Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
ardennes and paine are cool

i have no idea who half of the others are though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
anime dave is the auspol ik and guavanaut is the ukmt ik. helsing has been around forever.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
theres a lot of harsh light on the internet

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

exmarx posted:

anime dave is the auspol ik and guavanaut is the ukmt ik. helsing has been around forever.

but who the gently caress is this vilerat guy, i never see them post

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The fact that we still have the shared CIA account is . . . troubling.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Yeah sure, but who is Corbyn endorsing?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
different lovely tom

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
is he a refugee from the hillary campaign? I can never keep track of all those folks

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
he was the chief hillaryman with peter daou and, to quote the podesta emails,

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
people already getting this desperate from a couple lousy polls god knows what they're gonna do when the primaries actually begin

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i find peter daou to be such a fascinating tragically broken figure. something about him reminds me of something out of faulkner

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
bernie is going to win and work himself straight into a coma like someone else i could mention

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i don't know or forgot about watson but apparently he's endorsed everyone right before they cancel their campaign lol

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Homura and Sickle posted:

but who the gently caress is this vilerat guy, i never see them post

He is the Eternal President of d&d, not unlike Kim Il-sung.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Cease to Hope posted:

ardennes and paine are cool

i have no idea who half of the others are though

helsing is CanPol's attempt at sending its best & brightest

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Dreylad posted:

helsing is CanPol's attempt at sending its best & brightest

Wow did we ever fail. :v:

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
for the next stage in my career, and i mean this quite sincerely, i have started lowercase harassing ecological scientists on twitter

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
becoming known as an unpredictable maverick can only be a good thing in this political climate

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

nankeen posted:

for the next stage in my career, and i mean this quite sincerely, i have started lowercase harassing ecological scientists on twitter

as a professional ecologist i'm glad i don't have a twitter account

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
my favourite 80s factoid is that warren zevon hated david byrne, it was pretty personal, he wrote a song about it. and i will never know why. i deliberately won't find out

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

as a professional ecologist i'm glad i don't have a twitter account
my content would enliven your existence

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i really appreciate that nobody ever brings up the fact that i flamed out on my enhydra lutris account with a rant in qcs about how i'm a CONTENT CREATOR and i WORK FOR FREE and I DESERVE TO BE RESPECTED!!!!!! i'd just come off twelve solid months of unpaid internships in the marketing industry and was not thinking like a normal person

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
up until i little while ago i naively thought qcs was a glorified tech support for the forum which no one actually posted in

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the idea of complaining about the general state of the something awful forums legit never occurred to me

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the idea of complaining about the general state of the something awful forums legit never occurred to me
i know what you mean, sa feels kind of unchanging and eternal, like the structure of the government. i only dip into qcs once in a while, but it's like a concentrated pool of the most... emotionally engaged users on the forums, with all that entails

i lost my poo poo because right after i'd been permabanned some guy was like "that avshalom was encouraging suicidal users to kill themselves!" which is so totally not something i would ever do, i think once i made a post that was like "if you really want to die, make sure you take some political figures out with you" but then deleted it for ethical reasons. next thing you know i'm on a crusade to save the content creators. luckily it was short-lived, if there's one thing i can thank the LORD for it's that my biology can't sustain the kind of prolonged full passionate meltdown some other weird internet people achieve

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
there are q.c.s. regulars. im trying to be one.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i was feeling extremely invested in content creation at the time. when i was a marketing intern, all day long my bosses would yammer at me about the economy of ideas and my potential as a content creator who could produce truly unique content. content! content!! but when i tried to explain to them that it would be great if they'd pay me mcdonalds wages to create content for them, rather than me doing it for free, because that way i could continue to live in the city and create content for them rather than having to move back to the bush and create content only for myself, they said, sorry

and so i moved back to the bush and raised lavender rosemary lemons and goats, as bidden by the LORD via the restless spirit of ariel sharon. as ariel commanded me, so i did

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

exmarx posted:

You should start by having an extremely outsized opinion on FYAD, one way or the other.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
my sweet ariel

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
there's a poster (not me) who keeps putting forward absolutely dogshit opinions, doubling down on them when someone disagrees, then going back and deleting them; presumably because they're getting told to via pm/discord lol.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

exmarx posted:

oh i remember helsing now

cspam has new iks now too apparently

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

exmarx posted:

there's a poster (not me) who keeps putting forward absolutely dogshit opinions, doubling down on them when someone disagrees, then going back and deleting them; presumably because they're getting told to via pm/discord lol.
is it me

it's me, isn't it

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
its me

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
just kidding i dont post opinions on SA outside of the anime forum anymore

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

exmarx posted:

I’m glad it’s not you.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

exmarx posted:

qcs1 was better imo

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

at first I thought qcs being shut down was funny but then it just made them post here so I have seen the light of the vital community function it serves

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Berke Negri posted:

at first I thought qcs being shut down was funny but then it just made them post here so I have seen the light of the vital community function it serves
it's been an exciting few weeks

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
personally i think fyad will be reborn as fyad the white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao