Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oneiros posted:

Necropolis is back and maybe updating regularly* again?! :siren:

Sick!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Bobulus posted:

Haha, welp, that's where I expected things to go in Monster Pulse, but it still sucks.

I’m not going to actually believe it until the comic actually ends. It’s just really narratively weird.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Joe Slowboat posted:

I’m not going to actually believe it until the comic actually ends. It’s just really narratively weird.

Yeah, that "however" from Maugras is doing some SUPER heavy lifting at the moment.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Haha, welp, that's where I expected things to go in Monster Pulse, but it still sucks.

I am so ready for whatever nonsense mad science they decide to pull out of this situation. Going to be absurd, I can not wait

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Fortis posted:

Hello, Webcomics Thread for Liking Webcomics In. Tomorrow, my webcomic, Blasphemous Saga Fantasy, turns 9. The first page was posted on January 3rd, 2011. As of tomorrow, it will have reached 854 pages.

If you like adventure stories, goofy monsters, and fun, you'll probably like it. If the title's put you off in the past, maybe check it out anyway; you might be pleasantly surprised. If you used to read it and haven't caught up in a while, maybe check it out again. People seem to like it, so you might too! If you want to see some pages from it without even leaving the forums, I made a big promotional effortpost earlier in this thread that you can look at.

The feedback I have gotten from SA over the years has been super valuable; I think that if I had not been posting about BSF here in 2011, I wouldn't have kept doing it. So I always appreciate feedback too, both positive and negative! So thank you all for helping make BSF what it is, and if you do read it, I hope you have enjoyed it for the past almost-a-decade.

Oh, congrats!
I actually learned about your comic from a post here, and have enjoyed it much in the months I've been following it!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

rannum posted:

I am so ready for whatever nonsense mad science they decide to pull out of this situation. Going to be absurd, I can not wait

I have a feeling it will be tied to or will be the key to defeating whatever purestrain monstrosity Lulenski turned herself into by merging with Roger's ghost and Rjinder's skin. God I can't wait for the proper reveal of that horror show.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I have a feeling it will be tied to or will be the key to defeating whatever purestrain monstrosity Lulenski turned herself into by merging with Roger's ghost and Rjinder's skin. God I can't wait for the proper reveal of that horror show.

I wonder if he's going to merge ayo & bina together somehow and that'll kickstart things. Follow throw on how mouth girl was literally fusing with her monster from their attempts to put the machine back together

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
So you guys (in a convoluted way) have no hooked me on all night laundry via my girlfriend's insistence I read it. Which is... just great. I didn't have time for this binge.

I need to return the favour and get her hooked on something, and I think I have the perfect comic because I already finished it and All Night Laundry reminds me of it. I'm hoping one of you all can remember it, because my memories of it beyond enjoying it a lot are all vague as hell.

There's a guy, featureless world, choose your own adventure style, who summons things into being like (eventually) a giant bird. He fights some monsters in some castle he summoned into being (there's a suit of armor and like a box on a spring), he's alone without other people for a long time but does eventually find some, there's a sun at the center of everything he eventually falls down to

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

GlyphGryph posted:

So you guys (in a convoluted way) have no hooked me on all night laundry via my girlfriend's insistence I read it. Which is... just great. I didn't have time for this binge.

I need to return the favour and get her hooked on something, and I think I have the perfect comic because I already finished it and All Night Laundry reminds me of it. I'm hoping one of you all can remember it, because my memories of it beyond enjoying it a lot are all vague as hell.

There's a guy, featureless world, choose your own adventure style, who summons things into being like (eventually) a giant bird. He fights some monsters in some castle he summoned into being (there's a suit of armor and like a box on a spring), he's alone without other people for a long time but does eventually find some, there's a sun at the center of everything he eventually falls down to

no idea but get her to read Feast For a King instead. its literally 5000 pages long and it loving rules but will also cause your brain to melt

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

GlyphGryph posted:

Sounds like A Beginner's Guide to the End of the Universe.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Yep, this is it.

A big flaming stink posted:

no idea but get her to read Feast For a King instead. its literally 5000 pages long and it loving rules but will also cause your brain to melt

I could just do both. In fact, I probably will. But sending her one I haven't already finished is basically playing with fire - what if she just gets me hooked on it in turn?

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 4, 2020

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Oh, no need to worry about that. We're going to try and get you hooked on Feast first.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

drat it I thought folks said All Night Laundry was done, but apparently there's supposed to be epilogues coming?

I wonder if it's going to explain the factory in the woods, and the people arguing in French. That's probably the major thing still left up in the air, right?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

drat it I thought folks said All Night Laundry was done, but apparently there's supposed to be epilogues coming?

I wonder if it's going to explain the factory in the woods, and the people arguing in French. That's probably the major thing still left up in the air, right?

That would have been Three making plans with Josephine, though how they got there is an open question. I think the biggest unanswered question is what the deal is with Three, how she got the knowledge she did without the Moment, or where she went for that matter.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
im pretty sure the answer to the factory is "spooky time bullshit aided by a giant bug from space"

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

rannum posted:

I wonder if he's going to merge ayo & bina together somehow and that'll kickstart things. Follow throw on how mouth girl was literally fusing with her monster from their attempts to put the machine back together

it's happening :unsmigghh:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'm gonna talk some about the latest goings-on in webcomics I like.

Girl Genius has somehow segued into a strange story of a couple characters only tangentially related to the main cast discovering a hidden underwater civilization of sea monkeys.

Latchkey Kingdom has a character discovering that the secret to playing vidja games is to actually pay attention to the tutorial bits instead of just charging in blindly.

Seems like Rusty 'n' Co are gonna deal with some kind of mind control at the ant hotel. Don't 'spose that flashy rings is the artifact they're after?

But most importantly, Bunnymeat updated. It's...it's heavy.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Girl Genius has somehow segued into a strange story of a couple characters only tangentially related to the main cast discovering a hidden underwater civilization of sea monkeys.

Inside a whale.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SlothfulCobra posted:

Seems like Rusty 'n' Co are gonna deal with some kind of mind control at the ant hotel. Don't 'spose that flashy rings is the artifact they're after?
It's going through the Hotel California lyrics methodically and is now in the first chorus. Second verse begins with the hotel woman's mind being Tiffany-twisted, which in the original lyrics refers to the jewelry brand but there will probably involve the snake girl Yuan-Tiffany.

And yes, we know it's gonna end up with stabbing and running.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
New Sleepless Domain is cool, looks like Zoe is going to probably join the training group and we get to see what Cassidy's powers are soon.

Really hoping this all breaks down to the training group becoming an actual team, that would seriously kick rear end.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Julius CSAR posted:

New Sleepless Domain is cool, looks like Zoe is going to probably join the training group and we get to see what Cassidy's powers are soon.

Really hoping this all breaks down to the training group becoming an actual team, that would seriously kick rear end.

I'm interested in Gabby being uneasy around Who I think is meant to be Bud, judging by her ending the conversation when Undine thought she meant Cassidy

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

rannum posted:

I'm interested in Gabby being uneasy around Who I think is meant to be Bud, judging by her ending the conversation when Undine thought she meant Cassidy

I'm guessing she's talking about Kokoro, given her only other speaking appearance. You're definitely right she doesn't mean Cassidy though.

Although come to think of it, she could also mean Vedika. Mind control powers and all that.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Gabby is pretty butch, that's why she's uneasy around Cassidy.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

I'm guessing she's talking about Kokoro, given her only other speaking appearance. You're definitely right she doesn't mean Cassidy though.

Although come to think of it, she could also mean Vedika. Mind control powers and all that.

I want to say it's Bud because she's always jokey (so there'd be an irony to her being off putting), has her fingers in all the gossip, and Gabby's first panel in the latest comic is framed around the conversation about Bud training with someone else. Then Gabby approaches as Bud leaves the room
Also just noticed Gabby's introduction panel staring at the in-frame Bud as she's doing her jokey skulking from the previous page. COINCIDENCE??

I guess Kokoro could work too, but that seems weirder since we actually know a lot more personal things about Kokoro so throwing suspicion on her now seems a little odd.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I don't think it's Kokoro. Gabby is looking at someone specific when she says "that girl", and it doesn't seem likely she'd use indefinite pronouns to refer to someone who's not even in the room.

Might be Bud. Might be Vedika. Probably Bud.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

couple other Training Group things to keep in mind:
- http://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-8-page-17 unknown person spying on Kokoro & Undine. Maybe Gabby, if we want to entertain the Kokoro theory? Bud? Cassidy? Someone else entirely?
- http://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-11-page-20 things "get weird" when Vedika touches another person. Probably unrelated to current going ons but something to put in the back pocket

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Things get "super duper weird and trippy" when she touches someone who has transformed, which is definitely something to keep in the back pocket. Normal getting weird is just telepathic feedback loops and human consciousness being too much for her to process sometimes.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

rannum posted:

couple other Training Group things to keep in mind:
- http://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-8-page-17 unknown person spying on Kokoro & Undine. Maybe Gabby, if we want to entertain the Kokoro theory? Bud? Cassidy? Someone else entirely?
- http://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-11-page-20 things "get weird" when Vedika touches another person. Probably unrelated to current going ons but something to put in the back pocket

I'm almost certain the person spying on Kokoro and Udine is Zoe trying to figure out how to fight.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Julius CSAR posted:

I'm almost certain the person spying on Kokoro and Udine is Zoe trying to figure out how to fight.
That isn't what Zoe's costume looks like, though? Too red.

I love the running joke of nobody wants to train with Bud because her power is literally shooting lasers.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Julius CSAR posted:

Zoe's costume is very different in design http://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-13-page-13

Different boots, different dress, sleeves, etc

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Ah yeah, you're right. Wondering who that is then.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

Segueing into only tangentially related stories is Girl Genius's thing. (Though to be fair to them, I'm surprised by how much progress they've made on the main plot in the last... year? However long. Things actually seem to be progressing)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
So Morbi has collated most of their Woah Poppy spoilers they've doled out over the past months through twitter here

Two not obvious things I've seen regarding Poda

Poda miiiiight be able to just turn people into dragons somehow based on this tweet

Also (this tweet reply isnt in the Moment) she's a few more steps ahead of Chicadino than we knew

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Archenteron posted:

So Morbi has collated most of their Woah Poppy spoilers they've doled out over the past months through twitter here

Two not obvious things I've seen regarding Poda

Poda miiiiight be able to just turn people into dragons somehow based on this tweet

Also (this tweet reply isnt in the Moment) she's a few more steps ahead of Chicadino than we knew

This is all really cool and gotta say was not expecting us to be nearing the end of "part 1" of like...3+

Really shot past the Moon and into Pluto with this comic

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jesus, Morbi. This is getting up to like Jodorowsky's Dune-levels of unrealized ambition, and I really hope they (you, if y'all reading this) don't abandon comics entirely.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I still can't get over the fact that one of the last "one truth and the rest lies" alright fools comics was basically "jokes on you suckers, these are all true"

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Honestly this all makes me wish it had been pitched to Dark Horse or somewhere rather than Webcomic’d, there’s an era of indie-ish graphic novels and limited series that this would have been both a great fit and a fantastic example of.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Didn't Morbi say a few times that she actually hated making comics and just saw it as means of telling the story to put up with it

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

rannum posted:

Didn't Morbi say a few times that she actually hated making comics and just saw it as means of telling the story to put up with it

I mean I think the visual style and gags are amazing and having an artist - or at least a colorist? Would have made it way easier.

This isn’t to say they did anything wrong, I’m mostly wistful.

Though, Morbi, you could potentially still pitch this as a three volume GN to a comics press and get art support? Given you have so much script for it already, and a mostly-complete first volume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Morbi mentioned that one thing that really sapped their motivation (I don't remember them actually saying they hated making comics) was that their hard drive crashed and so the original full resolution versions of the first few chapters were lost, resulting in making so that they would have to redo the art of the first few chapters if they ever wanted to physically publish it