Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
I was going to vote for Biden but the notion of Larry being a regular POTUS on SNL convinced me otherwise. Thanks, Al Roker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

volts5000 posted:

Sorry guys, but Politifact cancelled Bernie again. Twice.

Politijoke was already taken to task by actual journalists

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1215377546642104322

Bonus article about fact checkers in addition to what podcasts like Citations Needed say.

https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1214912972574859264

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
Larry David maxed out to Pete and hasn't donated to other candidates.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

Damnit, Larry. Back to Biden then.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

droll posted:

Damnit, Larry. Back to Biden then.

"But he did say that Bernie would make a very good president."

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Uh, Warren has been on picket lines a lot and has been supporting unions and strikes?

she also crossed a picket line in Nevada twice to stay at a hotel whose workers were on strike

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Didn't he do one of those cringey celebrity readings of the Mueller report too?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Plugging Bernie on network TV is worth a lot more than $2,800.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

she also crossed a picket line in Nevada twice to stay at a hotel whose workers were on strike

seems pretty easy to chalk that up to the staffer who booked her there rather than anything deliberate

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

Typical Pubbie posted:

Plugging Bernie on network TV is worth a lot more than $2,800.

Yeah absolutely, this week alone he's said a Bernie presidency would be great for the country in two widely circulated clips.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Jesus loving Christ Larry.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

God bless Larry David. He is a walking Bernie endorsement by a beloved public figure. After his work on SNL, he can't escape it. I assure you, he has given more than $2800 worth of publicity to the Bernie campaign just by appearing on TV. Who cares about his actual donations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It is pretty great that all these rich celebs are so worried about their wealth being taxed they max out to a guy who would get absolutely demolished by Trump in the general.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

seems pretty easy to chalk that up to the staffer who booked her there rather than anything deliberate

Not taking responsibility for the actions of your underlings is a great qualification for Commander In Chief

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
If you think the donation isn't part of bundling and that these celebrities aren't really paying attention to the race at this moment, you're kidding yourself. It is pretty clear that most of them are clueless.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mcmagic posted:

Jesus loving Christ Larry.

Everybody in Hollywood has. It's pocket change. Hollywood is full of Pete boosters and a lot of Hollywood people have probably only got calls from them asking for money. Like Seth MacFarlane probably called his entire black book and most of them were probably like "ok" and cut a check

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Everybody in Hollywood has. It's pocket change. Hollywood is full of Pete boosters and a lot of Hollywood people have probably only got calls from them asking for money. Like Seth MacFarlane probably called his entire black book and most of them were probably like "ok" and cut a check

Sure, but of anyone you would expect Larry David to go "ehhh" and hang up and then later create an awkward brawl when he has to attend Seth MacFarlane's step-son's bar mitzvah and ends up causing a scene

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Failed Imagineer posted:

Sure, but of anyone you would expect Larry David to go "ehhh" and hang up and then later create an awkward brawl when he has to attend Seth MacFarlane's step-son's bar mitzvah and ends up causing a scene

Susie: WRITE THE loving CHECK LARRY! WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
YOU loving BALD LIB rear end in a top hat! SUPPORTING PETE BUTTIGIEG YOU SICK gently caress!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Fire all ‘fact-checkers’ into the sun

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Fire all fact-checkers into the sun

TRUMP: I want to fire every Muslim into the sun.
Dems: Trump wants to murder every Muslim.
Politifact: TRUMP DIDN'T ACTUALLY USE THE WORD MURDER. THREE PINOCCHIOS.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

VitalSigns posted:

Not taking responsibility for the actions of your underlings is a great qualification for Commander In Chief

Regardless it's not really indicative that she is anti-union if she corrected the issue and didn't repeat it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1215627286076121091

Bernard is no match for this:

https://twitter.com/BethLynch2020/status/1215662461291913216

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Jennifer Rubin wants Joe Biden to win, news at 11

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Regardless it's not really indicative that she is anti-union if she corrected the issue and didn't repeat it

Yeah it's an indication that she doesn't care, not that she's intentionally hostile to unions

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Failed Imagineer posted:

YOU loving BALD LIB rear end in a top hat! SUPPORTING PETE BUTTIGIEG YOU SICK gently caress!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

By repeat it you mean a third time? Because as I said she did it twice

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah it's an indication that she doesn't care, not that she's intentionally hostile to unions

or someone made a mistake and booked her for a picketed hotel

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

or someone made a mistake and booked her for a picketed hotel

repeatedly

https://twitter.com/organizingpower/status/1165132166344392704

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Got a good text from my dad about Bernie's PR tour

quote:

Saw your man Bernie on Colbert last night. He makes a lot of sense.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

presumably the same staffer who, having neglected to look it up in the first place, proceeded to book her for the same place she stayed the last time.

dem campaigns are generally pretty conscious of this, using exclusively union printers and buying from union vendors whenever possible. even the most conservative of dem candidates do this, so i find it hard to believe it wasn't just a mistake. especially since it is literally a unionized campaign. so ultimately i think the idea that it reflects personally on warren is absurd. if she was made aware of it and then did nothing to correct the issue, that would be different. but it was a couple times at the same location which seems to me like someone hosed up vetting rather than some systemic hostility or whatever toward labor

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Bernie appearing on stuff like Colbert or Joe Rogan or anything else with broad appeal does wonders for his campaign because, unless you're a Chud or blood-gargling lib psychopath, you can't come away from hearing him speak without going "...huh, you know he's right about [insert thing Bernie is right about here]." And the best way around media filters is to speak directly to folks without a pundit or round table or whatever reframing your message.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
also

https://twitter.com/mitchellreports/status/1215689111681536005

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/1215694239650189316

throw staplers at every teen

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/meaganmday/status/1164706222538289152

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The more candidates that drop out the better it is for Bernie and nobody else.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Well that's just good, old fashioned midwestern values!

As far as Williamson is concerned, good riddance to that ableist, grifting piece of poo poo.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/WinWithJMC/status/1215683249986514944

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

If he steals the Sword of Chang, he will be unstoppable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Legit, how funny/sad would it be if Biden's campaign didn't manage to register for whatever reason?