Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

wiegieman posted:

Now that we've had an issue about how cool Gorgon is, let's have an issue about Alexander coming back and killing the poo poo out of Gorgon to get his sword.

O(lympia) v X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I honestly don't know if I would prefer Greg Land, which is the most damning indictment I can think of.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm starting to think the reason I don't care for X-Force was I really dug Simone's Domino and I'd rather just see her doing stuff than crammed into an odd team book.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Excalibur is a strange book but it's really working for me and Rictor and Gambit connecting over a Smiths reference made me so happy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I'm starting to think the reason I don't care for X-Force was I really dug Simone's Domino and I'd rather just see her doing stuff than crammed into an odd team book.

friend, believe me i'm there with you. but also believe me that beggars can't be choosers when it comes to Domino content (Domtent)

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I can't help but compare what we are seeing with Rogue here with what Moira looked like at the end of her last life.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I had to drop Fallen Angels because Psylock's kid was not a plot I wanted to cared to follow.

Xforce got a lot better, and Excalibur, Mauraders and New Mutants still holds strong.

Hickman finally explicitly having Illyana not be straight is nice. Though Kate being totally chill with Emma is weird, but drunk pirate queen Kate Pryde is my favorite version of Kitty ever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kitty and Emma have been cool with each other since the giant bullet. It’s more that other authors forget that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
How did Kitty get back from the giant bullet anyways?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Magneto brings it to Earth and frees her in an attempt to gain the X-Men's trust.

I think it's actually the start of his current X-Men turn? I don't recall a flip back and forth since then.

(He is Magneto though and of course could have done it much earlier, but waited for the moment it most benefited him.)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

Magneto brings it to Earth and frees her in an attempt to gain the X-Men's trust.

I think it's actually the start of his current X-Men turn? I don't recall a flip back and forth since then.

(He is Magneto though and of course could have done it much earlier, but waited for the moment it most benefited him.)

He just got his powers back when he did it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What issues of which series was this? I stopped reading X-Books sometime during Whedon's Astonishing before Kitty was shot into space then didn't seriously read them again until after AvX, I've caught up on some of the stuff in between (Gillen's Uncanny, Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men) but still have huge gaps in my knowledge and I'm trying to fill a lot in since I'm digging Hickman's stuff and I know how he likes to mine the lore.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

What issues of which series was this? I stopped reading X-Books sometime during Whedon's Astonishing before Kitty was shot into space then didn't seriously read them again until after AvX, I've caught up on some of the stuff in between (Gillen's Uncanny, Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men) but still have huge gaps in my knowledge and I'm trying to fill a lot in since I'm digging Hickman's stuff and I know how he likes to mine the lore.

Fractions run

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

He just got his powers back when he did it

Yeah but part of the story is that he could have had the High Evolutionary do it whenever, but he just made a mental note of the bullet's composition and let her float around for a while so he could use it as a trump card later.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah in my big comixology binge of comics a few years ago that was right before I started Xmen again. I wanted to read schism mostly.

I like seeing the Hellfire kids again too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

I like seeing the Hellfire kids again too.

I hate them so much.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I hate them so much.

I can't wait to see Kate beat the poo poo out of them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not sure how drunk I'd need to be to punch a child, but I'm willing to find out.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Leah Williams and David Baldeón are doing an X-Factor book. It's a team who investigate mutant deaths for The Five before the resurrection protocols and I am here for it. Northstar, Eye-boy, Rachel Grey, Prodigy, Polaris, and Daken, "Wolverine’s disaster son" " because the team needed a 'fucky thot enforcer.'"

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

rantmo posted:

Leah Williams and David Baldeón are doing an X-Factor book. It's a team who investigate mutant deaths for The Five before the resurrection protocols and I am here for it. Northstar, Eye-boy, Rachel Grey, Prodigy, Polaris, and Daken, "Wolverine’s disaster son" " because the team needed a 'fucky thot enforcer.'"

This all sounds amazing, and it's a fantastic team lineup. So excited for Mister Sinister, Kyle on Krakoa and The Five.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rantmo posted:

Sold. Add it to my pull list already.

It's going to look pretty, too. I've been re-reading Baldeón's stuff on Domino and he's turned into an amazing penciler for my money, and he was never bad.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Never drew that line between Polaris and Northstar even though it’s super obvious.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
That looks fantastic but I'm extra excited that she'll be writing Fred Dukes again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

I'm not sure how drunk I'd need to be to punch a child, but I'm willing to find out.

I mean the Hellfire kids are literally the worst, I wouldn't feel too bad.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1216797390696599553

Of note in the replies:

https://twitter.com/Ali_Galactic/status/1216797963411959808

quote:

Twitter person:
What if a mutant is trans, and wants to come back the gender they identify as? Asking for a friend. ;)

Leah Williams
we have a storyline about this too 💙

Leah Williams
it was one of the first questions I had too.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Did Prodigy ever get repowered?

Edit: gently caress they were gonna have Maggott, that'd be even better than Daken.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 13, 2020

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Cabbit posted:

Edit: gently caress they were gonna have Maggott, that'd be even better than Daken.

Having the Maggots as biological sin eaters would be a cool use

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

rantmo posted:

Ah cool, X-Factor, and using Eyeboy, he's one of my favorite new X-Men.

quote:

Leah Williams and David Baldeón, fresh off of Gwenpool Strikes Back,

Ah gently caress, nevermind!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

IUG posted:

Ah gently caress, nevermind!

Read X-Tremists.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cabbit posted:

That's a good question. The last I recall of him he was farting around in that America Chavez series that nobody seemed to like much.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Read X-Tremists.

I was told that she's a good writer, and maybe even wrote something else that I liked (that I can't recall now), but Gwenpool Strikes Back was one of the worst comics I've read in maybe the last decade. (I stopped at 3 though.)

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

GSB was a really rough start but I think ended well, it's not her most successful work but X-Tremists was absolutely incredible. Her X-Men Black issue about Emma was also really good.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yeah, I think I know what Williams was going for in those first few GSB issues, but it just didn't work, and I don't blame anybody who checked out early. That being said Amazing Mary Jane is also a fun read, so she's had more hits than misses.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
X-Tremists was my "oh god everybody says they love this, why do I really really not?" book. More than happy to see XF come back as an Investigations book, cause that's one of the two titles that really got me into comics as a late bloomer in my 20s.
Honestly I also was never keen on Northstar because he's just a fast dude but I never considered what the new status quo would be like for his marriage. Really looking forward to seeing how that all plays out.

Still, though. But, but, but... what about JAMIE?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rantmo posted:

yeaaaaaaaaaaaah booooooooooooooooooooy

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think I have turned around on Benjamin Percy's X-Force all thinks to those pages of Wolverine being cut in half and still fighting

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roth posted:

I think I have turned around on Benjamin Percy's X-Force all thinks to those pages of Wolverine being cut in half and still fighting

Josh Casserly's art on X-Force and Ron Reis' art on New Mutants are such amazing compliments to their respective tones and storytelling.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

Josh Casserly's art on X-Force and Ron Reis' art on New Mutants are such amazing compliments to their respective tones and storytelling.

Yeah, Ron Reis seems like a great stylistic follow-up to Sienkiewicz.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I can't tell if I'm missing an in-joke but the artists' names are Rod Reis and Joshua Cassara if anyone wants to search for examples before checking out the books.

Ron Reis is a former professional wrestler best remembered as THE YET-AY, a mummy who dryhumped Hulk Hogan back in the 1990s, possibly the original fucky thot enforcer for the Dungeon of Doom.

I don't know who Josh Casserly is.

I am also realizing that I know Ron Reis's last name is pronounced "reese" but I've been pronouncing Rod Reis like "rice" for the past decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Roth posted:

Getting held together being told to heal :allears: