Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

lezard_valeth posted:

- Pokemon Home being a charged service. Yeah, it was expected, but I REALLY hope upon Pokemon Home being released Pokemon Bank becomes a free service, cause otherwise you'd be paying $20 for switch online, $5 for Pokemon Bank, and whatever they decide to charge you for Pokemon Home, to STILL not being able to completely play with all your Pokes.

We still don't know this for sure. It's a likely case, but they have not officially said anything about whether or not Pokemon Home will cost money or how much if they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Does anyone have a link to the Showdown double battle of a guy using a Moxie Pyroar with Entrainment to give Moxie to a Garchomp and sweep?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-75588440

An amazing 11-0 sweep. :allears:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

hopeandjoy posted:

We still don't know this for sure. It's a likely case, but they have not officially said anything about whether or not Pokemon Home will cost money or how much if they do.

No the direct said it’s a paid service.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

hopeandjoy posted:

It said on the Pokemon Home splash screen in today's direct that some services require subscription.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Hmm. It wasn't in the articles I checked before posting and I don't remember seeing it in the Direct, but maybe it was one of the things that got cut off if you saw it live.

.......I was also getting ready during the Direct so I will also admit I didn't have my eyes on the screen the entire time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Can your player character Pokemon evolve in PMD?

I'm kinda leaning on Meowth, but I'd probably just be boring and be Charmander if it evolves.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Can your player character Pokemon evolve in PMD?

I'm kinda leaning on Meowth, but I'd probably just be boring and be Charmander if it evolves.

Yes, but they restrict any evolution to post-game, and evolving the main characters can't be done until after the entire story is finished. (Meaning if the post-game has a relevant story, you have to complete that first before you evolve.)

In Red and Blue, anyone can evolve once post-game hits since there isn't really a 2nd story in post-game.

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

Araxxor posted:

Yes, but they restrict any evolution to post-game, and evolving the main characters can't be done until after the entire story is finished. (Meaning if the post-game has a relevant story, you have to complete that first before you evolve.)

In Red and Blue, anyone can evolve once post-game hits since there isn't really a 2nd story in post-game.

There are a couple second stories in postgame in Red and Blue but they're all loose threads that all lead to different places and only very vaguely have to do with the actual main plot.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/SuperiorArtemis/status/1215317854125350913

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

hopeandjoy posted:

Hmm. It wasn't in the articles I checked before posting and I don't remember seeing it in the Direct, but maybe it was one of the things that got cut off if you saw it live.

.......I was also getting ready during the Direct so I will also admit I didn't have my eyes on the screen the entire time.

No one said it, but the Home logo had the caption "This is a paid service". It was really easy to miss, which is really scummy come to think of it.

That said, we still have no idea how it'll work. I keep hope that you have to pay for it only if you don't have Online already.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hope there isn't a recommended pro-tier team setup for mystery dungeon demo because I ran with Cubone and Pikachu for maximum contradictions and no other reason

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Epic High Five posted:

I hope there isn't a recommended pro-tier team setup for mystery dungeon demo because I ran with Cubone and Pikachu for maximum contradictions and no other reason

I try having my Pokemon cover each other so I'm using Torchic/Chikorita but honestly MD isn't hard enough to kill you for choosing the wrong mons. Even less so now that you can freely change your leader and moves seem to be way stronger from the get-go than they were in the original Red/Blue Rescue Team.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

so that 'certain someone' is obviously Rose, right? Like, there's no real secret about it?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I can only assume that wonder trade is going to be flooded with Galar slowpokes as people get theirs and start breeding them in preparation for if galar slowbro/king are real good for comp.

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh come ON, Shield gets the cooler NPC again?!? :negative:

Gotta balance out the Zacian/Zamzenta imbalance.

I hope Articuno's eye lasers are a unique move.

Notty
Jun 4, 2010

The Golden Gael posted:

so that 'certain someone' is obviously Rose, right? Like, there's no real secret about it?

Crown Tundra is a snowy area similar to Sinnoh, has ruins with new Regis similar to the Regigigas temple in Snowpoint, and re-adds Garchomp to the game?

My money is on Cynthia making her obligatory Gen 8 appearance.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I hope Articuno's eye lasers are a unique move.

Eyece Beam

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I can only assume that wonder trade is going to be flooded with Galar slowpokes as people get theirs and start breeding them in preparation for if galar slowbro/king are real good for comp.

Of course, we have no idea if Galarian Slowbro and Galarian Slowking even have the same BSTs as regular Slowbro and Slowking. Then there's the fact that its HA is still Regenorator, and I don't think the Galarian Slowpokes given out have their HAs, just their regular abilities (Gluttony and Own Tempo).

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Notty posted:

Crown Tundra is a snowy area similar to Sinnoh, has ruins with new Regis similar to the Regigigas temple in Snowpoint, and re-adds Garchomp to the game?

My money is on Cynthia making her obligatory Gen 8 appearance.

I mean, Cynthia might still show up, but one of the images that flashed by in the trailer was very clearly Rose in a snowsuit with a new haircut.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cattail Prophet posted:

I mean, Cynthia might still show up, but one of the images that flashed by in the trailer was very clearly Rose in a snowsuit with a new haircut.

You mean this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5afasEAiN0&t=385s

He looks similar but that's not Rose.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Ok. Great Pokémon day got even better. Hatched a shiny Eevee after like 200 eggs with no shiny charm. My second shiny ever. I was breeding a HA Eevee, but still managed for this to not have its hidden ability.

EDIT: What should I evolve it into? I’m leaning either Espeon or Sylveon.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 10, 2020

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

You know the more I think about it the more I'm bummed G-Cinderace isn't the standard design. It really fixes the major bits I didn't like about it to begin with enough that it could easily compete with inteleon as my favorite starter. Alas it's most likely going to be dropped in a gen.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The gmax starter reveals makes me even happier about once again going with the water starter as I always have and always will

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Araxxor posted:

https://twitter.com/Protodude/status/1215299815493578752?s=19

lmfao, they actually did it. They even wave in the wind now.

Tweet deleted. What was it?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Tweet deleted. What was it?

updated wild area trees.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Kurieg posted:

updated wild area trees.

Is it just me or did they always wave in the wind? I think the only trees that didn't move naturally were berry trees....

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Do we know if there is any save data transfer from the MD demo to the full game? I am guessing no.

Also I probably should get back I into Sword sooner or later. Didn’t get far but liked what I played.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Unlucky7 posted:

Do we know if there is any save data transfer from the MD demo to the full game? I am guessing no.

Also I probably should get back I into Sword sooner or later. Didn’t get far but liked what I played.

They said you can transfer your save to the full game, yes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/summerjeannes/status/1215299997526155265?s=21

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Honestly at this point I'm just buying time till I can transfer my breeding dittos from HOME. So in the meantime I'm trying to get a full gold currydex and catch a defiant falinks. It's literally the last pokemon I need so if any of you have one I would be very grateful if you could to trade me a breedject. 10% spawn rate at both dens. Godsakes.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

RatHat posted:

They said you can transfer your save to the full game, yes.

Wait really?

I thought that there were some starter Pokémon that weren’t available yet.

Eh, whatever, more games should let you transfer over demo data regardless

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Unlucky7 posted:

Wait really?

I thought that there were some starter Pokémon that weren’t available yet.

Eh, whatever, more games should let you transfer over demo data regardless

...Do you mean to Sword/Shield? No you can't do that. I meant you can transfer your save data from the MD demo to the full MD game.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Flopsy posted:

defiant falinks. It's literally the last pokemon I need so if any of you have one I would be very grateful if you could to trade me a breedject. 10% spawn rate at both dens. Godsakes.

Go to the Pokégoons trading discord!

So they did have info on Home. Launching next month, and it's a paid service. Wonder if we can import datamined but unavailable Pokémon such as Jirachi, Meltan, and Popplio.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I got to the Wild Area today and spent way too much time catching Pokemon and doing Max Raids.

There are so many mons I want to use that it's tough to keep them all leveled even with the Exp share. Between participation and level scaling, it's really well implemented so things don't get too bonkers. I think I'm aiming to get them all ten of them to lvl 16 then I'll go to the next town. Trying not to get too overleveled but I don't wanna get destroyed either.

I'm playing on Set for the first time and being forced to take a hit to switch Pokemon rather than being able to swap into something that can handle it automatically makes such a difference.

EDIT: Is Pick-Up reliable enough to be worth keeping around? It seems that with the Fisher folk in the wild area being willing to throw $$$ items at you for a pittance of 100 watts, I won't need to keep this Meowth around after all. But it is tough to turn down free items and I sure do want to abuse its G-Max move for Gym leaders at least.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
*perfect Lana voice impression* Popplio

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

RatHat posted:

...Do you mean to Sword/Shield? No you can't do that. I meant you can transfer your save data from the MD demo to the full MD game.

I was talking about MD and I was talking about the types of Pokémon you can start as and/or have as a partner

Sorry, that was crossing a few nodes

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mizuti posted:

Go to the Pokégoons trading discord!

So they did have info on Home. Launching next month, and it's a paid service. Wonder if we can import datamined but unavailable Pokémon such as Jirachi, Meltan, and Popplio.

There'll probably be a bunch of Pokemon only available through Home yeah. Like the Gen 1 starters before the DLC comes out, Gen 8 starters, Meltan/Melmetal, Mewtwo, ect.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Shiny Wimpod acquired! I think I only need 6 more shiny bugs to have them all!

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 10, 2020

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm tragically indecisive so I usually reset PMD game three or four times before I figure out a starter-partner set I like. And there's always at least one round of "I love Treecko I should be a Treecko/oh poo poo grass is weak to l i t e r a l l y e v e r y t h i n g."

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Is Pick-Up reliable enough to be worth keeping around? It seems that with the Fisher folk in the wild area being willing to throw $$$ items at you for a pittance of 100 watts, I won't need to keep this Meowth around after all. But it is tough to turn down free items and I sure do want to abuse its G-Max move for Gym leaders at least.

I thought it was quite helpful in the story, but don’t worry about it if you don’t want to use Meowth. Zigzagoon also has it, which I used the entire game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Open Marriage Night posted:

Ok. Great Pokémon day got even better. Hatched a shiny Eevee after like 200 eggs with no shiny charm. My second shiny ever. I was breeding a HA Eevee, but still managed for this to not have its hidden ability.

EDIT: What should I evolve it into? I’m leaning either Espeon or Sylveon.

Espeon has consistently won the award for best eeveelution since 1999 but its shiny is a sorry abomination. Sylveon all the way.