Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Convex posted:

Uh apparently MHW on Steam is straight up wiping some people's saves so anyone that hasn't played it since the update might want to make a quick copy before starting it up just in case

Quoting from the steam thread:

Yami Fenrir posted:

important Monster Hunter Worlds PSA:

:siren: There is a feature that deletes your save games atm. :siren:

Unrecoverably.

Here's what's happening:

Sometime before the dlc, the game swapped save game formats. If you have not played for a long time (like I did), you will still have the old one.

The DLC client cannot detect the old format right now.

Because of that, it will ask you to create a new save file. Doing so will overwrite your local AND Cloud Save.

There is only one way to fix this, and it's before this hits you.

Go to MHW in your library, properties, dlc, and disable iceborn.

Then, load up the game, play a bit, save and exit, to make sure it converted your save to the new version.

After that, you should be fine.

I just wish I knew this beforehand.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

i was driving by an arby's once and they had a sign saying 'ONE DAY ONLY VENISON SANDWICH' and i though 'yeah sure' so i went through and got one and when i got home and popped the box they had given me turkey and cheese

i drove by once and they had a sign saying "HOT LOADED ITALIAN" but it turned out to be a sandwich

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

local news ran a story about how hooters has good fake chicken wings and i'm incredibly intrigued but also kind of super don't want to go to hooters.

Their real wings are some of the worst things I’ve ever ingested.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i've never been in a hooters because cleavage gives me hives

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

precision posted:

A while back some website determined that Taco Bell is actually the healthiest fast food place by a big margin, since almost nothing they have is fried and they use lots of beans/rice/veggies instead of Meat Dimension

Their meat is basically tofu, so yeah, that tracks...

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

VideoGames posted:

Wwwwwwhhhhhaaaattttt???

Not to totally flip your wig at this vulnerable moment, but I think Portal 2 is overrated.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Weedle posted:

is it worth it? i haven't been to red robin a bunch of times or anything but the ones around here are basically fast food quality except you pay a premium to wait an extra long time in a horrible building

I think as like a step up from fast food - kind of a suburban “night out” - it’s worth it. The gf and I manage to spend a lot of money at RR and stuff ourselves to death off cheese sticks and shakes. Ours is pretty nice and the bar staff treats us well.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Let’s go back to talking about Shake Shack. Their mushroom cap burger is incredible.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Awesome Animals posted:

Their real wings are some of the worst things I’ve ever ingested.

I have been to hooters once in my life. In high school band, when I was a senior I was one of the marching band trumpet section leaders and we had decided to do "teambuilding" exercises with the entire trumpet section. For some reason we decided driving into the city and going to Hooters was a grand plan. All of us would look at some scantily clad women and would become more in-tune with each other. Or something. I don't know. I was 17.

We decided to get a picture on the way out. This was before camera phones were really a thing so the one kid who brought a camera took a picture on his dad's digital camera. This kid did not delete the picture, no. No, he showed it to his father, who immediately called the school principal and band director and freaked out because we had taken what amounted to a school-sanctioned trip to hooters.

The band director ate pretty much all of the blame and told us to not be so stupid next time, which I can really appreciate.

That's my hooters story.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yep, that actually was one of the things they mentioned

It baffles me that anyone is bothered by that though. Soy protein is healthy, it's not like they're serving you something bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Quoting from the steam thread:
do you have to redownload dlc when you uncheck/recheck it

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I have been to hooters once in my life. In high school band, when I was a senior I was one of the marching band trumpet section leaders and we had decided to do "teambuilding" exercises with the entire trumpet section. For some reason we decided driving into the city and going to Hooters was a grand plan. All of us would look at some scantily clad women and would become more in-tune with each other. Or something. I don't know. I was 17.

We decided to get a picture on the way out. This was before camera phones were really a thing so the one kid who brought a camera took a picture on his dad's digital camera. This kid did not delete the picture, no. No, he showed it to his father, who immediately called the school principal and band director and freaked out because we had taken what amounted to a school-sanctioned trip to hooters.

The band director ate pretty much all of the blame and told us to not be so stupid next time, which I can really appreciate.

That's my hooters story.

there was a small scandal here recently (catholic school, prudish) in which a parent driving a bunch of kids on a field trip decided to take them all to lunch at a restaurant called "twin peaks." i don't know how widespread these are but they're basically hooters knockoffs with a slightly more revealing dress code. these kids were like 11

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tofu/soy can be prepared in very unhealthy ways, it's important to remember that just because you're getting a veggie burger from a fast food place does not mean you are suddenly "eating healthy"

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Rarity posted:

What the gently caress Pelleas your advisor just tried to drug one of your subjects to turn him into a mindless weapon and you just loving forgive him arrrrrrrrrgh

pelleas is a very trusting young man

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Tofu/soy can be prepared in very unhealthy ways, it's important to remember that just because you're getting a veggie burger from a fast food place does not mean you are suddenly "eating healthy"

uhhh it has VEGETABLES in it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

the impossible whopper is actually worse for you than a real whopper, in terms of sodium and fat content

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

That's my hooters story.

My ex-best friend (he died :( ) was a big fan of eating at lovely restaurants. I don't know why because the city we lived in had tons of small, gourmet places, but he always paid so I didn't say anything

But one day we went to Hooters and it was just awful. The beer was flat, the wings sucked, and I felt terribly embarrassed for the women because they were doing that whole "really fake flirting" thing, and looking around the place it was full of the kind of person that, from my own experience as a server, really wouldn't have tipped if they didn't.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i've been a vegetarian for fifteen years and it's never been because of health. for like the first six months it was pure contrarianism and then i discovered that i didn't like real meat anymore

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well yes, I'm just saying it's not inherently awful or worse than ground beef. I'm just saying why would you give them poo poo for serving you soy, as if they're serving you dead cats

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Weedle posted:

i've been a vegetarian for fifteen years and it's never been because of health. for like the first six months it was pure contrarianism and then i discovered that i didn't like real meat anymore

i'm not this far but i've done a few meatless months and cut back on how much meat i eat in general, and it's been a net improvement honestly

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's about the health of the planet, dumbasses.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I went vegan for environmental reasons after a lifetime of being a big meat eater. I expected it to be a big deal but I honestly don't miss meat at all

I miss cheese a lot though

May 8, 2006

cheese is the reason i don't think i could be vegan

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I only eat meat once a week or so but it's only because veggie stuff is usually more tasty

Like hummus, a hummus and cheese sandwich with some peppers and onions is a good time

And also a guarantee your partner won't kiss you for the next 12 hours

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Weedle posted:

i'm ~9 months in and yeah pretty much same for me.

cheetah7071 posted:

I went vegan for environmental reasons after a lifetime of being a big meat eater. I expected it to be a big deal but I honestly don't miss meat at all

I miss cheese a lot though

Relax Or DIE posted:

cheese is the reason i don't think i could be vegan

yeah cheese is almost the sole reason i'm not vegan

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I could go without cheese I think, but being unable to ever eat real ice cream would be hell

May 8, 2006

tbh i've transitioned away from ice cream into mostly frozen fruit bars or these things that are just frozen coffee and sugar. as a bonus my cat loves the fruit bars and it's a battle to keep him from getting licks

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I do vegan groceries, vegetarian out, and carnivore when my girlfriend cooks for me. I don’t win any morality points but I do achieve the goal of “lessening my contribution to the oppression of animals.” The only thing I really miss is eating cheese slices out the bag at midnight.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i think i have some kind of problem with dairy it makes me start coughing a bunch and my throat feels terrible for like an hour idk I just avoid it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dairy is bad, stop drinking cow goo

and start drinking human goo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its like they say... "milk was a bad choice" :xd:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I guess I'm just gonna stop posting for good because the mods are never gonna do anything about Occupation and his on and off site harassment of me. :(

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

precision posted:

Yep, that actually was one of the things they mentioned

It baffles me that anyone is bothered by that though. Soy protein is healthy, it's not like they're serving you something bad

I think people were mad at first, for being bamboozled, but then just kind of moved on when they realized the scandal was they'd been tricked into eating healthy and not into eating grade F- dogmeat...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

I like almond goo.

May 8, 2006

homeless snail posted:

do i have to buy you dinner first or

precision posted:

I guess I'm just gonna stop posting for good because the mods are never gonna do anything about Occupation and his on and off site harassment of me. :(

hey: what the gently caress is going on?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

hey: what the gently caress is going on?

Dude's been obsessed with me for 7 or 8 years. Once or twice a year he kramers into threads to accuse me of pedophilia. Years ago he was sending messages to Facebook friends of mine. It's really stressful and weird. He used to poo poo up a goon discord with looooong rants about me which nobody cared about.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

I think people were mad at first, for being bamboozled, but then just kind of moved on when they realized the scandal was they'd been tricked into eating healthy and not into eating grade F- dogmeat...

Don't forget the alt-right types who are pretty sure they've heard 80th hand that some study somewhere had the words "soy" and "estrogen" close to each other, so thus it is scientifically proven that soy turns you into a woman.

...If only it were that easy. :sigh:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Oat milk is very pleasant. I’d like to try chocolate oat milk once they make it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

All I remember is a video of some taco bell guy explaining how the meat actually is real meat. What's this about it basically being tofu?

It's tasty as gently caress either way. I'm gonna be real, I kind of like it more than actual mexican food. It has a totally different flavor than actual mexican food that just works for me more. Not that actual mexican food isn't delicious as well

Y'all food is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I think they believe something about white people being less lactose intolerant and therefore racially superior

Like, wow you can drink cow milk, great scott rewrite the history books