Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

For any Australians in the audience, alphastrike.com.au sell Ironwind’s range for Aus customers without the insane shipping cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HesperusIIMinis on Etsy has some pretty decent prints for 6-8 bucks a pop, I just got 8 in today and am really happy with them so I ordered 20 more.

Minitech.com has some cool Unseen (Robotech) which I’m waiting to get in the mail

StratoMinis.com has a bunch of resin mechs labeled as “Hardbots Retro” which are pretty cool too, I ordered 5 and am waiting to get those as well with an off-brand dropship.

I also upped my Clan Invasion pledge for a couple extra boxes of mechs as well as a giant Dropshop.

I’m definitely gonna be at like 150 mechs by the end of the year. I could run a full lance of Kodiaks and King Crabs!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Crablance sounds very cool and good

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

More progress. Just some shading/highlighting to do then in not sure how much more detail I should add.

Can anyone tell me about the new clan invasion Kickstarter?looks like it's on crodox still(when till)? I only have the armored warfare box. What are the force packs?

https://app.crowdox.com/projects/450703636/battletech-clan-invasion

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Pledge manager closes at the end of January, delivery of wave 1 stuff was announced for delivery late March/April when the kickstarter launched and hasn't changed that I'm aware of. Wave 2 stuff was announced for late this year.

Kinda dumb that the various items aren't listed on the CrowdOx page but here are the relevant "what's in each pack" images from the kickstarter:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Cool, is there much method to the madness here if I'm just painting a bunch of Wolf's dragoons?

Literally just own the one box

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

They're the Dragoons, they use anything they want because they're special.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

w00tmonger posted:

Cool, is there much method to the madness here if I'm just painting a bunch of Wolf's dragoons?

Literally just own the one box

'Mechs that the Wolf's Dragoons used commonly enough to be associated with them are (in terms of heaviest to lightest) at the start of the Clan Invasion:

Marauder II*
Imp*
Atlas
Annihilator*
Cyclops^
Stalker
Shogun*
Longbow
Battlemaster
Zeus^
Victor
Awesome
Orion
Marauder
Black Knight
Warhammer^
Guillotine
Grasshopper
Archer^
Thunderbolt
Crusader
Bombardier
Rifleman
Quickdraw
Ostsol
Ostroc
Dragon
Champion
Wolverine
Shadow Hawk
Scorpion
Hoplite*
Griffin
Dervish
Trebuchet
Hunchback
Enforcer
Crab
Centurion
Wyvern
Phoenix Hawk
Blackjack
Whitworth
Vulcan
Hermes II
Clint
Assassin
Wolfhound
Panther
Ostscout
Jenner
Firestarter
Valkyrie
Spider
Javelin
Firefly*
Falcon
Mongoose
Commando
Wasp
Stinger
Locust
Hornet
Flea

'Mechs marked with a * indicate that they were exclusively Dragoons units around that time. 'Mechs marked with a ^ indicate that at least one famous Dragoons character piloted that design at some point.

Inner Sphere/ComStar packs sorted by how many of those units are on that list:

Inner Sphere Command Lance (Marauder, Archer^, Valkyrie, Stinger)
Inner Sphere Battle Lance (Warhammer^, Rifleman, Phoenix Hawk, Wasp)
Inner Sphere Fire Lance (Stalker, Longbow, Zeus^, Trebuchet)
Inner Sphere Direct Fire Lance (Atlas, Marauder II*, Orion, Crusader)
Inner Sphere Striker Lance (Blackjack, Panther, Wolfhound, Jenner)

Inner Sphere Support Lance (Cyclops, Dragon, Spider)
Inner Sphere Urban Lance (Victor, Enforcer, Hunchback)
ComStar Battle Level II (Guillotine, Crab, Mongoose)

Inner Sphere Heavy Lance (Grasshopper, Centurion)

ComStar Command Level II (Black Knight)

Inner Sphere Heavy Battle Lance

Defiance Industries posted:

They're the Dragoons, they use anything they want because they're special.

This is also correct.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
What the heck is Crowdox and does that mean I can still get in if I missed it earlier?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Atlas Hugged posted:

What the heck is Crowdox and does that mean I can still get in if I missed it earlier?

its their pledge manager, and maybe! I think they allow 'late' backing. I was able to jumbo expand my backing.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Horsebanger posted:

Ironwind is the most functional geocities site I've seen.

https://www.peterpig.co.uk/

Never forget one of the most important historical minis producers in wargaming history. Weird that this is actually better than it used to be.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Is any of the Kickstarter stuff going to make it to retail or anything?

Horsebanger posted:

its their pledge manager, and maybe! I think they allow 'late' backing. I was able to jumbo expand my backing.

Most KS's I've backed have required you to jump on during the initial funding phase to get access to the pledge manager - is this different?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Presumably the minis and the boxes will.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
You can still pledge now, late pledges are accepted presumably until the pledge manager closes at the end of January. I've also heard it will reopen when Wave 2 is preparing to ship.

We've been told that everything not marked a Kickstarter exclusive is going to make it to retail at some point. Smart money says that "retail" means the Catalyst webstore if nothing else.

Off the top of my head, the kickstarter exclusives are the dice bags, gold/black challenge coins, and collector's edition MechWarrior Legends book.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strobe posted:

Pledge manager closes at the end of January, delivery of wave 1 stuff was announced for delivery late March/April when the kickstarter launched and hasn't changed that I'm aware of. Wave 2 stuff was announced for late this year.

Kinda dumb that the various items aren't listed on the CrowdOx page but here are the relevant "what's in each pack" images from the kickstarter:

For this Kickstarter, if I want to make sure I get 1 of each Mech, which pledge would I want to purchase?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Galaxy Commander gets you 18 out of 19(/20 with Legendary MechWarrior pack), and will also get you the new box set and a shitload of swag plus about 10 extra blindbox Clan Mechs.

Ala carte ($1 tier and add-ons) you're looking at ~$492 for exactly one of every mech pack plus the Urbanmech and the box set Mechs without the rest of the box.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strobe posted:

Galaxy Commander gets you 18 out of 19(/20 with Legendary MechWarrior pack), and will also get you the new box set and a shitload of swag plus about 10 extra blindbox Clan Mechs.

Ala carte ($1 tier and add-ons) you're looking at ~$492 for exactly one of every mech pack plus the Urbanmech and the box set Mechs without the rest of the box.

I'm going to wait and buy the rest afterwards :P I decided to go with the Bloodnamed pledge.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

I said come in! posted:

I'm going to wait and buy the rest afterwards :P I decided to go with the Bloodnamed pledge.

This is what I picked also. Seemed like the best balance of actually getting stuff and not being buried alive by swag.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strobe posted:

This is what I picked also. Seemed like the best balance of actually getting stuff and not being buried alive by swag.

I am excited about getting the pin, and patch, but the t-shirt I can do without. I just want the mechs. 25 mechs is a nice number, excited the most to paint those. Will have to read the books at some point that were included with the order too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got a new paintbrush today too, ready to paint my first Battletech figures. :toot:

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Strobe posted:

Pledge manager closes at the end of January

Where did this get announced, I must have missed it?

I don't need a dropship
My children need juice
I don't need a dropship
I don't need a dropship

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Prefect Six posted:

Where did this get announced, I must have missed it?

I don't need a dropship
My children need juice
I don't need a dropship
I don't need a dropship

It's hidden several sentences into one of the Kickstarter updates (maybe backer only update?):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/450703636/battletech-clan-invasion/posts/2714531

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
is Tukayyid an earth like planet? In my head I always throught of it like a rural world with very little industry making it perfect for a Trial world.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

There are no planets like Terra, only Terra. Seriously, they had to invent new ratings on the USIIR because comparing Terra to places like Tharkad or New Avalon would be selling it short.

Tukayyid is the kind of world that's all over the Inner Sphere: lovely, but not so lovely that everyone on the planet died when the Star League fell. It's hotter and drier than Terra, but not too much hotter and drier, so it exported food and not much else. Of course a bunch of people moved there once ComStar got bounced from Terra and they relocated there, started a military academy for the Star League and all that. But prior to that it was mostly just farmers spread out over tracts of land.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Quick question about Alpha Strike - is it possible to mix eras without breaking the game too badly or should we stick to stuff from the same era?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

When you say breaking the game too badly, do you mean "more than it already does in TT"

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
When does the timeline advance again, god drat

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

General Battuta posted:

Theoretically when the Il-Clan book comes out, if it ever does

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Azran posted:

Quick question about Alpha Strike - is it possible to mix eras without breaking the game too badly or should we stick to stuff from the same era?

Alpha Strike is better balanced than regular BT, as one of the big effects of simplification was the ability to really understand a unit in terms of its effectiveness in the game. Everything is costed based on its combat abilities regardless of timeline, so that in theory you should find that any era should be able to be mixed just fine. It's possible to break things down with asymmetries of course (number disparities could be bad, for instance).

General Battuta posted:

Maybe GenCon.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

What’s the word for the feeling you get when you were totally going to go try to play BT somewhere with other people for the first time but you totally fuckin’ forgot and will be gone next month so you’re SOL for like a quarter of the year?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

food court bailiff posted:

What’s the word for the feeling you get when you were totally going to go try to play BT somewhere with other people for the first time but you totally fuckin’ forgot and will be gone next month so you’re SOL for like a quarter of the year?

I'm sure there's a critical hit or ammo explosion pun in there if you look for it. That sucks. I probably won't get in a game of Battletech until my son is 7 or 8 years old. Only... 3 years to go.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Speaking of critical hits and ammo explosions, does Alpha Strike have any way to simulate the 'golden BB" effect? Do units with LBX autocannons get more crit changes or something?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In 2 weeks from today I'm launching a narrative campaign with a bunch of cool hooks and some homebrew mechanics (faction rep, etc) and I'm so anxious because I've never done anything like this before fingers loving crossed it pays off

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

General Battuta posted:

Speaking of critical hits and ammo explosions, does Alpha Strike have any way to simulate the 'golden BB" effect? Do units with LBX autocannons get more crit changes or something?

Not as such, but a to-hit roll of 12 is an automatic crit, just like a TAC in regular BT.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Cross-posting from the painting thread:

Endman posted:

This thread needs more :pcgaming: Battletech :pcgaming:

I like this green so much I think I'll paint a whole lance in this colour.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

drat that looks fantastic.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That is a gorgeous green!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hell yeah, that green owns.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Strobe posted:

Not as such, but a to-hit roll of 12 is an automatic crit, just like a TAC in regular BT.

Is this in the rules as an optional variant? I’ve never seen it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Is this in the rules as an optional variant? I’ve never seen it

It's in the errata and was included in the Commamder's Edition. It is not an optional rule.