Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

might be a weird request but where's the video of hogan being looked at by a doctor and sting comes out of nowhere and hits him in the leg with his bat? I had it saved to my favorites on youtube but it's gone

thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2R0v1I_-ys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

My favourite part of this has always been the doctor's reaction. "What the?? What was that about!?"

Closely followed by Tony just ignoring it to shill the sponsor.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol thank you

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Don't thank me, thank the fine folks behind PSPTV!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

ahh yeah, I remember watching lifetime movies there a while back. fun times!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Have there been any good 2 vs 2 elimination tags?

Samoa Joe and Homicide vs the Briscoes in a Falls Count Anywhere Elimination match was really fun.

Both pins happen at the same time.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
What continents does the IWGP Intercontinental title represent? North and South America like the WWE version?

Or does Intercontinental been used so long in wrestling that it just means "second best"?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

What continents does the IWGP Intercontinental title represent? North and South America like the WWE version?

Or does Intercontinental been used so long in wrestling that it just means "second best"?

No idea if it means anything but you could do it as Asia and Australasia.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Japan (by extension Asia) and North America. Since the first champion was MVP and the tournament was Japanese wrestlers vs American wrestlers in the first round (ignoring captain loving new japan)

oh poo poo and the tournament looks like it took place in America.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 9, 2020

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

might be a weird request but where's the video of hogan being looked at by a doctor and sting comes out of nowhere and hits him in the leg with his bat? I had it saved to my favorites on youtube but it's gone

thank you
One August (or september?) night in 1999 a young me had invited a friend over who didn't watch wrestling, and that was the only part of that show that was watchable.

Thankfully it was so goddamn funny that we laughed about it for weeks after.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

For a minute I thought this was about the IWRG Intercontinental Championship and I was so happy that finally, after all these years someone had asked a question about IWRG.

The answer to the unasked question appears to be North America and Asia.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I've always assumed the Intercontinental title to mean that the holder is recognized across all continents as a champion of international worth, but not as prestigious as the World title

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

For a minute I thought this was about the IWRG Intercontinental Championship and I was so happy that finally, after all these years someone had asked a question about IWRG.

The answer to the unasked question appears to be North America and Asia.

I will ask you about IWRG. If I want to watch IWRG to see Shun Skywalker on excursion, where to I go to do that?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

troposphere openweight title when coward anthony?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Intercontinental controls land. The world title controls all oceans (obviously...the oceans bigger).

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Intercontinental controls land. The world title controls all oceans (obviously...the oceans bigger).

I'd like to see Aquaman and Namor challenge for the world titles

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I think it was Jericho who got asked this during an interview once and said as IC Champion if you had a problem on land it fell under his influence, but if it was on the sea that that was none of his business and you needed to go see HHH (then the World Champion).

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Really missed an opportunity to hold a tournament for the International Waters Championship on that cruise.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

has there really never been an iwgp ic title defense in the uk? that seems kind of unexpected to me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

I will ask you about IWRG. If I want to watch IWRG to see Shun Skywalker on excursion, where to I go to do that?

Youtube. You can find events here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?iwrgtv

But there's a bunch of accounts that will upload matches on fan cams and sometimes slightly higher quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?eduardooo Posts a lot of stuff but they won't always be complete.

I'm not sure how much stuff will end up online but I bet a bunch will. I hope Shun wrestles Chef Benito.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Procrastinator posted:

has there really never been an iwgp ic title defense in the uk? that seems kind of unexpected to me.

it's 1 am and i may not be thinking of something obvious but i ca any n't recall iwgp defenses in the uk until royal quest. the revpro shows had lots of new japan guys compete for their titles but can't think of any actual iwgp sanctioned title matches.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

oh but seriously I posted:

troposphere openweight title when coward anthony?
A reminder that "Dr. Death" Steve Williams was the last Universal Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion and is thus wrestling champion of reality as we know it.

Minowa's PRIDE Grand Prix Openweight Super Hulk Championship may, however, be interdimensional.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Don't you mean Super HLUK

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
has alberto el patron ever had a great match?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

Him getting KO'd by Cro Cop was great but that's MMA.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the only remarkably good del rio match i ever saw was against roddy strong on some random rear end ROH VOD

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

There was a 2011 match with Christian that I have a foggy memory of but it's 2011 Christian & he was very good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He was pretty boring pre WWE so don't let anyone lie to you and say he was great with a mask either.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Del Rio and Big Show: Last man standing was good

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Low Desert Punk posted:

I enjoyed the Christmas match where John Cena threw a bowling ball at his nuts.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Serious question: What are the qualities that Okada possesses that make him one of the biggest and best performers in wrestling today? Like, if you were going to roll him up as a DnD character, what would his perks and skills be?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Any good Danhausen matches? Found out today that I used to work for his dad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Open Marriage Night posted:

Dadhausen

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I've enjoyed his stuff in Beyond. He and Effy have a tag team called Gaytanic Panic

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Low Desert Punk posted:

his lucha underground run was fun, but probably nothing really great in there?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Del Rio vs Mirko Cro Cop is actually an amazing match just to see Del Rio get punked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGxc8CPA0b8

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

super macho dude posted:

Serious question: What are the qualities that Okada possesses that make him one of the biggest and best performers in wrestling today? Like, if you were going to roll him up as a DnD character, what would his perks and skills be?

I'm no Okada expert, but when I watch him I just look and think, "This guy is a drat STAR." He's got an aura that tells you he's important and the poo poo he's about to do is important. The closest thing I can think in this moment is a Paladin's auras or the Discipline of Presence from Vampire the Masquerade.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Aside from his Aura the biggest thing Okada does better than anyone else probably right now and arguably in history is just time his moves so perfectly. One of his signature spots is just a dropkick, and while he looks cool doing it cause of his height it's the fact he times it so perfectly during a match that makes it so special

Plus during his god reign he also had selling down so well that all of his opponents looked bad rear end which made Okada's comebacks look bad rear end.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Okada is like Bret in that he doesn’t do anything crazily spectacular but everything he does do is so smooth and perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Smoothness, selling, not being selfish as well, but also milking the right moments for tension during a match. His pacing and layout of a match is real good. Sometimes they go a bit over the top (kick outs and such) but that’s NJPW big match style for you.