Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you don’t have something you can’t lose it. If you see something that only matters to people with context, you aren’t aware that you don’t have that context.

It’s like saying that you miss someone that you’ve never met.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shbobdb posted:

You suck at watching things. That's fine, you can enjoy things in your own way, but your use of absolutist langauge and telling people how to enjoy things makes you very bad.

You just insulted someone and contradicted yourself twice in 32 words.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

I miss Nien Nunb, and I never met him because he lives a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Rocksicles posted:

You just insulted someone and contradicted yourself twice in 32 words.

What you see as contradiction I see as a profound lack of understanding on your part.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shbobdb posted:

What you see as contradiction I see as a profound lack of understanding on your part.

Well you're a loving idiot. I'm profoundly understanding that.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
People stop responding to the obvious troll

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
When somebody posts like that, just flip through their Rap Sheet and you’ll realize that’s just their gimmick and ignoring them is the only way to continue any meaningful dialogue. Insipidity insisting that you are the only correct viewer of a show or medium (when you have been repeatedly proven wrong multiple times) is just a weird troll.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It was hot today, i felt like calling someone a loving idiot, and i tripped over one.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

If you don’t have something you can’t lose it. If you see something that only matters to people with context, you aren’t aware that you don’t have that context.

You can lose, aka miss out on, opportunities via choices (semantics!).

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Will not watching Clone Wars before Rebels hinder your enjoyment of Rebels? Probably not! Will it improve it? Definitely.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Pollyanna posted:

Uh, does Ezra's hair color change at some point? Or is that just me?

It looks darker when it's shorter, yes, although under some lighting, it's roughly the same shade as season 1/2

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

How much better would my life have been if I didn't see any Star Wars at all?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rebels suddenly got pretty good somewhere mid-S2. I'm at the point where Kanan is fussing before meeting Hera's dad and I'm losing my poo poo. Did something change?

Edit: :laffo: Hera's French accent that's so fuckin weird

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 11, 2020

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Rebels suddenly got pretty good somewhere mid-S2. I'm at the point where Kanan is fussing before meeting Hera's dad and I'm losing my poo poo. Did something change?

Hera codeswitching at her father remains one of my favorite moments in the show.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pollyanna posted:

The Twi’lek in Clone Wars had the same accent.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I love the inexplicably French Twileks in TCW and Rebels. Give me inexplicably Scottish Sullustans in the sequel show.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lucas loved using analogues to ww2 in star wars, so im not sure why the french resistance is any big surprise

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rebels S2 season finale: I'm not really sure what they're trying to set up with Ezra, Kanan, and Maul here. If it's just Maul using them and betraying them, that's predictable and super boring. I like it when this Force bullshit isn't just good vs evil, do something new, please god. Please give me something good after that loving NIGHTMARE OF A FILM

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHGHHH

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 11, 2020

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm not sure why people keep thinking Star Wars is going to be something it's not.

Also, weren't you the one complaining that Clone Wars was too long, yet you've burned through 50% of Rebels in like three days?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Rebels is better than clone wars because it gets good after a season and a half instead of 4 and a half

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I honestly find Maul’s arc in Rebels really refreshing because it’s not just the usual Sith lust for power. The dude just wants some loving revenge and if he has to dupe some dumb padawan in the process then so be it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

420 Gank Mid posted:

Rebels is better than clone wars because it gets good after a season and a half instead of 4 and a half

Yeah but there are plenty of guides to skip the trash episodes. Rebels only really has a handful of completely miss nothing skipable episodes.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bendu is bestu.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

420 Gank Mid posted:

rebels can take in more in its shorter run explicitly because everything it tackles was introduced by clone wars first, so thats an extremely stupid way to approach the two series

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like that Maul basically becomes a rival Sith Lord to Sidious.

Dude needed better choices in apprentices though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maul is probably the most complex character in all of Star Wars

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rocksicles posted:

Maul is probably the most complex character in all of Star Wars

loving imagine saying that when Phantom Menace came out.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Funky Valentine posted:

loving imagine saying that when Ahsoka exists

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ahsoka is the best of the jedi, hands down she got out of the whole thing without getting her hands dirty.

Maul just reinvents himself like 14 times and still can't get his act together.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Remember when Ahsoka decapitated four Mandalorians at once? Because I like to, every now and then.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

In looking for that clip, someone stitched together all of the scene where she killed something and tallied it up.

https://youtu.be/yJ-C9DdfrB0

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

Ahsoka is the best of the jedi, hands down she got out of the whole thing without getting her hands dirty.

Maul just reinvents himself like 14 times and still can't get his act together.

I really, really liked Sam Witwer likening him to Sisyphus at last year's Celebration

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

site posted:

rebels can take in more in its shorter run explicitly because everything it tackles was introduced by clone wars first, so thats an extremely stupid way to approach the two series

or Dave Filoni is just getting better at making shows because Mando is good starting from ep 1

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cross-Section posted:

I really, really liked Sam Witwer likening him to Sisyphus at last year's Celebration

I hadn't heard that, it's perfectly apt.

Icon Of Sin posted:

In looking for that clip, someone stitched together all of the scene where she killed something and tallied it up.

Apart from killing a few mooks when the time calls for it. She's basically Star Wars Spider-Man in terms of a ability and character.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 11, 2020

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hando is the best character on this show.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Moon Slayer posted:

Remember when Ahsoka decapitated four Mandalorians at once? Because I like to, every now and then.

Same. But I think more of her Rebels S2 arc on Malachor culminating with her fighting along side Maul against the Inquisitors, and her duel with Vader. The imagery of the Sith Temple in Twilight of the Apprentice is so good. And Ahsoka's theme song during the duel, and the ending music... gives me goosebumps every time.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rebels S3: Yo, is that fuckin' Patrick Stewart?

:laffo:

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Pollyanna posted:

Rebels S3: Yo, is that fuckin' Patrick Stewart?

What character do you mean? If you're talking about the Bendu, the big Force animal thing, that's Tom Baker from Doctor Who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I lost it went she went running by, dragging her lightsaber along the ground and brutally decapitating droids she had already bisected.