Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/anicrossing2/status/1216072290959536130

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I know this guy's kinda basic but I really loved fighting him because nothing feels better than bonking this hammerheaded brute right in the face with your own hammer and having him fall over or lose his skull plate. Plus he looks rowdy.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah barroth is cool, the mud mechanic is a fun environmental thing too

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

did someone say nibelsnarf

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like the Great Jargas because I get to easily do all of my sick nasty combos on something that isn’t a wooden post

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

did someone say nibelsnarf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXK87XvtzMw

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

I just hope they do a master rank version of the wyvern ignition GS, that sword is cool as gently caress...

Got some good news for you when PC gets the second contest winner weapon.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Man, Indivisible really tricked me into thinking I was in the endgame.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well this is scummy. A big “Expansion Pass! (Buy Here)” button got added to the Pokémon Sword menu, where you go to check up on your mons or open your inventory

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Another casualty in the DLC wars :(

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wonder if there will ever be a turn-based tactics game that didn't boil down to managing traffic jams at doorways

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is at least as often about exploiting ridiculous movement tech as is is traffic jams.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Man Divinity OS 2 is cool but hard. I figured out two ways off the island but both are blocked by really tough fights that start out with my entire party being immolated. I wonder if there’s a bunch more stuff I should do to level/gear up before trying to escape, or if I’m totally loving up my character development, or if I’m just bad at the game and should turn down the difficulty.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Weedle posted:

Man Divinity OS 2 is cool but hard. I figured out two ways off the island but both are blocked by really tough fights that start out with my entire party being immolated. I wonder if there’s a bunch more stuff I should do to level/gear up before trying to escape, or if I’m totally loving up my character development, or if I’m just bad at the game and should turn down the difficulty.

If you keep exploring there are ways to make that final battle much easier, not just through EXP + character levels but also through the outcomes of certain encounters.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gonna put everything I'm playing on hold for a bit and see what this Sonic and Mario at the Tokyo Games is all about

please report back about the retro versions of events

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Jay Rust posted:

CB > SA > GL > H > GS > HH > IG > L > S&S > DB > B > LS > HBG > LBG

Capturing this Correct Opinion for posterity (though budge SA and IG up one and throw H all the way to the end)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
imo Insect Glaive is the easiest weapon but the damage output is a bit low for solo play

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lbg needs to be higher because its fun to shotgun kirin in the face

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

That's the metal gear monster yeah?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

FirstAidKite posted:

That's the metal gear monster yeah?

I thought the monster of Metal Gear was us

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lurdiak posted:

I know this guy's kinda basic but I really loved fighting him because nothing feels better than bonking this hammerheaded brute right in the face with your own hammer and having him fall over or lose his skull plate. Plus he looks rowdy.

This is my answer too. My MH experience is just a few hours of Tri that I bounced off of and then a few dozen of World so it's not the greatest breadth of experience but destroying this dude with a hammer just feels so good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Honestly if the game just cut out the grinding I would probably still be playing it. I know there's less of it now but man.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Looper posted:

please report back about the retro versions of events

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Subnautica status: oh my god why does this rocket take so much crap from all over the world to build

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
gently caress the rocket. Become an ocean hermit forever.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

haveblue posted:

Subnautica status: oh my god why does this rocket take so much crap from all over the world to build

Because you're not supposed to leave... :allears:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Put Zamtrios in world Capcom

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
The names escape me since I'm phone posting but I like hunting slime fists and the sword tail one because it's cool when he drags it around to hear it up

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

slime boy is brachydios. it was loving wild when they introduced that dude and slime weapons, literally game changing...

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It's a tie between the Owl, the Bug Queen, and Legiana

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I'm definitely digging the art style of the '64 stuff

Sonic is slower than Usain Bolt

The minigames have been all right so far! The classic ones are definitely riffing on the old NES sports games for sure. The motion controls they try to implement for the current ones are horrid so I'm glad they're optional

Skateboarding is cool

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Stux posted:

literally any monster that isnt kirin

hi i'm kerrzhe and kirin is 100% my favorite monster to fight

i tried to find a good screenshot but he just keeps being exploded for some reason??

there's a horse in there i swear

precision posted:

imo Insect Glaive is the easiest weapon but the damage output is a bit low for solo play

this isn't true at all, the damage is only low if you spend all of your time hopping around in the air, because the ground combos do the most damage. every weapon is good in solo play!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
But why wouldn't I spend all my time doing sweet air flips

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
bring back aerial style for hammer and you've got the best of both worlds

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

precision posted:

But why wouldn't I spend all my time doing sweet air flips

i admit i spend most of my time in the air because i can dodge most of the monsters' attacks up there

plus it looks sweet

see you have to justify it with excuses reasons like "i'm dealing mounting damage to topple the monster!" "i'm doing more status/element damage this way!" and the new "i'm trying really hard to hit the falling clutch claw attack but it's hard to aim!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

bring back aerial style for hammer and you've got the best of both worlds

:hai:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

haveblue posted:

I love Subnautica speedruns because they have to get all the fragments and mats for a Cyclops, just so they can make a single part that's needed for a rocket bit.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm watching some of the agdq 2020 vods and I was excited to see tetrisphere but god drat they do an absolutely lovely job at explaining how the game works so most of it is just complete nonsense to anybody not familiar with the game.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Revelations 2 for $10 on Switch, yay or nay?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Roth posted:

Worth it just for Raid Mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Roth posted:

Careful, that's episodic.