Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm still betting on the season ends with the new Top 10 being revealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

I'm still betting on the season ends with the new Top 10 being revealed.
Probably this.

I was thinking we could squeeze in the Pro Hero arc if we fully completed Overhaul in one cour, but I can see 14 being Nighteye Dying/Chisaki's Disarming, then 15/16 being remedial arc, then everything but the last episode behind Gentle arc.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I want a full episode dedicated to Aoyama's cheese thing.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The fight is pretty lame because Overhaul is pretty lame imo.

It’s also meant to show why Shigiraki vs Izuku at full power would be a boring fight, to give context for why their respective alternative upgrades are ultimately needed for the narrative to be interesting instead of both of them only having to land one blow to win.

Thus the impetus for the previous quirks and Shigaraki’s Doctor appointment.

Also it makes the Gentle fight a lot more meaningful as Izuku’s first true solo win against an equal, giving it more emotional weight and meaning than that segment might otherwise have had.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Rhonne posted:

We're only on episode 13 of 25 for this season, they have plenty of time to get through the School Festival.

Whoop, didn't realize it was a two-cour. Never mind.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
The season ending with the Top 10 would make sense especially with the movie showing Hawks. It'd be weird and kinda lame for the movie to show him so long before the series if it wasn't until next season.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The series has shown him already. Just briefly.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
When is the movie slated to come out?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Fabricated posted:

Probably this.

I was thinking we could squeeze in the Pro Hero arc if we fully completed Overhaul in one cour, but I can see 14 being Nighteye Dying/Chisaki's Disarming, then 15/16 being remedial arc, then everything but the last episode behind Gentle arc.

The entire Culture Festival arc was 14 chapters long, I don't see that being 9 episodes. I'd be pretty surprised to not see the Endeavor arc this season.

Mr. Hasty
Jan 12, 2004
Dick Tasty for President 2020

Mraagvpeine posted:

When is the movie slated to come out?

Looks like Febuary 26th.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-next-my-hero-academia-movie-comes-stateside-in-febr-1840929006

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The movie is already out in Japan and the American release is Febuary 26th.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

TheKingslayer posted:

The series has shown him already. Just briefly.

Just his silhouette.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

YggiDee posted:

I want a full episode dedicated to Aoyama's cheese thing.

Make that 1.5 episodes. The balcony scene needs to be a cliffhanger.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also it makes the Gentle fight a lot more meaningful as Izuku’s first true solo win against an equal, giving it more emotional weight and meaning than that segment might otherwise have had.

Muscular? Technically Kota helped by distracting Muscular for a moment, but one of the main reasons why that was necessary in the first place is that Deku had to put himself in a horrible, disadvantageous position to protect Kota in the first place, so it basically evens out.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Imagine if Chisaki had One for All. He could Go Beyond 100% and then repair his limbs to pristine position. Plus he seems to be able to learn to use quirks that aren't his very quickly so he'd be slinging Black Whips in no time.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

oh jay posted:

Imagine if Chisaki had One for All. He could Go Beyond 100% and then repair his limbs to pristine position. Plus he seems to be able to learn to use quirks that aren't his very quickly so he'd be slinging Black Whips in no time.

Hello, All for One, how are you doing

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Kanos posted:

Muscular? Technically Kota helped by distracting Muscular for a moment, but one of the main reasons why that was necessary in the first place is that Deku had to put himself in a horrible, disadvantageous position to protect Kota in the first place, so it basically evens out.

Muscular isn't really an equal, he's an overwhelming force that Izuku barely scrapes a victory against, who cannot see him as an equal or even worthy of paying attention to for more than the time it takes to squash the new hero. But you make a good point I actually forgot about Muscular.

I also would question if Izuku ultimately won, given yes he defeated Muscular but in doing so ruined himself so much he had no chance of saving Bakugo when it mattered.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He beat the guy and saved the child.

I think he won that fight.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He beat the guy and saved the child.

I think he won that fight.

Fair, and under the circumstances there was no better end result anyway.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

He won, but it was a near run thing that broke a truly obscene number of bones. Which is what made Gentle a significant marker.

Deku went up against a guy who regularly took down pros, and didn't just win, but he won clean. No broken bones, no assists, no nothing. Deku ran into a villain, won on his own terms, and was able to go back to class after.

It wasn't his first win, or even his first big win, but it was the first time he won in a way he could keep up long term.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Also Gentle was the one using a one use a day super powerup with limited availability to try and win and still lost.

Further mirroring Izuku’s efforts against Overhaul.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the festival arc is so drat good

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Yeah, the Gentle fight was a significant milestone for Deku because it was the first fight he won without any help and without getting significantly hurt.

It'll be cool to see the concert in full detail in the anime instead of devolving into a rough sketch. It would be hilarious if it did though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I fuckin forgot the concert turned into a rough sketch, lmao, RIP Horikoshi

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Arist posted:

The volume release cleaned those pages up a lot.

I think that was the last time I remember the manga devolving into sketches though.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Arist posted:

He even apologized for it in his comments that issue. Feels bad

The real question is how they do the concert- they gonna do any actual music or are they gonna just use some lightly animated stills? Godspeed to the Dub VAs if they do real singing- which is entirely possible because Jirou's seiyuu actually has singing/music industry experience.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Arist posted:

It’s kinda mind-boggling to me that they don’t have a stack of one-shots ready to be published in case an author needs to take an emergency week off.

Like surprise, here’s a surprise new chapter of Prince of Tennis or Hikaru no Go or something to make up for Horikoshi having Bird Flu.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 12, 2020

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

“My Hero Academia is taking this week off, so please enjoy this one-chapter work, “Rohan Kishibe vs. the World Crime Syndicate””

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vengarr posted:

It’s kinda mind-boggling to me that they don’t have a stack of one-shots ready to be published in case an author needs to take an emergency week off.

Like surprise, here’s a surprise new chapter of Prince of Tennis or Hikaru no Go or something to make up for Horikoshi having Bird Flu.

Well, there's a lot of reasons. First, there's the work culture, on both ends. Even aside from manga being a job that runs people ragged, the people who work in the field tend to be people who tend to run themselves ragged. (ONE once had to keep One Punch Man storyboards to himself so that Murata would spend time with his family around the holidays.) Even if editorial did all they could to say "Hey, no, it's cool, take the time you need to recover, this isn't a personal failing", a lot of the people working in Jump would still feel that way.

Second, there's the loss of momentum. Jump is a highly competitive environment, with most new manga failing to make it six months. Even once something is set, missing weeks (unless you're a One Piece level cultural touchstone) means you're going to drop in the rankings, which could influence pay and exposure. Even one week off can mean a big gap in interest levels, especially mid-arc.

Third, that would require paying full price for something that might never be used, and that might not provide much benefit anyway. While old Marvel fill-ins meant that Iron Man fans would go "Eh. At least I'm getting my monthly Iron Man.", and skipping it would mean no sales from those fans that month, few Jump fans are just reading for one series, and almost none of them would both skip a week for their book being missing and keep buying Jump for whatever they grabbed out of the fill-in drawer.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I believe the concert chapter was after Jump took a week off for the holidays which meant, because of the way their deadlines worked, authors basically had to finish two chapters the week before the break in order for them to make it in on time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I would love to see a My Hero Academia/One Punch Man crossover episode if the anime just decides to do a silly filler episode.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I would love to see a My Hero Academia/One Punch Man crossover episode if the anime just decides to do a silly filler episode.

We did just see Deku bust out the Consecutive Normal Punches.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Deku would be losing his poo poo over Mumen Rider

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The entirety of the episode consists of an extended and unexpectedly depressing conversation between Saitama and All Might as they discuss what being the strongest in the world means to them.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Supersonic Shine posted:

The entirety of the episode consists of an extended and unexpectedly depressing conversation between Saitama and All Might as they discuss what being the strongest in the world means to them.

Meanwhile in the background Class 1-A and a bunch of heroes from OPM are brawling with a bunch of villains from both series, but we never cut away to get a proper look at it until All Might and Saitama show up to clean house

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
When you really think about it, King is a healthy Small Might with the looks of All Might. Too bad All Might didn't have a good luck Quirk.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
OPM is clearly an alternate universe where Saitama inherited One for All after impressing All Might with his dedication to training.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
MHA is an alternate universe where push-ups, sit-ups, squats, and running can carry over the generations with the right superpower.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

EimiYoshikawa posted:

MHA is an alternate universe where push-ups, sit-ups, squats, and running can carry over the generations with the right superpower.
"Midoriya, if you eat this hair you will inherit not only my gains, but the gains of all the previous holders- none of which skipped leg day"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
B-but...Saitama Caped Baldy doesn't have hair! :ohdear: