Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Sure shooting down airplanes kills a lot of people but it also reduces greenhouse gases, so its impossible to tell if its bad or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

even if Iran shot down the plane, the blame should rightfully be placed on the USA for heightening tensions to the point where Iran is seriously worried for good reason that bombers or whatever are about to be flying into their air space

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

lol no.

gently caress carrying water for fascists, that includes iran.

what you don’t get is theres no point in pointing out iran’s problems when they are in conflict with a far greater evil. it takes zero courage to condemn some far away country while we’re in the region eternally loving with everyone and causing genocide level casualties on the regular. you’re pretending there is equivalence between our insane authoritarian empire and their theocracy. there isn’t. people in iran can condemn their own government, i’m sure it does suck rear end to live there (though in no small part due to our sanctions) but it’s not your place to make meaningless “condemnations” from far away while your government wracks far worse extreme violence constantly

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

right a plane engine catching fire is uncommon, even in the 737. a plane engine on fire is an emergency situation that is able to be mitigated without killing everyone. cut fuel and do a controlled landing as planes can fly on one engine.

an engine fire that engulfs the cabin and is completely unrecoverable is the thing that never happens.

"never"
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/us/southwest-airlines-explosion.html
that particular incident would have easily been a full plane destruction rather than a single casualty if a shrapnel hit something more sensitive than some windows like a fuel line/tank that caused a fire or a hydraulics line that caused loss of control

in short, you have zero evidence that this was a missile strike, and need to shut the gently caress up until you do.

Salean posted:

Sure shooting down airplanes kills a lot of people but it also reduces greenhouse gases, so its impossible to tell if its bad or not

unironically this. destroy all jets. ideally without people on board, but if they insist, well,

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol every loving time

"I'm just asking questions about this authoritarian country. I'm just concerned"

to

"Actually, Muslims are the real fascists."

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

You have zero evidence this was a missile strike. It's scientifically impossible. *bulldozes wreckage in to a pile* There's absolutely no way you could know. *buries debris in secret location* We don't have the technology. *Covers mobile AA battery with camo tarp*

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
How many videos are there? I've seen one showing it on fire and flying for nearly a minute before crashing, ones showing bursts of flames, and one where it has a burst right before impact that I don't recall in the first video.

Is there any where with the multiple videos combined?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Truga posted:

"never"
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/us/southwest-airlines-explosion.html
that particular incident would have easily been a full plane destruction rather than a single casualty if a shrapnel hit something more sensitive than some windows like a fuel line/tank that caused a fire or a hydraulics line that caused loss of control

i must have missed the part of the article where everyone was killed in a fully involved engine fire.

quote:

in short, you have zero evidence that this was a missile strike, and need to shut the gently caress up until you do.
it's the currently accepted as well as the most-plausible explanation. We also have video of it happening. you are just denying reality at this point. don't succumb to trump derangement syndrome.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not sure what point it would serve trying to figure out how something happened by watching grainy footage is pointless really. it’s just going to validate however you already feel

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Frijolero posted:

lol every loving time

"I'm just asking questions about this authoritarian country. I'm just concerned"

to

"Actually, Muslims are the real fascists."

islam is no more trash then any other religion, and a specific country being a fascist theocracy under islam says nothing about all muslims. that would be pretty problematic if someone believed that!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

islam is no more trash then any other religion, and a specific country being a fascist theocracy under islam says nothing about all muslims. that would be pretty problematic if someone believed that!

Shut the gently caress up liberal

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

500excf type r posted:

How many videos are there? I've seen one showing it on fire and flying for nearly a minute before crashing, ones showing bursts of flames, and one where it has a burst right before impact that I don't recall in the first video.

Is there any where with the multiple videos combined?

bellingcat is on it! lol

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

shut. the gently caress up. you nazi-defending racist piece of poo poo.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

who cares

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Anyone else remember how all the edgy 14 year old atheists who talked about how Christians and muslims were both bad in the early 2000s grew up to be nazis?

No reason im bringing it up tbh just a weird thing I remembered

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
Yep just gonna spend two whole days tellin the fellas in cspam that the USA rules and Iran drools. They'll come around.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Iran is not a fascist country, Iran has a democratically elected president and parliament. the only fascist country involved here is the demon cracker USA

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Iran is not a fascist country, Iran has a democratically elected president and parliament. the only fascist country involved here is the demon cracker USA

it also has a "supreme leader" that is the religious and political leader of the country that is above the president and has been serving for over 30 years and probably will be until he dies.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

IAMKOREA posted:

Yep just gonna spend two whole days tellin the fellas in cspam that the USA rules and Iran drools. They'll come around.

who the gently caress is defending the US? gently caress the US they created this fascist theocracy.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

LOL at literally having bill "islamo fascism" oreilly (with a loving Bernie avatar) itt

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
well there's no evidence of a missile strike and the plane apparently lost contact with ground control before the alleged strike but i am reconsidering now that bellingcat is on the case and we should probably bomb iran more just to make sure

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

who the gently caress is defending the US? gently caress the US they created this fascist theocracy.

Hey you should probably go to D&D to discuss this interesting question (and also not come back)

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

IAMKOREA posted:

Hey you should probably go to D&D to discuss this interesting question (and also not come back)

Nah DinD is the place where they deny reality and talk about how a meteor hitting the iranian airliner and causing it to crash is just as likely as a single undetected f-35 specifically shooting down that plane and of the million explanations iran shooting down their own plane is the only impossibility. I'm glad it's different here.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
If the plane was on fire for nearly a minute before crashing then to me the only way there was no radio communication AND the plane didn't break up in the air would be due to severe abrupt engine failure resulting in the loss of all power to the plane.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

500excf type r posted:

If the plane was on fire for nearly a minute before crashing then to me the only way there was no radio communication AND the plane didn't break up in the air would be due to severe abrupt engine failure resulting in the loss of all power to the plane.

maybe Iran didn’t launch missed but like tiny clubs

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

Anyone else remember how all the edgy 14 year old atheists who talked about how Christians and muslims were both bad in the early 2000s grew up to be nazis?

No reason im bringing it up tbh just a weird thing I remembered

Not only that but half of them wound up becoming obsessed with the idea of tradwives.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Islam is way better than Christianity which has proven to be pure evil and the animating force of genocide

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Nah DinD is the place where they deny reality and talk about how a meteor hitting the iranian airliner and causing it to crash is just as likely as a single undetected f-35 specifically shooting down that plane and of the million explanations iran shooting down their own plane is the only impossibility. I'm glad it's different here.

people arent being a dick to you because you are considering the possibility of an accident on iran’s side, they are being a dick to you because you’re coming across as an edgy atheist and using liberal talking points when discussing iran. i actually agree with you that an iranian fuckup is most likely. you suck though, take a break

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

THS posted:

people arent being a dick to you because you are considering the possibility of an accident on iran’s side, they are being a dick to you because you’re coming across as an edgy atheist and using liberal talking points when discussing iran. i actually agree with you that an iranian fuckup is most likely. you suck though, take a break

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm going to post in cspam to punish Islam!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

is this why we registered on this forum?
just to suffer?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

THS posted:

I only disagree with the bolded point, but I will never stop posting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

is this why we registered on this forum?
just to suffer?

my posting cross to bear

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

I only disagree with the bolded point, but I will never stop posting.

Framing things in the context of religion rather than the material forces and power dynamics at play is using liberal talking points

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
Getting news alerts that the US also tried to assassinate the top Iranian leadership in Yemen too but weren't successful

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

it's the currently accepted as well as the most-plausible explanation.

are you posting this atop a pile of iraqi wmds?

no?

then shut the gently caress up about what is accepted and plausible according to the white media.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Pretty loving big difference between a lie meant to justify an insane war, and a likely accident that doesn't provide an imperialist superpower any excuse to impose further sanctions or invade.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

Pretty loving big difference between a lie meant to justify an insane war, and a likely accident that doesn't provide an imperialist superpower any excuse to impose further sanctions or invade.

“listen, statistically, the black guy is likely the shoplifter. this is objective fact and definitely not informed by my wild racism”

maybe you you take inventory and confront your own inherent biases, KozmoNut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

we can literally see the US media trying to spin this into a justification for maintaining hostilities right now