Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pissy rear end Libs spotted

Ladies and Gentlemen, we got 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

To tell the truth, I did not really expect Iran to admit it that quickly. Kudos to them.
The people killed in the accident have families that can now be compensated.

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Oh no, not a liberal.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

a devastating blow to partisangirl’s credibility

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

The victims will all be celebrated as martyrs
But when a D&D poster dies
Not even their fleas will mourn them

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Dante80 posted:

To tell the truth, I did not really expect Iran to admit it that quickly. Kudos to them.
The people killed in the accident have families that can now be compensated.

Watch Trump lock up the families for breaking Iran sanctions.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

drat fallen hamprince is here too? another totally normal guy who immediately slithers over to cspam to gloat over a planeful of dead iranians because a couple posters didnt have sufficient deference to weirdo imperialist apologists and self-appointed airplane experts

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
Bellingcat was right, drat. Better put this stopped clock back up on my wall.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

THS posted:

drat fallen hamprince is here too? another totally normal guy who immediately slithers over to cspam to gloat over a planeful of dead iranians because a couple posters didnt have sufficient deference to weirdo imperialist apologists and self-appointed airplane experts

please, i never slither. it’s much more of a waddling motion.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

most people itt thought it was probable or possible iran shot down the airliner

ghouls sucking off on brown mose's toes as if this vindicates them in any way completely miss the point

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think the real lesson here is don't fly ukrainian, or over ukraine... should avoid

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Dont kinkshame

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
The Iranian government immediately admitted wrongdoing and apologized. I forget what George Bush said after the US shot down an Iranian plane, anyone remember?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This changes everything tbh. I'm going to have to change my stance from "never trust a word of the filthy gringo government's mouth" to "do not ever trust a word of the filthy gringo government's mouth."

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Prince Myshkin posted:

The Iranian government immediately admitted wrongdoing and apologized. I forget what George Bush said after the US shot down an Iranian plane, anyone remember?

nice whataboutism

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/EzAsCoWa/status/1214607893095469056?s=20

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

AlexanderCA posted:

Or you know anyone with knowledge of aeronautics or commercial aviation. Gotta ignore the experts if it doesnt fit my political narrative. Lysenkoism for the 21st century.

the vast majority of posters ITT came to the correct conclusion that it's very likely iran shot it down accidentally but the united states had 0 way of actually proving it. the iranians admitting they accidentally shot it down is not the own you think it is

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Prince Myshkin posted:

true... the iranian government is more honest that the american regime

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/maxblumenthal/status/1215761363860983809?s=21

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I was open to the human error hypothesis, but the productive exchange with the Buff Bernie kramering into the thread to tell us about Islamofascism convinced me that it was actually the US earthquake ray.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Another triumph against informed skepticism.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

AlexanderCA posted:

Or you know anyone with knowledge of aeronautics or commercial aviation. Gotta ignore the experts if it doesnt fit my political narrative. Lysenkoism for the 21st century.

More like AlexandriaVA

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Algund Eenboom posted:

More like AlexandriaVA

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Not surprising. Of course, these people all died as a result of Trump's insane decapitation strikes.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the experts who i heard interviewed said that we should wait for the forensics report to be certain of anything but I guess I should just throw that expert opinion out and embrace the Narrative

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
but it's important that we decide what's correct right this second so we can get back to beating the war drum

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dreylad posted:

the experts who i heard interviewed said that we should wait for the forensics report to be certain of anything but I guess I should just throw that expert opinion out and embrace the Narrative

yes

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dreylad posted:

but it's important that we decide what's correct right this second so we can get back to beating the war drum

no

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
thank you for setting me straight

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dreylad posted:

thank you for setting me straight

any time, friend

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Dreylad posted:

While I disagree in this case, I will concede that, in general, there are a lot of reasons to be skeptical of the Iranian government.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The perfidious Iranians will do anything to protect their country from being genocided by America. It's really gross when you think about it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A sad day in cspam when hamprince is walking around freely

THS
Sep 15, 2017

really queer Christmas posted:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Fallen Hamprince posted:

a devastating blow to partisangirl’s credibility

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

really queer Christmas posted:

gently caress! off! hamprince!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Prince Myshkin posted:

lol the official position of the navy is that its iran's fault the vincennes shot down the airliner

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

fabergay egg posted:

gently caress! off! hamprince!

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol the official position of the navy is that its iran's fault the vincennes shot down the airliner

hence, it is americas fault that iran shot down this airliner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fabergay egg posted:

hence, it is americas fault that iran shot down this airliner

the conclusion is like "yeah our methed up morons shot it down because they're stupid as poo poo BUT if you really think about it, isn't it iran's fault for flying commercial airliners in the same part of the globe as our methed up moron sailors?!?!?!?!