Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
So. Stardew Valley.

Apparently ConcernedApe doesn't like Pierre either.

Stardew Valley Wiki posted:

After a sufficient relationship is built up, Pierre will confess that he worries that Abigail is not his biological daughter. Later, the Wizard will mention that he has reason to believe one of the townsfolk is his daughter. At one point Caroline will mention that she used to take secret walks to the Wizard’s tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The amount of time and effort this guy puts into loving up perfectly serviceable games is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59v360lNqgQ

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Stardew Valley is the only thing keeping me sane in these trying times. Except this Shane guy, he's a real downer.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

This is a good long video about No Man's Sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5BJVO3PDeQ

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Stardew Valley is the only thing keeping me sane in these trying times. Except this Shane guy, he's a real downer.

Shane is a good dude with a substance abuse issue.

Pierre's just a fucker, and he's sober to boot.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Just made it to year 2. Making 5k a day off of mayo, cheese, and jelly alone.

Pierre just needs to sell me seeds offseason. Then we'd be good.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I’m

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 10, 2020

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

:smith: well now I feel kinda bad

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mcnally can we get get a thread namechange to represent the overwhelming gip sentiment towards ballless wonder and noted secret racist Pierre tia

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The amount of time and effort this guy puts into loving up perfectly serviceable games is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59v360lNqgQ

Thank you for posting this.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I always give Shane trash I catch fishing

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

I am so going to do this from now on.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

Hekk posted:

I am so going to do this from now on.

You guys are monsters.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Alright, best tips for starting out in Stardew? I've tried getting into it a few times but aside from the pleasure of cleaning up my farm it is agonizing me knowing I should probably be doing something else before winter arrives.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

A Bad Poster posted:

Alright, best tips for starting out in Stardew? I've tried getting into it a few times but aside from the pleasure of cleaning up my farm it is agonizing me knowing I should probably be doing something else before winter arrives.

There is no real time limit for the game. I wouldn't stress about timelines to do anything honestly. However, I usually:

1.) Don't chop down all of the weeds until you build a silo. That way when you use your scythe it fills the silo up with animal feed which will help you throughout the winter when grass won't grow outside and rainy days when your animals won't go outside.

2.) Focus on upgrading your watering can first since a copper watering can will allow you to water 3 squares at once. After that go for pickaxe so you can get further in the caves more easily.

3.)Always save a a few vegetables from each harvest (especially silver and gold star) so you can use them for Town Center collections or harvest events throughout the year.

4.) Build a chicken coop and get four chickens before the end of summer. Afterwards make mayo with the eggs for every day easy money. (You have to pet your chickens every day to keep them happy)

5.) On days when you don't have much to do, go fish off of the pier or in the rivers to complete Town Center collections and or make extra money.

6.) As you chop down trees on your farm, never sell or give away the seeds that drop since with them you can pretty much perpetually replant organized forests on your lot. While replanting the trees will need an empty space in every direction from them to grow.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

nah dude

just focus on something for your game. doing the bundles, stack paper, make pierre rue the day he was born, fish, etc. its a game meant to be played multiple times. enjoy it.

a good focus? getting the greenhouse. that opens up a lot of opportunities with bundles and making money

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Is stardew valley a mix of animal crossing and those facebook farming games? Because that's the mental image I'm getting here.

I'll youtube it later, Joe Pera is on soon.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Is stardew valley a mix of animal crossing and those facebook farming games? Because that's the mental image I'm getting here.

I'll youtube it later, Joe Pera is on soon.

It’s Harvest Moon the old SNES game but made for PC and then consoles by one dude over a like 7 year period.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

McNally posted:

You guys are monsters.

You should see what happened to the SA thread for SDV in Games over the last 12 months.

The tone shifted from a near-universal "man, this game is cute and fun" to a seriously gritty "who is the worst bachelor/bachelorette?", "buying at Joja is actually better than buying at Pierre's, because Pierre is PART OF THE PROBLEM", or YOU'RE NOT PLAYING THIS GAME CORRECTLY" and such.

It's like a TVIV version all of a sudden.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't recall seeing anybody taunting players for playing it wrong but the thread definitely got taken over by people who treat playing videogames like optimizing an algorithm.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hekk posted:

It’s Harvest Moon the old SNES game but made for PC and then consoles by one dude over a like 7 year period.

Oooooh. Okay.

Still gonna watch some youtubes on it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its like 12 bucks and done because natsume refused to make a good new harvest moon

its well done and the new patch is really good

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Haven't delved too far into Pierre's dickishness beyond his prices and him being closed on Wednesdays. I need seeds and that lazy bastard is just standing by the river. I say hi, he tells me to cover my mouth when I sneeze. I say nice weather, he says also make sure to wash my hands after.

gently caress you, Pierre.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
That's Harvey

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

whatever gently caress that dude

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Y'all's take on SDV is taking me back to my days of Fallout 2 where I'd play comically-chem-addicted do-badders.

I feel like my next run is gonna be all Joja-mart focused, and I'll feed Kent Sashimi until he stops putting bombs in my mailbox

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

EBB posted:

whatever gently caress that dude

Well, agreed. I'm only friends with Linus and my hipster wife, Leah

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

A Bad Poster posted:

Don't put off building buildings. I didn't get a silo until after i cut down most of the grass. Some stockpiling is good, but don't let your stockpile cut into your profit.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Ive been giving Pierre joja colas and trying to jody Jodi

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/amurderofbears/status/1216619288850661376?ref_url=http%3a%2f%2fforums.somethingawful.com%2f

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

That’s how I look playing Tekken.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That's how I sound playing Tekken

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Like tkd wasnt ridiculous enough already

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its dope as gently caress

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its dope as gently caress

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Taekwondo is cool, but the Olympic version with whatever dumb ruleset is the lamest poo poo as they just flail about trying to maximize points. What is the non-lame one? WTF?

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
New Doom Eternal Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkklG9MA0vM

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Gonna Rip and Tear until I get stuck and realize that I am no longer good at first person shooters.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Hekk posted:

Gonna Rip and Tear until I get stuck and realize that I am no longer good at first person shooters.

gently caress, same. I am bad at Doom but I love that it exists and I don't mind bashing my head against it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

March can’t come soon enough