Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Grapplejack posted:

i have made a mockup post of my terrible idea. I couldn't think of anything funny for most of the buttons though, sorry :(

How would people with custom grenades fit with this idea? I don't want to lose out on my pentagram, and I doubt people with a hammer&sickle would be psyched about that either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
how about instead of a speech bubble every av gets a frame around it that makes it look like like it's in a tv?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

twoday posted:

how about instead of a speech bubble every av gets a frame around it that makes it look like like it's in a tv?

it would break any avs that are actually 2+ imgs stacked on top of each other

which is just added value to the idea!!!

i wonder if the poster name could be moved beneath the av in a lil colored bar, like a cable news name caption graphic

might be a bit much but this is just brainstorming so

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

twoday
May 4, 2005

Squizzle posted:

i wonder if the poster name could be moved beneath the av in a lil colored bar, like a cable news name caption graphic

yeah, rearrange the name and regdate around the poster to make it look like a tv news headline, with the av in the middle of the frame. brilliant

It would be cool if you had av text that it would appear as the text in the headline but that would get really messed up by gangtags and smilies I guess

e: oh, and the little plat icon would be in the corner of the screen, like the logo of a news network

twoday has issued a correction as of 04:05 on Jan 10, 2020

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
“User X posted:” replaced with “User X wrote in their column:”

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Zoran posted:

If you're going to go that route, you could change the wording when someone edits their post. "CORRECTION: This post has been updated . . ." or something like that

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Grapplejack posted:

i have made a mockup post of my terrible idea. I couldn't think of anything funny for most of the buttons though, sorry :(

I like it. I normally shitpost here on my phone in dark mode anyway.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

Bread Liar
No there's a more powerful Jeb!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lf stylesheet

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Pepperoneedy posted:

If you're going to go that route, you could change the wording when someone edits their post. "CORRECTION: This post has been updated . . ." or something like that

“User X issued a correction at...”

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Squizzle posted:

does anyone DISLIKE the speech balloon, av-says-the-post style??
it's really funny but it would make scrolling too tedious so it's not good on that basis

edit: if you can do it in a way that doesn't add more scrolling and somehow doesn't break twitter/video/image embeds then it's good again

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

just make the text coming out of that picture of Trump's rear end going up the helicopter steps and put it to the left so you so don't have to scroll more

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Squizzle posted:

personally, i like the news-themed ideas being batted around. fits w the nyt needle and the pinocchio ideas nicely, too

make the 1 2 3 4 5 buttons for voting into a different picture of Rudy Guliani sweating and grinning

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Siljmonster posted:

make the 1 2 3 4 5 buttons for voting into a different picture of Rudy Guliani sweating and grinning

hillary - bill - obama - jeb - trump portraits

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

TowerofOil posted:

No there's a more powerful Jeb!

It's a crime they didn't name it Bloc Jeb!ecois

twoday
May 4, 2005

Siljmonster posted:

That's a good places for the pinnochios

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
just make CSPAM look like FYAD did, to rub it in :getin:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

How would people with custom grenades fit with this idea? I don't want to lose out on my pentagram, and I doubt people with a hammer&sickle would be psyched about that either.

If you're messing with the CSS I think you can just have it affect the regular grenade icon and not the other ones since they're separate in the CSS.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Squizzle posted:

I like this

probably impossible but it should list their main posting forum as though they’re a politician like (D-California)

yours would be gbs lmao

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Zoran posted:

something, something Guardian op eds

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
someone needs to make what could only be described as a brutalist stylesheet

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

Bread Liar
Just tile this

https://i.imgur.com/BqlxIFq.gifv

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

lmao +1

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 06:20 on Mar 23, 2021

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Additional idea: instead of a cable channel, stylize the forum to make it look like the Washington Post or NYT, especially if we're doing the needle/Pinnochio stuff

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yay!

twoday
May 4, 2005

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Additional idea: instead of a cable channel, stylize the forum to make it look like the Washington Post or NYT, especially if we're doing the needle/Pinnochio stuff

This is a great idea and also 100x easier to code

Add the letter A before each page number

twoday
May 4, 2005

Put this at the top of the page

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I wouldn't mind helping code the theme to help, can I use sass?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

twoday posted:

Put this at the top of the page

no idiocracy sucks rear end stop promoting it

and even if you dont mean the movie, people would mistake it for the lovely movie

twoday
May 4, 2005

You mean the documentary?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Just brainstorming now, in any case

I think that having a newspaper theme is the easiest way to keep it simple and legible, otherwise it will turn into a YTMND style pile of annoying gifs and midi files that will annoy everyone after a few days

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

no idiocracy sucks rear end stop promoting it

and even if you dont mean the movie, people would mistake it for the lovely movie

your opinion is wrong.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Also, Idiocracy was a word before it was movie, gently caress the movie, it's still a valid word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it literally opens with a thiny veiled eugenics screed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwZ0ZUy7P3E