Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pirate Radar posted:

This isn't a WIBTA post, and it shouldn't be, because the answer would be "gently caress no"

According to the Legal Advice UK comments, he's basically untouchable since he's in cyprus. That's a bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for prohibiting my daughter from wearing an oversized t-shirt over extremely short shorts in public?

floozy
floozy
floozy

Huh, I didn't know you could get pregnant at 70.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If there's any 'minor' offense to bar you from tourism it should be drunk driving, since the last thing anyone wants is drunk tourists on the road.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

This isn't a WIBTA post, and it shouldn't be, because the answer would be "gently caress no"

quote:

It's a complicated story, but what my family and I have worked out over the, nearly 9 years, is that he was a high functioning sociopath who, as my Mum quickly found at when he left, owed £125,750, mostly brought on through scamming business, families and maxing out credit cards. My Mum was taken to court, the house was seized, I had a mental breakdown and we nearly ended up homeless and we spent the next 5 years on the poverty line.

Now it is 2020, a lot has changed, my family is back on it's feet having only £12,000 left to pay, and the Government taking pity on us and not chasing us anymore.

Wait, so if the father had been the one scamming people and maxing out cards, why is the mother the one being taken to court and why were they paying off the $125K for the next several years?

Does the UK have some arcane debtor's law where when you commit a bunch of financial crimes and skip town the govt goes after your immediate family like they committed the crimes?

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

pentyne posted:

Wait, so if the father had been the one scamming people and maxing out cards, why is the mother the one being taken to court and why were they paying off the $125K for the next several years?

Does the UK have some arcane debtor's law where when you commit a bunch of financial crimes and skip town the govt goes after your immediate family like they committed the crimes?

I'm thinking dad committed identity theft and posed as the mother - creditors will sue whatever unfortunate person has their name on the documents. They're not law enforcement officers who are supposed to at least pretend to care who is actually responsible, they just want their pound of flesh.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

aardwolf posted:

I'm thinking dad committed identity theft and posed as the mother - creditors will sue whatever unfortunate person has their name on the documents. They're not law enforcement officers who are supposed to at least pretend to care who is actually responsible, they just want their pound of flesh.

And the dad ran to cyprus, so they're like "welp, gently caress that" as far as he goes, and are gonna try to recover the credit one way or another.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for saying I don't want a car with strings attached; I'd rather save for my own car.

I am 16f and I just passed my driver's license test. My parents had been saying for a while that they'd get me a car when I passed the test, and I passed on the first try!

My parents sat me down and said that the car would come with some restrictions and expectations...

I would pay for my insurance and gas, and tolls, with money from my part time job. (I'd be on their insurance but I'd pay my part)

I would drive my siblings ( 14m 11m ) to school, home from soccer and robotics club, etc.

I would run family errands twice a month.

I would be responsible for car maintenance and cleaning.

I would have my car privileges suspended if I got a speeding ticket, other moving violation, or was seen driving unsafely

I would not drive more than one friend at a time as they might be a distraction.

The car was to stay at home as a family car / learner car for my brothers when I go to college

Afterwards, I thought through all that, and realized I'd basically be paying a lot of my own money to be a driver for my brothers all the time. And I wouldn't even be able to use my car for much of what Id want to use it for. Like doing things with friends. And I wouldn't have a car for college.

So I thought on it. I made a budget of how much I'd spend a month on maintenance, gas, tolls, cleaning, insurance, etc... Versus how much I was making at my job.

Then I figured how long it would take for me to save up and buy my own car, and still be budgeting for all the monthly costs. And I figured that if I put my savings into a car fund and also saved for six to eight months, If be able to afford my own car and all its costs.

I thought that would be a much better choice; I'd have a car to take to college and I wouldn't have to be the chauffeur to my brothers every day.

So yesterday I told my parents "No thanks; I'd rather keep working and save up for a car I can totally own. I've worked out a budget and think it will take under 8 months."

I honestly thought my parents would be OK with it; they value budgeting and personal responsibility a lot so I thought they might even be proud of me making this my goal. But they had a lot of problems with it, that I'll just summarize here

They want me to drive my brothers so my mom and dad don't have to any more.

They think the sort of car I can afford (a mid 2000s sedan like a Honda Civic or Toyota Camry) would be a lot less safe than what they were planning on getting. (A new Hyundai SUV)

The car is not just for me, it will be a third family car for when my brothers learn to drive too.

I feel like that's really unfair, that they won't let me save for my own car instead. It's like they've decided they're gonna give me something I don't even want, and I don't have a choice in it.

WIBTA if I said I won't drive the car my parents buy, if they buy it, I've decided I'm gonna save for my own car instead?

this kid just owned their parents hard & it rules

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

pentyne posted:

Lots of stuff doesn't add up there without the mother being involved in some way in whatever the dad was doing, especially as apparently "the government" was involved.

The only debt in the UK the government would get involved in is taxes that haven't been paid. Potentially if the guy ran a business he could not pay his taxes, but anyone who's an employee pays taxes through payroll. Its not like the US where everyone has to self declare.

In theory he could have said he would pay their council (property) tax and if he didn't she would also be liable but that wouldn't get to 120K unless it took like ten years of non-payment before anyone did anything.

The only thing I can think of is that he set up a company under the mum's name, possibly because he was already barred from being a director of a company (e.g. If you go bankrupt or convicted of certain crimes you can be barred from holding director status). In which case I'd he used the company to scam people, transferred all the funds abroad, never paid any tax, and then legged it, the tax bill would fall on the mother. But then if it was a limited company the government couldn't have taken their house and the mother wouldn't have to pay it back.

Honestly I can't imagine a scenario where the dad can rack up so much debt and the mother would be responsible. I know someone suggested identity fraud but in the UK if you can demonstrate it was identity fraud you're not liable for any debt.

Personally I think either the OP doesn't really know what went down (because he's been lied to or not told the full story), or its made up, possibly someone is in Cyprus or thinking of legging it to Cyprus.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for kicking a girl out of my bridal party because of how sensitive she was being towards my ideas for dresses?

I feel like I’m gonna get a lot of hate for this but I had to post it anyways. Btw on a throwaway.

So I’m getting married soon (28 F), and one of the most exciting parts of the wedding for me are the bridesmaids and the dresses. I don’t consider myself to be a bridezilla, but on my special day, I want everything to be as perfect and coordinated as it could possibly be.

So about a week ago I decided to invite my bridesmaids over so we could discuss dresses and stuff. Let’s call the bridesmaid I had the issue with “Joy.”

Before they came over I already had a nice dress in mind. The dress was burgundy, form fitting, cut a little above the knees, and had one shoulder strap. I thought it was gorgeous and very feminine for women our age, but Joy and a couple of other girls weren’t exactly comfortable (mostly because it was form fitting) so I let it slide. I really wanted a dress that all of the bridesmaids would love and feel comfortable in, but they had to be the same.

So the next dress was still burgundy, but it touched the floor (no slit) and it had spaghetti straps. Everybody loved the dress except for Joy, who claimed that she didn’t want to wear the dress because she’s insecure about her shoulders. Fair enough.

At this point I knew that Joy was going to be difficult to work with, but I kept going because again, I wanted to be accommodating. I think we went through 5 or 6 more dresses before the last one. (The dresses that I showed the bridesmaids were modest IMO and little things were what made Joy not want to wear them). The complaints she had were always something small like “I don’t like how the dress shows the shoes, then my toes would be out” or “my hair isn’t long enough to compliment those sleeves” (yes, I’m 100% serious).

So the last dress I showed them was a floor length burgundy dress, loose, had beautiful long sleeves, and the only thing that was keeping it from not being a burgundy maxi dress with long sleeves was the fact that there was a slit that came up to below the knee. It honestly was one of my least favorite dresses out of the ones I chose, but I wanted to try to be accommodating. Again, everyone seemed to agree with the dress except for Joy, who claimed that the slit was a little too provocative for her taste.

After this, I was a little frustrated, so I just said we’d try looking at dresses again another time. While the girls were leaving, I pulled Joy aside and explained that I don’t think she’d be a good fit for my bridal party because this aspect of the wedding meant a lot to me and her demands were too “nitpicky” to be a part of the group, but I still wanted her to be at the wedding. She got upset and said that I was excluding her because of her insecurities. I said that I already tried to accommodate her by showing many different styled dresses, but she didn’t want to hear it, and left. So, am I TA?

Edit: I am paying for the dresses

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for kicking a girl out of my bridal party because of how sensitive she was being towards my ideas for dresses?

I

Say what you will, but there’s no one in this bridal party who’s gonna stroke stripper dick and then bicker about it being cheating.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Smirking_Serpent posted:

There should be a dad fiction novel about an evil diamond monopoly cutting the stones in engagement rings in a specific way to resonate with the rhythms of the eldritch deeps, causing insanity among the weak-minded in their proximity. It would be an established conspiracy theory within days.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im thinking back to the time I had to go bridal dress shopping and Ive decided, Ill do it, Ill challenge Joy to a duel where the loser is sent to the Shadow Realm.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Kitchner posted:

Lots of stuff doesn't add up there without the mother being involved in some way in whatever the dad was doing, especially as apparently "the government" was involved.

The only debt in the UK the government would get involved in is taxes that haven't been paid. Potentially if the guy ran a business he could not pay his taxes, but anyone who's an employee pays taxes through payroll. Its not like the US where everyone has to self declare.

In theory he could have said he would pay their council (property) tax and if he didn't she would also be liable but that wouldn't get to 120K unless it took like ten years of non-payment before anyone did anything.

The only thing I can think of is that he set up a company under the mum's name, possibly because he was already barred from being a director of a company (e.g. If you go bankrupt or convicted of certain crimes you can be barred from holding director status). In which case I'd he used the company to scam people, transferred all the funds abroad, never paid any tax, and then legged it, the tax bill would fall on the mother. But then if it was a limited company the government couldn't have taken their house and the mother wouldn't have to pay it back.

Honestly I can't imagine a scenario where the dad can rack up so much debt and the mother would be responsible. I know someone suggested identity fraud but in the UK if you can demonstrate it was identity fraud you're not liable for any debt.

Personally I think either the OP doesn't really know what went down (because he's been lied to or not told the full story), or its made up, possibly someone is in Cyprus or thinking of legging it to Cyprus.

I also don't buy that some scam artist piece of poo poo dad is somehow able to recreate some magnificent life and it be anything but a fabulist invention, degenerate fuckups like 99% of the time will inevitably collapse because they're incapable of forming and keeping anything but the very basic business relationships as they're garbage people and people get taken advantage of early on.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

thatguy posted:

I also don't buy that some scam artist piece of poo poo dad is somehow able to recreate some magnificent life and it be anything but a fabulist invention, degenerate fuckups like 99% of the time will inevitably collapse because they're incapable of forming and keeping anything but the very basic business relationships as they're garbage people and people get taken advantage of early on.

To be fair if they owed about £120K in taxes then they would "only" have to have earned about £550,000 which isn't a huge amount assuming it was income/corporation tax.

I just can't think of a scenario where the government would be owed that much money and they could go after the mother (assuming she wasn't involved).

If it was like "My mum was on all the paperwork" then yeah, maybe, but even then it would imply he wasn't a limited company, but if it wasn't a limited company then there's no paperwork for the mum to sign.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Tbh I can buy that it is easier for the unprincipled to be a success in corrupt countries (I hear Italy has a huge problem with this, dunno about Cyprus specifically).
I also buy that he got mum to take stuff out in his name or forged it, I have a friend who works in a lowly fraud position and it happens so often in families. Additionally there is huge pressure not to get the police involved or punish the wrongdoer for whatever reason.

Sloth Life fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jan 12, 2020

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Kitchner posted:

You're not wrong in that it's hard to imagine. That said, there are jurisdictions in Europe where under certain circumstances creditors may seek coverage of debts in the marital estate, sort of a solidarity principle thing with spouses. I have no idea if the UK practices something like this, and honestly even that seems far fetched to me.

Debt created by fraud is usually dischargable so long as they aren't an accessory to the crime or they stupidly accepted the debt or they somehow can be held liable on seperate grounds, which I can see a way of happening, sure. But all of it would require some sort of action on part of the defrauded wife that made that happen.

Maybe he's a really good fraud that had her sign and participate in a bunch of really obvious stuff she shouldn't have? Maybe she was a minor accessory and avoided prison? Regardless, it's obvious the poster doesn't know the whole story and probably never will. Maybe they should get a solicitor and demand the police filings.

For sure the fraud in Cyprus is lying about his situation and is probably looking for an in to milk his family for more cash. Invite him over to visit and alert Interpol. Limitations shouldn't have kicked in yet.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

i mean all it takes is husband getting wife to sign some documents for her to be liable, it seems by far the most likely scenario

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

i mean all it takes is husband getting wife to sign some documents for her to be liable, it seems by far the most likely scenario

Depends really, if there's basically evidence that someone has a massive contract dumped on them with loads of small print and they are told "sign it, it's just a formality don't worry" the contract won't stand up in court.

I recently actually incorporated my own company for work, you can do it online and it has very little information on it, with big sections with bold text on what you can be held responsible for.

So basically the courts do look at "could a reasonable person have not understood what the contract/form meant, having been advised to sign it by another".

I think it's unlikely to be totally fabricated, just the OP has no real clue what's really happened.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Kitchner posted:

Depends really, if there's basically evidence that someone has a massive contract dumped on them with loads of small print and they are told "sign it, it's just a formality don't worry" the contract won't stand up in court.

I recently actually incorporated my own company for work, you can do it online and it has very little information on it, with big sections with bold text on what you can be held responsible for.

So basically the courts do look at "could a reasonable person have not understood what the contract/form meant, having been advised to sign it by another".

I think it's unlikely to be totally fabricated, just the OP has no real clue what's really happened.

Even if it was some sort of document fraud or contract law issue, there should be ample opportunity to contest the validity of that contract later particularly if it's a criminal case. However, let's say the actual fraud amount is like £ 1 000 000 and of that, £ 125 000 was credit card debt racked up by the husband from credit cards in just her name, where she provided her husband with the credentials/pin and whatnot. According to most insurers and credit card companies, sharing your credentials is negligence even if it's family and the debt can't be discharged. Maybe that's all on her, or maybe it's a shared marital debt but he's skipped town and the debt is just unclaimable, but maybe the UK practices marriage debt solidarity so the companies can file a claim for the entire amount just on her. Maybe half that debt figure is just late fees and or court costs? It's far from unheard of that the final claim amount is 50-70% interest and fees.

Honestly, we can speculate all day, but it's definitely possible and we definitely don't have anywhere near enough information from the OP to figure anything out so might as well drop it.

Bottom line, fraud dad is a piece of poo poo, get him arrested any way you can.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
My (21m) roommate is becoming extremely obsessed with my (f21) feet and it’s becoming a problem. What do I do?

/u/troubleinfoot posted:

Hi guys.

I’m using a throwaway for obvious reasons. So to start let me tell you about the backstory to all of this. About a year ago, me, my boyfriend Ricky (21m) and his two friends Jack and Ryan all moved out of our college dorms into like a apartment type of deal in a college town kinda. We are all currently in our third year of college. My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 6 years. I have known both of his friends for about 6 years as well.

Jack is who this post is about. (I changed all names for privacy). Now, we were all freshman and I actually met Jack first and we dated for about 3 or 4 days. We met at a party and hooked up and he asked me to be his girlfriend later in the night and I drunkenly said yes. The next couple days I hung out in his garage with him, Ryan and Ricky. I realized that I had made a huge mistake and I really really liked Ricky. Long story short I ended up breaking it off with jack and started dating Ricky pretty soon after. We broke up for about 3 months when we were seniors. And I hooked up with Jack again but in my opinion it was because Jack pressured me into it. I really only see Jack as a best buddy and that’s about it. Then Ricky and I got back together and have been since.

Anyways. So this all started the first time we hooked up. I was on top and Jack kept gripping my feet and rubbing them while we were having sex. I thought it was weird but thought nothing of it. The second time we hooked up he did it again.

Around 10 or 11 months ago we were alone in the house for the first time after moving in. (We never hangout alone before we lived together it was always all 4 of us in a group) my boyfriend doesn’t really like me hanging out alone with him because of our past and he doesn’t really like me alone with any guy. Anyways, we were hanging out and watching tv on the couch and I was laying down and my feet were right by him and he was sitting up. He grabbed my feet and put them on his lap and started rubbing them. I didn’t think much of it or care. If my boyfriend walked in at the time he’d probably have screamed at me later but I just saw it as innocent and kinda brushed it off i didn’t really question it I guess.

So that happened a few more times and it kinda just became like a thing when we were home together which is a lot because of both of the other guys work a lot more than me and him. I would just kinda put my feet in his lap and he’d rub them. We didn’t really talk about it or anything. My boyfriend never wants to rub them and I love foot rubs so I didn’t care.

Then about 6 months or so ago I walked into my room and caught him smelling my sneaker. I instantly freaked out and a million things flashed into my head and I realized this guy has a foot fetish. I immediately freaked out on him and told him to never let me indulge his fetish without even letting me know etc etc. I told him to stay away from my feet and feet related items. I probably wouldn’t of cared either to be honest. I take really good care of my feet and I think they look nice and I don’t think I’m a bad looking girl. I wouldn’t of cared if he had just asked. He can go smell my shoes and rub my feet if he wants to it doesn’t harm me. But the fact that he did it without telling me made it a no.

Then, about 4 months ago we all got really drunk one night and I passed out and I woke up to him sucking on my toes. I was too tired at the time to do anything about it but I screamed at him later.

Then about a month ago is when I caught him taking pictures of my feet when I was asleep. Now he has been asking me every single day for the past month to sell him foot pics or to let him touch my feet for money and a whole bunch of stuff. He said he wants me to findom him and I don’t even know what that is. I just signed another year lease here and I can’t tell my boyfriend because he will try to fight him and it will cause tons of drama. What do I do about this situation?

It’s gotten to the point where I’m uncomfortable around him and stuff. My friend told me I should cash in on him and get all the money I can. I would’ve loved to do that and I probably would have if he hadn’t been a creep but now he just gives me the creeps and I feel like that’s not what I wanna do anymore.

I also noticed a lot of my dirty socks go missing lately and I’m sure he took them. I put them on in the morning and wear them all day at school then if I work wear them to work and then to the gym and then on my run and then home. So they’d be perfect as they stink. I just feel creeped out in my own home and I don’t like this at all.

tl;dr my roommate is obsessed with my feet and is sniffing my shoes and possibly stealing my socks when I’m not around and I don’t like it

A little Sunday morning reading.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
by the same op

My boyfriend (21m) of 6 years just lost a bet to me (21f) and won’t pay me the money. I’m really angry. What do I do?

quote:

So to keep things pretty short. My boyfriend and I made a bet that I couldn’t choke him out with my thighs. I am 5’10 and weigh 158. I’m pretty thin but I have a lot of muscle especially in my legs because I work out and run everyday. He is 5’7 and weighs 120. He does not workout at all.

We live together but we split everything with roommates and such. We both are pretty good with money and save almost everything we make. So we argued about it and then he bet me $500 that he could get out of the chokehold. (I also did wrestling for 3 years in high school) I put him in the hold and he was passed out within seconds. He is now trying to say that he didn’t lose because I let go and he never tapped. I let go because he lost consciousness. He is being very mean about this and I’ve really never seen him like this. We both have thousands in the bank. As we have saved everything for the past 6 years other than rent and basic food. Tax returns and all. I just wanted to bet $20. But he wanted to go big. Now that we have made that bet and made the commitment, I do want my money.

It’s been causing a huge fight between us since yesterday. We haven’t even spoke. I’m just really aggravated because he isn’t even holding up his end of the deal. We have never made bets before other than when we first started dating we made a bet for like $10 and I lost and paid him. What do I do at this point?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Licarn posted:

by the same op

My boyfriend (21m) of 6 years just lost a bet to me (21f) and won’t pay me the money. I’m really angry. What do I do?

Choke him out again and keep doing until he pays you, then break up with this fragile little shortstack

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Tell him either he's giving you 500 dollars or she's getting it from the foot guy.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

AITA for being offended by my husband's social media post about a prior one night stand right after our date night?

My husband and I are in our late thirties/early forties and we've been together for 10 years. When he was younger, he'd dreamt of a creative career, but gave it up before we met. He still has creative needs though, and tries to fulfill them by making thought provoking or funny posts on social media. He has hundreds of followers and most are friends, co-workers and family members. I'm happy that he has a fulfilling hobby, but I'm also very private and sometimes cringe at his unfiltered personal posts. We've argued about this in the past, so he usually gets my approval before adding anything about me.

We try to have a "date night" at least once a month and act like we're in our 20s. Last weekend we went to a concert, got wasted, and had an absolute blast. In the Uber ride home I mentioned that it was my favorite concert ever (the band was amazing). He agreed that it was great but he'd have to think about its rank. Things progressed at home and into the bedroom and we concluded one of our best date nights in years.

A few days later, I happened to check his social media account. He'd made a post about going to a concert with me and how it got him thinking about his all-time favorite concert. He said that the band we saw the previous weekend was better, but his all-time favorite concert was __________(mediocre band redacted for anonymity) 20 odd years ago. He went on to say that his date that night was a hottie and what happened after the concert was the primary reason for the top spot. Also, it was a one night stand.

I think anyone who read his post would infer that he had a better sex with his one night stand than me. I realize that he had a dating and sex life before me and some partners were probably better than me, but I find it disrespectful to imply this within earshot of your current partner and infuriating to make such a public declaration. He says I'm reading too much into it and no one else would come to that conclusion. Further, he might have declared our concert as his favorite, but I won't allow him to provide fun details online.

We had a huge argument that night and we've barely spoken since. I'n embarrassed to show my face in front of anyone who might have read it, but I worry that I'm being petty.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
YTA, he gave you an better reason to sever than "creative needs fulfilled only by tweeting", take it and run

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

how do i know if my GF is cheating on me with a bastard ?!

quote:

How do i know if she is cheating :(

I’m 21 and my girl is 23, we’ve been together for almost 1.5 y and i have a feeling that she is cheating on me because she never introduced me to her parents, she is very shy kissing me in public and during all this time she never mentioned me anywhere on Social media which makes me really overthink this stuff, she was a model but she quit she’s polish tall long blonde hair pretty face and green eyes for me she is the perfect girl, and i am iranian 190cm and i would say with a manly face ( trimmed beard, sharp jaw, brown eyes... ) she is always on the phone texting but usually to her mom, and she goes alone to vacations sometimes, like this time she went to USA for 2 weeks alone, she said she is going to her family friends there ( and she went because she sent me tons of pics in their house and with them ) but then she went to NY alone for 4 days, i mean really who goes on such vacations alone ?! and here i am just being the most loyal boyfriend not even thinking and wanting to cheat on her even if some girls are interested... is there any way that i can see if she’s cheating ? 🥺 TL;DR : My Girl never mentions me anywhere and goes on vacations alone, im going crazy here that she might be cheating on me :(

A month before this...

I’m (M21) and i don’t have much sex with my GF (23) i don’t know what to do and im constantly thinking about cheating on her

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Lol this dude is the side piece

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Dad [57M] doesn't want me [24M] to date a Vietnamese girl because he thinks they are not loyal/faithful to family

quote:

Disclaimer: my dad is not racist or anything. He used to worked and live near Vietnam. So he says he knows a lot about Vietnamese people. I know he only cares for me.

So I am currently dating a Vietnamese girl [24F] who was born in Vietnam but now living in Australia. She is a very lovely and kind person in my eyes. She always go out of her ways to help the elderly or tell me to help them out. She always being very supportive of me and pushes me to aim higher for my career. People around her seems to really love her too. She is also career driven because I can see that she works very hard. That is why I love her so much because she has her own goals and she has a really good personality.

We get along really really well. We just seems to understand each other. We always have so much fun times together and every time I am not with her. I cannot help but think and miss her so much. She has comes into my life and I cannot imagine living my life without her now. I love her so so much.

So the problem comes in when I decided to tell my dad about her. His first reaction when I told him that she was Vietnamese born. He said "you are making a mistake". I asked him why and told him that she is a lovely person. He said "Do you know anything about her family. Is she from a good family?". So I just told him about what I know about her family. So my dad said "You are a fool, how do you know what she is telling you is the truth? Have you see it with your own eyes?", "You are just young and inexperienced, I have lived and worked near Vietnam for so long. There are so many stories where the girl will cheat on you. She will leaves you if she finds someone else better. They are gutsy people and they are not scare to do what is best for them". My dad is very traditional and it seems he already made up his mind because no matter how hard I am trying to explain to him. His reply is always "You are wrong" and when it gets really intense he would say "if you want to be with her so bad just say good bye to all your family members". They haven't met because I am afraid of introducing her to my dad now.

I love her so much and I don't want to choose between my family and her. My dad has done so much for me and I respect him a lot. But I think my girlfriend is the one. She is everything I'm looking for in a girl and from what she tells me and her actions towards me. I can tell that she loves me a lot also. I believe in good of people and I trust her completely.

I just want to know. Are Vietnamese girl loyal and faithful to their family? I'm sure many of you guys out there and dating or marrying a Vietnamese girl.

TL;DR! - my dad doesn't want me to date a Vietnamese girl because he thinks they are not loyal to their family.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Licarn posted:

Dad [57M] doesn't want me [24M] to date a Vietnamese girl because he thinks they are not loyal/faithful to family

dad is from china right

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Licarn posted:

/r/relationships: Disclaimer: my dad is not racist or anything

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Sagebrush posted:

dad is from china right

I've heard these kinds of stereotypes about Vietnamese from Chinese family, so maybe.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sagebrush posted:

dad is from china right

White Australians are really racist too :colbert:

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Inceltown posted:

White Australians are really racist too :colbert:

Not going to argue with that, but I've always found that white racism tends to lump all asians together, whereas Asians are more likely to discriminate against other Asian nationalities. Maybe it's different in Australia, though. Also, just noticing the " they are not scare to do what is best for them" -- definitely sensing that the dad and maybe the son as well is not a native speaker.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for taking my birth control in public?

I’ve been taking oral contraceptives for about 6 years now. When I first started, I was worried about what other people would think (I was raised in a pretty “sex-is-taboo” household) and hid that I was taking them very well. Now, however, I’m in my mid twenties and I’m comfortable enough in my skin that I don’t really mind if people know I’m on the pill.

Anyway, I was out on a double date with a couple we know last night and the alarm on my watch started going off (vibration). It was time for me to take my pill. While we’re all chatting, I reach down into my purse that’s beside me in the booth and get my pill, put it in my mouth, and take a drink of water. Whole thing probably took 30 seconds.

My friend didn’t comment, but her boyfriend made a face and said “did you just take something?”

I said “yeah, my birth control.”

He made another face and said, “that’s inappropriate don’t you think?”

I just kind of exchanged a look with my boyfriend who seemed as lost as I was. I mumbled an “uh, ok” cause I hate confrontation.

He went on, “you should probably go to the bathroom to do that. It’s really not polite to take that kind of pill in front of a group of people. We get it, you have sex.”

I really had no idea what to say, so my boyfriend changed the subject to the game that was on over our heads at the bar and the night carried on.

I was pretty much floored. Wtf? I had been doing this for a while now, any time I’m out and my alarm goes off, I’ll just take my pill and go about my day. Wouldn’t it be like taking any other medication? Or Advil? I don’t really see the problem. AITA?

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
That friend is gonna be real happy about that litmust test revealing that her boyfriend is trash with no real investment or pain

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I for one am still glad there are people toeing the line of shaming unacceptable public behavior such as swallowing a pill

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

thatguy posted:

I for one am still glad there are people toeing the line of shaming unacceptable public behavior such as swallowing a pill

a SEX pill

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

That isn't nearly as awkward as using the toilet at your friends house and there's a used condom right there in the open waste basket. What a baby.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Choke him out again and keep doing until he pays you, then break up with this fragile little shortstack

No

Ask him to go double or nothing and this time you finish the job, and you legally change your name to Xenya Onatopp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

11 year monogamous relationship and now he wants to be poly. Are we destined for failure?

we are absolutely perfect for each other, aside from him wanting other relationships

lol