Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I used hard earned AP for those, they're sticking in my inventory forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'm just always running NGU gear and energy stuff, I'm just about to push the troll challenges and whatnot once I get my FoL to 5

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Just maxed the Evilverse set (both the regular and the left/right boots), and I'm still nowhere near getting to the next zone as far as I know. I thought the whole "don't bother maxing it until later" advice was weird at first, but now that I got it done in like 2 days, I find it even more baffling. Maybe I just got really lucky, though? Considering how steep drop rates had fallen for later stuff on Normal, I was expecting this to be way worse. :shrug:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The advice is to aggressively push bosses by doing 30 minute rebirths and let your fruit perks do the work to get up to the next zone. Definitely if you've maxed the evil set then you should be able to get there, unless you're really far behind on NGUs.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is it a realistic expectation that i can complete all 10 of the no rebirth challenges if i'm at the point of almost idling Walderp?

I've spent the last week getting my NGUs (other than drop rate/magic NGU and PP) up to 10,000 and it's helped immensely, though my fruit of power is still only at level 10. I've got all of my diggers up to needing at least over 1 Octillion Gold to level up so I've got more levels available in those than any gold i can seem to generate to sustain them for zones I have access to.

I'm in the middle of completing the 5th stage of it (defeating boss 60) and it slows down quite a bit in the 50's bosses at the moment. I got the feeling that the fruit of adventure helps a lot but obviously that takes hours to grow. I'm just thinking that getting up to an beating boss 80 for the 10th stage might take a few days of full seed drops in of itself.

Basically i just want to get walderp down to an hour respawn to make farming his gear easier.

Kin fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jan 11, 2020

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I've been idling walderp for a minute and am also around 10k (8192 PAWGs) and don't think I could reasonably do all those challenges.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Kin posted:

Is it a realistic expectation that i can complete all 10 of the no rebirth challenges if i'm at the point of almost idling Walderp?

I've spent the last week getting my NGUs (other than drop rate/magic NGU and PP) up to 10,000 and it's helped immensely, though my fruit of power is still only at level 10. I've got all of my diggers up to needing at least over 1 Octillion Gold to level up so I've got more levels available in those than any gold i can seem to generate to sustain them for zones I have access to.

I'm in the middle of completing the 5th stage of it (defeating boss 60) and it slows down quite a bit in the 50's bosses at the moment. I got the feeling that the fruit of adventure helps a lot but obviously that takes hours to grow. I'm just thinking that getting up to an beating boss 80 for the 10th stage might take a few days of full seed drops in of itself.

Basically i just want to get walderp down to an hour respawn to make farming his gear easier.

Each No Rebirth challenge takes a lot longer, so I wouldn't bother going all the way. You wouldn't even be able to take advantage of it now since you can't reduce the spawn time to under 1 hour.

I'm idling the Beast now and I probably would need a day or two just to complete the 9th or 10th run of the challenge. But I think you can get enough of the No Rebirth's down to reduce Walderp's spawn time to 1 hour which will be a huge boon going forward.

It might be prudent to do the Laser Sword challenges first since they don't actually reset anything and you'll be able to power up your augments for the No Rebirth run.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Blattdorf posted:

Each No Rebirth challenge takes a lot longer, so I wouldn't bother going all the way. You wouldn't even be able to take advantage of it now since you can't reduce the spawn time to under 1 hour.

I'm idling the Beast now and I probably would need a day or two just to complete the 9th or 10th run of the challenge. But I think you can get enough of the No Rebirth's down to reduce Walderp's spawn time to 1 hour which will be a huge boon going forward.

It might be prudent to do the Laser Sword challenges first since they don't actually reset anything and you'll be able to power up your augments for the No Rebirth run.

That's good to know, thanks. I think i'd need to get no rebirth challenges fully completed to bring him down to close to an hour though (i think it works out that his fastest respawn would be 1:30). At the end of the second run, he took 2:30 to respawn, so after this run i'll have him down to 1:45 which is... betterish...

I did end up completing the first laser sword challenge before trying this, but then the gold requirements went nuts. though i forgot about using the gold from a level 24 fruit to fund it. I'll probably go and do those next.

I take it that it's another challenge i really shouldn't try to max for where i am? IIRC the max gold i get from fruit at the minute is about 2.5 Octillion after 24 hours.

Kin fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 11, 2020

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Kin posted:

That's good to know, thanks. I think i'd need to get no rebirth challenges fully completed to bring him down to close to an hour though (i think it works out that his fastest respawn would be 1:30). At the end of the second run, he took 2:30 to respawn, so after this run i'll have him down to 1:45 which is... betterish...

I did end up completing the first laser sword challenge before trying this, but then the gold requirements went nuts. though i forgot about using the gold from a level 24 fruit to fund it. I'll probably go and do those next.

I take it that it's another challenge i really shouldn't try to max for where i am? IIRC the max gold i get from fruit at the minute is about 2.5 Octillion after 24 hours.

It might be a good idea to aim for the Beast first. It has another source of Attack/Defense boost that's a separate multiplier to ITOPOD and EXP menu, in addition to offering a lot of other neat bonuses. I probably won't attempt maxing No Rebirth until I can at least manual Chocolate World.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

each NRC knocks off 15 minutes

to hit an hour respawn, you need to do 4 NRCs to get Jake and UUG, 8 for Waldo, and 10 for Beast

personally for a while I was sitting at 6 NRCs done, so Walderp took 1:30 to spawn and the Beast took 2 hours to spawn, until I was into Beast V2 territory and had enough sunk into NGUs that I could push the last few, and even the last one required me eating fruits of adventure and waiting like 3 hours

for LSCs you should try to hit badly drawn world up, the weapon there is the only augmentation time reduction equipment

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

I've been playing for quite some time and i've gotten to the pop where I have some left over magic with no where to put it. I don;t know if this is already a thing but a dumb where you can convert one of the resources to another one would be useful.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

MrTargetPractice posted:

I've been playing for quite some time and i've gotten to the pop where I have some left over magic with no where to put it. I don;t know if this is already a thing but a dumb where you can convert one of the resources to another one would be useful.

That ends once you have wishes available. And really the only time I had an unusable magic surplus was toward the extreme end of normal difficulty. It never came up in evil and definitely won't come up in sadistic.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Manuel Calavera posted:

Is it worth keeping any of the hearts after they're Maxx'd? The yellow heart is good for gold drop, but are the red & blue useful in the future?

Sage Grimm posted:

Nah you'll end up dumping all hearts except for green's respawn, though pink and black will last the longest due to their basic stat blocks.

I use Green Heart for my respawn set
Pink Heart in my wishes set
Yellow in my MaxGold set
Grey in my hacks set

I have all gear up to Sadistic's West World zone maxed so im not useing them for lack of better alternatives.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 11, 2020

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
Are there any idle games that have an attached roguelike or roguelike components? I feel this is something I’d love. The adventure modes in early games like a Dark Room don’t seem to have been explored very deeply.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

That ends once you have wishes available. And really the only time I had an unusable magic surplus was toward the extreme end of normal difficulty. It never came up in evil and definitely won't come up in sadistic.

I'm pretty easily able to cap that out but looking at the times it seems that it gets much more resources intensive later on.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Shadowstar posted:

Are there any idle games that have an attached roguelike or roguelike components? I feel this is something I’d love. The adventure modes in early games like a Dark Room don’t seem to have been explored very deeply.

Cookie Clicker's been working on something like this for a couple years.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Shadowstar posted:

The adventure mode in anti-idle has aspects of that. There’s secrets and lots of combat stats and whatnot

It’s more like NGU adventure than nethack

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

*Sigh* Well gently caress this.

It looks as though steam synch has eaten my save and i've just lost the last the last few hours of progress.

Kin fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 11, 2020

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
What happened to your autosave then?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I put my NGU save folder in my dropbox so i get that sweet version history

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Got some feedback from steam forums, so i took another crack at the ui layout:

ignore the randomly placed spawn button -it won't exist in the real build.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I'm ready for this new update, I've got the Rad Lands set maxed finally and I'm not moving forward easily without this new mechanic.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

something posted:

Those colour schemes are not very colour-blind friendly. I cannot read the text on Meh, Decent, or Good cards without leaning in super close.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Meinberg posted:

Those colour schemes are not very colour-blind friendly. I cannot read the text on Meh, Decent, or Good cards without leaning in super close.

I am not colour blind, and I still find it hard to read Meh, Okay, Good or Decent in that example. It's just a really bad colour choice on the cards themselves, I think?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dragonatrix posted:

I am not colour blind, and I still find it hard to read Meh, Okay, Good or Decent in that example. It's just a really bad colour choice on the cards themselves, I think?

same and same

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

something posted:

I'm not sure how to read the UI because I don't know what anything is supposed to do. It definitely feels more compact, though.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Meinberg posted:

Oh yeah, this has been brought up in the discord a lot by some colourblind players and i'm either going to tweak with the colours or offer a setting to turn them to just black text

edit : oh poo poo i forgot - the card pods are all gold cause i was testing how they and the "chonker" type cards looked! You wouldn't have these gold pods unless you bought something i'll make in the AP shop that gives you shiny gold cards.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

something posted:

What happened to your autosave then?

I'm playing across two different machines as i move about the house.

I clicked on the box that said it had "more time played" (which was the steam one), but when it loaded up i'd lost a bunch of challenge progress. When i went back to the first machine i did the same thing again in haste and it wiped the save i'm assuming. My best guess is the synch from the first machine didn't work and for whatever reason when i loaded it up from steam on the 2nd machine it said it has the longest playtime, but it was actually a save from earlier in the day. That then got pushed onto the first machine when i went back to it.

User error basically.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
oh darn that sucks.

I forget if i did this in the 1.003-hotfix but in 1.100 for sure, i add a half-hourly backup save. maybe it's still around?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I used Talk to Transformer to fix the lack of flavour text:

quote:

Magic the Gathering flavor text for *CARD_NAME*: "
=

something posted:

"These tasty French toast rolls will rock your world."

"It's like walking into a Stormwind Candy Store."

"I wonder if any of you collectors have ever had the chance to play with this... thing?"

"Immortal. Feared. He who stands before us is the devil... And he will kill us all."

"Please view my tattoos."

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Pigbuster posted:

I used Talk to Transformer to fix the lack of flavour text:

=

That stupid tool is pretty much black magic.

How the hell does it take:

quote:

Ingredients
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
and give me

quote:

2/3 cup raisins
4 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 F. Beat together egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and raisins. Add melted butter and vanilla.
Once dough is smooth, roll into balls, 1 inch in diameter. Place the balls on a baking sheet, and roll the dough between your hands to coat, then carefully place them in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and bake until lightly browned and sound hollow when tapped, about 20-25 minutes.

Edit:
When I formatted it like this:

quote:

Card Name: The Slick, Chunky Granny
Flavor Text:
I got

quote:

Card Name: The Slick, Chunky Granny
Flavor Text: The fate of the great city lies in the hands of just three players. Art by Dominik Simonetti
Blurb:
Slick, Chunky Granny is the urban legend card. In this game, your streets are controlled by people with nimble, clawed hands. Slick, Chunky Granny controls the card ability of each player. She can be a hamster, a frog, or a fox. This creature could (among other things) build homes or sling nets, but she can only use her creature's abilities if she touches a land or player.
Facts:
- No card in the game is more iconic than Slick, Chunky Granny.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 12, 2020

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

something posted:

oh darn that sucks.

I forget if i did this in the 1.003-hotfix but in 1.100 for sure, i add a half-hourly backup save. maybe it's still around?

It's cool, i've had it running for the last few hours so i'm back to where i was.

Dunno if it would be worth having some kind of timestamp on the save loading page though. Like something that folk can see and go, "heeey, that's like 2 days ago, that can't be right".

On a separate note, i've finally got 200k AP for another upgrade. I was eyeing up either the second inventory slot upgrade, a beard slot or another heart (i've got red and yellow already). Would the inventory slot be the best pick of those?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

It's cool, i've had it running for the last few hours so i'm back to where i was.

Dunno if it would be worth having some kind of timestamp on the save loading page though. Like something that folk can see and go, "heeey, that's like 2 days ago, that can't be right".

On a separate note, i've finally got 200k AP for another upgrade. I was eyeing up either the second inventory slot upgrade, a beard slot or another heart (i've got red and yellow already). Would the inventory slot be the best pick of those?

get the green heart

edit: inventory slot or accessory slot?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
something, you may find it helpful to run your game or art through a colorblindness simulator like, for instance, Color Oracle: https://colororacle.org/ or other similar free products.

That can save you an iteration on design, and still let you do more than have a black and white option. The making games thread has a few posts with other similar accessibility resources.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Facts:
- No card in the game is more iconic than Slick, Chunky Granny.

FACT.

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

Discendo Vox posted:

Cookie Clicker's been working on something like this for a couple years.

Is there a beta I could check out?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Shadowstar posted:

Is there a beta I could check out?

details on accessing it here:

https://cookieclicker.fandom.com/wiki/Dungeons

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

get the green heart

edit: inventory slot or accessory slot?

Accessory slot.

So are the hearts basically more important than being able to equip more items?

Kin fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jan 12, 2020

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

Accessory slot.

So are the hearts basically more important than being able to equip more items?

I thought you were getting inventory slots and questioning in my head that there shouldn't be a 200k AP inventory slot.

Eh, I'd probably lean to the accessory slot right now

For hearts it kind of depends which ones they are - red and yellow definitely, after that less so

Green is good for next because it's probably both the best in terms of what bonuses it gives as equipment (go respawn and drop rate) plus its bonus is more perk points, which also helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Oh by the way something, I recently unlocked R3 and the default custom purchases for it in the exp menu were 1 power, 1 cap, and 10k bars - which I'm guessing is not quite the intended order of those values.