Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
How's the new Legacy of the Dragonborn release? Stable/good? I kinda want to do a new playthrough but was waiting for it to release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How do you move a modded Skyrim install to a different drive? I know Steam can mostly just drag and drop and run once to fix, but can I do the same with the MO folder and the underlying mods? Gonna test my hardware later.

I just moved my portable MO install to another drive. You'll have to fix a few paths in MO settings for the mods/data directory, and if you have any executables like tesvedit et. al. you'll need to update or relocate them. Pretty clean process though, and only took a few minutes to fix.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Zore posted:

How's the new Legacy of the Dragonborn release? Stable/good? I kinda want to do a new playthrough but was waiting for it to release

I've been playing it for the first time. Only had one minor bug. I had the skull of the ghost horse from Dawnguard bug out and refuse to recognize the replica and it ended up taking the original but not displaying it so I had to use the emergency safe to get it back. This might be kinda my fault for looting the skull in Soul Cairn but not actually turning in the quest while there. It's an edge case. I also wish the Safehouse had a fast travel point to it but that is more preference.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I just moved my portable MO install to another drive. You'll have to fix a few paths in MO settings for the mods/data directory, and if you have any executables like tesvedit et. al. you'll need to update or relocate them. Pretty clean process though, and only took a few minutes to fix.
Doesn't sound like a problem, I can poke around in MO's settings because they're super sparse which is really user friendly. Thanks!

(I'm pretty sure the reason I didn't install this hard drive is because it didn't come with a SATA cable so the real question is whether I can buy one of those in person, maybe at Best Buy?)

edit: the answer was $10 at Best Buy or $4 off Amazon with Prime shipping so I saved myself six dollars in return for two days

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 12, 2020

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I had to reinstall everything after switching to a new computer and for some reason the creation kit refuses to install from the Bethesda launcher, how am I supposed to build houses for the beggars that I like now? :smith:

My other mods (and the game itself) are all working just fine, it's weird.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

The creation kit has always been as giant pain in the rear end for me. I can't seem to do anything at all on it. I don't know how anyone can work with it at all.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Problem solved! It WAS installed into the Bethesda launch folder but needed to be in the Skyrim folder. The follower halls return!

Ass_Burgerer posted:

The creation kit has always been as giant pain in the rear end for me. I can't seem to do anything at all on it. I don't know how anyone can work with it at all.

Yeah, the UI is... not great and how everything works isn't especially intuitive. The tutorial wiki helps but I've honestly learned more about how to use the creation kit by downloading other people's mods and opening them up and making my own custom tweaks. Like, I'll download something like the Lofty Loft in Solitude, wipe the inside objects and navmesh, change the door names and go to town making my own interior.

Probably the most important thing is that you have to have to jump into the kit's text files and add bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 under [General] in order to use more than one master file at a time, which you'll only find out by googling why you can't open multiple master files, so that sucks.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 13, 2020

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Pyrotoad posted:

Probably the most important thing is that you have to have to jump into the kit's text files and add bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 under [General] in order to use more than one master file at a time, which you'll only find out by googling why you can't open multiple master files, so that sucks.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I ran into that problem a while back and couldn't ever get it working in CK. Had to mash a solution together in TesVEdit.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So since I assume there isn't an Oblivion modding thread anymore this seems like the best place to ask.

Anyone got an idea why Oblivion would have everything but the audio freeze up every few seconds for a few seconds? Stuff like the stutter remover don't help.

Definitely seems to be related to audio since voice lines and sound effects starting seems to cause it.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 14, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hello how did I not know this mod existed

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29416

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Yeah that one came up in the thread a while ago. The most notable thing for me is that the scale of the architecture, both exteriors and interiors, is crazy compared to modern standards in games.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

It came up in this thread before. I haven't gotten very far in it because my game keeps crashing, but I think that's something on my end, not the mod's fault, I have a very ricketty set-up at the moment. Playing through Privateer's Hold again was a kick. In an attempt to be accurate to the original, the building proportions are out of whack.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Well, one crash too many has sent me over the edge. Time to wipe out the entire folder and do a clean new install. I saw someone mention the Noise pack on Wabbajack, though it looks like it is listed as under construction at the moment. How well tested are the modpacks for conflicts? Also confused as this Noise modpack says it requires a premium nexus account to use, which doesn't fill me with confidence.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Wabbajack in general needs a premium account to download anything, it's not specific to Noise.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Spending money for a lifetime nexus premium account years ago was a decision I made. I don't know if it was a good one.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I have a lifetime premium sub with the Nexus. Cost as much as a new AAA game and I've never regretted it.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Yep, just decided to go a lifetime also. I've used their website for years, and if it allows me to try out a nice new modpack tool and not spend hours trying to loving with stuff, it'll be well worth it. Now to wait for these SSE modpacks to get updates, as it looks like something they all use changed recently. Also time for me to go back to MO2. I used MO for LE, but for some reason it wasn't working when I initially tried it for SE. Vortex is okish, but has some annoying stuff and I'm ready to go back to the cleaner MO2 experience.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I tend to have enough other things that I'm doing that queuing up a download at their capped rate and coming back to it later isn't a bother. :shrug:

Now, two things have gotten me back into playing modding Skyrim: the release of Legacy of the Dragonborn v5, and the prospect that somegoon had made a Special Edition version of Brhuce Hammar.

Any chance I could get some help on that second item? I don't really want to start a proper game without it.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I just learned that the mods in my load with italic names are ESPs flagged as ESL. That makes me feel better about having all those LOTD patches in my load order. :v:

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Tried out Wabbajack for the first time, it seems like SKSE updated literally today, and now the Total Skyrim Overhaul wont install properly.

I don't really understand why, though. Shouldn't the modlist file still be pointing at an old version of SKSE because it doesn't know the new one exists? It definitely tries to download 2.0.17 which is today's version, but then says it's failed. The 2.0.17 file appears in the downloads folder along with a hash file.

Is there a way to force this dumb poo poo to install anyway? Wabbajack Discord is basically like "DONT ASK FOR WORKAROUNDS IT IS VERBOTEN" for reasons I also do not remotely understand.

Deuce fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 16, 2020

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

graynull posted:

Well, one crash too many has sent me over the edge. Time to wipe out the entire folder and do a clean new install. I saw someone mention the Noise pack on Wabbajack, though it looks like it is listed as under construction at the moment. How well tested are the modpacks for conflicts? Also confused as this Noise modpack says it requires a premium nexus account to use, which doesn't fill me with confidence.

The lists you find in Wabbajack itself are pretty well tested and can involve custom patches to fix stuff. Stuff you find on the Wabbajack discord under the public mod list submissions? That can be less tested. As for being under construction, this week has been a pain since so many different things have been updating. Easiest way to know when its fixed is their discord.

Also the Nexus API needs nexus premium to access, so it's not exactly their fault.

Deuce posted:

Tried out Wabbajack for the first time, it seems like SKSE updated literally today, and now the Total Skyrim Overhaul wont install properly.

I don't really understand why, though. Shouldn't the modlist file still be pointing at an old version of SKSE because it doesn't know the new one exists? It definitely tries to download 2.0.17 which is today's version, but then says it's failed. The 2.0.17 file appears in the downloads folder along with a hash file.

Is there a way to force this dumb poo poo to install anyway? Wabbajack Discord is basically like "DONT ASK FOR WORKAROUNDS IT IS VERBOTEN" for reasons I also do not remotely understand.
They don't want to get modders mad and throw a fit on Nexus till they make Wabbajack not work, or something. Gimmie a minute and I can mirror the one it's looking for. You'd just put it in the download folder and I think delete the hash file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sTnBIG31Ik13gXYRrQyRTA6pBllRPBLm
Someone found the github thing showing what the stuff changed in the newest one was, but I don't know anything about what any of it means.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 16, 2020

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

xanthan posted:

They don't want to get modders mad and throw a fit on Nexus till they make Wabbajack not work, or something. Gimmie a minute and I can mirror the one it's looking for. You'd just put it in the download folder and I think delete the hash file.

What I really don't get is why it's looking for a file that didn't exist when the modlist was published.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Deuce posted:

What I really don't get is why it's looking for a file that didn't exist when the modlist was published.

It did, then the SKSE website took it down earlier and replaced it with a slightly different one for some reason. So the version expected was no longer the one it got by itself. Yes this is stupid and a pain to deal with. Link in the previous post to the file from install's download folder for you, enjoy :)

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

xanthan posted:

It did, then the SKSE website took it down earlier and replaced it with a slightly different one for some reason. So the version expected was no longer the one it got by itself. Yes this is stupid and a pain to deal with. Link in the previous post to the file from install's download folder for you, enjoy :)

Thanks!

Edit: Welp, still no dice. Skyrim is too new for this version of SKSE.

Deuce fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 16, 2020

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Waiting for a download window in which nothing is loving broken seems to be the biggest challenge with Wabbajack so far. I've been trying to get Noise or Lexy all week. The downside of having to pull everything from original source mods and not being able to package them all up. First it was some poo poo from ENB, then Fartmoor updated something minor in LAL and now SKSE changes.

However, after my last stint of hand-modding resulted in lots of instability I couldn't track down, I guess waiting is still better.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Deuce posted:

Thanks!

Edit: Welp, still no dice. Skyrim is too new for this version of SKSE.

Are you sure? Is your Skyrim up to date? Special Edition, right?
Here, this one I got from another pack that I have already seen is still working so it should work unless your version of Skyrim is outdated.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

xanthan posted:

Are you sure? Is your Skyrim up to date? Special Edition, right?
Here, this one I got from another pack that I have already seen is still working so it should work unless your version of Skyrim is outdated.

"You are usiing a newer version of Skyrim than this version of SKSE64 supports...

Runtime: 1.5.97
SKSE: 2.0.15

Special edition, yes.

I imagine Skyrim has updated, which is what prompted the SKSE update, and none of the wabbajack modlists have updated for the new SKSE yet.

I managed to get past the SKSE version issue by downgrading a notch with the steam console and pointing it at old SkyrimSE files, but that triggers a different version incompatibility warning for "racemenu" and crashes immediately on launch.

Deuce fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 17, 2020

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

does anyone have experience with PS4 mods?
I’ve been having a good time playing Skyrim again with a few QoL mods, but have been stuck in the Soul Cairn in Dawnguard after killing that dragon. Vampire lady’s mother is now refusing to move and give me the Elder Scroll, which is a game killer. Disabling everything allows me to continue, but makes me naked as all weapons and armor I carry is modded content.

Short of starting a new, is there anything I can do apart from trying to disable various mods or combinations hereof to see if it fixes it?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Deuce posted:

"You are usiing a newer version of Skyrim than this version of SKSE64 supports...

Runtime: 1.5.97
SKSE: 2.0.15

Special edition, yes.

I imagine Skyrim has updated, which is what prompted the SKSE update, and none of the wabbajack modlists have updated for the new SKSE yet.

I managed to get past the SKSE version issue by downgrading a notch with the steam console and pointing it at old SkyrimSE files, but that triggers a different version incompatibility warning for "racemenu" and crashes immediately on launch.

Did you copy the stuff from the "Game Folder Files" folder in your Wabbajack install to the game folder? Since the version I posted is the 2.0.17 if I remember right.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

xanthan posted:

Did you copy the stuff from the "Game Folder Files" folder in your Wabbajack install to the game folder? Since the version I posted is the 2.0.17 if I remember right.

I just launched the mod organizer that TSO created inside the folder it installed everything to. I guess I missed that step

The modlists are starting to update, including TSO, so I'm running it again and crossing my fingers.

Deuce fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 17, 2020

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Deuce posted:

I just launched the mod organizer that TSO created inside the folder it installed everything to. I guess I missed that step

The modlists are starting to update, including TSO, so I'm running it again and crossing my fingers.

Well, there's the problem. They could do better with actually pointing out that step, but do that and you should be fine. Seems like you had an old version of the script extender in your game folder, not the current one.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Iacen posted:

I’ve been having a good time playing Skyrim again with a few QoL mods, but have been stuck in the Soul Cairn in Dawnguard after killing that dragon. Vampire lady’s mother is now refusing to move and give me the Elder Scroll, which is a game killer. Disabling everything allows me to continue, but makes me naked as all weapons and armor I carry is modded content.

Short of starting a new, is there anything I can do apart from trying to disable various mods or combinations hereof to see if it fixes it?

gently caress, I remember having that bug on ps4 but I cant remember how i solved it. Sorry, Ill think on it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Iacen posted:

What mods? If they have PC equivalents you might poke around on the web pages for the PC versions and see if anyone has had the same problem on the computer.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Install Total Skyrim Overhaul. See a wolf. Shoot at wolf. Wolf attacks once. "Damnit, my bow has been torn apart!"

Yeah gently caress this.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Deuce posted:

Install Total Skyrim Overhaul. See a wolf. Shoot at wolf. Wolf attacks once. "Damnit, my bow has been torn apart!"

Yeah gently caress this.

Yeah, TSO is meant to be dick-punchingly hard. NOISE is less drastic and closer to vanilla but better instead.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Skwirl posted:

What mods? If they have PC equivalents you might poke around on the web pages for the PC versions and see if anyone has had the same problem on the computer.

These are my mods:
Combat Music Fix (PS4)
Lore and gender heights
DLC integration
Even better quest objectives
Rustic weathers and Lighting
Supreme and volumetric fog
[PS4] Lampposts of Skyrim
Bridges of Skyrim
Point the way
Ruins of Winterhold
Skyrim is windy
Fallen Trees
Dense grass
Lore-based loading screens
Immersive leveling
Rich Skyrim merchants
Smilodon- combat of Skyrim
BIG: maximum kill move chance
BIG: more kill moves and decapitation
Unlimited Shouting
Legendary creatures
Kpatch vanilla AF dragon
Less aggressive animals (PS4)
Immersive Citizens - AI overhaul
Realistic Conversations
Vampire Knights
Sabre Cats Respawn
Rain and Snow FX
Re-Color Replacer Pack
Animated Weapon Enchants
True Alteration Armor visuals
Various dragons
ELE Interior Lighting Overhaul
Improved Sounds
Moral Tong Master Assassin Armor
Katana Pack
TAOS: The art of smithing
Missing Tempering recipes fix
Paladin, Ranger & Mercenary Armor
Portable Tools
WAR: Immersive Weapons
Magical College of Winterhold
Better LooT
Rebalanced Leveled Lists
PS4 - harvest overhaul
[PS4] Go Away Map Clouds

I did try a quick and dirty Google search but no luck.

PS4 Insignificant Object Remover

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

xanthan posted:

Yeah, TSO is meant to be dick-punchingly hard. NOISE is less drastic and closer to vanilla but better instead.

And as an added bonus, it doesn't have big tiddy waifus everywhere. (although a lot of the NPCs look like models now)

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that modpacks were a mistake. They make it easier to play Skyrim, and I'm realizing I'm not entirely sure I actually like playing Skyrim.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Deuce posted:

And as an added bonus, it doesn't have big tiddy waifus everywhere. (although a lot of the NPCs look like models now)

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that modpacks were a mistake. They make it easier to play Skyrim, and I'm realizing I'm not entirely sure I actually like playing Skyrim.

If modding is the game, then modpacks allow you to skip the game.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

speedrun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

That's tool assistance though. Gotta submit it to a different category.