Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Donald Trump in the Middle East – US president has defended his threat to target Iranian cultural sites if Tehran retaliates for the killing of Qassem Suleimani"

Telegraph:

After Illingworth.

Matt:

Dominic Cummings calls for 'weirdos and misfits' for No 10 jobs

Independent:

Times:

Labour leadership: Result will be announced on 4 April; Long Bailey scores Corbyn '10 out of 10' as she launches campaign

Evening Standard:

Labour leadership: where do the candidates stand? (L-R: Nandy, Long Bailey, Phillips, Starmer, Thornberry, Lewis)

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Hate island (Love Island: Lewis Capaldi's ex and Rochelle Humes' sister among line-up)

David Squires:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Trump's threat to target Iranian cultural sites – Donald Trump has defended his threat to target Iranian cultural sites – widely seen as a war crime – if Tehran retaliates for the killing of Gen Qassem Suleimani"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Cancelling HS2 would fail new Tory voters, Boris Johnson told

Prince Harry and Meghan to step back from royal family

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson and Ursula von der Leyen have 'positive' meeting

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Labour's continuity candidate

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
New Doctor Who looking good.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Well done to Blower for managing to make Jeremy Corbyn like cool actor Bernard Hill.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Even by the famously low standards of Paul "loving" Thomas that is absolute dogshit, jesus wept.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
<sensible chuckle>

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lmao at this Paul Thomas. Indistinguishable from transformation fetish comics on deviantart.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

HJB posted:

New Doctor Who looking good.

Footage from the future of Long-Bailey taking over from Corbyn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJqsPBWbtjk

escapegoat fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 9, 2020

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's support for Trump's missile strike – Boris Johnson has strongly backed the US’s decision to kill the senior Iranian general Qassem Suleimani in a missile strike"

Telegraph:

Johnson's first meeting with Von der Leyen lays trade deal faultlines bare

Matt:

Prince Harry and Meghan to step back from royal family

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Duke and Duchess of Sussex 'defied Queen' over statement release

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Betting and the FA Cup

Guardian Australian Sport:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Pilchenstein posted:

Even by the famously low standards of Paul "loving" Thomas that is absolute dogshit, jesus wept.

He didn't even start Corbyn off with his glasses on :confused:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Trump's response to the Iran missile strikes – Donald Trump backed away from further military confrontation with Iran after days of escalating tensions, saying Tehran appeared to be standing down following missile attacks"

Telegraph:

Thursday morning news briefing: Royals 'hurt' as Harry and Meghan quit the Firm

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

After Disney.

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Harry, Meghan and the Iran crisis – The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s decision to step back from public life has provoked vitriolic attacks on the couple and hyperbolic predictions of what it could mean for the monarchy"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Arcimboldo.

The i paper:

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... The Queen's fallout with Prince Harry

Stephen Collins:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Love that Thomas has had to alter the well known phrase "bank of mum and dad" without pausing for a single nanosecond to consider why that is :v:

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I do enjoy all of those steaming hot takes from media types about royals moving to Canada, completely oblivious to why folks might want to escape the wretched environment those same media types helped to create.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The royal fairytale turns sour – Exit the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, pursued by the tabloid press"

Sunday Telegraph:

After Only Fools And Horses.

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Nice to see Bob unafraid to say what everyone else was thinking: Rodney and Del Boy were loving :v:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Harry, Andrew and royal scandals – The Queen has summoned senior royals to an emergency summit at her Sandringham estate on Monday to discuss the future of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex"

Telegraph:

Five make it through to next round of Labour leadership contest

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Love Island LIVE – Contestants baffled over 'Butter Churner' sex position during villa games

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Queen's royal family summit – The Queen hosted crisis talks at an unprecedented royal summit at Sandringham on Monday, with implications not just for the future of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, but for other members of the royal family"

Telegraph:

Labour leadership hopefuls court votes of the 'big five' unions

Matt:

Boris Johnson's Big Ben Brexit bong plan falls flat

Independent:

Times:

Storm Brendan strikes south of UK – in pictures

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Megxit summit

David Squires:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Squires posted:

Wanting to leave whilst maintaining the perks of membership is not the British way
:allears:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's plan for a Big Ben Brexit bong – A campaign to ensure the chimes of Big Ben sound at the moment of Brexit on 31 January appears doomed after Commons authorities played down the idea, while a funding plan promised by Boris Johnson to pay for it turned out to not exist"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Flybe saved after ministers and investors seal rescue deal

Independent:

Times:

Keir Starmer sets out vision for Labour to win back power; After Disney.

Evening Standard:

James Bond: Billie Eilish to provide No Time to Die theme

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a right Royal crisis

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Of course Blower just completely and uncritically buys in to the whole bongs for brexit horseshit, I think I hate that hack oval office more than I ever did Mac.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Pilchenstein posted:

Of course Blower just completely and uncritically buys in to the whole bongs for brexit horseshit, I think I hate that hack oval office more than I ever did Mac.

Blower blows.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The british media is full stupid

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Like andrew being an accomplice of the pedo pimp Epstein didnt engender so much scorn, but royals moving to Canada?? This poo poo will not stand

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Kurtofan posted:

Like andrew being an accomplice of the pedo pimp Epstein didnt engender so much scorn, but royals moving to Canada?? This poo poo will not stand

England is terminally class poisoned and Meghan is an outsider.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hillary 2020 posted:

England is terminally class poisoned and Meghan is an outsider.

It's not just that she's an outsider. It's not just that she's a commoner. It's also because she's part-black and Britain is a hellishly racist shithole that likes to kid on it's not so bad.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah Kate is a commoner and an outsider but only about half a dozen weird royalists who still have opinions about the Jacobites were openly scornful of that, whereas Meghan is a commoner, an outsider, partly of African heritage, and also American.

I do wonder what the reaction would have been if Harry had married someone not considered 'white' but definitely considered royal, like someone from the Moshesh Dynasty or the House of Dlamini. The royalists would probably consider that less insulting than marrying any American, but there's far from zero intersection between royalists and racists.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Britain has never forgiven Mrs Simpson.
Or the American Revolution.
You ungrateful colonials.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I feel like wealth and hereditary status would matter more to these people than race, purely because two of those are absolute requirements to being a servile bootlicker.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The European dynasties of old would absolutely rather their son marry an African princess to cement relations between the dynasties than the 'whitest' daughter of a pig farmer, because the racialization of skin melanin content was a secondary factor to one being appointed divine ruler by God. As long as they weren't Muslims, has to be the right God. 'Whiteness' was something that came along with chattel slavery and Caribbean colonialism, and was cemented by modern Liberalism and 'race science'.

But the modern British press may as well be run by Arthur de Gobineau so I'm sure they'd find something to complain about in the event of that happening.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn Papists.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Did anybody post this?

https://twitter.com/Judoon_Platoon/status/1217780340246355969

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the scrapping of NHS A&E waiting times – Matt Hancock has signalled that four-hour waiting targets for A&E are likely to be scrapped after the worst figures on record this winter"

Telegraph:

British Airways owner files complaint over Flybe bailout

Matt:

Russian government quits as Putin plans to stay in power past 2024; Sandi Toksvig quits as Great British Bake Off co-host

Independent:

Times:

Downing Street kills off plans for Big Ben Brexit bong

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Flybe's turbulent finances

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's impeachment – Impeachment trial of US president opens as watchdog says he broke law on Ukraine" After @TrumpDraws.

Telegraph:

Putin's ministers were not told of resignation plans in advance; Northern White Rhino embryos ready to implant in project to bring back sub-species

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Harry's exit plans

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

traitor! he's a traitor beryl! he doesn't like the british sports any more!! that harlot's corrupted him beryl!!!!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is it 2020/4/20 already?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Brian Adcock on the impeachment of Donald Trump – The White House has unveiled Donald Trump’s legal team for his Senate impeachment trial, a list of attorneys whose own ageing controversies threaten to overshadow their efforts to defend the president"

Telegraph:

Labour must stir up democratic revolution to win power, says Long-Bailey

Matt:

Why Britain's vicars won't be ringing the bells for Brexit

Independent:

After FJ Aimé De Lemud, or is it Louis Steinheil?

The i paper:

Times:

Long-Bailey says abortion limit should not be different for disability

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on Harry and Meghan leaving Britain

Stephen Collins:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I would never have known who the child was if he hadn't been depicted with ginger hair and his initial on his back. I did however feel very clever when I deduced the identity from the given clues!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
First they need to decide if they're doing Warner Bros or Disney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Donald Trump's impeachment – What the Republican party knows, but isn’t saying…"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times: