds like you've got the big stuff covered--air filter, regular grooming, etc. If he enjoys being brushed, you should be able to use treats to teach him to let you groom the spots he usually isn't a fan of as well.

Try to groom him somewhere easy to clean, like bathroom tile.

Oh, and make sure you check how often you need to replace the air purifier filter and set an reminder/mark on calender, because it's usually extremely infrequent and easy to forget.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Your GF should wash her hands after touching the cat, and a daily allergy pill or nasal spray wouldn't hurt if she is ok with that. My mom is allergic but has had cats all her life and that plus regular vacuuming works for her.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Re: allergies
Use Allerpet and/or wipe the cat down with a damp cloth every day or so. It helps a ton!

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Wait a second, are you saying the timeline goes:
-You find a litter of kittens and take them in
-You can't keep them all so a rescue takes all but two of them
-For some reason you sign a contract with the rescue concerning the two kittens which you found and took in all by yourself

???

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
No, we gave them all up, then when they were old enough to be adopted out two months later, we immediately contacted them to readopt two of the six. Two or three were actually claimed when we called them.

We had to get over our own sickness, take care of our dog to the end of her life, then prepare at least one room in the house for the kittens in that two month period anyway. Additionally, the kittens needed to be fully weaned and medicated for their diarrhea as well, so it was for the best they took them in when they did, in hindsight.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I feel like I should give some sort of brief update on how Jackie and I are, given that we just drove across the country. I mentioned it before, but I'm still quite proud of Jackie for how well she handled all of the awful indignities and uncomfortable aspects of the trip... Whether it was having to pee in a mini litter box while also in the backseat of a Corolla going ~80MPH, being schlepped in and out of (at best) 2-star hotels/motels for almost a week, or just going through the entire ordeal without once freaking out or even making any kind of mess in either the car or hotel room, she was just a fantastic feline traveling companion. Driving from Maine to Los Angeles is no joke, and I'm still pretty amazed she handled it all so well.

Things are also going quite well where we are staying, but some of Jackie's quirkiness is becoming a bit more evident. Like, I was truly expecting Jackie to get along very well with everyone else - and she does, mostly - but the issue is that she is "disgusting devoted" to me, in the words of one of our new roommate's. In their opinion, they've never seen a cat so attached to a human, and just assumed I was being half-joking and exaggerating when I had talked about Jackie being ridiculously attached to me and how it'd be just cruel if I'd have left her back east - not that I ever really considered doing that.

Anyway, the important thing is Jackie somehow seems WORLDS happier here than she was at my last apartment, which makes me sincerely even more concerned that my prior roommates were less-than-kind to her at times when I was not around. It would certainly explain some of her bizarre animosity that would crop up (which has utterly vanished out here) as well as some of her attachment issues, since she was always safe when I was there, I know that for sure.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Good job, Jackie! and VERY well done, kaworu!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I mean, rather than hand-wring over IF the foster would take the kitten back you could just call them and find out. And at this point yeah, it'd be nice if you told us what they said since you got a bunch of people here worried you're going to euthanize a kitten because it's acting like a kitten.

I have a strong feeling they'll just take it back because fosters usually get invested in animals once they've had them for a while.

Also you don't need to do full adult-cat introductions with kittens. Kittens can just be dumped in a room with other kittens, (as long as they are all cleared for disease.) They aren't territorial like adult cats.

Also there is no such thing as being "not allergic" to a specific litter. Yes some cats are more or less triggering of allergies but if that litter doesn't trigger then there will be plenty of others, and you do not need to go across the state for one. If you are actually looking to get another cat (which I don't know if I'd recommend given your current mindset- it's clear you're still grieving your dog and may not have it in you to care for young, attention demanding animals right now and that's OKAY!) I would say take the allergy-prone family member to a shelter or that foster and see if there's another cat or kitten who isn't triggering for them. It's going to be something you have to specifically test with that family member.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 10, 2020

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

seiferguy posted:

Have her figure out which allergy pill she wants to take daily because she's likely going to need one, and get a bottle of Nasonex (or whatever nose spray of choice) which isn't for every day but will take care of any flare ups. You've got the rest covered as far as I can tell!

When I first got the cats I had to take two Zyrtecs daily, after about six months I was able to go down to 1. Keeping them out out OUT of the bedroom, no matter WHAT, is paramount. People with allergies are used to dealing with the odd sniffle or two during the day. Allergies at night are miserable and major QOL destroyers and you really don't want to deal with a cranky girlfriend who can't sleep and is rightfully blaming it on your pet.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FelicityGS posted:

It sounds like you've got the big stuff covered--air filter, regular grooming, etc. If he enjoys being brushed, you should be able to use treats to teach him to let you groom the spots he usually isn't a fan of as well.

Try to groom him somewhere easy to clean, like bathroom tile.

Oh, and make sure you check how often you need to replace the air purifier filter and set an reminder/mark on calender, because it's usually extremely infrequent and easy to forget.

Great idea about the tile. I usually groom him on a rug I have, and vacuum after, but this would make it easier.

mistaya posted:

Have her figure out which allergy pill she wants to take daily because she's likely going to need one, and get a bottle of Nasonex (or whatever nose spray of choice) which isn't for every day but will take care of any flare ups. You've got the rest covered as far as I can tell!

When I first got the cats I had to take two Zyrtecs daily, after about six months I was able to go down to 1. Keeping them out out OUT of the bedroom, no matter WHAT, is paramount. People with allergies are used to dealing with the odd sniffle or two during the day. Allergies at night are miserable and major QOL destroyers and you really don't want to deal with a cranky girlfriend who can't sleep and is rightfully blaming it on your pet.

There’s 24 hour allergy pills as well as a nasal spray from Costco that we use. As a pollen / mold allergy sufferer myself, I’ve been using the stuff since my pre-teens, but she’s basically avoided the stuff and isn’t jazzed about having to take it. But it will absolutely be a case of keeping the bedroom door closed at all times. Thankfully he’s not a door scratcher.

Joburg posted:

Re: allergies
Use Allerpet and/or wipe the cat down with a damp cloth every day or so. It helps a ton!

This is a good idea and will try to include it in end of my brushing route. Thanks!

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

mistaya posted:

I mean, rather than hand-wring over IF the foster would take the kitten back you could just call them and find out. And at this point yeah, it'd be nice if you told us what they said since you got a bunch of people here worried you're going to euthanize a kitten because it's acting like a kitten.

It's all right, I've calmed down quite a bit so I don't feel the need to take any such action in the immediate future. I really don't want to give up this kitten, I was mostly just having a panicky crisis of self-confidence. I know there's nothing wrong with the kitten.

quote:

Also there is no such thing as being "not allergic" to a specific litter. Yes some cats are more or less triggering of allergies but if that litter doesn't trigger then there will be plenty of others, and you do not need to go across the state for one. If you are actually looking to get another cat (which I don't know if I'd recommend given your current mindset- it's clear you're still grieving your dog and may not have it in you to care for young, attention demanding animals right now and that's OKAY!) I would say take the allergy-prone family member to a shelter or that foster and see if there's another cat or kitten who isn't triggering for them. It's going to be something you have to specifically test with that family member.

Honestly, the kittens helped keep me from getting too down over the dog with the level of care they need. My current bout of grief is from the FIP kitten: we had to put it down just a couple of weeks ago. Logically, I knew I wasn't to blame there (we managed to keep it alive a whole month after the diagnosis and it was on death's door the first time), but it still didn't feel like it, and on top of some other unrelated issues in my life kind of sent my self-confidence straight into the toilet. I was hoping I could at least keep it alive for half a year longer, both for its own sake and for the surviving kitten's development, but fate was just against us on that one.

Anyway, I'll discuss the kitten the allergic family found up for adoption, but even if we decide against it, I'll still find a way to keep taking care of the little one still with us, don't worry about that.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Any pics available of the little pooper? :kimchi:

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Kerning Chameleon posted:

It's all right, I've calmed down quite a bit so I don't feel the need to take any such action in the immediate future. I really don't want to give up this kitten, I was mostly just having a panicky crisis of self-confidence. I know there's nothing wrong with the kitten.

Honestly, the kittens helped keep me from getting too down over the dog with the level of care they need. My current bout of grief is from the FIP kitten: we had to put it down just a couple of weeks ago. Logically, I knew I wasn't to blame there (we managed to keep it alive a whole month after the diagnosis and it was on death's door the first time), but it still didn't feel like it, and on top of some other unrelated issues in my life kind of sent my self-confidence straight into the toilet. I was hoping I could at least keep it alive for half a year longer, both for its own sake and for the surviving kitten's development, but fate was just against us on that one.

Anyway, I'll discuss the kitten the allergic family found up for adoption, but even if we decide against it, I'll still find a way to keep taking care of the little one still with us, don't worry about that.

Glad to hear you're feeling better about the situation! It must have been awful going through that with the one that died.

Also yes request for pictures seconded.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The cat got into something and needs a bath. Whats a good shampoo I can buy on the way home? I pass Petsmart and Pet Supplies Plus

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm sure as long as it's a pet/cat shampoo most any brand/type will be fine. We've always used the oatmeal-based ones when we need to bath cats.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Len posted:

The cat got into something and needs a bath. Whats a good shampoo I can buy on the way home? I pass Petsmart and Pet Supplies Plus

Any non flea shampoo is fine. Oatmeal ones are good for the skin.

I've used Dawn in a pinch. Had a cat get covered in something gross from the trash he tipped over at like 11pm... Not a fun night for anyone.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

my cat is norris posted:

Any pics available of the little pooper? :kimchi:

Sure. Here she is in her new favorite nap spot: the perch of her cat tree, from she can easily survey the bedroom, or out the second story window overlooking the neighbor's roof (which will be popular with birds and squirrels come spring) and the small park and community center across the street. The windows are secured, never opened, and double-paned:

Better view of the cat tree (and community center out the window). Decent enough for fifty bucks on sale:

This one is mostly just to show off her face and eyes:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh hey she's pretty big, you won't have to deal with kitten energy that much longer. Our kitten was about that big when he started sleeping through the night without wanting to play.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Len posted:

Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo also works great for a cat.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh hey she's pretty big, you won't have to deal with kitten energy that much longer. Our kitten was about that big when he started sleeping through the night without wanting to play.

Yeah, she's roughly five to five-and-a-half months old, and her and the litter were really small and underweight when we found them compared to their physical development otherwise. Like, they had the physical characteristics of five-six week olds but the weight of two-three week olds.

I knew they were always going to be at greater risk for health issues... I just hoped it wouldn't happen so soon. :(

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I was told by both a vet and my vet tech friend that the most fool proof cat shampoo is Dawn dish soap. Makes sense to me.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah, she's roughly five to five-and-a-half months old, and her and the litter were really small and underweight when we found them compared to their physical development otherwise. Like, they had the physical characteristics of five-six week olds but the weight of two-three week olds.

I knew they were always going to be at greater risk for health issues... I just hoped it wouldn't happen so soon. :(

Oh she should be fine without a friend to play with! We should have asked her age sooner, I think we were all imagining like 8 weeks old.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Lies, my boy is closing in on 2yrs and is still an ADHD maniac. I’ve had a lot of kitties (rescue) over the years and he’s not that far out of the norm.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Good job, Jackie! and VERY well done, kaworu!

Thank you! To be honest, there were some... unexpected difficulties involved with traveling 3160 miles in 7 days *alone* with just a feline companion. I did not really plan exceptionally far ahead for cat-friendly hotels, because I was never quite sure how far I was going to make it every day, exactly. I did want to give some advice, as I did stay in a number of different hotels with varying policies and fees.

In my experience driving cross-country, the most pet-friendly hotel out of all the chains was definitely Red Roof Inn. It was actually like, CRAZY. Not only did they NOT charge me for my cat staying, they gave me a 10% discount on my bill simply because I brought my cat and told them about it when checking in. I had heard LaQuinta was very pet-friendly, and the one night I stayed in one it was quite nice. But I still had to pay a $20 fee for my cat there, and most of them were out of my price range if I was passing through any remotely nice and/or heavily populated area. On the other hand, Red Roof Inn was always a fairly inexpensive (but totally acceptable and comfortable) option, and it was very cool because in the ones I stayed in virtually every single guest had a cat or a dog, so there was some friendly camaraderie there,

Also, the absolute toughest part of the trip would always come in the morning at the hotel, when I had to wake up a little before sunrise at the very latest every morning. I am not too fantastic at night-driving and had to maximize my use of the daylight, since I was doing this drive the very week of the winter solstice, hilariously enough. The trouble was, Jackie knows when I'm starting to wake up or when I am due to wake up soon in maybe an hour or two, and that's when she worms her way under the bed-covers and snuggles up against my in a sort of "little spoon" position. Bear in mind it was fairly cold and humid/damp, 20-30 degrees with a biting wind most of the time, especially in the high desert.

So there I am, comfortably in bed with a happy purring cat snuggling me, falling in and out of sleep while I pet the happy kitty. I am in... Lock Haven, PA or Tucamcori, NM, or some drat place hundreds of miles from anyone I know, and still least a thousand miles away from where I'm going (usually more since I drove nearly 700 miles on the very last day) but anyway. I truly think Jackie was trying to like, keep me in bed and keep me from leaving, because the last several days she was kinda dreading going into the travel bag and subsequently into the car. By the end I was having to physically *take* her out of the bag to get her into the backseat - poor girl! But she was usually fine once we got going.

PS - Jackie is like.... even more meaningful to me out here, now that I've left a lot beyond back in my hometown - albeit I truly wanted to leave a lot of that behind, of course. But having Jackie here just carries a certain importance, because she's my link to years I spent with my father and step-mother and sister. It's nice.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've got a cat question. My roommate got a cat about a year ago when it was a kitten, and she's the most skittish animal I've ever seen. I think he might have done a bad job socializing her, as he let her hide under his bed and never made her leave his room for the first several months he had her. She takes ages to get used to new people, and even people who she's known her entire life like myself she is still hesitant to let touch her or come near her most of the time.

I've tried to do what I can to at least get her used to me by playing with her, being super cautious whenever I interact with her, gently petting her after feeding her, which is the one time she'll let me touch her most of the time, etc. She's gotten a bit better with this stuff, to the point where she won't flee the room if she sees me, but whenever we have anyone over she is visibly stressed the gently caress out.

Right now she's hiding in my room, which she associates as being safe due to me I'm guessing, just because another roommate has a single person over, and her body language seems like she's freaking out. No one has ever abused her or harmed her in any way, the most even those of us who live here have done being picking her up and setting her on the floor when she gets on the furniture.

What can I do to get this cat to chill the gently caress out? Is there some kind of cat weed she can start smoking? Cat anxiety meds? A fuckin cat therapist?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

kaworu posted:

PS - Jackie is like.... even more meaningful to me out here, now that I've left a lot beyond back in my hometown - albeit I truly wanted to leave a lot of that behind, of course. But having Jackie here just carries a certain importance, because she's my link to years I spent with my father and step-mother and sister. It's nice.

I'm happy this move worked out for you!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've got a cat question. My roommate got a cat about a year ago when it was a kitten, and she's the most skittish animal I've ever seen. I think he might have done a bad job socializing her, as he let her hide under his bed and never made her leave his room for the first several months he had her. She takes ages to get used to new people, and even people who she's known her entire life like myself she is still hesitant to let touch her or come near her most of the time.

I've tried to do what I can to at least get her used to me by playing with her, being super cautious whenever I interact with her, gently petting her after feeding her, which is the one time she'll let me touch her most of the time, etc. She's gotten a bit better with this stuff, to the point where she won't flee the room if she sees me, but whenever we have anyone over she is visibly stressed the gently caress out.

Right now she's hiding in my room, which she associates as being safe due to me I'm guessing, just because another roommate has a single person over, and her body language seems like she's freaking out. No one has ever abused her or harmed her in any way, the most even those of us who live here have done being picking her up and setting her on the floor when she gets on the furniture.

What can I do to get this cat to chill the gently caress out? Is there some kind of cat weed she can start smoking? Cat anxiety meds? A fuckin cat therapist?

It's a cat, it can't be fixed.

Some cats are just like that. They bond to one person and are terrified of everyone else.

That said, the way to a cat's heart is through its stomach. Feed it regularly and maybe it will trust you more.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Deteriorata posted:

It's a cat, it can't be fixed.

Some cats are just like that. They bond to one person and are terrified of everyone else.

That said, the way to a cat's heart is through its stomach. Feed it regularly and maybe it will trust you more.

Yeah this. Some cats just Don't Trust Humans. I have noticed some cats like that chill out when they hit like 13 or 14 years old but basically there's not much to be done. Your roommate did not gently caress up, a cat that doesn't want to leave a single room for a very long time is just a naturally anxious cat.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Vince MechMahon posted:

Not your roommate's fault at all. The way to socialize a cat is to allow it to do things on its own terms. If you force it you'll just scare it.

Your roommate has a skittish cat. That's just its personality. But I've found skittish cats can also be very sweet if they warm up to you, and it feels extra special!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Just keep doing what you're doing! Don't force the cat to do anything, be gentle and patient with it, and reward it with affection if it asks for it. Treats help too!

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 12, 2020

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

yeah, one of my 3 cats lives in the bedroom and doesn't come out. is perfectly happy in the bedroom as far as i can tell. is cat.

pictured: bedroom floofmonster

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

re: Skittish cat- does the cat have a cat tree or other high places to hang out on while in the room with people? Cats usually feel more confident if they can watch things from a "perch". Otherwise yeah your friend is right, if the cat would rather be under the bed that's fine just let it be. Also yeah, associating yourself with food is a good way to make them trust you more.

I'm so sorry, that has to feel really awful. Try to remember that you saved all of their siblings and now all those kittens get to have loving homes, and even the one you lost got to feel warm and full for their short life with you. Sometimes that's all we can give them. You did a good thing!

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

mistaya posted:

re: Skittish cat- does the cat have a cat tree or other high places to hang out on while in the room with people? Cats usually feel more confident if they can watch things from a "perch". Otherwise yeah your friend is right, if the cat would rather be under the bed that's fine just let it be. Also yeah, associating yourself with food is a good way to make them trust you more.

Seconding this, and wanted to add that it is important that the cat tree fits the cat.

I just got one with nice big platforms for my large economy-sized cat, and he is so very very happy now. Other than for food, he never sits on the other two nice trees that we have that have smaller platforms, but he has completely claimed the new one.

Bonus: he is very happy to get pets when he is on the tree, where he is basically at my shoulder level (so the hand comes to him from the side, not from above).

He's not terribly skittish anymore (he was when we adopted him), but I honestly have never seen him this relaxed until now. Makes me a little sad that I didn't figure this out for him much sooner.

Cat tax:

Claim staked before I even assembled the tree

It has scratching posts that smell good

A very relaxed cat

(please excuse the background clutter; this room is currently swing space for reorganizing stuff)

Sleepy floof at end of the day

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

My cat had a tooth pulled today. One of the big ones. She got kitty morphine and I got several doses with me to give her twice a day. The vet said she might be extra cuddly while on that stuff but instead she just eats A LOT. Always hungry. Instead of being cuddly she sits by her bowl, high as a kite and waits for more food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Tyrion did the same poo poo when he had a tooth pulled right before xmas. "Now if he's not interested in food for a day or two that's normal, and the drugs don't help that situation. Also make sure he gets wet food only so he doesn't tear the sutures."

Get home, immediately tears into his dry food before I can even finish putting away his carrier.