Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm lazy and use BK. I got to 103 and could have pushed a few further. Had like eight minutes left over. But I demand no more than five minutes between dopamine hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

LochNessMonster posted:

Should’ve paid more attention when picking the build I guess. Pretty happy I only have to switch the belt, a ring and the weapons to use the s19 version.

Is it viable stick with the Bul Kathos weapons or are the Istvans way better? I ran those before I had both Bul Kathos and never had enough Fury. Probably because I’m running the blood funnel instead of wind shear rune for whirlwind.

I use BK for T16 and speed GRs (up to a certain point, anyway). Basically, I pull out Istvans for pushing and for GRs where the average trash mob will survive 1-2 hits.

Istvan feels pretty bad to use when the mobs are too fragile, since you don't get much Fury return from WW. Once you are chewing on them for a bit, though, the sustain feels much smoother.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Kaustik posted:

Can you elaborate?

The Captain Crimson's set bonuses also turn the CDR into 8% increased damage and the RCR into 8% reduced damage.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I leveled a barb this week after claiming the season rewards on a necro and getting bored, and am already at like GR84 with no ancients and some other suboptimal stuff using WW/Rend. I’ll have to do A1 bounties to try the RoRG and Capt Crimson stuff, that plus swapping to some more CDR and a zodiac ring should let me get quite a bit higher. I’ve been using the Istvan’s swords but they are not ancient and I haven’t gamecubed either one so that’s a lot of damage that shouldn’t be too hard to pick up. This build plays similarly to the bonestorm necro except it’s a lot better in every way, I regret not trying it out before.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If you are digging it, do a PoJ monk (probably next season).

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Dameius posted:

If you are digging it, do a PoJ monk (probably next season).

PoJ is great for a speed farmer while the barb does the pushing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What’s the deal with the Darkening of Tristram event?

Is it just a little tacked on thing or is it fun and/or worthwhile?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Do it if you haven't done it yet and collect all the awards. Get the soulstone legendary gem for giggles.

If you have already done this, do it for a nostalgia kick if you want.

Edit: I usually do it at least once a year for the SFX alone.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Ehud posted:

Oh poo poo, is that on again? I kinda like that goofy thing, even though I already have Diablo 1 installed and am playing it a fair bit.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Ehud posted:

It's a very effective location to level up if the timing works for it. I think last year we had a new season in January.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
have there been any hints as to when the next season will start?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Expect something like a three month-ish season, and a week or two between end of previous and start of next season.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

eric ciaramella posted:

have there been any hints as to when the next season will start?

If they keep the existing format then it will be late Feb or early March.

https://heavy.com/games/2019/12/diablo-3-season-19-end-season-20-start-time/

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Can you get the seasonal reward armor on multiple characters or only on the first seasonal character you make or rebirth?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Ynglaur posted:

Can you get the seasonal reward armor on multiple characters or only on the first seasonal character you make or rebirth?

The first seasonal character you claim the rewards on.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

Just the one. But you don't have to accept it on the first one, you can just not open the rewards and save it for second character if you don't need it for the first one. Like if you do LoN build first and save the set for an alt.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Ynglaur posted:

If I’m not mistaken you can claim it once on Softcore and once on Hardcore.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Thanks everyone. I'm regretting going with Wizard and wanted to try the Barbarian build. Oh, well.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

If I’m not mistaken you can claim it once on Softcore and once on Hardcore.

No it’s once per season since it’s tied to the journey

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ynglaur posted:

Thanks everyone. I'm regretting going with Wizard and wanted to try the Barbarian build. Oh, well.

Simplest way to switch is to run rifts on the character you have then roll shards on the one you want to switch

(or tag along a barb buddy and have him give you the drops)

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Ynglaur posted:

Yeah, you're on PC, just ask in the LLJK channel if you can leech for a bit

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Just did GR100 for the first time ever, on a WW barb with 1 ancient item (gloves), no augments, 720 paragon :woop:

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

mewse posted:

No it’s once per season since it’s tied to the journey

Once per season per region.
Feel free to start a character in another region if you're that desperate for a second set of Gifts.

.dazedandconfused..
Jan 5, 2006

Once upon a time Blubberkopf made me even more confused....

My first HC 70 pity haul for this season had a nice surprise.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
RIP my HC barb, I was playing while my drunken mother was rambling in my ear about just absolutely nothing and I was like “Oof I just procced I should go back to town... but if I stand around doing nothing for 60 seconds it will be harder to ignore her oh I’m dead.”

Oh well WW Barb is super fun, felt extremely powerful even in T12.

Gonna finish leveling my SC Necro in Darkening of Tristram.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 11, 2020

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Can someone please explain briefly what speed/push/farm mean and how they differ in the build focus? Thanks.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

dialhforhero posted:

Can someone please explain briefly what speed/push/farm mean and how they differ in the build focus? Thanks.

push - gear/skills/gems/etc optimized for attempting higher and higher GRs.

speed/farming - gear/skills/gems/etc meant to tear through bounties and T16 normal rifts as fast as possible, and whatever the highest GR you can complete in ~ 2ish minutes.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

dialhforhero posted:

Push - Build for max GRs. Focus on survivability, Bane of the Stricken is basically a requirement.
Speed - Max speed for lower GRs. Once damage and survivability are irrelevant, focus on move speed and working in Nemesis Bracers.
Farm - Max speed for Torment XVI (Neph Rifts and bounties). Damage and survivability should be irrelevant, focus on move speed and gold-related unique powers. Broken Crown can be useful here.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I've been playing this game for 8 goddamned years and I never knew this:

quote:

As of patch 2.6.5, using an Ancient or Primal Puzzle Ring will increase the difficulty and reward of the Vault, replacing every single Vault Sentry with a Treasure Goblin.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 17, 2020

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Shrecknet posted:

It is a very recent change in the scope of 8 years so don't sweat it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dameius posted:

It is a very recent change in the scope of 8 years so don't sweat it.

Yup. That was in patch 2.6.5, and we're currently on 2.6.7a. 2.6.5 was May of last year, and 2.6.7a was November.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Shrecknet posted:

Don't forget your broken crown.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

After classic Wow came out I thought I was done with this game till 4 comes out. But now I'm just raid logging for wow and needed some late night chill gaming, and here I am whirling away at demons again. I cant quit you baby.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Fingat posted:

After classic Wow came out I thought I was done with this game till 4 comes out. But now I'm just raid logging for wow and needed some late night chill gaming, and here I am whirling away at demons again. I cant quit you baby.

All Will Serve the Cycle!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Back to Hell, dawg.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

exquisite tea posted:

Back to Hell, dawg.

I'm never going to look at the Barbarian the same way again now, thanks :v:

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Don't forget your broken crown.

What's with the broken crown? To wear it if you do the vault?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Volguus posted:

Yes, shitloads of gems drop in the vault. Broken crown with something socketed doubles the number of gems you get.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Volguus posted:

What Suprfli6 said, but also note that you can make that your Kanai's skill slot and it will still double drop the gem in your helmet (if you need to keep it on it for your class set or something). Since you don't need to min-max in the vault, throw in your mainstat gem since you will want 39 flawless royals eventually for Caldesann's Despair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Make a gold farm suit and have someone carry you through vaults. Can net 500m gold a run, enough to empower a bunch of GRs.