Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Regy Rusty posted:

Generally speaking you want your deck to be as small and efficient as possible. The more cards you have, the more turns it takes to go through your whole deck, which means more turns between seeing your really good cards.

This is not really true. You want your deck to be efficient, but a small deck will kill you against enemies who inflict statuses. You want to add cards that add value, and especially earlier in the game, that's really most cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
What’s up with ‘add a copy into discard pole’ cards like Anger, which does damage and costs 0 energy? Is there a downside to using those?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

minya posted:

What’s up with ‘add a copy into discard pole’ cards like Anger, which does damage and costs 0 energy? Is there a downside to using those?

So it'll eventually fill up your deck with Angers the longer the fight goes on. Which can be a good or a bad thing depending on the fight.

Its good if you have a lot of ways to draw cards so you can keep spamming out those 0 cost attacks. It can be bad if your hands become just 5 Angers every turn since their only real redeeming value as cards is the 0 cost.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

minya posted:

They‘re fun at the start and in short fights, but for longer ones (like bosses) your deck will get so big that you can’t get to the critical defense/utility cards when you need them.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Disposable Scud posted:

On my Wii. OOT or Master Quest?

OOT.

Master Quest if you've played OOT to death.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I started Slay the Spire the other day and made it to the third boss on my first run. It reminds me a lot of FTL.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

well the genre has been discovered and they continue to propagate so in conclusion you are in gamer hell, sorry you had to find out this way :/

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wamdoodle posted:

well the genre has been discovered and they continue to propagate so in conclusion you are in gamer hell, sorry you had to find out this way :/

what lives can be killed

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fallom posted:

what lives can be killed

Vita means life.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Where can I find a blacksmith who can make Witcher great? I want the Griffin set weapons. Only one I can find is the master in Novigrad and he wants me to go in a level 24 quest. I'm only level 12 I just want the level 11 gear. The armor was easy but every weapon Smith I find is an amateur

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Where can I find a blacksmith who can make Witcher great? I want the Griffin set weapons. Only one I can find is the master in Novigrad and he wants me to go in a level 24 quest. I'm only level 12 I just want the level 11 gear. The armor was easy but every weapon Smith I find is an amateur

The guy back in white orchard can do basic stuff.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

You need the ElfGuy quest (which is a thread of like 5 things, IIRC) for the mastersets. You won't be levelled up for those for quite a bit, though. I was ~lvl 16 and there were a few basic fights that I had to rely on the shield sign to make through, but nothing that was like an instantkill if I hosed up.

I think the journeymen guys can make the base level Witchgear to get you started, though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Vita means life.

Tits are life, rear end is hometown!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I know this is probably the most expensive way to do a task, but if you were to buy an HD60S, you could just use that as a weird Switch version of Remote Play, right? Like, granted the Switch is near your computer and all that.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

LODGE NORTH posted:

I know this is probably the most expensive way to do a task, but if you were to buy an HD60S, you could just use that as a weird Switch version of Remote Play, right? Like, granted the Switch is near your computer and all that.

As in trying to play on the computer screen through the capture software? You'll be miserable trying to do this, there's a fairly large delay of like, 2-3 seconds between real input and when the software shows it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vegastar posted:

As in trying to play on the computer screen through the capture software? You'll be miserable trying to do this, there's a fairly large delay of like, 2-3 seconds between real input and when the software shows it.

That's true of using OBS, but using Elgato's software there's no delay (at least with a HD60).

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

kirbysuperstar posted:

That's true of using OBS, but using Elgato's software there's no delay (at least with a HD60).

I'm running the elgato software. It's still seconds behind my inputs. Possibly I need to remove the output HDMI that goes in to the monitor, though, might work real-time that way?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FilthyImp posted:

You need the ElfGuy quest (which is a thread of like 5 things, IIRC) for the mastersets. You won't be levelled up for those for quite a bit, though. I was ~lvl 16 and there were a few basic fights that I had to rely on the shield sign to make through, but nothing that was like an instantkill if I hosed up.

I think the journeymen guys can make the base level Witchgear to get you started, though.

Yeah it is a journeyman level gear, the only journeymen I can find are armorers though

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah it is a journeyman level gear, the only journeymen I can find are armorers though

There's one in the South East of Oxenfurt, head in over the bridge that leads to the western gate signpost and follow that road straight in the same direction the bridge points.

For reasons entirely beyond me half the useful vendors don't appear on the World Map unless you're standing right on top of them and disappear again soon after. At first I thought it might be because of the time of day (like they don't show up if they're closed) but as far as I can tell that's nothing to do with it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Disposable Scud posted:

On my Wii. OOT or Master Quest?

OOT. Master Quest assumes you are actually a master of OOT and have already played it to death with how it mixes things up.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Picked up Grip and Shakedown Hawaii during the sale. Grip is a blast so far, runs pretty great and easily worth the $10. Shakedown is proving to be a good time. I can see why some people were not into the gameplay loop of the business side, but I actually enjoy that part quite a bit thus far.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Hori needs to retire that ridiculous system stand. It was fine as a launch product but it will be remembered as a clunky piece of poo poo

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Just 'cause you got a rocking horse don't mean you can rock.

History Comes Inside! posted:

For reasons entirely beyond me half the useful vendors don't appear on the World Map unless you're standing right on top of them and disappear again soon after. At first I thought it might be because of the time of day (like they don't show up if they're closed) but as far as I can tell that's nothing to do with it.

I noticed this too and it’s so weird to me. I don’t remember the PS4 version having this same issue... it’s gotten to the point where I just leave the interactive map open on my phone when I need to find a blacksmith/armorer/barber who isn’t a master.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Spellman posted:

Hori needs to retire that ridiculous system stand. It was fine as a launch product but it will be remembered as a clunky piece of poo poo

Yeah the little Nintendo one (or the GameStop brand ripoff of it I have) blows that out of the water now.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

thatfuturekid posted:

Picked up Grip and Shakedown Hawaii during the sale. Grip is a blast so far, runs pretty great and easily worth the $10. Shakedown is proving to be a good time. I can see why some people were not into the gameplay loop of the business side, but I actually enjoy that part quite a bit thus far.

I'm enjoying Grip too - surprised it runs as smoothly as it does on the Switch (after watching PC version videos, it clearly isn't as sharp graphically but I expected that).

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

hatty posted:

Call Nintendo, if they won’t help you buy a set at Walmart and return the broken ones in the new box and say it came busted

Hey, gently caress you, pal. I saved up for two months to get an Xbox controller for my PC, and then there was a small sale at Walmart, so I picked it up, but it was a busted-rear end clearly-used controller. I was out fifty bucks because of that scam, and I tried to return it and they wouldn't take it because the serial number on the controller didn't match the one on the box, so clearly I was the scammer.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

if anyone wants to play lhm3 online I recommendthis hour a bit when Japan’s very online

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

conquered ten floors three times this morning while playing with cool random people :radcat:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

My sister in law just handed me Smash and Spla2n out of the blue, so now I'll finally try smash.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

bushisms.txt posted:

My sister in law just handed me Smash and Spla2n out of the blue, so now I'll finally try smash.
nice!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

if anyone wants to play lhm3 online I recommendthis hour a bit when Japan’s very online
What is LHM3?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Luigis haunted mansion 3

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Luigis haunted mansion 3

yeh that I was mid game and had no time to type :supaburn:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

History Comes Inside! posted:

There's one in the South East of Oxenfurt, head in over the bridge that leads to the western gate signpost and follow that road straight in the same direction the bridge points.

Thanks, I finally found him. Also I finished the master quest which was actually pretty easy because each of the combats I had to do they gave me two invincible ai buddies

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

bushisms.txt posted:

Your sister in law has good taste.

As a long-term Smash fan (since 64) though, I will say that after getting Splatoon 2 recently, I've been playing it even more than Smash.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

thatfuturekid posted:

I found the switch port of GRIP to be very lackluster and borderline unplayable due to the poor optimization, but I could be spoiled by the PC version running so smooth and pretty on my juiced up PC with an RTX series GPU and 144hz monitor. Having a portable version is pretty cool though.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Luigis haunted mansion 3
Do... Do people call it that?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Do... Do people call it that?

In Japan it's referred to by its original name, Doki Doki Mansion

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Heath posted:

In Japan it's referred to by its original name, Doki Doki Mansion

haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
L(H)M3 Scarescraper question: What is the "Random" number of floors option? Every time I've picked it, it always just says "5F" in the lobby, and I've only bothered playing it through twice, both times, as indicated, it went to five floors and that's it.

Coming from LM2's Scarescraper that had all the different standalone modes and so many more floor options (5/10/25/Endless), LM3 just having one mode and "5/10/Random" floor options kind of sucks, especially when it seems like "Random" essentially does nothing.