Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

I actually hate birds a lot. I'm sorry. It's a phobia thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

they are FAST.

but even ducks?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Watching my bird feeder is basically like watching bird-Maury every day. Sure, it's probably garbage, but it's BIRD garbage and that's what matters.

alnilam

Dr.D-O posted:

Hail and well met.

Giving me major neverwinter nights flashbacks

Hi! Do you have any pets hobbies or cool crimes to tell us about?

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous posted:

hi hello i am posting in byob

some parts of modern life, like byob, are really wonderful.

Mummy Napkin
how do i set up a feeder to have a bunch of raccoons to come over to my house and hang out and do funny stuff? just straight up open the garbage can?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Mummy Napkin posted:

how do i set up a feeder to have a bunch of raccoons to come over to my house and hang out and do funny stuff? just straight up open the garbage can?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c7m-EhQhFU
This documentary series has lots of good info

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

they are FAST.

but even ducks?

Ducks are the one exception. But they are also tasty so this probably makes me a bad man.

Mummy Napkin

Heather Papps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c7m-EhQhFU
This documentary series has lots of good info

hmmm..yes, yes *scribbles in legal pad*

Escape From Noise

hamjobs posted:

Watching my bird feeder is basically like watching bird-Maury every day. Sure, it's probably garbage, but it's BIRD garbage and that's what matters.

Aren't pigeons bird garbage? Or are they garbage birds...?

arcticmog

Goona get you!

But do you like moggies.

arcticmog

Goona get you!

Aren't pigeons bird garbage? Or are they garbage birds...?

They are rubbish the trash birds.

Escape From Noise

arcticmog posted:

But do you like moggies.

Based on googling this and my understanding that it means basically cats: yes

arcticmog

Goona get you!

Based on googling this and my understanding that it means basically cats: yes

There’s a problem with this, you must produce a picture of a moggie if you claim to love one.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Aw frick

Hello old friend arcticmog!

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Mummy Napkin posted:

Have you done T H E R I T U A L yet?

Mummy Napkin

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Have you done T H E R I T U A L yet?

Yeah, but I think I did it wrong. No raccoons showed up and now I have anal fissures

arcticmog

Goona get you!

hamjobs posted:

Aw frick

Hello old friend arcticmog!

I’ve come back from the dead to give the living haircuts.

City of Glompton

hello, good morning everyone, i woke up early today and i feel like i have all the time in the world (i do not)

it's supposed to snow for several days and finally act like winter here. i should get some more birdseed so the squirrels can steal it since they finally learned how to defeat my squirrel proof feeder

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Professor of Cats

Morning! I also need to fill up my bird feeder. We get all kinds of finches and sparrows, flickers, wood peckers, doves ( both morning and black collared) and scrub jays!

The Robin's are only interested in the bird bath though.

Goons Are Gifts

If you ever wondered to make your mango go smooth and easily enjoyable, here it is

City of Glompton

oh man i love scrub jays. they are so rowdy.

we have a few robins (sometimes i put berries out for them in the winter) but mostly sparrows and juncos. i did see a lazuli bunting a couple times this summer, and some adorable red-breasted nuthatches this fall. every now and then the neighborhood quail come by but it's rare.

Heather Papps

hello friend

I want a raven so bad

biosterous

i'm the only one in the office! nobody has turned on the radio! it is quiet and productive and chill in here hooray

the only downside is that since the boss is not in then neither are his dogs

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Professor of Cats

Heather Papps posted:

I want a raven so bad

You and me both friend. We get mostly crows, which are awesome but once in a while i see and hear a kick rear end Raven in the area.

City of Glompton posted:

oh man i love scrub jays. they are so rowdy.

:3: they are my favorite. We have a family of them that seems to live in my neighbor's evergreen.

City of Glompton

Goons Are Great posted:

If you ever wondered to make your mango go smooth and easily enjoyable, here it is

holy...

Queen-Of-Hearts

Good mango, friends. I don't particularly like mangos but im glad they bring some of you happiness.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

alnilam posted:

My first summer away from college, my college friends and i all went home with the same shared collection of Beast Wars :filez: that we had been watching through and we would get on an AIM chat and sync them up with a simple countdown and watch them and chat together during each episode

That sounds like a blast! someone should do that with Reboot...

Heather Papps

hello friend

To mend, and defend.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

partiboi69/stingray is extremely byob and could have a thread of his own

City of Glompton posted:

hello, good morning everyone, i woke up early today and i feel like i have all the time in the world (i do not)

it's supposed to snow for several days and finally act like winter here. i should get some more birdseed so the squirrels can steal it since they finally learned how to defeat my squirrel proof feeder

i really like birds and was going to make a *very* similar post to this one but less chill about those dang squirrels. there's plenty of food for everyone but they're jerks to the birds and i do NOT appreciate it. we greased the pole (heh) and now they have switched to aerial insertion where one will jump onto the feeder from above and hang on for dear life, if he can hold on long enough for it to stop swinging he will then empty the feeder onto the ground below where his fat friends are waiting, some of who take point and make sure no birds can get anywhere near the Seed Zone

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Good mango, friends. I don't particularly like mangos but im glad they bring some of you happiness.

have you tried them dried? i really like them dried, they're like candy but you can pretend they're good for you. maybe they are

the mango cup trick is rad though, i wonder how hard it is to actually do

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
imagine Reboot but they exist in the Something awful Forums server

ChubbyChecker

Brute Squad posted:

petposting. one of my sisters dogs as a brand new puppy. this is chewbacca. or chewie. aptly named.

aaaaa

alnilam

Dash Rendar posted:

Would radium be a villain, or the old sensei guy

Queen-Of-Hearts

owlhawk911 posted:

partiboi69/stingray is extremely byob and could have a thread of his own

i really like birds and was going to make a *very* similar post to this one but less chill about those dang squirrels. there's plenty of food for everyone but they're jerks to the birds and i do NOT appreciate it. we greased the pole (heh) and now they have switched to aerial insertion where one will jump onto the feeder from above and hang on for dear life, if he can hold on long enough for it to stop swinging he will then empty the feeder onto the ground below where his fat friends are waiting, some of who take point and make sure no birds can get anywhere near the Seed Zone

have you tried them dried? i really like them dried, they're like candy but you can pretend they're good for you. maybe they are

the mango cup trick is rad though, i wonder how hard it is to actually do

I have tried all manor of mango and I Do Not Like It. I can't even place why. Just a "No" reaction in my brain.

Send me your squirrels I love them and want to be their friend

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Dash Rendar posted:

This is an amazing thread/article idea

xcheopis

alnilam posted:

Would radium be a villain, or the old sensei insensate guy

heh

MockingQuantum

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I have tried all manor of mango and I Do Not Like It. I can't even place why. Just a "No" reaction in my brain.

Send me your squirrels I love them and want to be their friend

I love mangos but they actually smell really strongly of unpleasant BO to me, for some reason, so it's always this game of eating them without smelling them, or more often, having them in something (like a smoothie) where the smell is muscled out by something more fragrant

thank you luvcow for the sig

Mummy Napkin
Mangos are one of the few fruits where the artificial flavoring they put in stuff actually tastes better than the fruit itself

MockingQuantum

re: birdchat, I'm not very good at visually distinguishing ravens vs crows (since around here they're both entirely black) but whatever variety of spookybirds we have around here, they're staggeringly huge, like bigger than my cat, I'm both impressed and intimidated by them

also, q for the more bird-knowledgeable among us, is it true there's some species of bird that's basically evolved to live off of garbage because their habitats got replaced by urban areas? Not thinking of pigeons/seagulls or other trashbirds, but one that like literally only eats trash. It's possible I dreamt this.

thank you luvcow for the sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

if they're that big then they're probably ravens. or maybe you have small cats?

i had coffee for the first time in weeks and i cannot believe how twitchy it has made me

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him