Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotor posted:

Vega seems like a Netbeans guy, idk why

which vega, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the one in sf2?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotor posted:

the one in sf2?

did u kno?

in the original version of the game, M. Bison was a ripoff of Mike Tyson, Balrog had a claw, and Vega was the dictator??

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Captain Foo posted:

Balrog had a claw

But did he have wings?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

rotor posted:

NEW QUESTION:

What editor would Guile use?

notepad++

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

rotor posted:

curious about what kind of information would be in the manual that you'd need

there are a bunch of DIP switches and a PS/2 port in addition to the ADB ports

some keys are movable, eg swap control and caps lock (since it’s non locking) and swap \ and *

etc.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

rotor posted:

NEW QUESTION:

What editor would Guile use?

one actuated w/ his feet. where's fib? i'm sure one of his chorded things would let you type by kicking it

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!

Blotto Skorzany posted:

one actuated w/ his feet. where's fib? i'm sure one of his chorded things would let you type by kicking it

You can get official pedals for your ergodox, and I could wire some into a qmk firmware keyboard no problem

34 keys under my fingers and thumbs is all I need though

Check out these cool artisan keycaps I got

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my ergodox ez arrives today and i'm loving terrified

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Fib posted:

that's going to be hella awkward on that low profile keyboard you've got there

pram
Jun 10, 2001

akadajet posted:

that's going to be hella awkward on that low profile keyboard you've got there

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
miami vice poker II with the clears fits nicely on this here 16" mbp

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

did u kno?

in the original version of the game, M. Bison was a ripoff of Mike Tyson, Balrog had a claw, and Vega was the dictator??

yes

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Fib posted:

You can get official pedals for your ergodox, and I could wire some into a qmk firmware keyboard no problem

34 keys under my fingers and thumbs is all I need though

noice

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i had to buy a can of compressed air-like gas for my Macbook Pro keyboard. never used it before.

review: it works.

honestly i wasn’t sure it would Work, given how the keyboard is; taking into consideration it’s keyboard parameters. but it does work.

still... you gotta wonder—if Steve Jobs was alive—is there any possible innovations he could make in compressed air

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Just bought a Maltron left handed keyboard, gonna get real good at lefty typing.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

i had to buy a can of compressed air-like gas for my Macbook Pro keyboard. never used it before.

review: it works.

honestly i wasn’t sure it would Work, given how the keyboard is; taking into consideration it’s keyboard parameters. but it does work.

still... you gotta wonder—if Steve Jobs was alive—is there any possible innovations he could make in compressed air

minimal to no pleasure

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

not even trace amounts

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m keen on one of those compressed air guns but not for $100

pram
Jun 10, 2001
pleasure neutral posting

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

GameCube posted:

my ergodox ez arrives today and i'm loving terrified

i googled this and this first result was l*nus t*ch t**ls so congrats i guess

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

graph posted:

i googled this and this first result was l*nus t*ch t**ls so congrats i guess

:cursed:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

Just bought a Maltron left handed keyboard, gonna get real good at lefty typing.

what’s the other hand going to be doing?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I did another thing

https://imgur.com/gallery/LsimzKN

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Progressive JPEG posted:

what’s the other hand going to be doing?

please don't report back

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Hanging limply at my side atrophying slowly, what do you do with your right arm while typing?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Some day I will have both the 1-hand left AND 1-hand right keyboards and I will type everything in perfect alternating handedness.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

that's neat and the colours look great but gl using that on a windows machine that needs Ctrl+Alt+Del to logon :lol:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Pile Of Garbage posted:

that's neat and the colours look great but gl using that on a windows machine that needs Ctrl+Alt+Del to logon :lol:

del is backspace on the second layer ;)

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
https://www.twitter.com/gHeavyIndustry/status/1212920395612819456

finally, a keyboard that fits all my daily needs

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

but watch out, the wrist rest is a doozy

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
It's been two days since my velocifire vm01 arrived and I'm in love. Thanks a bunch. Better than all those triple priced razers I tried.
Also I have already ordered some colorful pbt caps and such. Does anyone know how these really old styled caps called? Square and high ones but with rounded edges on top? Seem like newer typewriter kind of keys or early 80's computer keys that come from a built-in keyboard.

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 16, 2020

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

AntherUslessPoster posted:

It's been two days since my velocifire vm01 arrived and I'm in love. Thanks a bunch. Better than all those triple priced razers I tried.
Also I have already ordered some colorful pbt caps and such. Does anyone know how these really old styled caps called? Square and high ones but with rounded edges on top? Seem like newer typewriter kind of keys or early 80's computer keys that come from a built-in keyboard.

you may be thinking of SA profile, they own

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Jenny Agutter posted:

you may be thinking of SA profile, they own

Exactly, thanks!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Typing this post on a Maltron one-handed keyboard. Three days in, the board is a mix of high and low quality. It took 3 weeks to build and ship, and they are not cheap. The main summary is that Malton isn't making enthusiast boards, so expect some rough corners.

Good: The layout feels great. Obviously you have to make some sacrifices on a one-handed board, but they put a lot of thought into it. There are no layers, instead you have your thumb handling I U , . Z. I think that learning dvorak made it way easier to learn as I'm already getting around quite well.

Bad: Caps are poo poo with mold marks everywhere. Keys double press constantly which is so tilting when learning a new layout. Some guy on reddit said it was due to not having diodes, but I don't know what that means. The ctrl, shift, and alt keys are toggles which you press once prior to the second key. I like this in theory, but they get stuck and seem glitchy. Their documentation and website are trash and I can't figure out what the "fun lock" key does.

Overall, beggars can't be choosers, so... 7 out of 10.

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!

Salt Fish posted:

Some guy on reddit said it was due to not having diodes, but I don't know what that means.

If you have e.g. 100 keys and a little microcontroller checking what you pressed, there aren’t enough input pins for each key and switch to get its own. To get around this, you make a keyboard matrix where each key connects a column and a row. If you don’t have a diode in there, you can get phantom presses when you have several keys held down.

http://blog.komar.be/how-to-make-a-keyboard-the-matrix/

Getting double presses of the same key, though, sounds like mad switches or bad debouncing to me.

Edit: they have cherry switches with diodes in them but don’t hook up the diodes??

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71019.0

You could resolder all this in a weekend into a proper matrix with a modern microcontroller running qmk firmware, that would solve the ghosting I bet

Double Edit:
The keycaps in that geekhack thread look like a DSA or similar sculpt, there isn’t even a different sculpt for different fingers. You could pick up a uniform sculpt set of keycaps to replace the ones you don’t like. https://pimpmykeyboard.com will do DSA blanks in various colours and sizes as well as conventional keycap sets so you could look there for example.

pseudopresence fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 1, 2020

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

this is what a hand wired matrix with diodes looks like if you wanna see

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fun lock makes everything more amusing

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I just splurged on a refurbed model m, because I'm so sick of typing with brown switches. gently caress you, cherry mx brown! gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mike12345 posted:

I just splurged on a refurbed model m, because I'm so sick of typing with brown switches. gently caress you, cherry mx brown! gently caress you.

uh huh....