Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Krakkles posted:

gently caress that dog owner.
When I was first starting my truck driving career, my dad was my trainer. This was in the first month where I would spend half of my shift in the jump seat to learn.

He was driving along a nice 4 lane US highway in southern Ohio, a road with stoplights and business entrances and lots of space. Coming from a stoplight he's got the heavy load up to a decent speed and then there's a car off of the shoulder in a nice piece of grass with two adult people and three beagle puppies running around off leash. The people grab two puppies, but the third puppy just bounces into the road as happy as can be.

Well, happy for two seconds. There's traffic in the left lane, so my dad goes hard on the brakes, shouting "PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY!" The beagle stops jumping, and cowers down in the middle of the right lane. Luckily Class 8 trucks have good ground clearance, so the puppy was not hurt as he got to see the underbelly of a Freightliner Columbia. My dad came to a full and complete stop, the puppy ran out from under the truck back to his people, then my dad blew the air horn for 5 seconds while getting the truck moving again.

gently caress those dog owners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I just assume that people that walk their dog without a leash figured it was created by Tesla.

PremiumSupport
Aug 17, 2015
One of my neighbors lets their dog run around without a leash. Nice dog and I'm used to her now, but the first time I encountered her she tried to defend my mailbox from me. Owner apologized over and over "I'm sorry, I don't know what got into her, she has a mind of her own sometimes!"

Yeah.

She's a dog.

By definition she has a mind of her own. That's why we have leash laws!

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I'll just add myself to this list for tonight. The highway was funneled down to two lanes from 6. Well those brakes in front of me got serious real quick and I had a big rig behind me, I got on the brakes, ABS just slipping me down the road, my eyes darted at the rear view, the grill of the big rig filling my view, the impending collision up front... And loving just split the two lanes of traffic with a full size car.

Definitely a poo poo yourself moment.

This is why I stopped driving the NA MX-5 except it was only a two lane road to begin with and the following vehicle was a lifted Prado with one of those ridiculous aluminium bumper/winch combos.

I get why you'd want an off road vehicle like that but if you're going to commute in it at least take some extra care because it isn't going to stop very well and those modifications will make the consequences for other vehicles (or pedestrians) much more severe if you do run into them.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Right. Any aftermarket off road bumper, push bar, winch, or trailer hitch just loving drive me bonkers on a public road.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Right. Any aftermarket off road bumper, push bar, winch, or trailer hitch just loving drive me bonkers on a public road.

People aren't allowed to have an all terrain vehicle as their daily driver when you're the president?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Astonishing Wang posted:

People aren't allowed to have an all terrain vehicle as their daily driver when you're the president?

Nope. Best make sure that poo poo's easily removed for when you don't need it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Whenever I come across some jackass in a parking lot with a hitch platform and ball sticking out 1.5' from their bumper I feel like taking it off and throwing it through their back window.

Invariably a bro truck, generally a diesel.

I've seen these idiots backing into things (generally other vehicles in the parking lot) and people smashing their shins into them.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 10, 2020

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Remember to be careful when going round blind bends in the countryside:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUK16hxemKA
He lived:

quote:

The 35-year-old suffered life-changing injuries after the driver, who was travelling 70mph, hit him on a country road.

Footage was captured on three separate cameras and shows the Subaru flying around a blind left-hand bend before veering onto the wrong side of the road and smashing head-on into his motorcycle.

The experienced rider, from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, suffered a broken back, a broken sternum and a broken wrist in the crash, while his motorbike was destroyed on impact.

quote:

"Thankfully, the motorcyclist was wearing a full leather, air bag suit which activated and inflated as he was propelled off his bike. Without it, in a collision at this speed, he would most likely have died.”

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Terrifying reality of why I'll never own a bike even though I think they're rad as hell.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Glad the rider seems like the type to wear their gear. Jesus Christ, going 70mph around a blind corner. That Subaru driver isn't stupid, they're willfully malicious. Good that they got thrown in jail.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That may be the first time I've heard of someone with an airbag vest crashing in the wild / not on the track

insta
Jan 28, 2009

MomJeans420 posted:

That may be the first time I've heard of someone with an airbag vest crashing in the wild / not on the track

+ in a grocery store

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Just baffled why the driver stopped turning and straightened out into the biker.

I was expecting a near miss then "wait why did you do that"

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Dave Inc. posted:

Just baffled why the driver stopped turning and straightened out into the biker.

I was expecting a near miss then "wait why did you do that"

Motorcycles are worth 20 points each.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I think he said something like "oh crap" and then froze?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Target fixation. Never makes sense in retrospect.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Target fixation possibly.

[e] beaten :argh:

Also the reason I don't ride motorcycles anymore. Haven't ridden since the 90's and although I miss it sometimes I don't regret it at all.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Just lmao at forgoing literally every safety invention from the past 100 years for a lifestyle choice

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i can't roll my eyes hard enough

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Hard to read but the signs say:

“THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOVERNMENT FUNDED

IT’S ALL TAXPAYER FUNDED”

and

“American by Birth, Patriot by Choice”

I think this guys got government figured out guys! Turns out they don’t just get money out of nowhere!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Gotta respect a guy who saw two actual bumper stickers and liked them so much that he typed and printed them out.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Gotta respect a guy who saw two actual bumper stickers and liked them so much that he typed and printed them out.

I guess, but it gets canceled out by virtue of him choosing to print some dumb political poo poo and not like a silly bumper sticker joke.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I wonder what percentage of Subarus have political bumper stickers on them. Here in the north east, probably some affirmation bias, but it's gotta be at least 50%.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'd love to see a correlation between bumper/window stickers and crazy.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Goober Peas posted:

The formula is:

5+ bumper stickers = crazy
3+ bumper stickers on any one subject = extra crazy

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

1 sticker = run of the mill idiot, but wants everyone to know it

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

The formula is:

5+ bumper stickers = crazy
3+ bumper stickers on any one subject = extra crazy

What's the formula for Minion stickers?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

xergm posted:

What's the formula for Minion stickers?

≥ 1 minion sticker = crazy

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Speaking of bumper stickers, I just saw an "Ancient astronaut theorists say yes" bumper sticker.

Crackpot or satire?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Goober Peas posted:

https://scienceblogs.com/purepedantry/2008/06/17/road-rage-correlates-with-numb
Road Rage Correlates with Number of Bumper Stickers

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

xzzy posted:

1 sticker = run of the mill idiot, but wants everyone to know it

Mine says cruse control.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Just lmao at forgoing literally every safety invention from the past 100 years for a lifestyle choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kb3fA90moY&t=60s

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Has anyone noticed that people with COEXIST stickers always tend to drive super aggressively?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No but I've noticed all Jeep owners are super aggressive.

Confirmation bias is fun!

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Today it was me, took a uturn on a protected left and almost hit an M3 gunning head on, thought the guy was such a BMW driver for speeding up as he did his right on red instead of at least slowing.

Nope! There was a no uturn sign I missed and he had the green too! Good thing I'm really paranoid about that poo poo and was able to stop pretty much at once.

Haven't hosed up that bad in quite a while.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I've noticed it with political bumper stickers of all sorts. Anybody who's so sure they're right that they plaster their car with stupid bullshit probably thinks their driving is great and everyone else is wrong.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Protocol7 posted:

Hard to read but the signs say:

“THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOVERNMENT FUNDED

IT’S ALL TAXPAYER FUNDED”

and

“American by Birth, Patriot by Choice”

I think this guys got government figured out guys! Turns out they don’t just get money out of nowhere!

Why did you blur out the guy's homemade Sovereign Citizen license plate???

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

FBS posted:

It's not a LICENSE, it's an official notice that this is a MEANS OF CONVEYANCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

FBS posted:

You’d be shocked, it’s actually a Colorado plate with up to date registration stickers. I think it’s even the special Air Force design.

So, like, totally paranoid about gubmint and money, but still willing to give them money.