Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bogan Krkic posted:

I signed a 36 year old Lionel Messi on a free for West Ham, and our first game of the season was away to Stoke. He fails to take any shots and I drag him after an hour of doing absolutely nothing.

Smash cut to the end of the season, and he's scored twice and set up another as we put Manchester United to the sword in the Champions League final, but he'll never be able to say he could cut it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke.

I love this so much you have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
There's no prime-time pressure like playing in a drenched pitch in front of a bunch of pissed blokes in Staffordshire; penalty kick in the CL final is a doddle compared to that.

*Note that author grew up in Stafford and humiliated himself many times in front of pissed etc etc

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

The worst part of winning the CL is that I'm getting massive offers for all my young players who are never gonna make it, I'm looking to cash in and the fuckers are turning down first team football elsewhere to stay at West Ham even without me offering them improved terms. Just gently caress off I'm never going to get another hundred million dollar offer for your championship quality at best rear end

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

In 19, you were able to set coaching assignments in training for the U23s and U18s. Since they've introduced the Dev Center, I can't find that control any more. Anyone seen it?

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
The only time I can seem to find it is when I take full control of the player training for the U23 and U18s. So just take control of training, move your coach assignments around, and then delegate your training back to whoever. At least that's what I do.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

AlbertFlasher posted:

The only time I can seem to find it is when I take full control of the player training for the U23 and U18s. So just take control of training, move your coach assignments around, and then delegate your training back to whoever. At least that's what I do.

Seems like a pain but I’ll give it a go. Thanks, Goon.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
They honestly consider it a feature that you're locked out of basic quality of life stuff for the development sides without taking 100% control of them. The people in charge of some major aspects of the game design are shockingly dense.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I love taking a new job in a new league only to find that the only staff willing to join want more than I can afford to pay them, even once I include bonuses and clauses.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I now have a new favorite Football Manager accomplishment ever, the Bizarro Triple: won the Championship, FA Cup, and Europa League in the same season.

Fixture congestion? Like you wouldn’t believe. At least we bombed out of the League Cup early.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Eric the Mauve posted:

I now have a new favorite Football Manager accomplishment ever, the Bizarro Triple: won the Championship, FA Cup, and Europa League in the same season.

Fixture congestion? Like you wouldn’t believe. At least we bombed out of the League Cup early.

How did you manage that? Won the FA Cup from the Championship the previous year and didn't get promoted?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
how does homegrown rules and loans work in FM20?

If I loan out a 17 year old player will he still get to count as club homegrown after the 3 years or does he still have to actually be at the club training?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

MrBling posted:

If I loan out a 17 year old player will he still get to count as club homegrown after the 3 years or does he still have to actually be at the club training?

I'm pretty sure it counts as long as he's under contract to your club.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MrBling posted:

Pretty sure if he's registered to play at another club then it stops the counter for your club.

Just like you can't loan a player to another country and have it still build trained in nation time.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Just had to sell my future superstar Good Premier League DC to Dortmund. Hopefully £5m (£7.5m) + 20% of next sale will actually work out to a decent deal for us.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

kingturnip posted:

Just had to sell my future superstar Good Premier League DC to Dortmund. Hopefully £5m (£7.5m) + 20% of next sale will actually work out to a decent deal for us.

Likewise, the board just sold my future Ligue 1 striker out from under me for a fraction of what I'd have gotten for him after promotion. But then his leg promptly shattered into 17 pieces as soon as he joined his new club. Glad to see that happening to the AI for a change.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I don't mind the board selling players out from under me when I'm managing a cash-challenged club. That poo poo does happen IRL. But is it too much to ask for them to tell you in advance "hey, if we get any bids for more than $X we're selling this guy" or at least like, 2 days out, tell you "hey, we're in advanced negotiations to sell $STAR_MIDFIELDER to Real Madrid so he can rot in their reserve squad, so you should probably work out a replacement"? Because the board selling your best player out from under you with no warning with 1 hour left in the transfer window, that is some real bullshit.

sebzilla posted:

How did you manage that? Won the FA Cup from the Championship the previous year and didn't get promoted?

Sorry, never saw your post before--they won the FA Cup while getting relegated the previous year and I came on in the summer. So not as impressive as your scenario, even after I sold three unhappy players the team was easily the best in the Championship.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
When's FM getting updated to reflect Man City getting banned from the CL for two years

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Azhais posted:

When's FM getting updated to reflect Man City getting banned from the CL for two years

Reports said they'll appeal so probably not till after that.

I assume the appeal will just be giving money to the right people who then go aw shucks you scamps i cannot stay mad at you and they revoke the ban.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ah, the psg method

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Azhais posted:

Happened too late for the winter update even if it wasn't getting appealed.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

well at least they have the killer feature for fm21

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I think I'm damaged inside, because I enjoy nothing more then taking a dogshit Bundesliga 3 team and scraping together a midtable season.

Wassup, Karlsruhe.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
So the only ME change in the new update was in regards to set pieces?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ragingsheep posted:

So the only ME change in the new update was in regards to set pieces?

There were a lot of iterations of the match engine leading up to the public release, tweaking a lot of pointless, inconsequential things.

They had largely abandoned it as a bad job around Nov/Dec and started thinking ahead to getting it right in FM21, fingers crossed.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

sassassin posted:

They had largely abandoned it as a bad job around Nov/Dec and started thinking ahead to getting it right in FM21, fingers crossed.

Business as usual then?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Azhais posted:

Never mind that, when does it get updated to reflect a Covid-19 ravaged world?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moktaro posted:

Never mind that, when does it get updated to reflect a Covid-19 ravaged world?

You can go into the editor and add a new disease. Toss in COVID-19 and give all the teams a year long supporter ban and there you go.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
On the plus side, FM21 will have the most realistic match engine ever.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/FootballManager/status/1240293351414476800?s=20

Weedle
May 31, 2006

sure, i’ll see for myself how bad this match engine is

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Lot of people gonna be raging at the end of that week.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Your 2038 World Cup semifinalists: France, Senegal, Norway, and the United States.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Tried to boot up a save from fm2013 and found it's corrupted. The nightmares keep compounding in this hellworld.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
so is fm20 good y/n

gonna mess around with the free trial but i know i won't get to play enough to form a real opinion

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's better than FM19 but probably not $50 better

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Anyone know if the Norwegian league has any major problems with how its set up? Decided to try it out but I vaguely remember it being broken somehow, maybe?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Free play extended to April 1st.

Still haven't decided whether I want to start a career in the boonies or do a major league again... I've only played Dutch leagues beyond half a season testing in this version.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Hoping at the end of the trial miles slashes the price, I'd buy it if that happens.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
I haven't really played much this time round, but thought I'd give a whirl since there's not much else to do at the moment.

2 minutes in to the first match of the new save:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyuWnXMH3Is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Stotty posted:

I haven't really played much this time round, but thought I'd give a whirl since there's not much else to do at the moment.

2 minutes in to the first match of the new save:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyuWnXMH3Is

The striker never scores that without the defender's slide tackle making the ball "loose".