Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

Awful CompSloth posted:

Tammy Baldwin should be his VP afik

She seems great, but someone pointed out that we'd be giving up a Dem senator in a swing state. Presumably Tony Evers could appoint a Dem for the short-term, but still a risk for the long-term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Cpt_Obvious posted:

No, there is not. If you claim to have a document, and then do not provide the document, it erodes your proof. That is the nature of proof. Again, you have clearly never seen a redacted document. If he wanted, the "reporter" could have censored the original document to protect his source. This is done all the loving time. Every day. Everywhere. By everyone.

no you see bernie's handing out unique copies of scripts to everyone so that if anyone leaks the scripts he can catch them and punish them

this is definitely something that bernie's campaign is doing and not an excuse to pass off a document that doesn't actually have any ties to the bernie sanders campaign as official

sports
Sep 1, 2012
How about Bernie/Duckworth 2020

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

sports posted:

How about Bernie/Duckworth 2020

Duckworth sucks

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
It's the word of a journalist attached to the Warren campaign who's written about 40 pieces critical of Sanders and his campaign over the last 2 years vs. literally every Sanders volunteer on Twitter, since as far as I know, no one has come out and corroborated this script ever seeing the light of day

Suffice to say I am very skeptical of its provenance personally

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

Concerned Citizen posted:

Endless snivelling, credulous, dissembling responses when questioned, from a transparently disingenuous hack who should gently caress off.

You've raised some interesting points, going to have to really consider your points that have in no way been endlessly disproven by everyone. You add so much value to the discussion.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

rscott posted:

It's the word of a journalist attached to the Warren campaign who's written about 40 pieces critical of Sanders and his campaign over the last 2 years vs. literally every Sanders volunteer on Twitter, since as far as I know, no one has come out and corroborated this script ever seeing the light of day

Suffice to say I am very skeptical of its provenance personally

Yeah if it was a real volunteer script there should be countless examples of it in the media by now.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Mind_Taker posted:

Duckworth sucks

but she ticks the marks for these demographic-obsessed people that seem to dominate the news cycle. To appease those people you need to pick someone who can distract from actual policy while also flaunting their status as a combat veteran, woman, minority, honest middle-class background, relative youth, etc., etc..

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I was reading the VP takes from ages back, and I have to wonder: why not Ro Khanna? He’s already onboard the campaign so he isn’t someone who jumped to Bernie from a losing campaign. He has a surprisingly progressive record for someone representing Silicon Valley, is very obviously not white, can be a firebrand when he needs to be, is better recognized than Nina Turner. His seat will obviously go to a Dem if he vacated. He’s under 45 so the Lefty InfoWars crowd who think Bern is a target or whatever can rest easy.

He also didn’t run his campaign on corporate donors or PAC money, but seems to be liked by the Wealthy But Not Rich workers of the tech industry. And like AOC he appeared by beating an older Clintonian dem in a primary. I’m really not sure why he wouldn’t be the pick, really. It’s not like he would ever go on Chapo, but Bernie himself is a compromise candidate to the guillotine lovers.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
I wouldn't call Bernie a compromise candidate.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie Sanders is going to win.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i'm not sure what the obsession with "we need someone super recognizable as vp" comes from. it really has not been a thing in the past, so why is it something bernie suddenly needs?

not to mention, turner has been pretty recognizeable if you've actually paid a bit of attention to bernie's campaign. she's an ultra vocal supporter, opens for him a lot, etc. her politics are a known quality, she's loyal to the cause and fighting hard not only to help bernie but other leftists get elected as the head of ourrevolution, etc.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Craptacular! posted:

I was reading the VP takes from ages back, and I have to wonder: why not Ro Khanna? He’s already onboard the campaign so he isn’t someone who jumped to Bernie from a losing campaign. He has a surprisingly progressive record for someone representing Silicon Valley, is very obviously not white, can be a firebrand when he needs to be, is better recognized than Nina Turner. His seat will obviously go to a Dem if he vacated. He’s under 45 so the Lefty InfoWars crowd who think Bern is a target or whatever can rest easy.

He also didn’t run his campaign on corporate donors or PAC money, but seems to be liked by the Wealthy But Not Rich workers of the tech industry. And like AOC he appeared by beating an older Clintonian dem in a primary. I’m really not sure why he wouldn’t be the pick, really. It’s not like he would ever go on Chapo, but Bernie himself is a compromise candidate to the guillotine lovers.

flashback to ro khanna's first failed congressional run in 2014:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2014/04/16/ro-khanna-republicans-and-democrats-can-agree-on-some-things/

quote:

Congress is going through its annual budget charade, which is more about scoring political points than securing a better future for our nation.

Last week, the Republicans passed a budget that combines huge cuts in domestic programs such as Head Start, Medicare and food stamps along with tax cuts for millionaires and oil companies. This partisan budget plan passed the House without a single Democratic vote.

U.S. Rep. Mike Honda, in an April 9 op-ed, criticized the Republican budget and touted the alternatives offered by his Progressive Caucus. Those budgets generally do the opposite, combining huge increases in domestic spending with huge tax increases. What Honda fails to note is that they don’t attract any Republican votes and often receive support from fewer than half of House Democrats.

It’s time for a different approach in Washington that puts consensus and compromise ahead of demagoguery and division. In that spirit, I have offered a seven-point plan for building our economic competitiveness — a plan that can find support among Democrats and Republicans.

It is based on ideas and practices from Silicon Valley:

Make computer coding a part of every public school student’s education. Our schools should teach younger students the skills, like logic, that form the foundation for computer coding. Courses for older kids should focus on programming languages.

Provide more educators in the STEM subjects of science, technology, engineering and math. We need more teachers trained and certified in these subjects. And as innovations in these fields continue to develop, we will need to provide teachers with ongoing professional development.

Attract more women into science and technology. We must develop better strategies to get girls interested in science, technology and math. And we must encourage them to pursue high-tech careers with more flexible work hours and better policies on maternity leave and child care.

Prepare more students for well-paying careers in advanced manufacturing. We can start by creating more partnerships between manufacturing firms and community colleges, so the colleges produce workers with skills that result in immediate employment.

Provide capital and more export opportunities to small businesses. In building our 21st Century economy, we cannot overlook our small businesses. After all, that’s where most of our innovation and job growth originates. We also need to simplify permitting and provide tax incentives for them to keep intellectual property in the U.S.

Provide job-training opportunities for dislocated workers and extend tax credits to businesses that hire the long-term unemployed. Instead of continuing to provide tax breaks to companies that move jobs overseas, Congress should shift those credits to companies that hire jobless Americans.

Permanently index the minimum wage to inflation. Rather than engaging in political fights every few years when the minimum wage proves inadequate, this step automatically will ensure that Americans’ hard work will be rewarded.

These are ideas and principles on which most Republicans and Democrats can agree. They may not provide the red meat that excites ideological extremes. But they provide a practical prescription for growing our economy and creating jobs, which also will help in reducing our deficit.

It’s time that our government in Washington puts partisanship aside and embraces forward-looking policies that will bring opportunity and prosperity to more of our families and communities. That can only be accomplished by replacing today’s stale political theater with a pragmatic new vision for tomorrow.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Craptacular! posted:

"Lefty InfoWars crowd"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

People aren't making poo poo up. These concerns are real and based in poo poo that actually happened during FDR's presidency.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Whole alotta stupid flooding in ever since everyone realizing Bernie isn't going away.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
You'd think that if anyone on the Bernie campaign was handing out this script to volunteers to use when contacting Warren supporters that somewhere, somehow even one journalist would be able to corroborate this story.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://www.thestate.com/opinion/article239206718.html

Nina Turner posted:

In choosing between the two Democratic Party candidates atop the polls, African American voters have a consequential decision to make:

Will our community side with former Vice President Joe Biden, who has repeatedly betrayed black voters to side with Republican lawmakers and undermine our progress? Or will we stand with Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and a movement that has been fighting for racial and economic justice since the civil rights era?

This critical choice is illustrated by the key differences between Biden and Sanders – which began at the beginning of their respective careers.

As a recent NBC News headline said of Biden’s time in the Senate: “Biden didn’t just compromise with segregationists. He fought for their cause.” The NBC report quoted the NAACP’s legal director saying that one Biden-backed measure “heaves a brick through the window of school integration.”

And Biden didn’t just vote for bills designed to prevent black students from accessing white schools: in a series of personal letters he actively courted pro-segregation senators to support the legislation

Sanders, by contrast, began his work in politics by organizing civil rights protests. As a college student, he helped lead a local chapter of the Congress of Racial Equality in its push to desegregate housing. Sanders participated in the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.’s March on Washington and was arrested for protesting rampant school segregation in Chicago. In addition, Sanders has been pushing an education plan that supports local efforts to combat racial segregation.

As a local elected official, Sanders also defied the political establishment by proudly endorsing Jesse Jackson’s 1988 presidential campaign; Sanders said that Jackson was a candidate “who has done more than any other candidate in living memory to bring together the disenfranchised.”

And the contrast between Biden and Sanders continued during the early 1990s.

Biden facilitated the public degradation of Anita Hill, an esteemed professor already victimized by a powerful man.

Biden also fought alongside right-wing Republicans to pass so-called “welfare reform” that reduced financial support for low-income families. Biden echoed former President Ronald Reagan’s dishonest “welfare queen” language and wrote a column conjuring an ugly stereotype of “welfare mothers driving luxury cars and leading lifestyles that mirror the rich and famous.”

In contrast, Sanders vigorously opposed these punitive cuts. “What welfare reform did, in my view,” Sanders said, “was to go after some of the weakest and most vulnerable people in this country.”

Similarly Biden worked with segregationist Republican Sen. Strom Thurmond to pass “tough on crime” legislation that targeted black communities with punitive criminal justice policies while promoting mass incarceration and harsh punishment for nonviolent crimes. At one point Biden declared that every “major crime bill since 1976 that’s come out of this Congress, every minor crime bill, has had the name of the Democratic senator from the state of Delaware — Joe Biden.”

One of the leading dissenters to Biden’s “tough on crime” agenda was Sanders, who Vox noted was “an early critic of mass incarceration and punitive criminal justice policies.”

The contrast between Biden and Sanders also extends to economic policies.

Biden has repeatedly worked with Republicans to try to slash Social Security even though “almost three-fourths of African American beneficiaries rely on Social Security for at least half their income,” according to the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare. Sanders, on the other hand, has fought to block those cuts and has proposed expanding Social Security.

Biden did the bidding of his credit card industry donors by helping Republican lawmakers make it more difficult for Americans to reduce their debts in bankruptcy court. At one point, Biden split with then-Sen. Barack Obama and almost every other Senate Democrat to help Republicans kill an amendment to protect medical debtors from predatory lenders.

Biden’s bankruptcy legislation passed in 2005 over the objection of Sanders; 12 years later ProPublica reported that “black people struggling with debts are far less likely than their white peers to gain lasting relief from bankruptcy.”

And today the differences between Biden and Sanders remain stark.

Biden opposes Democratic efforts to legalize marijuana. Sanders, on the other hand, is campaigning not only to legalize marijuana but also to root out institutional racism in our criminal justice system, outlaw private prisons, slash the prison population in half, end cash bail and hold police departments accountable.

Biden is opposing the Democrats’ push for Medicare for All, which would guarantee health care to all Americans and help address the disproportionately high maternal, infant and cancer mortality rates among African Americans. Sanders, on the other hand, is the longtime champion and author of that Medicare for All legislation.

Biden has refused to support Sanders’ bill to make public colleges and universities tuition free and cancel all student debt; this act alone would shrink the racial wealth gap between blacks and whites from 12-to-1 to 5-to-1. Sanders, meanwhile, is committed to closing that gap — and he believes as I do that this is one of the most pressing moral issues of our time.

All of these contrasts underscore the high stakes in this primary election.

By supporting a racial justice champion like Sanders — and his popular progressive agenda — black Americans will forge a multiracial, multigenerational working-class alliance that will generate the high turnout necessary to beat President Donald Trump.

In standing with Sanders over Biden, we will declare that we are not going backward — we are going forward into a future of empowerment and equality for all.

:swoon: she's so good

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Warren just sent out a email fundraising on this, so gently caress her and that whole campaign

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

You'd think that if anyone on the Bernie campaign was handing out this script to volunteers to use when contacting Warren supporters that somewhere, somehow even one journalist would be able to corroborate this story.

This is what gives it such diabolical power, nobody seems to have used it or heard it, and yet here it is blowing up at a very opportune time.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Warren just sent out a email fundraising on this, so gently caress her and that whole campaign

The best thing is to just let it go. It’s all just corporate flailing to sink Sanders before the first round.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think it does imply it. "We have 500 staff" seems to say some staffer did it. But sure, he might not really know.

You may post in bad faith a lot, but I don't think you are this stupid. That language is extremely obviously meant to imply "there are a lot of staff so it's impossible to say if some random person did this." I can't think of anyone possibly interpreting it any other way unless they were specifically seeking out an interpretation convenient to their talking point.

He just said he re-typed it to produce the source, without seeing the original document it is hard to say why. Maybe it had writing on it, maybe it was just a precaution. I don't think the journalist made the document up.

Why in god's name would you assume good faith on this person's part?

Chances are he didn't outright make it up, but it was probably passed to him from a highly dubious source and he jumped on it because it supports a narrative he wanted to push.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 13, 2020

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Yep, unsubscribed from her emails and put this cynical bullshit as the reason.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

You may post in bad faith a lot, but I don't think you are this stupid. That language is extremely obviously meant to imply "there are a lot of staff so it's impossible to say if some random person did this." I can't think of anyone possibly interpreting it any other way unless they were specifically seeking out an interpretation convenient to their talking point.

Why in god's name would you assume good faith on this person's part?

Chances are he didn't outright make it up, but it was probably passed to him from a highly dubious source and he jumped on it because it supports a narrative he wanted to push.

Well he has a long, long history of presenting incredibly dubious information and/or outright lying repeatedly to craft a lovely narrative deliberately to deceive. It's pretty reprehensi..

Oh, you meant the "journalist", well, same story.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

We aren't worried about insane right-winger's assassinating bernie. We are worried about actual existing powerful billionaire's that have a LOT to lose doing a business plot type of thing. Obama was safe because as soon as he became president he made sure not to threaten those with power.

Exactly it’s just like Bill Hicks said. Right after you’re sworn in they take you back to a room part the curtains and show you a video of the JFK assassination from an angle you’ve never seen it before

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Exactly it’s just like Bill Hicks said. Right after you’re sworn in they take you back to a room part the curtains and show you a video of the JFK assassination from an angle you’ve never seen it before

Nah, the Skull and Bones just remind you of the video you took during initiation. A quick screening of that will keep most people in line. It's part of why Trump is so unhinged. He's the first person to be elected that wasn't in on the scam. He didn't realize he was going to be a powerless puppet and chafes under the restrictions.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

she deserves to lose not just this primary but also her senate seat

hope someone primaries her lying rear end

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

A while back I might have considered this a reasonable idea, but Ro Khanna occasionally gives us reasons to be highly skeptical of him.

I think Tlaib is probably the best of the proposed options I've seen.

hobotrashcanfires posted:

Well he has a long, long history of presenting incredibly dubious information and/or outright lying repeatedly to craft a lovely narrative deliberately to deceive. It's pretty reprehensi..

Oh, you meant the "journalist", well, same story.

Part of the reason why I think it's more likely to be some random dubious source is that, to be honest, that script seems like something some random Bernie supporter might actually have written up (because its actual contents are a pretty accurate reflection of various facts that are inconvenient to the opposing campaigns, including Warren's, even if they aren't actually a good strategy for engaging with voters). I frankly don't think most Warren supporters (or supporters of other non-Bernie campaigns) are self-aware enough to write a document like that (though I'll admit that a very-online journalist Warren supporter is probably the most likely to be tuned into Sanders supporters' arguments, so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he actually did just make it up wholesale).

Also, it's pretty easy to avoid deliberate and explicit deception. It's a big world/internet out there, and it's easy to just find dubious things that are convenient to your narrative and blindly report on them.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

There's a huge difference between saying young children should be computer savvy and Biden saying that farmers and miners who left in the wind by policy can learn to code. The rest of the ideas, particularly regulating that companies be more accommodating to women, aren't bad.

Ytlaya posted:

A while back I might have considered this a reasonable idea, but Ro Khanna occasionally gives us reasons to be highly skeptical of him.

I think Tlaib is probably the best of the proposed options I've seen.

I actually started my post on Khanna thinking about Ayanna Pressley, but both her and Tlaib only got into Congress last year.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/brendohare/status/1216558684689653761?s=19

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Given the state of California Dems, Ro is in a similar position to Warren. He was a bit of a fluke and anyone that replaces him will almost certainly be much, much worse.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

RottenK posted:

she deserves to lose not just this primary but also her senate seat

hope someone primaries her lying rear end

Warren is a good senator. It doesn’t do Sanders any good for us to get furious at her. Just let it go.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Craptacular! posted:

There's a huge difference between saying young children should be computer savvy and Biden saying that farmers and miners who left in the wind by policy can learn to code. The rest of the ideas, particularly regulating that companies be more accommodating to women, aren't bad.

sadly it seems the "big tax, big spending" mailer has disappeared from the internet, but his 2014 campaign was uh not progressive

quote:

In a mailer earlier this month, Khanna highlighted what he called “Mike Honda’s old-school liberal orthodoxy: Big taxes. Big spending.”

That’s not a typical line of attack in a district where fewer than 19 percent of the registered voters are Republicans. But it fits the image Khanna wants to project as a new kind of Democrat, a bipartisan politician who is anxious to work with business.

“I don’t think there’s anyone — Democrat, Republican or decline to state — who wants a congressman who refuses to reach across partisan lines and who isn’t willing to put his constituents ahead of party politics,” said Tyler Law, a spokesman for Khanna.

Honda’s new ad features little more than “guilt by association,” said Law, by spotlighting Khanna donors like PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel, who has given $2 million to the Republican-oriented Club for Growth, and Marc Leder, a supporter of Republicans, including 2012 presidential candidate Mitt Romney and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, but who also gives to Democrats such as New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Rep-Mike-Honda-attacks-Ro-Khanna-as-race-tightens-5838476.php

he ran on stuff like "simplifying the tax code" and "managing the deficit." his transformation to berniecraft progressive hero happened during his re-match with honda in 2016, and somehow everyone just accepted it even though it's just insanely cynical

Concerned Citizen fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 13, 2020

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Scipiotik posted:

Yep, unsubscribed from her emails and put this cynical bullshit as the reason.

Same, I told them this:

"I was considering you and Sanders as my equally favored candidates, but this recent coordinated attack on the Sanders campaign using a BS smear from an embedded Politico journalist left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Good luck, I'm Bernie or Bust now"

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Warren is a good senator. It doesn’t do Sanders any good for us to get furious at her. Just let it go.

i will hate her forever, she has shown her true nature

gonna keep it to myself outside of SA but i will never support her or even give her benefit of doubt again, even against a republican

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Turning Sanders and Warren people against each other would allow every news organization in existence to spin up the Bernie bro narrative again but also smearing Warren.

Just let it go. It’s a trap.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

RottenK posted:

i will hate her forever, she has shown her true nature

gonna keep it to myself outside of SA but i will never support her or even give her benefit of doubt again, even against a republican

There’s no reason for that. The Sanders campaign training is literally to stay positive at all times and tell your own story about why you like him.

You’re doing exactly what capital wants and harming yourself and Sanders’ chances.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
If Bernie wins, Warren will have to be one of the people in Congress pushing his agenda anyhow.

I get why Lau would want to hit back at the meme that article invokes, because he's clearly rankled by the idea that Warren supporters are all from elite backgrounds just as I am, but to say that Bernie is repeating 2016 is an incredible diss that goes way too far over some passages of questionable validity. At least confirm that paper ever went from the hands of paid staffers to volunteers before you fire, because the Politico thing looks like something Sirota writes late one night and throws away the next morning.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Shbobdb posted:

Nah, the Skull and Bones just remind you of the video you took during initiation. A quick screening of that will keep most people in line. It's part of why Trump is so unhinged. He's the first person to be elected that wasn't in on the scam. He didn't realize he was going to be a powerless puppet and chafes under the restrictions.

I thought their initiation was something lame like laying naked in a coffin. Maybe I’m misremembering

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
extreme good look here by the white peopl...democratic party candidate pete buttigieg:
https://twitter.com/TwinklingTania/status/1216551334960230400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Condiv posted:

i'm not sure what the obsession with "we need someone super recognizable as vp" comes from. it really has not been a thing in the past, so why is it something bernie suddenly needs?

not to mention, turner has been pretty recognizeable if you've actually paid a bit of attention to bernie's campaign. she's an ultra vocal supporter, opens for him a lot, etc. her politics are a known quality, she's loyal to the cause and fighting hard not only to help bernie but other leftists get elected as the head of ourrevolution, etc.

Because there is a difference between someone who is known as the head of the campaign, and the people who follow that campaign, and someone who has held office at the federal level, been a governor, or cabinet member. It is not even about "recognition" but an expectation that a VP has had previous experience at that level. I can't think of the last VP nominee who didn't have that kind of experience, you would need to look at James Stockdale or Curtis LeMay.

edit: I'm not saying it won't happen, but doing that is an incredible rare occurrence, and hasn't happened since before WW2 for a Democrat or Republican.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 13, 2020