Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Oh it’s a delivery notice. Google translate gets the SS spirit though:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Uhhh FV I also got a notification from FedEx Canada that your shipment has been delayed to the 14th for some reason? But at least it’s in Canada now.

I didn’t order you anything from Finland so that’s not from me.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

FrozenVent posted:

Oh it’s a delivery notice. Google translate gets the SS spirit though:

It's a notice that a parcel can be picked up from the post office or a parcel machine. If there is a long code in the mail you should PM it to the recipient so they can go and pick it up.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Uhhh FV I also got a notification from FedEx Canada that your shipment has been delayed to the 14th for some reason? But at least it’s in Canada now.

I didn’t order you anything from Finland so that’s not from me.

I rerouted it to a pick-up counter for my convenience so no big worries

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
So Secret Satan sure delivered. A smashing shirt and a literal bag of dicks:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Ceiling Fan, Juniper is now a Ninja

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
I have served my country for almost 2 decades. But now, for the first time, I truly feel that I've accomplished something that justifies my existence on this planet.

Juniper is a Good Ninja.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Ceiling fan posted:

Juniper is a Good Ninja.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Shim did the second package show up?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yo, Naked Bear, your packaged touched down in Frankfurt on the 3rd, and "departed" from there supposedly, but I'm assuming customs may still be having a giant circular wankfest (as is standard German customs procedure) over it, otherwise I can't explain why it isn't here yet.
I'll holler when it is.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Two finger yeah I got the parcel notice in my box but the post office has been a mad house so I’ll get to it this afternoon or tomorrow.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

This is going to be great.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Taking the metro home. Will open once I get home.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

And I’m home. Let’s see.

Fun fact: the French translation says “gently caress it to prolong play!”

drat now I’ll have to get a dog!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

And also:

This is the best deck of cards ever.

This is the best SS ever, thanks PantslessWithWolves!

(I opened the enveloppe above the sink because it looked... glittery)

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Nice! When I learned Customs opened it up, I for sure thought they were going to confiscate the UNMAS deck of cards. Glad you enjoyed it, and sorry it took so long for me to send it out!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

They probably got excited because the custom paperwork said “toys, dog toys”

Canadian customs tarifs toys and dog toys differently, you see.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Secret Satan Strikes again! Thanks to everyone who sent some stuff.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Who's still waiting on a gift? We must be getting close to being done

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Who's still waiting on a gift? We must be getting close to being done

Me :allbuttons:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I have had assurances that yours is on the way

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Right, contest has to close up soon too. Let's have some voting people.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Arc Light wins outright

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

So as I mentioned the meter hasn't been calibrated since 1982. I just got off the phone to the National Radiation Laboratory to see if I could arrange to have it calibrated and had a very amusing conversation with them.
When I called I said look it's picked up some readings and I was hoping to get it calibrated as I'm not sure it's accurate. The nice lady transferred me to another gentleman who asked me for the details of what the readings were and where I was when I noticed them, and I mentioned the meter hadn't been calibrated since 1982 so I wasn't sure if it was accurate.
The guy let out an audible sigh of relief and said 'ok, you've been transferred through to the emergency line, I thought we might have a major incident on our hands.'
Arc Light, you forever loving win every prize for genuinely scaring the poor scientists ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:lol:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Hahaha holy poo poo that's amazing.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

So as I mentioned the meter hasn't been calibrated since 1982. I just got off the phone to the National Radiation Laboratory to see if I could arrange to have it calibrated and had a very amusing conversation with them.
When I called I said look it's picked up some readings and I was hoping to get it calibrated as I'm not sure it's accurate. The nice lady transferred me to another gentleman who asked me for the details of what the readings were and where I was when I noticed them, and I mentioned the meter hadn't been calibrated since 1982 so I wasn't sure if it was accurate.
The guy let out an audible sigh of relief and said 'ok, you've been transferred through to the emergency line, I thought we might have a major incident on our hands.'
Arc Light, you forever loving win every prize for genuinely scaring the poor scientists ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah

This is the best possible outcome of a Secret Satan Gift.

Did you get it calibrated though?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Another goon success story!

FrozenVent posted:

This is the best possible outcome of a Secret Satan Gift.

Did you get it calibrated though?

???

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm gonna send it away to be calibrated yeah. Couple week turnaround

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Hahahahha poor dude was probably legit scared for a second. The first time my counter started this weird chirp I was scared. Turns out it was set to alarm at about 100 CPM.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Don't get it calibrated, just gently caress with the National Radiation laboratory again periodically :unsmigghh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

No but really guys pick some winners or I'm gonna be arbitrary and people are gonna be mad. Also how many left?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Deathy is still waiting but I have had confirmation that it's on its way. And I vote Arc Light for most thoughtful

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I vote Arc Light also because causing a nuclear panic in New Zealand is :discourse:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My gift still isn't here, but that's due to German fuckery I assume, so my Santa has my absolution.

My vote is on Arc Light as well.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My gift still isn't here, but that's due to German fuckery I assume, so my Santa has my absolution.

My vote is on Arc Light as well.

Ok I'll query that one

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Duzzy:

poo poo hit the fan here a couple of weeks ago, so Santee: the nice part of your gift is going out later this week. The "real" part of your gift hasn't been completed yet, but I said I'd do it and so help me, you're sure as poo poo gonna get this... thing even if I have to eat international shipping twice. 

That was a couple weeks ago so probably in transit

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I still don't know who my santa was. I know their real name, but not username. I really like my (partial?) gift. Thanks again mystery goon. I'm also really happy that StinkyPete has been playing the hell out of his gift.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Arc Light’s gift was incredibly thoughtful and a nice gesture towards TF but frankly it deserves to win because it nearly caused panic over a potential nuclear emergency, which I think is a first for these Something Awful forums.