Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

In It For The Tank posted:

This is where the Script Merger comes in. You can apply LEGO over Ghost Mode's changes to the economy and have both active.

I'm not experienced enough with scripts to know which changes need to take priority when it comes to script merging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Considering how passionate he is about rebuilding the north into something not poo poo, I think it was a calculated risk. It's probably the toughest decision in the game to make, to be honest. It would have been harder had Iorveth been in the game since I can see him siding with Dijkstra after hearing the speech he gave Geralt on the pier.

it all seems kinda moot if empress Ciri is going to be the one to finalize those agreements

Ciri and Ves can divide up the north via a knife throwing contest

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

hobbesmaster posted:

it all seems kinda moot if empress Ciri is going to be the one to finalize those agreements

Ciri and Ves can divide up the north via a knife throwing contest

lol Ves would be awful. Roche too. Is Queen Meve still alive?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Helith posted:

Iorveth hated sorceresses as much as he hated humans, he wouldn't give a poo poo about them being burnt at the stake. He would also be quite happy for Nilfgaard and the North to kill each other in wars and is probably hoping that they successfully decimate each other so that the Elves and other races can rebuild a free Vergen and be left the gently caress alone

Iorveth isn't an idiot and he knew that the stuff he did wasn't sustainable or productive. It's why he joined up at Vergen, who was lead by a human. He'd jump at an opportunity for a land where elves didn't get prosecuted. Roche just wanted the status quo back.

Are there any one-punch man mods where one punch wins you fist fights? I forgot how much I hate that poo poo (controls like crap, parrying causes your opponent to reel back far enough that your punches don't track so you end up missing, especially with strong punches) but I do them because they're decent money. I rather just skip the horseshit and get the cash.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Pretty sure there's a console command to just instantly win the current fist fight.

Edit: https://www.mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/

Guess it's considered a normal fight. Try /killall.

itry fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 12, 2020

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Jimbot posted:

Iorveth isn't an idiot and he knew that the stuff he did wasn't sustainable or productive. It's why he joined up at Vergen, who was lead by a human. He'd jump at an opportunity for a land where elves didn't get prosecuted. Roche just wanted the status quo back.

Are there any one-punch man mods where one punch wins you fist fights? I forgot how much I hate that poo poo (controls like crap, parrying causes your opponent to reel back far enough that your punches don't track so you end up missing, especially with strong punches) but I do them because they're decent money. I rather just skip the horseshit and get the cash.

The leader at Vergen in Witcher 2 was not a human though. True Iorveth did agree to help build a land where he wouldn’t kill humans if they didn’t kill him and he is pragmatic, but I just can’t see him buying into Dijkstra’s scheme. Maybe if Dijkstra could convince him that Radovid would hunt non humans when he ran out mages. I wish he’d been in 3 so we had the final answer to this speculation though

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

tithin posted:

I'm not experienced enough with scripts to know which changes need to take priority when it comes to script merging.

If all you're doing is quality of life and graphical improvements, with maybe some minor gameplay stuff like changing dodges and whatnot then script merger will be able to automatically figure out how to merge them.

For my current play through with a decent amount of mods I didn't have to make any decisions for scripts with script merger, I just ran it and that was it.

Completely stable gameplay too, no crashes or anything like that to deal with.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The obvious solution to everything is to shove Dijkstra, kill Radovid, and then teach Ciri to witcher so that she can help Saskia liberate the continent from all corrupt and cruel rulers in Witcher 4.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

What would you guys say are the most unmissable side quests in this game? I'm playing for the first time, just finished up in Skellige and I can feel myself getting a bit fatigued with it, so I'd like to prioritise just a few good quests as I go through the rest of the main story. I really like it, just don't want to burn out by doing too many samey monster-killing contracts.

(yen romance, btw)

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

professor metis posted:

What would you guys say are the most unmissable side quests in this game? I'm playing for the first time, just finished up in Skellige and I can feel myself getting a bit fatigued with it, so I'd like to prioritise just a few good quests as I go through the rest of the main story. I really like it, just don't want to burn out by doing too many samey monster-killing contracts.

(yen romance, btw)

Cabaret, helping Dandelion fix up his theater is a really great quest.

Radovid already does hunt down non-humans before you start planning to murk him if you've saved the mages?

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 12, 2020

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

professor metis posted:

(yen romance, btw)

As mentioned, Cabaret should not be missed. Triss's sidequest chain as well.

On Skellige the Hjalmar/Cerys quests and King's Gambit are excellent. Make sure you do "The Last Wish" as well.

In Velen, "Where the Cat and Wolf Play" and "Ghosts of the Past" should not be missed.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Helith posted:

Iorveth hated sorceresses as much as he hated humans, he wouldn't give a poo poo about them being burnt at the stake. He would also be quite happy for Nilfgaard and the North to kill each other in wars and is probably hoping that they successfully decimate each other so that the Elves and other races can rebuild a free Vergen and be left the gently caress alone

This.

Also Djikstra is a piece of poo poo. Like the Yen/Triss thing, if you've read the books it's not even a decision.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I haven't read the books and it wasn't a decision for me either. A little politics tip: if a guy starts telling you that I'm super honest for real going to build a utopia you guys, I just need to start with a liiiiitle backstabbing and murder now, he's not going to build a utopia.

It also helped that old Vernon had just dropped everything to help defend Ciri and didn't ask for a thing while doing it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You know one thing I wish they kept from the first two game soundtracks was the use of electric guitar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIuh8F_RROg

The original theme is the best variation of the motif. Also the couple of tracks Adam Skorupa did for W3 before he was replaced with Marcin are all terrific.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfCkmoF2KQ

He has a really defined style and his softer tracks from the first two games are incredibly memorable.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 12, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

In Velen, "Where the Cat and Wolf Play"

Theres a fun line from the target if you show up to the quest end in Cat school gear.

Witcher 3 seems like one of those games wtjh a massive amount of alternatives down to choice. Just for Yen and Triss alone it seems like there could be dozens of permutations of their scenes as a result of making specific choices.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A question about the Act 3 Quest Through Time and Space. Is Tedd Déirradh, the final world you visit before reaching the Aen Elle planet, supposed to be Novigrad in the future or a different planet altogether? I'm a little confused because Avallach says it's the same world where Geralt faced the Grandmaster in the first game and that game implied it was actually the future. But Avallach talks about Tedd Déirradh as though it was the past since it was a world already consumed by the White Frost. Are they one and the same or is it a separate world that just so happened to share architecture and language with the Witcher World?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Alvin may have been speaking metaphorically when he said it was the future.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

I haven't read the books and it wasn't a decision for me either. A little politics tip: if a guy starts telling you that I'm super honest for real going to build a utopia you guys, I just need to start with a liiiiitle backstabbing and murder now, he's not going to build a utopia.

It also helped that old Vernon had just dropped everything to help defend Ciri and didn't ask for a thing while doing it.

But what if the guy is the best character in the 2 or 3 novels and 1 game he appears in

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Arcsquad12 posted:

A question about the Act 3 Quest Through Time and Space. Is Tedd Déirradh, the final world you visit before reaching the Aen Elle planet, supposed to be Novigrad in the future or a different planet altogether? I'm a little confused because Avallach says it's the same world where Geralt faced the Grandmaster in the first game and that game implied it was actually the future. But Avallach talks about Tedd Déirradh as though it was the past since it was a world already consumed by the White Frost. Are they one and the same or is it a separate world that just so happened to share architecture and language with the Witcher World?

I’m going to say it’s a parallel universe version of a town (Novigrad maybe?) from the Northern Kingdoms. The game and books have always had elements of time travel and not just space.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

GrossMurpel posted:

But what if the guy is the best character in the 2 or 3 novels and 1 game he appears in

poo poo yeah good point, nightmarish dictators are never charismatic, that just wouldn't make sense

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I don't care about Roche, but nobody is touching Thaler on my watch.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I wonder if Thaler ever did go back to make shoeses for the sockcuck trolls Ogg Rogg and Pogg :allears:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

He taught them to swear, he'll make em some shoes.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

I’m going to say it’s a parallel universe version of a town (Novigrad maybe?) from the Northern Kingdoms. The game and books have always had elements of time travel and not just space.

Yeah, remember Ciri is the Lady of Time and Space. Avilach even says he can’t control where the portals end up like Ciri would be able to.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

pentyne posted:

Is the Witcher Mod manager more user friendly then Vortex? I was able after some hassle to get all the mods I wanted loaded, and eventually found out how to load mods manually into vortex.

The biggest thing with TWMM is that script merger is built-in, more or less. It gives you an option to run it any time you install or uninstall mods so the chances of loving up your game go down a bit.

Also this is just a personal issue I guess but Vortex has a really confusing/overdone GUI. :colbert:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I always giggle at the finale when Ciri is still wearing her usual outfit and all she's done to deal with the Skelligan cold is put on a little hood and nothing else.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Thank you guys for the suggestions! I thought I'd start with Cabaret since a lighthearted quest sounded like a nice little break, and lol. I was bamboozled!

Most of the other ones I'd actually already done, so I'll just finish Triss's quests and then move on to the main plot. And I got the funny dialogue in the Cat Witcher one because I was wearing feline armour. I like when a game is reactive like that.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

I hope you weren't bamboozled twice. who was the killer?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Don't you mean who is the killer? Remember what Regis reveals in B&W quest line?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I actually went back and did it again because I definitely killed Nathaniel without hearing him out and then found another body with a letter gloating about getting away with it. Good quest!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

On my latest play through I just got to the part with Síle and i completely forgot how heavy handed it is. With the healing abilities seen both mundane and magical in universe no injury should be unrecoverable given adequate resources. It’s like they forgot her being alive was an import option.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

hobbesmaster posted:

On my latest play through I just got to the part with Síle and i completely forgot how heavy handed it is. With the healing abilities seen both mundane and magical in universe no injury should be unrecoverable given adequate resources. It’s like they forgot her being alive was an import option.

Dimeritium suppresses all magic as well as causing pain to mages. The witch hunters keep all caught mages in dimeritium shackles.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Then it’s a good thing Geralt has all the keys, killed all the guards and activated a beacon for a full strength Yen to teleport in.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Magic healing does have its limits though.
In the books it’s described as slow, painful and needing a great deal of power and not everything can be cured or healed.
Vilgefortz was the only mage ever to successfully regrow his eyes and Lydia van Bremervoord was horrifically injured at Brenna and Vilgefortz couldn’t heal her so he cast glamours over her to hide the disfigurement instead.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

chaosapiant posted:

Fourth play through and just finished that quest line less than an hour ago. Dijkstra’s motivations make sense to me: he wants to continue fighting with a unified north and not become a vassal to Nilfgaard with Kaedwen and Redania gone and Temeria in name only.

BUT, the way he goes about it is dumb and I think it’s the one tiny area of the game that didn’t get the attention it needed. Dijkstra is a master spy, well educated, well informed, and very well networked. While he does offer Geralt the opportunity to walk away, I feel like his decision to kill his co-conspirators with a lovely small force of dudes that Geralt, Roche, and Ves would eat for breakfast. Is poorly thought out and executed. Why not poison? Why not deception?

I do think part of that bit of poor quest handling is a way for the developer to both include Geralt and give him agency. But feel like there were better ways to handle that. And I don’t feel that way regarding pretty much any other part of the game.

because he is used to working with old geralt who would get tired of political bullshit and walk away. unfortunally for him, i was friend with Obersturmbannführer roche. so he got split.also Toussaint is a vassal state of nilfgard and they havent changed much.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

i dont get how anyone is tricked by that. like its clear the priest is just a weird dumbshit sadist and isnt "smart" enough to do the crimes. plus i figured whats his face was a vampire from all the tells.

Mzbundifund posted:

yeah. roche is a monster be he is a cool bro and i kinda figure nilfgarrd is the better option. like both sides are awful but nilfgaard seems to atleast sorta have its poo poo together.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Helith posted:

Magic healing does have its limits though.
In the books it’s described as slow, painful and needing a great deal of power and not everything can be cured or healed.
Vilgefortz was the only mage ever to successfully regrow his eyes and Lydia van Bremervoord was horrifically injured at Brenna and Vilgefortz couldn’t heal her so he cast glamours over her to hide the disfigurement instead.

Sounds like keeping someone alive isn’t out of the question though if the only concern is glamours.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

hobbesmaster posted:

Sounds like keeping someone alive isn’t out of the question though if the only concern is glamours.

In Sile’s case though shes been held by the witch hunters and tortured by them for so long now that she is so damaged that no one can heal her, the only thing that can be done is euthanise her.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
I finally got that drat Marksman achievement. Just two more pretty easy ones to go and this will be my first 100% game.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

How doable is The hall of the grandmaster as a pure phys skelemancer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

tithin posted:

How doable is The hall of the grandmaster as a pure phys skelemancer?

:confused:

Wrong thread maybe?